Author Topic: Helena Chlophyll  (Read 13002 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Helena Chlophyll
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 09:39:08 AM »
I suggest you focus on the bigger problems at hand. Like, maybe, the other sections that need changes?
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 12:18:12 PM »
Fixed the weapon mention in History.

I think everything else has already been taken care of (no, I don't know of another way to phrase that).
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 10:55:30 PM »
Ok, since Xar has been reviewing for longer than I have, I'm going to defer to him.

This means that:
1. You've gotta remove one of the versions of her semblance and change the healing one to Xar's specifications if you choose to keep that one.

2. You need to reduce the range for a normal shot like Xar said (though since the RWBYverse is technologically ahead of us, their bows would probably be able to shoot like maybe 350-400 m normally and retain accuracy). If the kinetic dust increases range, include that increased range as well.

3. Xar, he's only got one arrow with a diamond point, so I'm not sure it'd cost that much, but Nathan, you should probably take it out. It really has no relevance considering you could just say "RWBYverse lighter-and-stronger-than-titanium shit" (just like every Sci-fi universe ever) and have arrowheads that are virtually indistinguishable in effectiveness from the diamond tip anyway. 
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless
Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind
Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 04:13:55 AM »
If those arrows are however capable of being somehow stronger than an anti material rifle I'd have to say no to that to, just so you know, because why would it be in the first place. Hardness is not the only factor that contributes to penetration and damage, also speed, contact area, resistance, which is why bullets are usually more effective. Arrows WOULD have the capability to be more versitile(rambo style) in some aspects but don't expect them to do more damage. So that means no instant deathstalker penetration. If you're going to make a metal alloy don't go on and about with mandolorian iron and all that shit. Sure it's possible but being an ultra convenient metal just takes the fun out of rping if it can break through armor that easily. Not to mention costly.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 05:14:52 AM »
Hadn't seen Xar's edits. Whoops.

Healing only, tripled the cost of healing nerves.

Toxins already removed.

Yes, materials are fancy and all but it's mostly just to describe the looks. I don't think a nanotube wire is any more capable of being infused with Dust than a block of lead. In the meantime, just removed the Dust infusion.

I did not 'randomly bullshit up' a number. I estimated that 600 m was about right for a bow that can shoot an Arrow at 200 m/s, based on the performance of existing composite bows. Regardless, nerfed it to 400 m.

Wasn't diamond, but hyperdiamond. Or aggregated diamond nanorods, whatever you prefer to call it. It's an entirely artificial substance that I just assumed, with all the slight sci-fi of Remnant, could be more easily produced than IRL. Anyhow, removed that one arrow. And no, not trying to green arrow my way anywhere. Never watched the damn thing.

Think that answers most of your problems with this. Lemme know if I missed anything.

EDIT: Materials of the bow (apart from the string) and arrows are based on IRL bows and arrows.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:20:00 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 10:29:38 PM »
Looks good, +1, I think. Let me know if you find anything I missed Xar.
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless
Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind
Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 07:57:18 AM »
Bump around, bump around, bump up bump up and get down.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 01:00:15 AM »
Seeing that I have the tendency to be the one that is part of your reviews in one way or the other...I decided to do the second review....yay for you, right? Here we go:

Semblance:
I'm a bit curious about the full potential of this semblance with the whole reattaching limbs, but seeing that this is solely a healing semblance, I won't make a big deal about it.

Weapon:
Ahhhhh yes...you knew I was going to do something about her weapon, right? Two problems here:

1. A modern bow has an accurate range of 90 meters (and that is pushing it) and a rough maximum range of 300 meters. Even if we're talking about the RWBY universe, saying that her bow is able to shoot much farther than what we have today is really pushing it. Also, saying that she would be able to make accurate shots up to 400 meters away is not going to be allowed. Seeing that she did not grow up using the bow all her life, I would imagine her accuracy with the bow would be at most up to 30-40 meters. If you're going to include the range of her weapon, then you will need to put down her range of shooting an arrow and it hitting the target.
2. A modern bow has a firing speed of a little over 100 meters/second, which is half of what you're saying Helena's bow can fire. The number that you've put for her weapon is going to have to be lowered to what is realistic for a bow.
3. In regards to the dust functions: I want you to list how big of an explosion you're talking, how much does the ice arrows freeze, and exactly how immense of a force you're talking about with the kinetic arrows. Seeing that you were trying to get away with piercing a Goliath easily last time as well as your tendency to make things OP, I am not leaving any chances for this.

To sum it all up on her bow: I don't care what material it is made of or how that would make it more stronger. You trying to throw a massive amount of  science and physics at people in hopes of us not really looking into this is not going to fly. She uses a bow and thus will have to hold to the physics and capabilities of a modern day bow.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:09:44 AM by jjb2158 »
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 07:13:37 AM »
1. Changed history, she's been doing archery since she was 11. Added in the weapon that her maximum effective range is 80 m. Assume it's the range where she still has over 95% accuracy and it starts going down rather quickly after that, I guess.
2. Changed to 150 m/s due to precedents.
3. The effects are stated to have an 0.6 m radius unless specified otherwise. Added that the Kinetic augment basically quadruples the arrow's normal momentum.

Will nerf things further if demanded.

To be blatantly honest, I never even thought about doing that. I just looked up how bows and arrows were made for about 12 hours and built my own. It used to have Kinetic Dust infused in it to make it more powerful, but that was scrapped and it was just more powerful.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 10:22:40 AM »
Thank you for understanding. I do appreciate the fact that you've always been compliant and willing to make changes ;D

Hmmmm...the only thing that I'm a bit skeptical about is the kinetic dust as that would be shooting at the speed of an assault rifle. However, due to the nature of the weapon as well as the fact that you can only fire as fast as you can draw, I won't make a big fuss about it.

Approved 2 of 2.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »
pre-edit: ShowHide

CHARACTER

Name: Helena Chlophyll

Species and Gender: Female human

Symbol: A bright, shining Sun the same colour as her Aura.

Appearance: At 1.75 metres/5'9" and 63 kilograms/140 lbs, Helena has defined muscles. Her shoulders are slightly wider than average and her chest, while nothing to write home about, isn't too shabby either at a C cup. Her features tend to be on the soft side. She has a warm, smooth voice that could easily lull you to sleep. Her most defined muscles are her shoulder and upper back ones, mostly due to using Artemis. She has fair skin and straight, light blond hair that goes down to her shoulderbones as well as very pale blue-grey eyes. She is right-handed.

Helena's 'casual' attire consists of a black, fitted dress shirt with slightly golden buttons paired with a navy, tea-length circle skirt and golden heels. When the weather is too frigid or rainy, she'll also wear a burgundy princess coat with white buttons and a hidden hood. She wears her school uniform as prim and proper as possible. Her formal attire consists of a white, knee-length dress and white heels. The skirt is made of a twenty or so thin, light swaths of textile, seemingly sown onto a common base. The skirt also has a slight colour gradient: it starts white at the top and becomes a very pale lilac at the bottom. Her pajama consists of a maroon-coloured silk nightgown. She can sometimes be seen with a small, brown leather sash slung around herself, which is where she likes to keep her pet garden snake when on the move in a safe environment.

History: Helena was born in Vale to two equally Vallite parents. She grew up in one of the poorer parts of the city. But even then, her parents were something special: they helped out everyone they could with all the time they could spare, even if they worked most of the day to make ends meet. They tried to communicate this love of people to their daughter, and boy did they ever succeed. Even at the ripe age of 4, Helena would go to others and speak to them in a friendly manners, even those that could be regarded as bullies - which rarely remained that way. If she saw another child - or even adult - cry, she was pretty much guaranteed to be found hugging them within 10 seconds, asking what's wrong and doing her best to help. She got it bad, sometimes, when someone went aggressive, but even then, she refused to stop helping.

When she was 8, however, something changed - drastically. As improbable as it may seem, her parents won the lotto. Thankfully for pretty much everyone involved, it didn't change them or go to their heads: they dressed a bit fancier, but still very simply and, above all, kept on helping others, spending even more time on that as they had stopped working. Now, they distributed food and clothing to the homeless, provided shelters, helped families in need, arranged for doctors to consult those who couldn't afford it. When she wasn't at school, they brought their child along, watching her bloom into a ball of sunshine with seemingly infinite stocks of love for all.

When she was 11, Helena was seriously wondering what she would do later in life. Would she be a doctor? A humanitarian worker? A police officer? There were so many options that were good ways of helping people! After giving it a lot of thought and asking her parents, their friends and her own friends for advice, she settled on becoming a Huntress. Not everything about the job was chasing monsters, but also helping those who were too far away from the main settlements for the usual help to be of any use. This made her take up archery as a pastime and, furthermore, as practice for her future job. When the time came, she therefore enrolled in Signal.

