Author Topic: Among a thicket of berries(RASB Initation)  (Read 5188 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Among a thicket of berries(RASB Initation)
« on: May 10, 2018, 06:08:46 AM »
There was a depressive air over the air ship Team RASB was flying in, laded heavy with supplies but still racing through the sky with desperate speed. The idea the Shiru would attack again so quickly after being pushed back Shade was one of those possibilities that everyone tried to forget about to the point when it inevitably happened no one was ready for it. Hunters sent out to reinforce major settlements and Shade Academy was almost entirely emptied to provide support. Minor settlements had their citizens fleeing for safety and entire tribes of formally nomadic peoples came seeking shelter. Not that any of the preparation seemed to help as within a week Shiru had struck again, an entire town swallowed by the monster and then the sands raging around it prevented extraction teams checking for survivors.

But Vacuoians are resourceful people, re-engineering their bull-heads to deal with monstrous storm within hours as such entire teams of hunters managed to make progress into the storm aiming to put down the Grimm once and for all. The storms ferocity combined with picking up stray dust particles created a powerful, disruptive electro-magnetic field and although the bull-heads remained on target they couldn't communicate out or in. At least that is what the visiting Atlas scientists said until only a few hours after the teams left communication was made just on the edge of the storm. Scrambled by all the interference it could still, to some degree, be understood. There were survivors but they needed help if that was going to remain the case. But from where? Almost every hunter in Vacuo answered the call to push into the desert storm and those who didn't were defending the remaining settlements along with Shades students.

An emergency council meeting was called, sending an untested team into the field was against every regulation the school enforced particularly one of this magnitude but there simply wasn't another option. Sending an air ship full of supplies without defenders was a waste and although some argued that untested first years weren't much better luckily cooler heads prevailed. Vacuo had asked for aid but the closest serious group of hunters was days away and with a situation where hours mattered luckily brasher minds prevailed. As such with the blessing of the Assistant Headmaster, Eliana had left with the hunters along with most teachers, RASB was sent out on their maiden voyage. Tears were shed and council members already regretted their decision but as they say Alea iacta est, the die is cast.

Ramalia lay sprawled out on the cargo hold of the air ship, already eating most of her way through one of the supply crates meant to feed dozens. Anything that wasn't mission critical from most electronics to all chairs outside the cockpit had been ripped out to make room for more supplies and more space to hopefully cram survivors. They had no idea how many sent out the distress message or how many would be there when they arrived, if the message got to Shade it could have reached further into the storm, so the council had filled the ship to the brim. A decision Ramalia was, as mentioned before, taking full advantage of, devouring meal after meal as she made small adjustments to her gear. The small outing in Atlas had shown her a few significant flaws in her designs more than her teachers prattling on every could and as with everything Ramalia was quick to adapt. Fine tuning dust delivery mechanisms, extending her cannon's barrel for faster more accurate firing as well as a thousand small things Ramalia continued her journey upwards.

The former scavenger wasn't that concerned about the mission ahead, she had her own more important one. The desert had chosen her to inform her people and she couldn't very well do that while dead and with that divine protection no Grimm, not even Shiru could stand in her way. Her companions she was less certain about, they of course weren't ‘Ashkhas which automatically made them weaklings. Their physical appearance didn't help in that regard with Ramalia towering over each of them. Unbidden her mind whispered that her strength wasn't what saved her from being cast out by the desert and it was undeniable that each had a spark of something special. Shaking her short blond hair Ramalia tried in vain to loosen those thoughts from her head instead prepared to carry RASB through what ever lay ahead.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 06:56:09 AM by Kingnoname1 »
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Among a thicket of berries(RASB Initation)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 11:41:42 PM »
A refugee recovery mission. Erza stared down at her scroll with a slightly furrowed brow, scrolling through the mission summary - go in, extract as many as possible if there were any left - all to be taken care of by a first-year team  of strangers. There's a certain look of disdain on her face as Erza looks out across the cockpit from her seat on one of the emergency ration crates, surveying the team that she was assigned leader as. Her brother, a natural given. A giant of a woman  by the name of Ramalia, wielding a cannon and... what looked like a cinder block attached to a gauntlet. And the stick-like Patchouli, who's weaponized knitting needles decorated her form.

To say Erza was a little concerned was an understatement.

