Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Gray V Nathan[Limited: 5/8]  (Read 23728 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
First Year 1v1 1st Round: Gray V Nathan[Limited: 5/8]
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:15:17 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE FORTIETH BIANNUAL VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I WILL BE SERENADING YOU WITH THE SOOTHING SOUND OF MY VOICE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MATCH- JUST KIDDING, F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? I'M GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET YOU ENJOY THE PURE UNBRIDLED COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FIRST ROUND, WE HAVE TWO BEACON STUDENTS. IN THE FIRST CORNER, WE HAVE THE BIG BAD WOLF, GRAY SAGGIO, AND IN THE OTHER CORNER, WE HAVE NATHAN EAU, SEEMS LIKE A PRETTY CHILL DUDE... DEREK! I'M RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THESE KIDS, WRITE ME MORE SCRIPT! ANYWAY, ONTO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ISN'T THE SAME THING AS POLITICS, DEREK, SHUT UP!" The crowd, though somewhat confused, cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Urban and Urban.

The sound of someone doing a spit take could be heard over the speakers. "BYGAWD, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WE HAVE OUR FIRST DOUBLE ENVIRONMENT! BRING UP THE FLOORS!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose a single new floor. The entire arena became a broken and crumbling city. Fallen trees littered the small streets and broken glass laid along the ground. The city's buildings were falling apart and broken, though some stood, albeit with broken windows and walls.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Nathan gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:17:34 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Gray V Nathan[Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:47:02 PM »
Nathan listened as well as he could through the thick doors. It was ridiculously muffled, but the announcer's decidedly gravelly voice came through enough that he could make out about 90% of the words. So he was going against Gray Saggio. ...I think I met him, once or twice? He briefly furrowed his brow: he'd heard from his teammate Fortuna - via Marlon - that he was sort of reckless and, above all, powerful. He was slightly displeased at the urban environment he was about to have to fight in. Although he was pretty sure he could manage, he would've preferred to hit his enemy with a volley of shots from Ergia straight out of the gate. Oh well. Guess he had to deal with it.

As soon as the doors opened, he took his weapon form his back and slowly had it extend into staff form, barely making a sound in the process - although that was sort of useless with the din produced by the crowd. He carefully began to advance, as silently as he could, around the edge of the street he'd entered close to, taking a left at the first occasion - walking through what seemed to be a dilapidated artifice of a bar - while constantly scanning everywhere he could see, turning his had this way and that. He also listened as much as possible for any sound that may give up his enemy's location.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:56:26 PM by nathan67003 »
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:35:12 PM »
As Gray entered the arena his ears and tail dropped when he heard the stadium suddenly be filled with booing from the Beacon students in attendance. Though it was unsurprising that this occurred Gray couldn't help but feel like shit about it. At least quarter of the people in this arena are looking to see me get my ass kicked. I'm just going to have to disappoint them. Gray hurried into a building with a now repaired Lamnia in bow form having an ice arrow notched. He stalked about keeping inside buildings and keeping his ears out for any sign of his opponent.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:03 PM »
Among the booing in the crowd, Orchid, sitting in the front row stands next to Stella, yelled out, "YOU GO GRAY! GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!!!"

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 12:22:39 AM »
Jack Pettibone watched from the front row, smirking and slouched in his seat, his hands crossed on his stomach. Thanks to Orabel's tickets, he had a ringside view. He was looking forward to watching Dogmeat and Nobody kick the crap out of each other. Although to be honest, after the shit Murk and Nobody had pulled...he wanted that loser to win. He'd already spanked Murk, it was Eau's turn soon enough.

Ki shouted as loud as she could from her vantage point a little higher in the stands. "Get 'em Gray! I don't know who the hell this guy is, but kick his ass!" she screamed, jumping up and down in her hot pink tee and daisy dukes.

Marlon, on the other side of the ring, roared his support for Nathan. "WRECK HIM, EAU! YA GOT THIS ONE IN THE BAG! FIGHT SMART LIKE!" he bellowed, once again starting up a chant and stomping his feet for his chosen contender. Dammit boy, ya better not get knocked out like I did...Pettibone needs a beatin', and you're by rights the one to give it...
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 06:57:09 AM »
Nathan was in the process of rounding the corner of a wall set under the remains of a miniature skyscraper, all the while watching to not step on a goddamn shard of glass, when he spotted movement in his peripheral vision. Stopping dead in his tracks, he angled his eyes directly at the black blotch he'd noticed. There, through an empty window frame of Nathan's building and a broken bit of wall in Gray's one. He was skulking around buildings like him, but he apparently wasn't keeping an eye out quite as much, his back and hair being the only visible parts of him. The distance was about as large as the environment would allow without outright being in the street - this was probably the best opportunity he would ever have. Slowly and quietly, Ergia's back staff portion slid back in as Nathan gently rested the other end on the window sill, a handle flipping out along with a scope. Aligning the crosshair with the center of his enemy, Nathan held his breath and, after making sure the weapon was set to full auto, briefly held the trigger down.

