Author Topic: Letting Off Some Steam (Closed)  (Read 15531 times)

The Fox Without

• View Profile
Letting Off Some Steam (Closed)
« on: September 18, 2016, 01:14:21 PM »
Tenne body shook with a soundless growl as she rolled like thunder into Beacon’s gym, the fur on her tail standing on end as she violently tossed her hoodie to the side, not looking where it landed. She seemed for all the world like a splintered box of nitroglycerin, any slight action almost certain to set her off. She made a beeline for the nearest punching bag, a thoughtless snarl running off the kid currently making use of it. She wasted no time making use of the device, thud after thundering thud emanating from the canvass as red burning thoughts passed in her mind.

‘I’m stuck here’

*THUD*

‘I’m stuck here, and I came here for them’

*THUD*

‘and what do they do’

*THUD* *THUD*

‘The little SHITS go and get grabbed by pigs, no less than a FUCKING WEEK after I left’

*THUD*

‘FOR LIFTING A GODDAMN CAR, THE LITTLE SHITS LEGS CAN BARELY REACH THE DAMN PEDALS, AND NOW VERDE GOT THEM OUT OF JAIL SO I OWE HIS DAMN ASS A FUCKING FAVOR’

*THUDTHUDTHUDTHUD* *SNAP*

Tenne stared dumbfounded as she watched the training bag snap off the metal chain, flying back a few feet, barely missing one of the gawkers, the soft sound of sand pouring out of the bag some how infuriating the Hyena Faunus, something snapping in the girl as she stared at it “AND NOW I GOTTA PAY FOR THIS FUCKING SHIT, GODDAMMIT.”
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:33:13 PM by The Fox Without »
Fortuna Altin-First year student: The Wannabe Princess of Team FIRE

Fluores Verdelia -First Year Tinkerer of Team MRSF

Tenne Byzant- First Year Recovering Thug of Team CBLT

Rima Tempest - First Year Snow Bitch of Team TBA
#55C8DA

FGLM001

• Personal Text
    Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch
    • View Profile
Re: Letting Off Some Steam (open-limited)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 01:40:12 PM »
Kushii entered the gym with a scowl on his face. Damn Marlon, making me come into this sweaty place and lift disgusting hunks of metal for no reason. Just cause I can't lift a mountain like he can. He was about to pick a machine when the sounds of someone yelling and something breaking stopped him. Turning towards it, he noticed a faunus girl standing in front of a broken punching bag. He recognized her slightly, he had seen her around. What was her name...it was a number, or at least something similar.... "Hey, Nine, don't break it if you can't buy it. What's got you so worked up, anyways?" He said as he sauntered over. Maybe if he killed enough time with this girl, he could head back and tell Marlon he had done his best and Marlon would be none the wiser.
Kushii Utsu-"Look, I'm the best, and there is no doubt about it."-Team MRKD

Brooke Baker-"Hope is the one thing we should never lose."-Team CBLT

Justin LaPook-"Whatever, man, just leave me the fuck alone."

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 01:52:36 PM »
Brock was lifting large, rubber-covered balls of steel, mostly because everything else felt too light to him. He had just started his daily reps with the 300 kg one when a large, tall and obviously buff girl passed by in a whirlwind, literally growling at a smaller kid who wisely decided to let her have the punching bag he was using. Watching as he did his own exercise, Brock saw that, after a few heavy hits, the girl basically went insane and punched the bag hard enough to break the chain it was attached to, sending it flying. After a brief pause, the girl screamed in anger about how she'd need to pay for it.