A whole new team, running together. Two people she didn't know in the slightest, another who she babysat on a daily basis. This was a recipe for disaster, and yet hear they were, charged with saving people's lives. And she was in charge of making sure it all went smoothly. Wonderful. As she looks over her teammmates with disdain, her eyes fix on the sprawling giant, currently... devouring a crate full of rations for the refugees, no thought to that others would need them. Great. Erza's eyebrow twitches slightly as she slides off the crate to stand. All leadership needed to start somewhere. 

There's the click of high heels crossing the room, before Erza comes to stand next to Ramalia's prone form. Dynami's on her shoulders, and a smart sheath for a sword hung from her belt - she was nowhere near as intimidating as her teammate, but that didn't stop her from approaching all the same.  "As much as I hate to be the one to discourage a healthy appetite, those rations are for the people we're rescuing, so I'm going to politely request you halt your consumption in the case there's a large number of people to feed. So... Ramalia, was it? It'd be within both are interests if you finish up your meal, and we perhaps repack the crate."

"Now dear sister, don't bug the woman while she eats! It's almost too cruel to interrupt. Let her gather strength for the mission ahead." The smug voice comes in response to a statement that wasn't addressed to him, sitting on a crate halfway across the room. Azre Sundown was as somehow as cocky as ever, watching the scene in front of him unfold - just watching so far, not participating. Two whole new strangers he'd be living with for likely four years to come, from a completely foreign country to both twins - he couldn't help but be excited to take center stage in a play that really wasn't even about him. "Don't you agree with me, Miss Ramalia?"

Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:39:24 AM »
As she thought about her future with this team, Patchouli felt like she was shrinking with every passing second. The two siblings already knew each other and the third member seemed distant and independent. Though she desperately wanted to befriend them, there didn't seem to be a single easy way for Patchouli to connect with these new allies. At this rate, this was going to be a painful couple of years. To top it all off, they just had to get such an unusual mission for their first experience together. As more and more time passed, Patchouli eventually realized she had been staring at Ramalia the whole time.

"U-Um... She can have my share of rations, if she needs it..." Patchouli piped up from the corner, twiddling with a needle between her index fingers. "I don't think I'm going to be able to work up an appetite, hehe..." Of course, even Patchouli knew that Ramalia had by now eaten more than enough for the four of them combined, but the meek little rodent didn't feel it was her place to judge while she still didn't know the team very well. There was a reason, after all, that Erza was chosen as leader and not her.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 05:46:59 AM »
Ramalia wasn't new to being the center of attention; her size, her weapons, her tattoos even her accent always seemed to draw eyes consciously and subconsciously. It wasn't unwanted, being used to being then center of attention the former scavenger found it comforting almost like she was back home. That didn't mean she wouldn't have some fun with Patchouli while she was doing her upgrades. Googles obtensively used to shield her eyes from the sparking dust also hid the steel blue glow as her semblance activated. Drawing her animal companions to her, the hawk flying through the doors followed by the wolf and the snake coiling out from beneath the floor. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your perspective, Ramalia's pranks where at least delayed by her leaders arrival.

Ramalia had in fact consumed a fair amount of popular culture since her short time in Vacuo, purely to send back to people she told herself, and as such knew a few details about the Sundown Twins, although ignorant of past exploits including the Sundown Sisters and the transition between. Quite flummoxed by the concept of models as well as their, from the outside at least, seemingly random decision to become hunters the former scavenger didn't have a particularly high opinion of the two. The music wasn't bad though.  As such diplomacy wasn't Ramalia's first port of call having their first real interaction being a direct challenge. Silently the giant cannoneer stood up tall before almost comically leaning over so their faces were level and only a few centimeters apart. Pushing her googles up Ramalia revealed the steel blue glow from her eyes as her snake slithered up and coiled up the now out stretched arm as she went to grasp Ezra's shoulder. Unless the model did anything the snake would travel across the newly formed bridge wrapping itself tightly, but not too tightly.... yet, around her body with it's head resting on Ezra's shoulder.

It was clearly a test although the specifics and consequences of failure, or benefits of success for that matter, weren't clear. 'Perhaps you should listen to the rest of our team mates leader no need to look any weaker than you actually are.' Ramalia responded, the rhythmic flow of her words doing nothing to hide her spitefulness towards Ezra. Straightening back up Ramalia looked towards Patchouli for the first time with her own eyes. 'Whatever position you had before which kept you like that is irrelevant here, you need food more than anyone here.' Ramalia continued with less spiteful undercurrents but no less harsh as she threw a pack of dried food towards the faunus. 'Eat.' The former scavenger demanded. Equally clear was the rather blatant leadership challenge Ramalia was making, even before their first mission had begun in earnest.