With the smallest hint of a crackle, Ergia fired, sending a packet of relativistic particles in Gray's direction.

(20% Aura damage. Shots that miss leave meter-deep, centimeter-wide, bright orange glowing holes in just about everything.)

EDIT: Auto hit removed.
EDIT: OP attack retconned, not that that does anything.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:20:45 PM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 10:47:21 AM »
No auto hits unless given permission. Do this again, and your opponent will be allowed to use an autohit.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 11:23:57 AM »
In the stands, Mauve was watching with a careful eye, trying her best not to notice one Jack Pettibone, sitting only a couple seats to her right. "YOU CAN DO IT NATHAN!" she yelled, eyes flicking over to Pettibone every once in a while, just to see how he would react. Oh, and if she strained a little, Mauve could've sworn that she heard some words of encouragement to Gray, which only served to make her yell louder. "COME ON NATHAN! I'M ROOTING FOR YOU! WIN THIS THING!"
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Gray V Nathan[Limited: 5/8]
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 09:03:54 PM »
Ki continued screaming for Gray, trying to drown out the suddenly vocal girl down below. Who the hell was she, anyway? Not many people seemed to actually know who the guys down on the field were, judging by the quieter crowd. Except for that Murk jackass at the other end...didn't he, that one guy with the jetpack, and Jack get into it about something to do with Miss Arachne? She still wasn't fully aware of what the hell was going on with this whole feud thing, and that bothered her. A lot. Frankly, Jack's behavior was worrying her.

Jack just smiled to himself, having noticed out of the corner of his eye that Little Miss Rat with Wings was nearby. Good, that's it. Keep rooting. Hog Princess' expression when he'd broken Murk was delicious. Go ahead, get your hopes up. When I thrash your hero around the ring, after he does make it to me and fail, yours will be that much sweeter.

Marlon's eyes briefly left the field, long enough to notice Pettibone across the way. And Miss Roux nearby. Well, that wouldn't do at all, no sir! Sighing as he rose, as getting over there would take time and he'd miss some of the fight, he went on his way, eating up the distance as fast as his long legs would carry him.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:49:54 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 09:20:11 PM »
Hearing the sound of a weapon transforming Gray leaped into cover just as 6 rounds of something destroyed the space he had just been in. Pulling his bow to full draw Gray quickly popped out and fired off an Ice arrow at the sniper who took the potshot to begin with aiming not at the person but at the gun. (No damage to Nathan but will freeze over the barrel of Ergia and lock it in place with ice if the shot connects)  before quickly ducking back behind another wall. he can clearly shoot through it but I am going to be really damn hard to hit through here.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 02:28:18 PM »
As soon as he saw that the Faunus had managed to duck in time, Nathan didn't wait to see him peek over his cover with a nocked arrow and immediatly dove behind the window he had just fired from. Something still brushed past his head and exploded on the wall behind him, trapping his right foot in the resulting mass of ice. Not wasting any time, he used his semblance to break free, barely capable of registering the drain on his vitality. After getting out, he switched Ergia to assault mode, fired 3 plasmoids through the window in the threat's general direction before dodging back down and scooting along the corridor, trying to get back into a position of relative stealth or, at least, close the gap between Gray and himself.

(3 shots, 3% damage each. Pretty much behave like normal, average-sized Dust munitions.)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 10:43:25 PM »
As Gray dashed through the building he was in more shots blasted through the wall remarkably near him considering his opponent couldn't see. None connected however and Gray continued moving. Damn. I need to close the distance between us or I'm a goner.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »
Nathan quickly crossed a gnarled street, using most of his concentration to avoid stepping on broken glass and alerting everyone and everything as to his current whereabouts. As he made it across, he flattened himself against the wall of a building, gave a quick peek into its bowels and, seeing as there was no direct line of sight to his enemy, cautiously moved forward with Ergia in staff from. The lack of replies from the bow-toting Wolf Faunus informed him that he was probably on the move as well.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »
At the lack of more raygunfire almost shredding him Gray stopped and his wolf ears pricked up when he heard approaching footsteps he smiled and converted Lamnia to glaive firm before her reversed course and ran back to where he had just been shot at. He quickly came across Nathan in a hallway and rushed him swinging his blade in a horizontal strike aimed at the boy's left shoulder which he would follow up with a shot to the cookies with the blunt end of his glaive regardless of whether or not the first attack connected.

(Shoulder attack=5% damage. Nutshot=3% damage)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 08:47:43 PM »
Nathan's back shivered with surprise when the Faunus jumped him and it was out of sheer will that he resisted screaming bloody murder. Immediately, he followed the oncoming strike's movement with Ergia, parrying it and using the gained momentum to help the staff pivot, then turned to his side as he usually did - only this time, it made him narrowly avoid getting hit in the gonads. He replicated with a hit of his own, thrusting Ergia with both hands like a spear towards his opponent's throat before backing off a step or two and resuming a defensive position, waiting for the next move.

(Throat hit: 5%)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"