Gently lowering the lead sphere to the ground, Brock set off towards the girl. Another guy, smaller and with bright white, flowing hair, was also already headed there, rather heartlessly shrugging off her complaint as he asked her what was wrong. Passing them, Brock grabbed what was left of the chain and effortlessly raised the bag onto his shoulder before strolling back over to the angry Faunus. "Yo, don't sweat it. At least you didn't punch through the bag like I did; the only thing that'll need repairing's the chain. I've told the staff it's too light, but they apparently don't care."
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 01:53:33 AM »
Meanwhile on the other side of the gym. Gray was making a training dummy with Jack Pettibone's face painted onto it regret the day it had been manufactured. Even without the use of his semblance Gray's fury charged strikes were capable of cutting deep slashes into the wood. As he swung into the dummy he dwelled on the events of a few nights ago. When that bastard had decided to turn his life on its fucking head. With a crash Gray found his strike splitting through the dummie's waistline cutting it in half.

With a sigh Gray turned to leave. His venting mostly done when he noticed something going on from across the room. He recognised two of the three people across the room and gave an annoyed sigh. One of them was Tenne Byzant. He'd shared detention with her enough times to know she had an even shorter fuse than himself. The other face he recognised was Kushii Utsu. Someone he knew plenty about due to his time in the White Fang and from slight personal experience knew was a class A jackass. "This can only end poorly." Gray said to himself as he converted Lamnia to it's bow form and notched and ice arrow aiming it in between the two. Ready to fire the moment aggression started. If the other guy got caught in the ice. Too bad for him. Gray was not in the mood to deal with any more fighting.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

The Fox Without

• View Profile
Re: Letting Off Some Steam (Closed)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »
Tenne let out an exasperated sigh as she turned to see who the hell was trying to talk to her after that outburst, raising an eyebrow at the slight boy. ‘Holy shit, he looks more feminine than me,’ crossing her arms as she looked at him, “What the fuck business is it of yours,” she says aggressively, getting a better look at him, “and who the fuck wears a damn tux to  the gym,” the slightly pompous outfit making her grin despite herself, her canines becoming prominent with the expression. “ Also, who the fuck is Nine dumbass.”

As she told off the white haired fem-boy, a veritable mountain of a human went and picked up her punching bag, a trail of sand following him as he brought it with him over to the pair, slightly irking the hyena as she followed it, habits from having to clean up after her father and brothers kicking in, grabbing a nearby roll of tape as she snatched the bag from the towering human,  fixing it as he chimed in, nodding as she kneeled and made sure the tear had been sealed, “You’d think a school making fucking super soldiers or some shit would have better standards for the shit we train on,” she said as she got back to her feet, holding a hand out to the meat tank, “Name’s Tenne by the way, who the fuck ar-“ she stopped mid-sentence as she caught sight of a wolf faunus beyond him, the little shit already had a damn arrow knocked pointed at them, the red haze coming over her thoughts again as she walked around her new acquaintance, teeth bared as she bore down on the bastard.

“WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK,” she spoke, her volume not rising so much as her voice filled the room, a cold chill in her eyes as she stared at the boy, teeth bared and clenched as she walked across the gym “You better get a damn good shot in mother fucker, cause when I get over there I’m gonna ram that piece of shit so far down your throat you’re going to be shitting bowstring.”

#55C8DA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 09:54:57 PM »
Gray had been about to lower the bow when suddenly Tenne's aggression spiked again. "Damn. Almost avoided it." The moment Tennes begun yelling at him Gray loosed the ice arrow at her. Aiming at her feet before he moved back and pulled another arrow and fired again (the type will depend on if the first hit. If he connects with the first it will be an electric arrow fired into the ice. If it missed it will be a second ice arrow.)
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 10:15:25 PM »
Brock noticed the trickle of sand only after the girl took the bag from him and started fixing it. He had been about to shake hand with Tenne and present himself as well - finally, someone that's easy to talk to! - when she froze mid-word, her eyes focused on something farther away. It was only after she leaped up and started to angrily stroll towards the bow-toting boy that he followed her, hoping to avoid his acquaintance any unnecessary trouble, even though she could clearly take care of herself. Landing a friendly slap on the tuxedo'd guy as he passed him, his demeanor changed when the bow boy let an arrow loose. Speeding up, he yelled "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING??", the sound like an enormous wave crashing through the gym.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 11:07:23 PM »
Marlon had been enjoying himself, tightening up his swings on one of the wooden reactive dummies tough enough to handle his jabs. Cushy was supposed to show up soon and he was going to help the scrawny fruit get a little tougher. Watchin' Fruitcake strugglin' was always a good time. His focus on his work had thus far drowned out every other person in the room, as it always did when he was pushing himself to his limit. Sweat soaked his jeans and black tank top, rolling off of his back in sheets as he swung, ducking as the dummy swung round at him with every blow. Then Miss Bryzant started hollerin' and Greenwood bellowed, and he had to turn and get a look at whatever the ruckus was about. Good, Fruitcake was here...what in blazes was Saggio doin'!? He'd better thannk his lucky stars that was Miss Bryzant he was shootin' at, plinkin' a lady with arrows was bad enough, but at least she could take it! He was goin' to have a nice sit-down chat with the fool later...

