Author Topic: Vytal Nutrients [Closed]  (Read 3737 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Vytal Nutrients [Closed]
« on: July 23, 2018, 10:39:31 PM »
In a far-off corner of Amity Colosseum's food court, a small woman sits dejectedly staring into an absolutely massive bowl of noodles. Prism Skylark can't say she's thrilled with the location of the Vytal festival this year, in all honesty - Mistral would've been fun hub of activity, Vacuo's hot sun and sprawling sands would've been awesome to explore. Hell, if it even took place in Vale, being on the home turf would've been awesome! But no, instead it had to take place in Atlas.

Atlas, where clouds covered Prism's bright-blue sky and golden sun, where there was more white and grey than any other color. Atlas, where faunus were treated more poorly than nearly anywhere else. Where Prism got glares from men and women clutching their purses as she passed by. All because she'd let the feathers around her neck grow in to give her a natural scarf. All because she'd elected to take off her coat when entering the food court, despite keeping the massive pair of green-blue wings tucked closely to her back. Prism spent another few moments staring dejectedly at her food bowl, before sighing as she reached for her chopsticks, and started to dig in.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

L-Money

• View Profile
Re: Vytal Nutrients [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 11:12:33 PM »
Atlas wasn't too particularly kind to Billy. She was usually safe while she was with her team but she needed a day to herself. She didn't travel far from her hotel, only to the food court, to catch some fights at the Colosseum. After she paid for a hilariously large noodle bowl, she turned to face the crowds of people and looked for a table to sit at. She found a familiar face in the crowd, well she saw the colored feathers first, then the face of Prism. Billy pushed her way over to her table to find her looking down and dejected. Billy put on a soft smile and tapped her shoulder, "Mind if I have a seat?"

Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 11:17:10 PM »
Prism jumps slightly at the tap on her shoulder, looking up to see the taller woman standing next to her. With noodles still hanging from her mouth, there's a moment or two as she stares, trying to match a face with a name - before her eyes light up, hurriedly slurping the rest of her bite. "Billy!" she exclaims, grinning up at the taller faunus. "It's good to see you, frankly. I was wondering if there was a friendly face anywhere in this crowd." She gestures to the rest of the food court, before scootching over on her bench. "Yeah, c'mon and sit down. It'd be nice to chat."
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 11:51:28 PM »
"Heh. It's been a while. Hasn't it?" Billy asked as she took a seat next to Prism. "Hey, How have you been? Last time I saw you we were chilling on a roof. By the way, did you ever get in your room?" Billy suddenly blushed after realizing how dumb that question was. "Uh, I mean..." She then took a bite of her noodles to cover her phopa. "How have you been?"

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 08:39:38 PM »
Prism snorts, grinning at that. "Yeah, I got into my room. Ended up on the shooting range with Calen, Amane, and... you're one of Smokey Emberstone's teammates right? He ended up joining us." She explained, going to take a bite of her noodles while she grins at Billy's awkward recovery. "And I've been fine myself, mostly. Tried exploring Atlas a bit, but that was... not the best idea, so now I'm here. " She explains, shrugging.

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 10:46:54 PM »
"Yeah he's one of my teammates. He's from here you know?" Billy said then started to slurp up noodles, this time not noticing this phopa at all. Maybe she didn't know it was rude? Wait, is it rude to slurp noodles? "He didn't fit in much apparently because we, our whole team, got into a fight with one of his former bullies. You know what that bully called me? A furry and a bitch! Thankfully Serin punched him in the gut. But I was all like bitch? I'm a fox call me a volpus you uneducated pig!" Billy said with a giggle.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 09:00:15 PM »
"Huh, you learn something new everyday." Prism responds to the initial statement. As she listened to Billy's statement and politely ignored her slurping, a grin grew on her face as the story progressed - finishing off with a snort at the taller woman's joke. "Oh my god, I get that. One of my teammates, Amane, actually thought I ate bugs when we first moved in together!" She jokes, giggling all the while. "Half the time humans can't differentiate species, the other half they just don't bother - I've gotten called a pigeon before! Hopefully you haven't had to deal with that here?"

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 10:15:41 PM »
Billy had a little giggle at Prism's snort.
"Oh my gosh! The species thing is so common!" Billy said getting animated on this topic. "When humans see a grey tail they automatically think wolf. Possibly because they are everywhere now for some reason. Also, humans think they are so hilarious for calling my 'tricky fox' once they know what I am." She shook her head getting a little less animated now. "But here, I try to ignore it. Sometimes I stare back until they feel uncomfortable. I see it as payback for what Atlas corporations have done to Vaccuo over dust and all the slave stuff in the past. Gives them something to think about." She looks down at her bowl and pokes at her noodles as she said the last part. It looked like she might have had more to say but wasn't willing to share anymore.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 11:44:39 PM »
"Humans think it's so important knowing what species we are, it's like apparently, the defining feature about us or something. You'd think they would figure it's none of their business nowadays, but nope." Prism answers, smiling sadly. "To a lot of them, we're still just animals."

There's a slight, momentary pause as Prism ruminates in the silence between them after Billy's last comment, taking another bite of her noodles before sighing to herself, and reaching out to cover one of Billy's hands in her own. "Good on you then." She says, a note of resolution in her voice, despite the fact it's a near whisper - it's obviously a conversation that Prism doesn't want others to overhear. "Make them uncomfortable, make them think. It's the least they all deserve. We never did anything to deserve this - so we can make them squirm for their racist attitudes and preconceptions as long as we want."

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 04:27:46 AM »
Billy almost pulled her hand away but let Prism take her hand.

"You have to be careful what you say." Billy whispered. "People might think you're part of the..." she let the sentence hang in the air. She assumed that they both knew about the White Fang.

Billy pulled her hand back slowly and continued to eat her noodles.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 11:00:04 PM »
Prism gives a heavy sigh at Billy's words, pulling her hand back. "Yeah, I know." She mutters, resting her head in one hand as she leans on the table. "I wish we didn't have to worry about that though, being mistaken for a radical terrorist group just because we want equality."

Prism gives a quiet sigh, then spends the next minute just shoveling food into her mouth, before turning to face Billy again. "Y'know what, let's not dwell on it. We already deal with enough shit about being faunus, especially now in Atlas of all places, so like - I dunno, find a happier topic. Um- how about your team? Tell me what the rest of Blossom is like, it must be pretty interesting being the only chick in a room full of guys."

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 11:43:53 PM »
"Oh, it's greeeeeat having three smelly boys in the same room," Billy said rolling her eyes. "It's pretty fun actually. On the first day we met, Serin had to stop Smokey from fighting Mikado because, if I did one of them would be shot! Also, I thought I would get into a fight with Serin because he was one of those Atleseans. We are getting along ok now. But Mikado and I aren't that talkative, if you haven't already noticed." She said with a shy look. "How's did you're first meeting with your team go?"

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 11:56:02 PM »
Prism blinks, at Billy's explanation, then snorts spends a moment giggling at Billy's explanation of her team. "Oh-okay, okay. That sounds absolutely hilarious, and fits like, Smokey and Mikado to a T - I've met both, believe it or not. Let's see, um- we all met on initiation. I became friends with my team's medic, Jocelyn, when I saved her from a Beringal with a tree and she's honestly been an amazing friend since, one of the greatest people I've managed to meet. Amane is... Amane, she's kinda unpredictable and a little mysterious, but absolutely hilarious. Coconut is... Coconut. Not gonna lie, he was staring at everyone's boobs and ass as soon as we all met, so like. That's fun to deal with."

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 12:09:05 AM »
"Oh my gosh! If I catch Coconut staring at my boobs, I swear I'm going to slap him. As for my team, they are all pretty gentlemanly. Serin is so innocent I bet he's never even touched a boob before. I have to ask him sometime." Billy said with a laugh. "Was Amane the nice one that gave me the rope that time we were on the roof? Also what was with that guy with the um... flamboyant attire? He seemed ok, but I don't know... Not trustworthy? I just get the creeps around him."

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 12:18:11 AM »
"Honestly, feel free to slap him if it comes down to it. Due to the fact I live with him, I can confirm he's definitely more the type to stare. The dude also kiiinda has a faunus fetish, and like isn't even subtle about it, so watch out for that. Glad that the Atlesians are bearable though, that's actually pretty lucky in hindsight." She explains, before snorting at her comment about Serin. "It's definitely the same for three fourths of my team, too. And yeah - Amane's nice one you who gave you the rope, she's pretty chill and weirdly generous. The flamboyant dude is Calen, he's... kinda creepy. I'm not sure I can describe him as a friend, but he sure is something."