RPG World of Remnant > Everywhere Else

ACTIVE GRIM THREAT: SEARCH AND RESCUE! [Closed]

(1/5) > >>

ReaperJoe:
++Priority Mission++A Grimm horde has suddenly emerged and attacked a small town on the Western coast of Anima.  This horde is large, and would have easily overrun the town if not for the quick eyes and action of a watchtower a few kilometers East of town.  Thanks to the watchtower personnel's report, a defense has been mounted, huntsmen have been dispatched, and evacuation efforts are underway.  However, the huntsmen are pinned down trying to defend the town, and they are currently unable to assist those who were working outside the walls, including those still at the watchtower.

As a result, you have been assigned a mission to rescue these civilians from the Grimm threat while the huntsmen continue their defense.  There are three major groups that were working outside the town when the Grimm attacked:  First, a group of lumber workers working at a small mill to the south of the town have barricaded themselves inside their office, and reports indicate that a few of them are equipped with small arms to defend themselves.  Second, members of a mining outpost to the north have hidden themselves within the mine.  Reports indicate the miners are unarmed, but Grimm have not been witnessed entering or leaving the caves, at least for now.  Finally, the watchtower to the east has several heavily armed guards, and is led by a former huntsman who has identified himself as "Jet".  While the watchtower is the most fortified location, the heavy fighting has drawn the largest Grimm density, and getting to them will almost certainly prove to be an uphill battle.

Good luck, and good hunting.  End briefing--

Lucas shut off his scroll after reviewing the mission briefing as the bullhead doors open, revealing the sight of open sky and the sound of gunfire.  The drop point is too hot to risk landing, so any huntsmen assigned to this job will have to do the landing themselves.  This is a typical hazard for them, though, and Lucas barely gives the excess elevation a second thought as he dives face first out of the airship.  Instead, his mind is occupied with the mission, contemplating the details they were given and how to best complete the task at hand.  Rescuing Jet first would give us extra firepower to help with the Grimm pinning down the other two sites, but getting to him would probably be a fight and a half.  Not to mention it would take that much longer to get to the less-prepared groups...

Hurtling towards the ground at a breakneck pace, Lucas continues planning ahead as his reflexes take over to negotiate the landing.  His hands deftly unhook the black mechanical-looking lantern from his belt, and the brightly colored windows begin to rapidly spin as his fingers search for the correct dust type.  At the same time, another lantern springs into existence out of thin air, this one cast in a spectral, ghostly green color.  The spectral lantern, falling freely next to Lucas, begins to shine, emitting a bright white light that bathes the area around it in a harsh radiance.  Lucas, now under the effect of his semblance, begins to accelerate faster towards the ground as the wind rushes past his ears and deafens him to everything but his own thoughts.  Yet, just as an onlooker might think the boy was going to go *splat!* against the ground, the spinning windows finally decide on a color, and the lantern door opens on the green window, letting loose a powerful gust of wind. 

The force of the wind dust combined with his semblance's use of kinetic dust quickly slows Lucas's descent, and the huntsmen-in-training lands gracefully in the drop zone.  As his feet touch the ground, the harsh light dims from his semblance, and Lucas flips a switch on his weapon, causing the mechanical lantern to shift into rifle form, as he surveys his surroundings.  He had scanned the area for enemies on the way down, but standard procedure is to check your bearings again once on the ground:  Grimm could be hiding underneath the tree tops, after all. 

However, at the moment, the LZ is safe.  On one end, there are two armored figures, presumably guards, standing with rifles at the ready next to a large turret.  At the other, a small shuttle lays in wait, awaiting rescued civilians.  It seems this area is away from the thick of the fighting, but there's no telling how long that will be the case.  In missions like these, time is of the essence.

Looking up in the sky, Lucas can see his bullhead speeding towards the coastline in order to help with the evacuations.  He'll be finding another ride out once the mission is completed, but he'll be stuck on the ground until then.  In the meantime, another bullhead approaches the drop zone, and three other figures drop out.  "Probably the rest of my team," he thinks aloud as he walks up to meet them.