Sensing conflict the animals grew agitated the hawk and wolf got ready to launch at a moments notice while the snake gripped just a little tighter(or simply hissed if it never made contact). The rest of the support crew also left the room although likely not really knowing why, survival instincts are subconscious after all.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
Erza doesn't flinch as Ramalia leans down, instead maintaining eye contact. There's a hint of amusement in them as her challenge is issued, and the very slight tilt to her mouth in a subtle smirk can't be repressed - she's dealt with this type before, cocky and confident. The type that think they're better-equipped than everyone else. All you need to do is rise above them.

As Ramalia's hand reaches for her shoulder, Erza's hand reaches to meet hers -  going to catch her at the wrist in a loose grip to prevent her from making contact, and preferably keep the snake from slithering onto her body. Despite the contact, Patchouli is the first one she addresses, glancing her way.. "Patchouli, it's very sweet of you to offer your own food, but please - keep it. And Ramalia, as flattering as it is you're concerned about my health, I ate before boarding." Erza's eyes glance to her brother after that, giving the slightest squint - his smile becomes almost lecherous, and he begins to pad his way across the ship to Patchouli. As he moves, Erza's attention turns back to Ramalia.

"I have one question Ramalia - why are you so threatened by me that you find it necessary to be diminutive before we've even had a proper encounter? We're going to be working together for the next four years, whether we like each other or not, and to a degree that means the development of trust, at least in combat, is going to be a necessity. We're all here for a reason that's bigger than ourselves - I mean, you two at least are, my brother is a different story. So please, no matter how much you care to to assume the leadership role, think of the bigger picture. You have nothing to gain in asserting yourself over me beyond creating infighting. We're doing this for a reason. And as for your animals..." There's a slight glance in the hissing snake's direction, before that subtle smirk quirks up into a proper grin. Erza's mouth opens in an almost-intimidating grin, fangs visible, as she imitates the snake's hiss in return. A forked tongue snakes out to taste the air as well, adding to the woman's sudden development of faunus traits - only her brother would know it's her semblance, a minor usage simply a trick of the eye. "Would you at least care to introduce me, before you sick them on me?"

There's a dramatic sigh, and Azre practically collapses next to Patchouli, his arm covering his eyes as he feigns exhaustion. "So serious, so dramatic - ladies, ladies! We just all met, shouldn't we at least try to get along? As much as I hate to admit it, my sister is right - we're stuck together whether we like it or not. So let's at least try to get along, don't you think? I mean, Patchy my darling, you've already proven yourself the most generous here - I've barely known you five minutes, and yet you've already offered your food to a teammate! Now that's the attitude we should all be taking, shouldn't we?" He offers a charming smile to the woman next to him, before his expression does become slightly more serious. "Though I will agree with Ramalia on one front, please do try to eat something - I'd hate to have you collapse on the battefield from a lack of subsistence, not to imply that you will - but please do, eat."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:48:25 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
"Huh? I'm not, well..." Patchouli tried to formulate a coherent sentence while her cheeks reddened. She could feel her arm pressing against the wall as she shrunk further into the corner, away from Azre. "Well, if everyone insists, I suppose I'll eat something..." The porcupine desperately wanted to escape from her own personality right now, but it seemed like anyone in the room she could copy would only cause trouble with their confrontational personalities.

Well, besides Azre, who was just annoying. But Patchouli didn't want to give him any strange ideas by touching him.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 01:05:37 AM »
Ramalia matched Ezra's growing amusement which only pauses when her leader seemed to spawn snake like traits. Never one to show fear the former scavenger simply hardened her expression and tried to stare Ezra down. Pointlessly it would seem and no one was more surprised than Ramalia as the models who continued despite or perhaps in spite of her. Ramalia laughed loud and hard sitting back on to the ground, the dust beneath her luckily not imploding as her significant weight came crashing back down onto the metal. 'You really aren't scared Ezra Sundown? Perhaps there is more to you two than mobile mannequins.' Ramalia remarked, still chuckling away as she went back to fiddling with her cannon 

'Still trust is earned and you will need to do more than stand your ground once to do that.' Ramalia responded not looking up from her work but holding her arm out so her snake could slither off. 'I'm no shaman, I can not speak to the beasts to ask their names; wolf, eagle and snake will do.' Ramalia continued as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