Seeing little else around to intervene quickly enough with, he swiped a 20Ilb medicine ball off the nearby rack and hucked it at Saggio's head as hard as he could. That oughtta knock him sil...what!?

Red had been walking in the door to find that either Cheri and Ki were still in the changing room, or he'd beaten them there completely. Man, it'd be freaking weird to be early for once...Aw come on, kid, what the shit do you think you're doing?

Marlon watched as that redhead Cheri kept around like some kind of dog came flying across the room like lightning, dressed only in some baggy-arse sweats, sneakers, and a gold chain. He hit Saggio with a stiff elbow to the jaw so fast the kid was on the ground before the medicine ball even brushed past the man's ponytail.

"Whoooooo!!!!" howled Red, spinning on his heels to face the oncoming students, pumping the arm he'd used on Saggio once as he went. "Listen, fuckwit, just how many ass-beatings am I gonna have to bail you out of before you get your shit together!?" Seriously, this guy was a trouble magnet...in a lot of ways. Sneering derisively down at the prone idiot, he kicked his weapon away and gave that Murk guy the thumbs up. "Good arm, Murk!" he said with a leer.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

FGLM001

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 02:56:08 AM »
Kushii was about to respond with a grin, happy to be able to argue with this girl and avoid training, when she got up and walked away. She was still pretty close, so he was going to stop her, but he noticed an arrow flying straight at her from the idiot across the gym. As a matter of fact, the boy was lining up a second shot! With a scowl, he darted forward, moving himself in the way of the arrows. When he got there, he had half of a moment to marvel at the sheer stupidity of his actions before the ice arrow connected, square in his chest. Taking a few steps back from the force of the arrow and with the front of his suit now frozen. The second arrow missed him but Kushii didn't care. He stood looking down at his suit with a single thought running through his mind: Why in the blazes did I do that?"

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 01:06:24 AM »
Tenne ducked to the side to avoid the second shot as the white haired boy from before took the original hit meant for her, sparks of electricity making her hair stand on end as it grazed her cheek, her whole body coming to life as the after effects of the electricity came through her aura. As she recovered, she was shocked as the gym seemed to come to life around her, the dumb ass that had been pointing a bow at her mere moments before now suddenly on the ground, seemingly unconscious or at least stunned for the moment as a lithe red head stood above him, apparently having been the source of the wolf faunus's current condition.

She strode silently over to the boy's limp form, an impotent rage inside her as she now faced a helpless target. Despite her anger at being shot at, the boy was obviously no kind of threat at the moment. The Hyena settled for grabbing the boys weapon, applying pressure at the handles till the joint holding the pair of swords snapped, now holding the weapons, one in each hand. She considered them for a moment, before turning quickly on the nearest piece of training equipment, A loud yell of anger coming out as she sloppily swung the blades at the device. A reverberating sound of metal hitting metal filled the room as the objects collided. The end result showed that the two blades, while intact, were bent at harsh angles, before tossing them back to the figure on the ground, ragged breaths coming from Tenne. "Yer fucking lucky I don't make good on my threat bastard."

