Author Topic: DASE-d and Confused [CLOSED]  (Read 4507 times)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Re: DASE-d and Confused [CLOSED]
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 08:52:06 AM »
"Nothing important" Mikado replied and rests his head on his hand. He didn't want anyone to poke around his past, so he didn't poke around theirs. It's only fair. The stuff he knew about the former sniper of the team were less important things like her favorite color or the fact that she has a good bond to animals. Nothing that could provide any kind of answer. One day she just got up and left.

It would be a lie to say that it did not bother him at least a bit, that she just went without a word. Their conversations were brief, but she could have at least say something like a farewell. But the reaction of his teammate showed that Smokey did not know much either. "Why do you think she didn't tell us anything?" Mikado asked, even though he would rather avoid talking about this subject. Maybe it will at least clarify some of his questions, though he doubts that. Honestly, it probably made the most sense for Serin to have all the answers since he is A, the team leader, and if Beacon would talk about it with someone, it would be him, and B, they seemed to understand each other the best from the group. On that fateful day when Billy screamed her confession to Smokey into her bag, Mikado was behind just far enough to miss the words she said, also, he didn't really care. So the idea that Smokey could know more about it did not cross his mind. "It must have been important if it made her leave Beacon without saying a word."
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 01:32:44 AM »
Mikado being just as in the dark about Billy's circumstances somewhat comforted Smokey, though he really couldn't explain why.  Maybe it was just satisfaction that she didn't just keep him in the dark, but then why would he care?  It wasn't like he made any serious effort to get close to her or anything.  Hell, this entire situation is actually what he expected the huntsman's life to be like:  Work with a team one day, then some other team the next.

"I can't exactly say, but if it was something delicate, I can probably guess why she didn't tell me.  Don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not exactly the picture of subtlety," he answered Mikado's question with an attempt at a joke.  Still, he couldn't help but be a bit worried about her.  They hadn't known each other long, but Smokey knew Billy to be somewhat impulsive and brash at times.  Or maybe he's just projecting...?

Regardless, he couldn't help but agree with Mikado's sentiment, saying, "Yeah, probably.  She can take care of herself, at least.  Still kinda sucks, though."
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2019, 02:13:58 AM »
Mikado sighed quietly and rests his head on his hand. Whatever the reason for her sudden departure, it had to be convincing enough that even Bacon staff didn't want to tell us anything more specific about it. The waitress eventually came back, after all, they didn't allow anyone to use their air conditioner without ordering anything, so Mikado quickly ordered a glass of water before turning to his teammate again, "I don't suppose you know anything about the new team member? All I heard was that he was male, but that's about it. No name no nothing."

Frankly, Mikado was running out of topics. Even an idiot knew he was a man of few words, and that day alone he must have exceeded his word limit three times over. The situation was almost uncomfortable, but at the same time, it was not. The last time he had a real 'conversation' with someone was with Jack, and those were completely other circumstances. Smokey was also the last person he thought he could have a conversation with.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----