The speaker started blaring loudly a few moments after Ramalia finished speaking. 'WE ARE APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES OUT FROM WHERE THE DISTRESS SIGNAL ORIGINATED FROM, PREPARE DYNAMIC ENTRY STRATEGIES.' A few of the crew came out and started running around, making sure everything was tied down, medical supplies available and space for the wounded set aside. 'So what can everyone do?' Ramalia asked using her gauntlets to put together her new modified cannon thinking her specialisation was pretty obvious. 'Although you should eat something Patchouli Breschi, in the future but also now we don't know when we can rest next.' Ramalia finished hefting her cannon up examining the now finished weapon.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 03:44:51 PM »
Ramalia's sudden laughter and collapse backwards gets a chuckle out of Erza, grinning down at her giantess of a teammate. "I promise we're much more than pretty faces. And don't fret about the trust issue, I fully plan on proving myself once we're in the field." She offers Ramalia a grin, before taking steps to sit atop a nearby supply crate and cross her legs again.

"See now, isn't that much better? I'm glad we're all able to get along!" Azre comments cheerfully, giving the cheeky grin he wore beforehand to his teammates once again - prompting Erza to roll her eyes. As Ramalia inquires about what they do, the grin grows. Azre knows a chance to show off when he sees one. "Ladies and gentlemen, may I be ever-so honored to introduce you to..." Getting up, he crosses the cabin to where he was leaning on the wall, reaching down to pop the latches on a peculiarly-shaped Saxaphone case, alongside several plastic-enclosed packages, which he then tosses to his teammates.

"Saxobeat! I suggest keeping those handy, by the way - sound-canceling earplugs, and some of her more advanced features can get... loud."

Calling it a musical instrument would be generous - it's definitely an oversized saxophone, with an axe blade forged into the bell of the instrument, alongside several other mechanically-different additions. Azre displays it proudly, looking on with fondness. "A beautiful weapon, and she sounds even better she fights - fully outfitted dust-based flamethrower, capable of speaker interface, and a wonderfully sharp cutting edge to boot!" He raises the instrument to his mouth, as if to start to play - but a glance from Erza causes him to remove it, and he pouts briefly in her direction before dramatically collapsing back against the wall. "In terms of semblance, it's Appearance Manipulation - alongside my natural charisma and gorgeous looks, I'm able to alter my appearance to physically appeal to what a person finds most attractive!" He tosses his hair with one hand, and there's a brief moment where he honestly seems to sparkle, before he returns to normal. "It's hereditary as well, so Erza has the same one - just not quite as dazzling, there's some...."

"Minor differences." Erza finishes, slightly glaring in the direction of her brother before returning her attention to the team. Sliding her arm through some loops in her cape, she raises it in demonstration before snapping it - causing the fabric to go rigid. "Dynami. Fully capable shield, just more convenient to transport. And Coreiseuse-" She gestures to the rifle at her side. "Sword-slash-rifle. Good up to 500 meters. We do have the same semblance unfortunately, but they manifest differently. Azre's is practically useless in battle-" "Hey!" "But mine does have it's advantages. However, a demonstration right now is... inadvisable." She shrugs, indicating the enclosed cabin.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:46:45 PM by Moth »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 04:28:18 AM »
'You aren't doing much to assure me you aren't only pretty faces if that is what the Sands have given you.' Ramalia remarked turning to face Azre while shrugging, Ezra being hesitant on showing her semblance was curious, it was unusual for hunting parties among Ramalia's people and did little so show trust but like Ramalia would say later, chance given. 'But like I said chance given, impress me. On the other hand the Sands have allowed me to see through the eyes of animals, the eyes of the hawk, nose of the wolf and ears of the snake are all mine. Other that I have the cannon and if they get past that I have these.' Ramalia continued holding up her gaultlets for her teammates to see. Heavy metal plating with several tubes of dust creating a brutal almost nightmareish weapon Ramalia then cycled through it's various fuctions; metal plated knuckles, buzz saw, knife like claws and detachable mines.

