Author Topic: ABoat time [Open]  (Read 7085 times)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Re: ABoat time [Open]
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 09:50:36 AM »
Kisha was quite surprised when Calen jumped after her. She had prepared for a variety of reactions, but that was unexpected even to her. Well, not to say that it bothered her. She had even thought about the possibility of pulling him into the water with some trick or otherwise persuade him to follow her, but here he was, jumping into the water himself! By now her body heated up and made the water around her having a pleasant feeling of warmth, so she let herself float on the water surface while staring into the sky. "Well, you didn't give me any time to warn you, but it's nothing a little movement can't fix!"  she said in her usual cheerful voice. Her gaze didn't turn away from the starry sky, admiring it in all its beauty, at least not until she heard a certain phrase, "Ha! That sounds good on my list of 'compliments I've gotten'; I'm more special than the fish you can catch here. Well, anyway, sorry for screwing up your dish. Let me make it up to you by replacing it. I don't think I have any fish left in stock but given the cold we both have tomorrow, I suppose something else will work too." Soup wasn't a bad start, but a simple soup would be way too simple and boring.

"I hope you don't mind spicy curry, if I recall correctly I have some ghost peppers left. Trust me, you breathe fire after a bowl of that! How did the saying go again? 'Feed a cold, starve a fever.' "
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2019, 07:56:13 AM »
'We'll see.' Calen responded as he slowly swam his way over to Kisha in a slow but deliberate breaststroke, never submerging his head. What Kisha said was partially correct, Calen did slightly warm up as he started to move but it wasn't enough to be called anything close to warm. Still, Calen had always found something strangely pleasant about being cold; it was calming, it sharpened his senses and kept him focused on the present. 'Perhaps we should have a bit of a cook-off, see who can make the spiciest curry which people are actually willing to eat.' Calen remarked wistfully as he thought to the hot meal to come. Spicy food had always been one of those things that Calen was initially ambivalent to but has become rather experienced in since coming to Beacon as a way to ensure other people don't eat his food.

'My father would always use teas whenever we got sick. Chamomile tea for fevers, Echinacea tea for colds, Peppermint tea for stomach aches and so on. At the time I thought it was normal but since coming to Beacon I have thrown myself completely into modern medicine, even get that common cold vaccine which seems to help as long as I don't jump into cold water.' Calen joked as he reached Kisha and started swimming in wide arcs around his classmate. As much as he was whining the water wasn't actually that cold and Calen was almost enjoying the swim. 'So do you cook spicy food often? Have to confess most of my team aren't that into significant spice so I don't get many opportunities to try it out.' Calen asks watching the shoreline as the last of the light starts to fade away. 
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2019, 11:38:22 AM »
"Cook-off?" Kisha laughed out loud. The idea was great, but there was only one, tiny, problem, "Gladly, but I should warn you that I have a tongue out of steel! When I say spicy I mean really spicy damn hot" And those words are a byproduct of the experiences she made in Beacon. At home, it had never been a problem, her family had the same resistance to spiciness as she had; her mother was the only exception, but since she knew of the family's preferences, she mostly held back when it came to spicy dishes. It was not until Kisha started cooking her dishes in Beacon's kitchen that she realized that maybe not everyone had the same attitude to her taste. Nevertheless, it was funny to see how their faces twisted after the first bite and how the cutlery was frantically thrown to the other side of the room in the following seconds, in search of something to suppress the burning. The thought alone made Kisha laugh loudly. "When I cook anything remotely spicy now, I have to be careful not to overdo it too much and have to put the extra flavor on my separate plate."

Slowly, the scratchy feeling in her throat announces the coming cold growing worse, but she ignored it as she floated on the water. "Tea doesn't sound bad, although I honestly don't drink it that much, at least not green or black tea. I heard that there is a teashop in Vale, so maybe we can go there sometimes, but I think it's too late for tea to save us now"she said, the steady grin never leaving her face."Well, my teammates are not exactly... tolerant when it comes to spices, they eat it- to a certain degree- but usually with a huge amount of rice or bread, but hey, if I need somebody to eat my devil stuff now, I can come to you!" Kisha joked at the end. She lingered for a few more moments in her relaxed position on the water's surface, then turned and swam closer to the boat again, "I hate to say it, but I think we should maybe go back. It's nothing new for my team that I'm out longer than I should be, but I don't want your team worrying about you. We also have to see how we get back into the building as I'm pretty sure all the doors are locked again."
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2019, 10:37:52 AM »
'I happen to know that team CASA always leaves their window open, I'm sure they won't mind all being woken up if its for a good cause.' Calen responded finding it quite interesting that lock doors could be any kind of obstacle for someone with a semblance like Kisha's. Maybe the semblance required line of sight or maybe she couldn't actually teleport through things. Regardless of the specifics of Kisha's semblance Calen was feeling rather envious of the idea of having a movement semblance that meant that you didn't have to actually move and therefore deal with the wind to use. As the moment he heard the Kisha was planning on heading in Calen used his semblance to quickly shoot himself as close as he could get to the shore in an effort to warm himself up as much as possible. It didn't work as well as he was hoping as the before mentioned wind bit hard but it also left Calen stranded without any of his clothes which weren't soaked from his swing as well as all his fishing gear.

I'll come back for it later I guess, it's not like the boat will be lost at sea with the anchor nor will anyone steal my fishing gear.' Calen thought to himself as he shivered on the beach. 'Yea it's funny what families do, everyone is so sure of their way of doing everything that everything different looks so strange. Anyway, it's a date then for the cook-off, we will find a time which works for both of us and move forward from there.' Calen called out jokingly as his teeth chattered from the cold. Honestly, there was little more that Calen wanted at that moment than a hot spicy meal but that would likely have to wait for a bit.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade