Author Topic: Third Year 2v2 Match - Final Rou: Sovereign/Avery V Adina/Osbourne[Limited: 4/8]  (Read 3566 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL'S FINAL ROUND OF PAIRED MATCHES!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, LET'S GET DOWN TO F ҉   ҉ KING-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "- BUSINESS! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FINAL ROUND, WE'VE GOT TWO PAIRS FROM ATLAS- SPEAKING OF ATLAS, IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY GOOD BARS NEAR THE COLOSSEUM, PLEASE LEAVE A NOTE ON THE DOOR OF THIS ROOM... WHAT'S THAT, DEREK? THERE'S A BAR IN THIS STADIUM!? I COULD HAVE BEEN GETTING TRASHED THIS ENTIRE TIME!? WHY THE F ҉   ҉ K DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!? ANYWAY... OUR FIRST PAIR IS SOVEREIGN AND AVERY LEBLANC, MEMBERS OF TEAM... IT DOESN'T SAY WHAT TEAM THEY'RE ON, IT LOOKS LIKE THEY JUST WROTE "TEAM" IN THE TEAM SECTION. WHAT THE F ҉   ҉ K. WHATEVER, THE OTHER TEAM, WITH AN ACTUAL TEAM NAME, ADINA RAUPATU AND OSBOURNE SAVAS OF TEAM ARSC! THAT IS ONE BIG MOTHERF ҉   ҉ KER, BUT LET'S BE HONEST HERE, HE'S USING POWER ARMOR, SO I'M PRETTY SURE HE'S NOT THAT GOOD. ANYWAY, LET'S GO TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! DEREK! GET ME A DRINK WHILE IT'S SPINNING!" After a brief moment, the crowed cheered, albeit halfheartedly.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Geyser and Vertical.

The sound of spurting coffee could be heard over the speakers. "I WASN'T READY, WHAT WAS IT? VERTICAL? SWEET, THE BORING ASS FLOATING PLATFORMS."

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Sovereign and Avery's half became a craggy landscape with hot geysers spewing out steam at random intervals, and Adina and Osbourn's half became a random assortments of platforms floating at different heights, some with walls some without.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Adina and Osbourne get the first posts. The arena size is that of the 2v2 arena in the show, and features scaled down biomes. Good luck, contestants.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:21:53 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
A woman with strikingly long white hair, piercingly blue eyes, and tanned skin. As she strode out, it was clear she wasn't putting much mind into armor, she simply wore a purple dress and heels. Along her dress were golden patterns going along her sides and down her arms, eventually leading down to a bracket with several differently colored crystals which she wore on both hands. She wore a confident smile as she turned her head, looking back to her partner several paces behind her. "Did you think we'd make it this far, Ozzy?" She asked sarcastically before stopping below the arrangement of floating platforms.

The "man" behind her offered a simple grunt in reply as he approached the where Adina stood. He wore a heavy suit of dark blue armor, though no visor was visible. Some parts were highlighted with a bright blue, but most of it remained simple metal. A few holes were dug into the shoulder plating and he, like his partner, did not appear to have a weapon in hand. An electronic sigh could be heard emanating from the armor. "Can you please try to just focus this time, it's the finals." He voice was deep and smooth, but at the same time it sounded as if it had been through a robotic filter, removing some of its natural smoothness.

"We'll be fine, come on." Adina said before looking across the field toward the other two contestants. Sovereign and Avery. She knew them, Not well, but they had classes together. "We've got this." A sinister grin grew across her face. "Just like we planned, right?"

"Right."

At one, they nodded to one another and sprung into action.

Adina began to make her way upward, toward the highest platform. As she made her way up, two boosters appeared on the back of Osbourne's back and shot him forward, underneath all of the platforms,and into the geyser field. As soon as he's clear of any platforms above him, the holes on his shoulders fire out six explosives, three from each shoulder. They fly through the air and explode near the two opponents, sending out thick clouds of black smoke.

Meanwhile, from atop the highest platform, Adina looks down into the smoke, hands raised. In each hand, balls of fire behind to form, and once fully formed, Adina fires them into the smoke. (2 balls fired, 12 points if directly hit by one, 6 points if hit by splash damage from one exploding)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Sovereign had walked out onto the field with swagger, and his cutest little brother next to him. He was excited for this match, considering it was finals. Unfortunately, it was against his Atlesian brethren. Especially Adina. She was a pretty one. Looking towards Avery, he smirks as his opponents had no idea what they were going against. Sovereign also had no idea what Avery had either, so it would be fun either way!

Looking at his opponents when the match started, he quickly eyed Adina climbing up the platforms, but quickly diverted his attention to Osbourne dashing forward. Getting ready to meet Osbourne in the middle, he was alerted to the missiles fired off, only to slightly relax when it was only black smoke when it hit.

"Are you ready brother? We're gonna hit them with everything we got when I blow the smoke away."

Without waiting for Avery's response, Sovereign quickly swapped over to wind dust. Slamming his foot forward as if to brace himself, Sovereign thrusted his arms forward before a strong hot wind fires forward towards the opponents from Sovereign's continous manipulation.

The fireballs and wind consume eachother, turning into a steady stream of a flamethrower in the direction of his opponents. Without any words said, it was clear that Sovereign is going to maintain the stream of wind in that direction, whether or not the flames stay is questionable.