As the plane entered the sandstorm on it's way to the distress signal the ride got considerable bumpier, a request for assisstance from deeper into the cargo hold was quickly answered by Patchouli eager to get away from her team mates more 'expressive' personalities. Ramalia gunted in a way of farewell and checked her equipment once more seeing as they where about to drop into best case senario active combat, worse case senario the back end of a massacre. Turning back Ezra Ramalia got to her feet gun and guntlets at the ready, perpared as she would ever be for the coming conflict. 'The  ‘Ashkha rarely choose to fight Grimm, those left behind would be left behind. You are siad alrasas, huntmaster, how do we approach this prey?' Ramalia asked, there was a degree of deference in the former scavengers voice. Regardless of Ramalia's opinon of Ezra she had been chosen to lead and while until the mission was over it would take much for Ramalia to break rank.

The lights soon switched to green signally they where almost over the drop zone. The piolt announced over the communication systems. 'The storm is too hard to get a clear visual identification but the distress signal is still being broadcast so you will have to decide to drop now blind but quick or we can all land on the second pass.' The voice clearly wanted to former, not only would it get assistance to the people below them as soon as possible but the hunters in training could clear an area allowing the plane to land without having to worry about having it's engines mauled by Grimm. Ramalia looked to Ezra, willing to follow her leaders commands but she was also eager to get moving as soon as possible. After a little pause Ramalia asked rather woodenly. 'So...where are you two from anyway?'

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 01:01:04 PM »
"You're going to be a wonderfully destructive wall of firepower, might I say." Azre compliments, on in amazement as Ramalia demonstrates her weapons. She's definitely set to be the team's powerhouse - it's just up to the two of them to find a style to compliment hers. "And c'mon darling, I may have a pretty face, but I also have one hell of a brutal axe and more dust than I know what to do with, so you can count on me to have your back!" He finishes with a charming smile, straightening up and snapping the woman a salute.

Erza picks up where her brother left off, actually addressing Ramalia's explanation of her semblance. "That's actually incredibly useful - as long your animals aren't risk, it will definitely to scout in today's... conditions. And I'd say we-" The woman's cut off by the announcement over the ship's loudspeakers, looking up. Listening to the desperation in the captain's voice, there's a very subtle twist to Erza's face - something behind the carefully-composed mask becomes set, her eyes becoming sharp as she stands up, speaking loudly enough that the captain and rest of the crew would be able to hear them. "We drop in at the first available chance. Ramalia, if possible, have your snake or hawk scout ahead so we know what we're coming in for - I'd really prefer not to go in blind. Otherewise, pack up and prepare to drop." Coreiseuse is drawn from its sheath, held in sword form, ready for whatever happens below - and Erza strides towards the loading bay doors, obviously expecting her team to follow. Azre waits a beat, before picking up Saxobeat in one hand, offering Ramalia an apologetic smile in return for Erza's seemingly dismissal attitude. "We're from Mistral. I'd ask you the same, but I'm afraid we must get going." He gestures his head in Erza's direction, before starting to follow Erza - but lagging behind at least, waiting for Ramalia to ready herself.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 08:42:42 AM »
Any sort of charm Azre was hoping to weave over the former scavenger splashed off Ramalia's hard exterior. In fact the only response the male twin got was cocked head completely mystified by their entire interaction. Luckily any chance for further confusion was avoided by the announcement and Ezra getting them both on target. The landing ramp of the plane opens revealing a swriling mess of sand completely hiding the ground from view, some of which filled the cargo bay. Ramalia fastened a handkerchief around her mouth and her goggles around her eyes. Aura would protect against the lion share of the deserts wrath but not taking precautions would obviously redirect your aura away from the fight ahead. 'I was told small talk helped build cooperation' Ramalia explained pausing slightly before continuing. 'Wolf will land with the ship after we drop. Although Eagle can penetrate the Sand's wrath so we will know when to pull up.' Finishing Ramalia raised her wrist for the eagle to land on. Squawking loudly the bird was clearly ready to go and only after a moment of hesitation set off, on the other hand the wolf whined softly and backed further into the cargo bay clearly upset it was going to be left alone.

Knowing that waiting for the eagles reconnaissance would cause them to miss the landing zone the former scavenger finished preperation finally wrapping the snake around herself and throwing herself behind the eagle plummeting down to whatever awaited them below. Far heavier even without all the metal and dust she was carrying Ramalia did everything she could to slow her fall, this was her first experience of free falling but like most things the huntress-in-training had read up extensively and her utmost confidence banished any linger doubts or fears. Seeing the ground and Grimm hoard through her eagle's eyes as the bird finally got close enough Ramalia quickly relayed the information to the twins over their scrolls. 'The ground is around 400 meters below us and the hunt will begin immediately, Grimm pollute the sand for as long as I can see.' Infomation relayed Ramalia then got to work with her own 'landing strategy.' The chill of the ice dust rushing through her gauntlets contrasted greatly with the blistering heat and erupted in a massive wave, freezing a handful of beowulfs below her as well as helping the mountainous woman slow down. All in all an impressive spectacle unfortunately hidden and quickly being undone by the surrounding sandstorm.

