Author Topic: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Akeldama Blood-Heart vs. Ayaka Miyamoto  (Read 8968 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Akeldama Blood-Heart vs. Ayaka Miyamoto
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 04:33:09 AM »
     Ayaka moved out of Akel's scythe range the second she saw her swing, unfortunately due to her range she couldn't bring her sword up in time to block the gun shot. Pain stung as her aura flared to the hit but she was used to the pain by now, especially with the last throes seemingly within reach. A crude shoulder bash came after, and somehow a gunshot (how?) to which Ayaka responded with by breaking off her wires whilst dashing backwards, easing her blade, and deflecting the shot; Ayaka moved her blade quicker by grabbing the flat and essentially holding it like one would a staff. Another cut came in and she caught it with her blade, stabilized by her half-swording. The follow-up shot caught her in the chest but she ignored the pain and maneuvered the oversized farming tool's sharp side away with her better leverage. With her parry, Ayaka saw an opening after the shot and extended her arm, stabbing straight for Akel's torso then following through with a light cut upwards.

Replicating her attacks with her semblance, Ayaka activated judgement cut and continued the attack behind Akel, at her blind spot as she threatened her front. However, instead of waiting for judgement cut to finish, Ayaka pressed on and cut again in a massive arch, a threat that would catch anybody trying to simply move away. Ayaka aggressively pushed to end the fight within the next few seconds, vowing to do better than what her team showed during the last tourney. ALIA seemed but an Alliance by name, but perhaps with her display she'd send a message to her oft absent teammates, and persuade them to work harder, go on some actual missions, and maybe not be one of the least active teams in all of Beacon. 

Aura: 29%

Attacks -
[Stab -5%. Light cut - 3%] [Judgement cut - 5% + 3%]
[Wide Slash - 7%]

Status
Determined
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 07:57:35 AM »
The bat faunus took the stab to her chest, stepping back and seeing Ayaka position herself to strike again, Akel stepped to the side to avoid the vertical slash and the possibility that Ayaka could use her semblance again to replicate the same strike. In the same motion Akel brought her sword from her right to her left, to deflect any incoming strike. Ayaka's blade hit her sword and Akel parried the blow, letting it slide along the flat of her sword as she manuvered it to go past her. As the blade went past Akel shifted her body and did a thrusting motion aimed at her stomach, triggering the activation of the scythe to extend her reach and make sure that she could land a solid blow on her opponent.

After it fully extended, Akel would bring the scythe back towards herself, lifting the blade upwards so that she could grip the lower end of the handle, following through with a diagonal strike from her right top to left down.

[Aura 22%]
[stab 6%]
[diagonal strike 8%]
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2018, 02:39:39 AM »
     Ayaka didn't have to look at the displays to know that she had little aura left. Feeling her sword parried she decided to end the fight with something different.

The girl learned that not all opportunities presented themselves as she wished. She learned that the hard way. Plowing through the wishes of her family, and taking what pain she needed to make her own way. That's why she took up the sword. The way of the blade wasn't absolute however, and it always evolved. If she only thought with the sword, only moved with the steel, there would be  gaps in both offense and defense. That's why she used her semblance, to make due for her lack of range. Her wires to trap and ensnare, and her body, to move and protect herself.

A good solid hit was all she needed to win, and the same was practically true for her opponent as well. Despite that, she waited until the last moment of Akel's stab, staying out of range until the bat-faunus triggered the transformation. Ayaka acted fast and stepped forward sliding the scythe upwards against her kote(vambrace) and simultaneously slashed with her sword.

Steel grated against steel and Ayaka felt her aura get chipped as she parried the large blade. Fortunately, despite her aura taking damage, the kote dulled the pain and she went forward with her attack. With one last shout, Ayaka dashed forward with a massive dash, sweeping her long blade as swift as she could while staying outside of hand to hand range.

The air stood still as she activated judgement cut once more, and the slash arrived not one moment after, painting the air a white hue as the air rended from her attack.

Aura: 21%

Attacks -
[Slash - 7% - Replicate -7%]

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2018, 04:37:08 AM »
The bat faunus hoped to deal the final strike with that last attack, her teeth gritted as she saw her opponent move out of the extending range of her stab. Still, Akel wasn't going to give up and saw the blade rise and used her free hand to deflect the strike, she had no more ammo in her weapon and she wasn't able to bring herself to a defensive stance. She tried to bring the handle of her weapon to block the strike but the blade struck her arm and sending her aura into the red.

Akel moved back to the side for the predicted use of her enemy's semblance to go past her. Sighing in her own loss but happy that she at least made it a close match.

[Aura 15%]
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2018, 09:44:22 AM »
Catalina clapped his hands at the thrilling conclusion to the match. In his mind is a few ideas at who he could counter that equipment, including the most obvious one: get far away. He really looked forward to how this next match would go as another test of him against close-ranged opponents. He remembers though, in terms of the tournament, every match can be the last and the same goes for everybody else. He really shouldn't be acting as if he has won the next match now.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2018, 11:01:31 AM »
     It's over. She won. But for some reason it felt like things were just beginning.

With one last flourish and a flick of her blade, Ayaka sheathed Swallow's Bane and offered a short bow to Akel. Although not one to gloat she couldn't help but smile. "Not bad for a farming tool, you fight well." She managed, her smile disappearing as she saw her sidearm laying in the dust.

Masamune needed cleaning, being covered and dust and some remaining flecks of ice, and probably some resharpening as well. Knowing that this wasn't the best way to treat her sword she couldn't help but notice that without dropping it she could have lost the fight at that moment. The tiniest factors could determine a duel, but at the same time sometimes they determine the outcome of the fight before it even began. She sighed, wiping the blade off with a cloth before sheathing it, moving her much more massive sheath to her back as she comforted in the familiar presence of its weight by her waist.

There was clapping, as expected, but given her performance she felt like it was undeserved. Some of those claps, were definitely from future combatants. She shook her head, not wanting to linger in the crater filled arena and began walking for the exit. There was much preparation left to do for the next fight.

Students

Professors