[Damage: 2% every 5 seconds in the stream, also some possible knockback / lift by around 2 feet.]

There is a clear strain on Sovereign's face as he maintains the stream. It isn't one that requires maximum effort, but he can certainly feel his nerves burning.

[Aura: 100%]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:30:05 PM by NotSurprised »
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Kaliot

• View Profile
100% faith was what Avery was relying on since there was no way in hell Avery could have taken out either of them by himself, or at least that's what he imagined; it was a surreal experience having to rely on his brother so heavily.

"I'll distract, do what you have to do."

With that, he charged forward alongside Sovereign's newly acquired flamethrower and discreetly cast his semblance on the flying suit. Afterwards, he took two shots at the woman on the platform (2 shots, 3% each + possible slight disruption).

[100%]
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Seeing the smoke blow back toward him, Osbourne immediately crossed his arms, and began to launch forward thanks to the help of the dust boosters on his back. He didn't get far, however, until he saw one of his opponents pass him by and suddenly, he slammed into the ground. "What the hell!?" He growled as he looked ahead into the steam. After attempting to launch himself forward once more, resulting in him rolling on the ground to catch himself, he lowered himself as far down to the ground as he could, and launched forward with his feet dragging along the ground, attempting to avoid whatever it was that kept grounding him.

From atop the platforms, Adina swears. "Why the hell'd you have to get out of my sight?" Her face grimaced as Osbourne was lost in the smoke and fire. Suddenly, two shots collided with her, making her stumble backward. With a swear, she quickly turned her head to lock eyes with the other opponent. They weren't incompetent. This might actually be interesting. With a flick of both of her wrists, the fire in her right hand became a floating crystal of ice and the fire in her left hand became a ball of swirling wind.

Far above Avery's head, a storm cloud formed. From it, spewed dozed of large, pointed ice shards, plummeting down toward Avery. (5 points for each direct hit).

As soon as the ice comes down, Adina immediately shifts her gaze back to the smoke cloud. With a flick of her right wrist, her hand became the host of a ball of lightning. Simultaneously, she brought both hands forward toward Sovereign.

Far above the cloud of smoke and fire, a storm cloud formed. After a moment, a bolt of lightning came down and struck something within the smoke (- 18 points). From within the smoke, blue lights began to shine, filling the highlights of Osbourne's armor. In an instant, he was out of the smoke and standing right in front of Sovereign, towering over his classmate. In the next moment, Osbourne shot his hand out and grabbed the boy by his face, wrapping his hand around his head. "You shouldn't have done that, Sovereign." The electronic voice said before sending electricity coursing through his hand and into Sovereign. (2 per second)

As soon as Adina sees Ozzy exit the smoke, she returns her gaze to Avery and readies her hands.

(Osbourne's Aura: 70/100) {30 seconds in smoke}
(Adina's Aura: 94/100)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Sovereign wasn't paying attention as he manipulated the flames, yet he can feel the burning within his body from his semblance. He would've continuely done so as well if it hadn't been for Osbourne appearing right in front of him while doing so. Thrown off, Sovereign can only watch as Osbourne grabs his head, effectively cutting off Sovereign from using his semblance at that point in time. Sovereign could only watch as electricity started to dance off of Osbourne's armor before flowing into Sovereign...

Pain. Pure, excruciating pain as a raw, loud scream is torn out of his throat as Sovereign gets electrocuted all throughout, especially after his semblance usage.

Blocking out all the pain so that he can deal with Osbourne, Sovereign uses his semblance to use up all the wind dust he has stored within DPM to get Osbourne off of him. Immediately, with a sudden motion, all that wind dust is converted into force as he brings it down down Osbourne with extreme force, slamming Osbourne's face down into the ground of Geyser. It was not a continuous stream since Sovereign used up all of it, but it was enough for him to get away from the excruciating pain. As Sovereign gained some distance from Osbourne, he slowly adjusts to the pain before moving into an improvised stance.

[Knockdown: 10%]

[Aura: 84%]
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Kaliot

• View Profile
Despite the fact that his brother seemed to be in incredible pain, Avery remained steadfast on his path to the enemy caster. He knew that turning back, regardless of the situation Sovereign was in, would absolutely be a mistake. Avery made sure to keep an eye on Adina's hands, and whenever she was doing, or seemed like doing, something strange, he made sure to keep an eye on his surroundings to make the connections back to her. He caught the cloud as it was forming and he did his best to stay mobile while swatting away shards on a crash course for him. Despite his efforts, one shard did manage to break through his defenses landing solidly between his right shoulder and his neck.

Avery momentarily froze, his teeth clenched shut as a sharp gust of air entered his lungs. He shot a glance at Adina, and with the pain still lingering, he continued onward to his destination, it being directly under Adina's platform. In the meantime, he again casted his semblance, this time on Adina's platform and another completely unrelated one [I have no idea how much stamina this will take so you can decide I guess] hoping to mask it as a technical malfunction.

His plan was to have Adina go into free-fall, swiping up at her and hitting her with his semblance the moment before making contact with his spear in an attempt to deal additional damage [Damage Range: 10-30% depending on how she she takes it, if].

[(A)ura: 90%, (S)tamina: 95% - ??% for platforms and possibly Adina]
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization