Author Topic: The Forest for the Trees [CLOSED][ASPN Initiation]  (Read 31226 times)

CptSteel

• View Profile
Re: The Forest for the Trees [CLOSED][ASPN Initiation]
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
"Did that man say what had to be done when we actually found our teams...? Maybe we get a prize for doing it..first?" Argent looked around, noticing that the others were still chittering and chatting. He looked for someone in the other groups who had figured it out aswell, ending his search with a shrug.

"We better not just have to wait.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2016, 07:45:02 PM »
Persimmon swiped the pieces Argent and Noctis were holding. Moment of truth... he thought as he slotted the two fragments into the top of the figure he had just made.

Sure enough, the pieces fit perfectly. As one, the image engraved on the jade tablet became clear. The scratches in the surface formed outlines of an evergreen tree, and the points of polish and dullness formed shades of light and dark. Sherwood's piece contained the majority of the tree's trunk as well as the roots. Persimmon's was a lonely shaded branch sticking directly off the trunk in such a way that the image would feel empty without it. Finally, Argent and Noctis' pieces formed the upper branches and leaves of the tree, intricately bound together and blended beautifully such that an observer would be hard pressed to identify where one relic ended and the other began.

Persimmon couldn't help but be relieved. If he was going to be forced into a team for the rest of his years at the academy, it was at least good that he was with people he knew could hold up in a fight. A grin spread across his face. "Well, boys, isn't that a nice coincidence? We're already as tight as four peas in a pod, aren't we? Of course, one pea has to be the big cheese..." He pondered how gross it would be to merge peas with cheese before realizing that wasn't the point.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »
Noctis cringed at Persimmons little joke. "Well damn. I'm stuck on a team with bad joke mcgee over here. Although I have no room to complain since I have my own regiment of annoying habits too."

He crossed his arms. "Still, glad to be on a team with the three of you." He smiled lightly before he reverted back to his default facial expression. Thank the glob he didn't have a resting bitch face or everyone would think he hated everything.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2016, 03:41:27 PM »
Sherwood leans forward as Persimmon presses the jade tablets together. He thinks he sees the rest of team doing the same out of the corner of his eye, but he can't be sure and he isn't going to look away to check. As they click together, Sherwood can't help but smile a bit."Must be some form'a destiny." Sherwood says as he leans back against the wall. "The locker room, then the forest... Now this." He looks over each member with a small smile. His mentor had been right. The team is the most important part of Academy. He could see that much already.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:14:13 PM by willow_lark »
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
Nearby teams, noticing the boys' success, followed suit. By the end of the half hour, every student had found their team except one group, which was missing a student. Persimmon chuckled as a sweat-drenched boy frantically sprinted through the door, screaming apologies and waving the artifact found under the rocks.

As if sensing the students' jubilation at finding their teams, the man from earlier swiftly took his place back at the front of the room and put an end to their celebrations. "Attention students: Assuming you have found your teammates, you are to line up by the right of stage. You will receive further instructions once your relics have been checked." He gestured to a ramp on stage right, where a woman with a clipboard waved sheepishly to the students, a look in her eyes that said "I apologize for him."

The four boys made their way to the line as several groups stepped aside, allowing them to go first. Whether this was out of gratitude for figuring out the puzzle with the relics or simply as an excuse not to go first, Persimmon didn't know, but he made a point of smiling broadly and verbally thanking all the ladies that stepped aside for him.
...Gracious eyes turned to icy stares when they fell on him after that.
Regardless, the four made it to stage right unharmed. The woman at the ramp checked the completed picture in Sherwood's hands against something on her clipboard, circled that something, then handed the clipboard to the man on stage. She then took the jade slab in one hand and shook Sherwood's hand with the other as she whispered, "Congrats, boys. Put up with just a little more, alright?"

The four boys stepped up on stage and walked forward until they were instructed to stop by the unpleasant man. They were then arranged in a line, shoulder-to-shoulder, in order from left to right: Argent, Sherwood, Persimmon, Noctis. Their jade tablet was displayed on center stage underneath blown-up digital versions of the pictures they were required to submit with their transcripts when applying to Beacon. The man wasted no time with his announcement. "Our first team today is... Team ASPN, of Argent Grae, Persimmon Burhan, Noctis Quartz, and leader Sherwood Cathasaigh. May Beacon treat you well." The room erupted in cheers, and Persimmon pulled his hood up. The speaker actually cracked a smile, but the four stooges quickly realized he wasn't looking at them, but something behind them.

"Guess we made it, huh? We're a pretty cool team." Persimmon lightly elbowed Sherwood in the stomach. "Got anything to say, fearless leader?" he asked with his now near-iconic smirk.

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2016, 02:44:44 PM »
"Ah... uh..." Sherwood says, wondering they applaud with the crowd as well. He knew a leader had to be picked but he didn't think it'd be him. He was already uncomfortable with the whole room turning it's attention to him, and his mind races with a hundred tangential thoughts. Rather than try and process any of them, he went straight for the simple response. "Ah'll do my best team." He says with a nod. "It is a real honor."
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2016, 01:55:52 PM »
Argent was happy for Sherwood that he got the role of leader, he thought that the archer deserved it. "We've got years ahead of us, team. I hope we don't hate each other by the end of them." The tall faunus said with a smile.

Argent was also happy that his name was said first. ASPN, huh? I also could have been BANS, I guess. Eh." He mumbled to the team.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2016, 08:08:56 PM »
The team stepped off stage to make way for the next team. On their way out, they saw the woman with the clipboard smile widely and hug (or... squeeze vigorously?) one of the students in the next group. "Oooh, my little boy's turning into such a fine young man, isn't he? Look at you, all grown up and training to be a hunter just like mom and dad! Why, I could swear it was just yesterday when I could cradle you in my arms..."
...And so on. The student, as well as the middle-aged man on stage, turned beet red as most of the other first-year students started joking around and snickering at the boy. Persimmon chuckled along as he walked away. This has promise to be a good few years... Well, for some of us at least.