Visibility was clearly going to be an issue so Ramalia bent over and quickly let her snake burrow into the sand to better make sense of the wild mess RASB found themselves in as well as finding the group of people who had sent up the distress call. Ramalia on the over hand got straight to work thinning to hoard of grimm that surrounded her. Each shot taking out three to four beowulfs but they kept coming, augmented with Ursas and alphas of both breeds the cannoneer was regardless slowly but surely losing ground, a dangerous preposition being surronded.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 02:29:32 PM »
"Don't force small talk darling, we'll develop our relationships at our own rate." Azre says comfortingly, patting Ramalia on the arm as she prepared to drop, before reaching to his belt and pulling out a canister of bright red dust, snapping it into the neck of Saxobeat.  Erza ignores her brother's pleasantries with their teammate, loading a clip into her rifle in preparation for the drop off. "As long as your wolf can find us in this storm, that's fine by me. Good luck once we hit the ground, and be safe." As Ramalia launches herself off the dropoff, Azre turns to his sister and offers her a cheeky grin. Erza simply raises her eyebrow in return, before Azre takes a running start - and in the fashion of a true diva, launches himself out of the cargo bay with a front flip, performing for a nonexistent audience. Erza waits a beat more before sighing, and then following her brother off the edge with a simple run-and-leap combination.

400 meters of freefalling to land ass-deep in a thicket of Grimm. Erza barks off a confirmation to Ramalia, watching her fall a distance below, while Azre's grin just gets worringly bigger. Raising Saxobeat from his hip, an obnoxiously loud tone sounds out - and flames blast out of the bell of the saxophone, significantly slowing the the musicians descent to hit the ground without any apparent trouble. The note doesn't end however, and Azre begins to play concerningly fast melody befitting of their situation, toasting any Beowolves in their immediate vicinity to a crisp - but it's not enough to stem the tide, and even Azre needs to breath as the dust in the cartridge runs out, and he ejects it to load in a similar red one. The precious seconds he spends reloading is enough for an especially large Alpha Beowolf to creep up behind him, raising it's claws-

And the musician would've been reduced to shreds if it weren't for the timely arrival of his sister, driving her sword deep into it's black flesh as she lands on it's back, aided by gravity. The Beowolf makes a yipping sound as it's knocked flat under her weight, before disappearing in a puff of black smoke. Azre twists just enough to offer his sister a grin, which gets a glare in return, before turning to cover his back, slashing the throat of any Beowolf that dares to venture too close. She manages to spot Ramalia from where she stands, and nudges Azre in the ribs,  with her elbow, gesturing to their teammate before yelling outloud. "Back to back to back! Establish our ground, then fight through in the direction of the distress signal - Patchouli didn't jump with us, we can't afford to lose each other in this weather!" With that, she and Azre begin to work their way up to Ramalia, fighting nearly in-tandem.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:31:05 PM by Moth »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 11:40:23 PM »
It was in these situations where Ramalia's semblance really came in handy. Vision reduced to a couple of meters didn't mean as much with a snake at her feet hearing the movement throughout the sands. The hawk provided a second set of eyes far sharper than her own human eyes and wolf although stroppy from being left behind allowed the former scavenger to direct the aircraft in. It was overwhelming however As Ramalia's mind sort to make sense of all that information as well as fight. 'Our target is over there.' Ramalia pointed behind the twins. 'We need to make our stand over there.' In that moment an Ursa charged the distracted huntress in training and she disappeared in a blur of black, red and white. A resounding buzz echoed throughout the sand storm as Ramalia's saws sparked to life caused the monster to collapse into dust. 'Go.' Ramalia wheezed out. 'They need you two more than I do, I'll find my own way.' The former scavenger was clearly hurting but it was definitely true that the people they were sent to protect needed them.