She looked at the others now gathered around, sighing as she went over to the boy who had jumped in the way of the arrow, "I don't suppose any of you fuckers know what the fucking mutts problem is," she said, her face hard as she observed the point the arrow had hit, though the look of concern in her eyes betrayed her. "And what the fuck are you doing, this aint no fucking fairy tale," she told Kushii sternly, snapping the arrow out with a quick motion once she saw the arrow hadn't actually pierced him, a sigh of relief escaping from her, before a stern scowl found its way back to her face, "and I sure as hell don't need some pansy ass fighting my fights for me."

(I'm assuming the boys aura would have kept the arrow from piercing him)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 01:07:59 AM by The Fox Without »

#55C8DA

FGLM001

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 02:05:33 AM »
(If it didn't, he shouldn't be at Beacon)

Kushii was shaken out of his stupor by Tenne's voice. "Sure, don't thank the person who just ruined a several hundred dollar suit for you. I'll be honest, though, I have no idea what came over me. Taking an arrow for the likes of you wasn't in my schedule today." As he spoke, he took off his tux coat and formal shirt so he was left in a white t-shirt. He discarded the ruined clothing by tossing it aside.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 06:20:41 AM »
Brock sauntered over to the now very stunned boy, nodded a curt hello to the Redhead and nudged the Faunus' head with his left boot. "Shit, he seems out of it for now. Too bad, would've given him a piece of my mind." He then turned back and crossed his arms, watching Tenne vent her frustration by bending the unconscious twat's swords. What a lady.

He then went over to the white-haired boy along with Tenne, noticing the slight pattern change in her voice. He waited 'til they were done speaking and joined in. "Pretty sure you still didn't need to do that." He extended his hand to the still-sitting boy for him to latch onto and get up and, while doing so, turned to Tenne. "Brock, by the way."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 09:23:26 AM »
Gray was about to jump away once he saw his arrows miss hoping to simply evade Tenne until she calmed back down and he could attempt to explain himself however he felt a sudden impact on his cheek and he was suddenly on the ground getting lectured by the man with Red hair from the formal.  Gray couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. " I was trying to prevent a fight not cause one. Thanks for stepping-" Gray had been letting Tenne rage in the background d and it was only when she dropped Lamnia in front of him that he saw what she had done.  Gray's eyes widened as what was his most precious possession lay in front of him completely ruined by that BITCH. He sat in stunned silence for a few moments as fury boiled in him before he rolled onto his belly.

Activating his semblance Gray pushed himself forward rising to his feet he rushed Tenne aiming a punch straight at the back of her head. im going to tear her limb from fucking limb for this.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 09:33:04 AM »
(sorry for not keeping the posting order but I really wanted to do this)

Something caught Brock's eye - the floor had been briefly lit by a deep, red glow. Not even thinking, he reflexively swung his arm to his side, fist closed.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 02:25:52 PM »
One moment Tenne had been checking on the white haired boy, making sure he hadn't been skewered or some shit, the next she heard the heavy slap of feet on the ground coming from behind her, turning around just in time to see the fist of the wolf boy from before coming straight at her face, her aura barely having time to come up as the blow landed, sending the hyena flying back a few feet.

Rolling with the fall, Tenne hopped back to her feet with practiced ease, a small line of blood coming from her lip where the blow her split her lip before she had gotten her aura up to absorb the brunt of the semblance enhanced punch. Her stance suddenly shifted, gone the relaxed stance as her fist were now raised, spitting out a gobule of silavia and blood before staring at the boy head on, "You fuckers stay outta the way this time, the damn mutts made a mess, he ain't gonna learn unless I shove his fucking nose in it," she said, a wide smile now plastered to her face, the pent up anger from before now having a familiar outlet, tail wagging slightly at the prospect of a brawl. She bounced from one foot to the other, keeping her eyes on the faunus as she watched to see his next move. She'd have to watch out, that punch had a lot more power than she'd thought could come from the kid, if her head hadn't been able to roll with the punch, it'd done some serious damage.

(Aura 93%)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:09:08 PM by The Fox Without »

#55C8DA