Mere days after arriving at Signal, during the first live exercise she took part in, one of her fellow students injured themselves rather severely, blood escaping the wound at a dangerous rate. Doing, as usual, all she could to help, Helena ran to the boy and pressed both hands on the gash, wishing for the bleeding to stop. Which it did. About thirty seconds later, when the nurses arrived on the scene and asked that she remove her hands so that they could evaluate the damage, the bleeding had completely stopped. Helena had just used her semblance for the first time. Realizing this, she began to consume as much information as possible about biology and anatomy. Therefore, most of her time at Signal was spent on using her semblance by swinging by the hospital every day. She got into Beacon with average scores all over the board, ecstatic at the idea of being one step closer to becoming a healer Huntress.

Personality: Helena is just about as bright as the Sun can be, bordering on the excessive. Relentlessly joyful and happy, she refuses to see people as only evil, claiming that there is no such thing as pure evil: there's always a reason behind it, one that she seldom understands. As such, even though the White Fang's recent activities are... of a rather questionable nature, she is entirely convinced that they believe they are doing this for the greater good. Her willingness to help with almost anything anyone can ask, as well as try to help those who seem to need it, can lend her to be marginally - okay, not so marginally - naive and prone to fall into traps. She usually prefers to hang around outside, amidst large amounts of greenery which may or may not have been grown via her semblance, either just enjoying the sights or reading a book under the shadow of a tree, and is quite happy if anyone decides to join her.

Aura and Semblance: Helena's Aura is a bright, warm solar yellow (#FFFFE5).

Her semblance is, in one word, Life. It allows her to use her Aura to heal animals and people. Healing done with her semblance will leave no scar tissue behind. She is only capable of healing relatively recent injuries and, to a much lesser extent, sickness. The amount of Aura needed depends on the size, nature and complexity of the injury. For sickness, it basically gives the immune system a boost.
[spoiler=Examples]She can fully mend a large, broken bone (femur, etc.) for 80%. Hemorrhages, due to the rather localized nature of blood vessels, can be healed quite easily - 10% in extreme cases. Muscle tears are rather exhausting, a large muscle group necessitating about 40%. Nerves, due to their very local nature, can be healed for less than 15%, in most cases. The most extreme thing she can pull off, however, is that if someone's had a limb sliced clean off, she can reattach it over the course of 3 days, starting with barely reattaching the bone along with repairing nerves and blood vessels and sealing the skin.

Note: Aura can be exchanged for stamina, where 0% stamina = fainting from exhaustion.

Combat Behavior: Helena considers herself as more of a support than anything else, usually preferring to stand far behind her allies and snipe with Artemis. However, should the terrain or situation prove to be unsuitable to such an arrangement, she will dual wield her knives and rapidly flit about her foes, stabbing and slicing with strangely graceful, rapid and fluid movements, but is still far from impressive and struggles to inflict damage, being somewhat unused to close quarters.

WEAPONS

Name: Artemis

Primary Form: Artemis takes the form of a large, reflex flatbow and its 24 accompanying arrows, along with a quiver. A large strip of light, silvery, unpolished metal spans its entire length and thickness and the rest of the flatbow itself is completed by carbon fibre. The draw string is a thick nanotube wire. The entire thing was treated to be fireproof since, y'know, carbon burns. The arrows - most of them - have a shaft made of carbon nanotube reinforced polymer, black polymer fletching and have tungsten carbide heads which are the nightmarish child of bodkin points and broadheads. The broadhead part is situated just below the bodkin point, within the shaft, and deploys on impact - optimally, after it penetrates the target. The arrows are also treated to be fire resistant. The bow is capable of shooting its ammo at just over 150 m/s when fully drawn. Its maximum range is what you'd expect for such a bow - about 400 m. This is a far cry from the effective range, though, which is about 80 meters.

Dust Functions: Small Dust containers can be clamped onto the shaft, right after the bodkin point. These containers are stored in pockets on the quiver. Helena likes to have two of each on hand at all times. The effects have an 0.6 metre radius unless specified otherwise.
- Fire: Creates an explosion.
- Ice: Freezes stuff or creates ice around stuff.
- Lightning: Zaps things.
- Kinetic: Drives the arrow forward with immense force (basically quadruples the arrow's ordinary momentum).

History: Helena had Artemis custom-made for her while she was at Signal. She named it Artemis because of, well, Artemis.

Name: Seikatsu & Shi

Primary Form: Seikatsu and Shi are two daggers/knives which are only special in their looks. Seikatsu is of a vivid green with yellow reflections, while Shi is black with red reflections. Seikatsu's sheath is attached on the left side of her belt while Shi's is symmetrically placed.

The goddamn colours, man: ShowHide
Seikatsu colours: #14A900 & #D9DC00
Shi: Black is black, red is #C20000

History: Helena made these weapons herself while attending Signal as a close-range solution.
[/spoiler]
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »
Did the thing.

EDIT: Added symbol image, courtesy of Bored (Board) Dr. Gustave.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:44:13 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »
Z
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 05:18:46 AM »
pre edits: ShowHide
CHARACTER

Name: Helena Chlophyll

Species and Gender: Female human

Symbol: A bright, shining Sun the same colour as her Aura.
[spoiler=Symbol]

Appearance: At 1.75 metres/5'9" and 63 kilograms/140 lbs, Helena has defined muscles. Her shoulders are slightly wider than average and her chest, while nothing to write home about, isn't too shabby either at a C cup. Her features tend to be on the soft side. She has a warm, smooth voice that could easily lull you to sleep. Her most defined muscles are her shoulder and upper back ones, mostly due to using Artemis. She has fair skin and straight, light blond hair that goes down to her shoulderbones as well as very pale blue-grey eyes. She is right-handed.

Helena's 'casual' attire consists of a black, fitted dress shirt with slightly golden buttons paired with a navy, tea-length circle skirt and golden heels. When the weather is too frigid or rainy, she'll also wear a burgundy princess coat with white buttons and a hidden hood. She wears her school uniform as prim and proper as possible. Her formal attire consists of a white, knee-length dress and white heels. The skirt is made of a twenty or so thin, light swaths of textile, seemingly sown onto a common base. The skirt also has a slight colour gradient: it starts white at the top and becomes a very pale lilac at the bottom. Her pajama consists of a maroon-coloured silk nightgown. She can sometimes be seen with a small, brown leather sash slung around herself, which is where she likes to keep her pet garden snake when on the move in a safe environment.

History: Helena was born in Vale to two equally Vallite parents. She grew up in one of the poorer parts of the city. But even then, her parents were something special: they helped out everyone they could with all the time they could spare, even if they worked most of the day to make ends meet. They tried to communicate this love of people to their daughter, and boy did they ever succeed. Even at the ripe age of 4, Helena would go to others and speak to them in a friendly manners, even those that could be regarded as bullies - which rarely remained that way. If she saw another child - or even adult - cry, she was pretty much guaranteed to be found hugging them within 10 seconds, asking what's wrong and doing her best to help. She got it bad, sometimes, when someone went aggressive, but even then, she refused to stop helping.

When she was 8, however, something changed - drastically. As improbable as it may seem, her parents won the lotto. Thankfully for pretty much everyone involved, it didn't change them or go to their heads: they dressed a bit fancier, but still very simply and, above all, kept on helping others, spending even more time on that as they had stopped working. Now, they distributed food and clothing to the homeless, provided shelters, helped families in need, arranged for doctors to consult those who couldn't afford it. When she wasn't at school, they brought their child along, watching her bloom into a ball of sunshine with seemingly infinite stocks of love for all.

When she was 11, Helena was seriously wondering what she would do later in life. Would she be a doctor? A humanitarian worker? A police officer? There were so many options that were good ways of helping people! After giving it a lot of thought and asking her parents, their friends and her own friends for advice, she settled on becoming a Huntress. Not everything about the job was chasing monsters, but also helping those who were too far away from the main settlements for the usual help to be of any use. This made her take up archery as a pastime and, furthermore, as practice for her future job. When the time came, she therefore enrolled in Signal.

Mere days after arriving at Signal, during the first live exercise she took part in, one of her fellow students injured themselves rather severely, blood escaping the wound at a dangerous rate. Doing, as usual, all she could to help, Helena ran to the boy and pressed both hands on the gash, wishing for the bleeding to stop. Which it did. About thirty seconds later, when the nurses arrived on the scene and asked that she remove her hands so that they could evaluate the damage, the bleeding had completely stopped. Helena had just used her semblance for the first time. Realizing this, she began to consume as much information as possible about biology and anatomy. Therefore, most of her time at Signal was spent on using her semblance by swinging by the hospital every day. She got into Beacon with average scores all over the board, ecstatic at the idea of being one step closer to becoming a healer Huntress.

Personality: Helena is just about as bright as the Sun can be, bordering on the excessive. Relentlessly joyful and happy, she refuses to see people as only evil, claiming that there is no such thing as pure evil: there's always a reason behind it, one that she seldom understands. As such, even though the White Fang's recent activities are... of a rather questionable nature, she is entirely convinced that they believe they are doing this for the greater good. Her willingness to help with almost anything anyone can ask, as well as try to help those who seem to need it, can lend her to be marginally - okay, not so marginally - naive and prone to fall into traps. She usually prefers to hang around outside, amidst large amounts of greenery which may or may not have been grown via her semblance, either just enjoying the sights or reading a book under the shadow of a tree, and is quite happy if anyone decides to join her.

Aura and Semblance: Helena's Aura is a bright, warm solar yellow (#FFFFE5).

Her semblance is, in one word, Life. It allows her to use her Aura to heal animals and people. Healing done with her semblance will leave no scar tissue behind. She is only capable of healing relatively recent injuries and, to a much lesser extent, sickness. The amount of Aura needed depends on the size, nature and complexity of the injury. For sickness, it basically gives the immune system a boost.
Examples: ShowHide
She can fully mend a large, broken bone (femur, etc.) for 80%. Hemorrhages, due to the rather localized nature of blood vessels, can be healed quite easily - 10% in extreme cases. Muscle tears are rather exhausting, a large muscle group necessitating about 40%. Nerves, due to their very local nature, can be healed for less than 15%, in most cases. The most extreme thing she can pull off, however, is that if someone's had a limb sliced clean off, she can reattach it over the course of 3 days, starting with barely reattaching the bone along with repairing nerves and blood vessels and sealing the skin.

Note: Aura can be exchanged for stamina, where 0% stamina = fainting from exhaustion.

Combat Behavior: Helena considers herself as more of a support than anything else, usually preferring to stand far behind her allies and snipe with Artemis. However, should the terrain or situation prove to be unsuitable to such an arrangement, she will dual wield her knives and rapidly flit about her foes, stabbing and slicing with strangely graceful, rapid and fluid movements, but is still far from impressive and struggles to inflict damage, being somewhat unused to close quarters.

WEAPONS

Name: Artemis

Primary Form: Artemis takes the form of a large, reflex flatbow and its 24 accompanying arrows, along with a quiver. A large strip of light, silvery, unpolished metal spans its entire length and thickness and the rest of the flatbow itself is completed by carbon fibre. The draw string is a thick nanotube wire. The entire thing was treated to be fireproof since, y'know, carbon burns. The arrows - most of them - have a shaft made of carbon nanotube reinforced polymer, black polymer fletching and have tungsten carbide heads which are the nightmarish child of bodkin points and broadheads. The broadhead part is situated just below the bodkin point, within the shaft, and deploys on impact - optimally, after it penetrates the target. The arrows are also treated to be fire resistant. The bow is capable of shooting its ammo at just over 150 m/s when fully drawn. Its maximum range is what you'd expect for such a bow - about 400 m. This is a far cry from the effective range, though, which is about 80 meters.

Dust Functions: Small Dust containers can be clamped onto the shaft, right after the bodkin point. These containers are stored in pockets on the quiver. Helena likes to have two of each on hand at all times. The effects have an 0.6 metre radius unless specified otherwise.
- Fire: Creates an explosion.
- Ice: Freezes stuff or creates ice around stuff.
- Lightning: Zaps things.
- Kinetic: Drives the arrow forward with immense force (basically quadruples the arrow's ordinary momentum).

History: Helena had Artemis custom-made for her while she was at Signal. She named it Artemis because of, well, Artemis.

Name: Seikatsu & Shi

Primary Form: Seikatsu and Shi are two daggers/knives which are only special in their looks. Seikatsu is of a vivid green with yellow reflections, while Shi is black with red reflections. Seikatsu's sheath is attached on the left side of her belt while Shi's is symmetrically placed.

The goddamn colours, man: ShowHide
Seikatsu colours: #14A900 & #D9DC00
Shi: Black is black, red is #C20000

History: Helena made these weapons herself while attending Signal as a close-range solution.[/spoiler]
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 05:56:52 AM »
Added uncategorized theme.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"