Author Topic: Hunting the Beast [Closed]  (Read 4098 times)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Hunting the Beast [Closed]
« on: September 17, 2016, 02:56:14 AM »
Continued from: http://rwbyfanon.com/smf/Archive2/index.php/topic,3212.0.html

With a cruel smile that came with her dark thoughts, Artist follows behind Cornix as they move through the wilderness. She was no stranger to the outside world, nor was she a stranger to Grimm. Observing the beauty that lies around her, she reminisce of the good times she once had… Shaking away her thoughts as it was no time to become torn with grief, Artist quickly caught up to Cornix who started to call out towards the other 'expedition' members as they seem to have lost track of their target.

Uh oh.

She saw it coming, but unfortunately she was not fast enough to actually do anything about it. Her warning stuck on her tongue, she watched Cornix struck away by the Taijitu. With a scowl, Artist turned back to make sure Cornix was okay before facing the Grimm again with a ready blade. Unfortunately, the time she took to check allowed the Taijitu to strike, and Artist can only bring her metallic wings around herself. The Taijitu slams against the wings as Artist slides back from the force. With a grim and slightly pained smile, she quickly took that opportunity to unshield herself, take her blade, and strike at the Grimm. Artist only wanted it to be easier for the Grimm to be subdued, though her aggression says otherwise.

"A little help maybe?" You can absolutely hear the snarky tone.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:09:33 PM »
"Light it up!"

Cornix yelled from underneath her mask as she raised her own rifle and trained her sights on the Grimm. 'Right in below the skull, well one of them anyway.' She let out her breath and pulled back on the trigger, firing a stream of tranquilizers into the air, joining the others in the air. Most of the darts bounced off, few stuck however and it appeared that was enough to draw the attention of the other head.

Rising up, towering over the grunts, the head let out an ear piercing screech before shooting out and grabbing one of them in its mouth and swallowing him whole. After the lump in its throat moved downward, it refocused on the rest of the white fang members and Cornix.

In a moment, the head had moved from its place in front of the grunts all the way to inches away from Cornix's face. Had she been even a millisecond slower on her semblance, she would be in that thing's mouth. But thankfully her semblance's wall had stopped it. as the head reeled back from the impact, Cornix dissipated the wall and launched herself forward, slicing her sword down its neck. Not deep enough to kill it, but deep enough open the skin. As she passed by it, she turned fired her rifle into the cut, letting the darts sink into its skin.

Meanwhile, the grunts continued to litter the Grimm with darts and the other head reeled back from Artist. Instead of striking, however, it shot its head in a circle around Artist and brought its fangs down toward her back.
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »
Artist quickly look away from the head in front of her to check up on the rest of the members, just in time to watch the other head gobble up one of them. With a frown that only deepened further when Cornix was just barely able to repel the attack of the head. However, the sudden rustling of movement of the head that was once in front of her drew Artist’s attention back. She quickly saw that the head was gone, but could tell from the movement it spun around her.

Artist quickly turned around to find that the head is baring its fangs at her and striking for the kill. With some luck and skill, she was able to dodge the strike. Unfortunately one of its fang hit a part of her wing which caused her to slide back a little too far for her liking. Grunting, she quickly recovered momentum as she dashed forward and struck the side of the Grimm’s head.

Meanwhile, the other head seems to be agitated from Cornix and the rest of the members firing tranquilizers at it. In anger, it starts to shake and shoots off away from Cornix as it moves between the rest of the members. Knocking aside the members, halting their fire, the Grimm zooms towards Cornix once more from the side with their fangs ready.

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 01:24:09 AM »
Cornix stood her ground and, within an instant, sliced the beast's fangs clean out. It reeled back in pain and agony, wiping its head around blindly. 'Now's our chance.' She thought as she unloaded more tranquilizers into the Grimm. She would keep the trigger held down until- click. There we go. Only only one thing to do now.

As the monster's head came near, she pushed all of her energy down into her legs and leaped onto its head, stabbing her blade into the top of it's mouth as she did so. Quickly she retracted the blade and swiftly slammed the hilt against the skull of the Grimm multiple times until if finally collapsed onto the ground.

"FOCUS FIRE ON THE OTHER HEAD!" All they needed now was for the other half to collapse, and their mission would be complete.

The other head, meanwhile, had other plans. After reeling away from the gash that had been made on the side of its head, it decided it wouldn't focus on this disgusting faunus any longer. Instead, it began to snake its way throughout the crowd of white fang grunts, bulldozing any who stood in its way.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
Artist frowns as she watched the Grimm back away from her and go for the rest of her team. Closing her eyes and breathing in deeply once, she starts to channel for her semblance. Her stance was as if it was a batter's seing, and her sword as her bat. The sword glows a bright white that increasingly blinding as she pictured her strikes upon the Grimm.

Opening her eyes, a line of aura appears over the Grimm's eyes and Artist quickly swung. The heavenly white glow of the sword disappears as it replaces the line of aura over the Grimm's eyes. It quickly thickened before fully disappearing, cutting the Grimm's eyes out. She quickly felt the fatigue hit from her semblance use, but she used it enough it almost felt like nothing.

With a quick return of breath, Artist aims to do what Cornix had done to the other head before it starts to thrash around in blindness. She dashed forward and jumped onto its head. Using her physical strength and aura covered fist, she slammed her fist onto the Grimm's head over and over. Artist needs the tranquilizer to take effect, and the people doing it are slightly incapacitated.

"SHOOT THE DAMN THING, I'M DISTRACTING IT FOR YOU SHITHEADS!"

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 03:15:11 PM »
As Artist slammed her fist into the Grimm over and over, she suddenly felt it drop, like dead weight. As it fell, she could see hundreds of tranquilizer darts sticking out of its scaly hide. Beyond it stood Cornix and several of the still standing White Fang members.

Cornix let out a deep sigh of relief as she slung her rifle over her back and sheathed her sword. "'Bout fuckin time." Her voice was more ragged now, more fatigued. She glanced over the bodies of her team members, some dead and some unconscious. Underneath her mask, where no one could know but her, she frowned. She didn't want them to die. They didn't need to. But hopefully, because of their death, they could all get closer to their goal.

She lifted a hand up to her ear and signaled for back up and clean up. "Well..." She said, as she lowered her hand. "The hard part is over. I trust the rest can be taken care of?"

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
Artist sighs, as she looks at the forms of her team are spread out around her. Dead or fatigued, she still felt a slight sadness for not being able to protect them. In the end, it didn’t even matter now. They’ll push through and make sure that the White Fang does what it is meant to be done. However, upon Cornix’s question, she had a massive grin as she answers.

”Ah yes, it’ll be taken care of Captain. Now-” ”Good. I am ready as well.”

Artist quickly turns to the new voice, only to frown at who it was. The clothing and mask gave it away, and the very clear signature weapon of Blacksmith was also there. Had Blacksmith been following all that time? Regardless, Artist wished she knew Blacksmith’s agenda. That, and be less blunt. He’s so boring with a stick up his ass. However, it’s not Artist’s place to speak up, as she watched Blacksmith turn to Cornix as if he was going to say something, and with a nod of acknowledgement and respect...

”Cornix.”