Spending more and more time in the swarm the composition of their opponents became more apparent. Made up mostly of Beowulfs and Creepers their was the occasional Ursa or Alpha it wouldn't slow down the hunters in training as long as they kept a reasonable distance. Ramalia sent her eagle off to the twins and rolled into the storm as much as to divert the swarm's attention as to as to get on her feat, gouts of fire and ice signified their team mate was still going and moving closer. If the twins tried to follow their team mate they would find a furious desert dweller leading them deeper into the swarm, trying to form a thin line around the people in need.

If the twins followed Ramalia they quickly found themselves quickly walking into hastily raised barricades, heavy dust weapons smoking and silent from over use and the only thing preventing the grimm from spilling over where a few brave souls throwing them back with a few basic weapons. But they weren't going to last forever and already the charging grimm where getting closer and closer and it looked like it would only take one Ursa to bring the makeshift wall crumbling down.

After a couple of minutes of fighting the aircraft was making it's second pass and although Ramalia could map where everyone and was continuing to give instructions over their scrolls there still wasn't anywhere for the plane to land. By now Ramalia had returned breathing hard and low on dust, she had been going pretty hard, too hard, and was now paying the price. Cannon balls kept flying but she only pulsed her semblance when the pilot needed directions and there was less over the top dust attacks. 'Any ideas?' Ramalia croaked, her voice dry and tired from the sandstorm and all the fighting.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »
The twins barely exchange a glance in discussion, before simultaneously nodding to Ramalia. Azre's down the hill immediately towards the settlement they need to evacuate, while Erza takes the time to pause and pat her teammate's arm - be safe - before following her brother, occasionally twisting over one shoulder to provide Ramalia with cover fire while she can. She catches up to Azre quickly, falling in behind him as if she were his shadow, shooting down anything that thinks it's a good idea to try to attack them from behind. There's another obnoxiously-loud sound as ice dust blasts through anything that tries to slow down their full-on charge, and in no time they reach the fragile barricades.

Holding the line is easier with the addition of two hunters-in-training, helping the brave civilians beat back waves of Grimm through the combined power of obnoxiously loud plumes of dust, interupted by the occasional crack of Erza firing her rifle. The occasional axe-to-the-neck of any Grimm that gets to close, alongside Erza's quick swordsmanship effectively prevent anything from breaching the barriars further than they already have - and maybe even beating back the wave of Grimm a bit.

The arrival of an exhausted Ramalia gets a shared glance between the twins again. The mention of an idea makes Azre straighten up, a devious smile on his face, before glancing to Erza - who rolls her eyes but nods anyways, wordlessly giving her permission. Reaching for the amp at his hip, he pulls out a cord from the side of it, before plugging it into a nearly-invisible slot on the side of Saxobeat. There's a brief blast of loud feedback, before the speaker goes silent - it's intention obvious. "What we need, my dear Ramalia, is a distraction. One question, one suggestion," He pauses, raising both hands for dramatic effect, index fingers raised up on either. "One - do you still have the soundproof earplugs I gave you? Because I suggest putting them in." The first finger goes down. "Two - you don't suppose you have the strength in you to give me a boost into the air, would you?"

Erza's reached for her own soundproof earbuds in the meantime.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »
'Both of those are questions but yes, to both.' Ramalia responded letting off one last shot before moving closer to the twins. Although the hunters in training were doing a lot to dispatch the grimm they also seemed to have driven the hoard into a frenzy causing the core of the swarm clustering just before the wall. Grasping her fists together Ramalia provided as stable a platform as she could before launching Azre into the air, her impressive strength augmented by her gauntlets, aura and a healthy dose of wind dust sent her team mate soaring up only barely remaining within sight. Retrieving her animals as best she could Ramalia prepared for the coming sound wave as she could, getting them behind the walls much to the dismay of the defenders. None made much of a move on the seemingly wild animals however instead they kept their distance keeping a wary eye on their 'owner' as she leapt on top of the battlements trying to restore the downed cannons.

Ramalia called out to Ezra as she was going to be on her own for a bit but the earbuds muted much of her warning. Ripping the protective panels off one of the failed heavy guns Ramalia immediately recognised the problem, several of the components had at least partially melted from overuse, not unreasonable given the situation, causing the gun to jam. Sheathing her gauntlets with ice dust the former scavenger started ripping the melting metal out, reconnecting the reusable parts into a makeshift but serviceable version. Firing off a few shots to show the defenders it was now functional Ramalia went over to the next gun and repeated the process.

Something was clearly going wrong with this one going by Ramalia's rather animated yelling at the defenders no one really capable of understanding the other given the former's earbuds and the later's lack of mechanical understanding.