As the rest of the team reaches the ground, he wastes no time with introductions, "Lucas Meridiem, Haven 4th year.  Are you Search and Rescue?"

ShadowPower:
Ashlee would be halfway into the message before turning her scroll off.
"This should be fun! The bullhead doors open, revealing the sight of an open blue sky and lot's of gunfire. Ashlee would turn around falling back at lightening speeds. She'd be diving vertically through the sky as if she were a missile. "I wish I could meet my team before this event, oh well.

Ashlee would be a few yards from the ground before finally taking out her weapon using the scythe and rotating it so it fires upwards. Ashlee would fire wind dust back causing her to begin falling the ground at a much faster speed before finally using her scythe to grapple onto a nearby tree twirling off of it and jumping down to the ground. As soon as Ashlee befalls onto the ground she'd notice her teammate.

"So how did I do?" Ashlee would act as if she just won an award for most prized landing. "Ashlee Sanders, Beacon 1st year, at your service, i'm happy to be working along side you." Ashlee would take a bow before finally taking her weapon and equipping it and putting it onto her dress clip. Ashlee would be more intrigued at his weapon.

DEXES:
Arcano fumbled uncomfortably with his scroll as he wiped between the various pieces of information. Three groups needed help. Three groups who they know of that need help.
Arcano had left in a hurry. He didn't have much time to prepare for this mission and in all the stress he didn't have the time to check if there was any information about the rest of the team.

The Bullhead's door opened and with the big thrust of wind that hit his face, he turned his attention to the forest below him. He would have to meet the team sooner or later anyway. Not that this realization took the uneasy feeling in his stomach, but it helped him jump out of the flying ship without further thought, heading straight for the trees beneath him.

He let himself fall for a moment, trying to explore the area from the air to the best of his abilities and as he slowly approached the treetops, he stretched his arm forward. Five barely recognizable threads connetcted  with one of the top branches and let him swing out all the momentum as he approches a lower branch, connecting another five strings with it while releasing the five before. He repeated this process one more time, continuing to avoid any opportunity of crushing face first into on of the branches or trunks, until he was low enough to simply jump the last distance. To hin unfortunate realization, he found himself right between two of his, assumed, teammates. With eyes widened in shock and embarrassment he looked between the two humans before stepping back cautiously.

"Uhm- Uh. Hi -Uh." He stopped as his back made contact with the trunk behind him and he looked quickly into the distance to avoid eye contact, "My name is Arcano, Uh-Bladwin, I mean Blar,- It's Arcano Blar Baldwin, But- Uh- Arcano is fine! I Uh-" the rest turned into an inaudible mumbling till he completely fell silent. His eyes now fixated on the ground as if something great is going to happen when he stares at this intensivly long enough.

arcus_gray:
Over the course of the flight Fallow had been seated quietly, working on writing as many additional symbols into his Grimoire as he could before arriving at the location of his mission. An arrival signaled by a sudden blast of wind catching him. "Time to go I take it?" he asked to no one in particular as he got to his feet and lazily walked towards the exit. simply taking a step over the edge he was suddenly in free-fall heading towards the ground, where a group had already gathered. Well that won't end well." "GET CLEAR!" Fallow yelled out as he ran his hand across a page in the book he held in his hand and snapped his palm towards the ground. As he did so a blast of force exploded out from his palm slamming straight into the ground beneath him sending dirt spitting in all directions, the back-blast from this attack on the ground slowing Fallow's descent to the point where he was able to land gracefully.

ReaperJoe:
Lucas watches his three prospective teammates as they fall to the ground, making sure to leave adequate room for the last member to execute his landing strategy.  He wasn't dodging out of reflex or out of the result of extensive training, Lucas was just paying attention.  Whether the other two react in time is up to them, but as the three finally gather in front of him, Lucas takes stock of what he has to work with. 

To be frank, he's unimpressed.  Just judging from their looks, it was likely that all three of them were first-year students at best.  The fact that only one of them gave a full introduction pretty much confirmed their inexperience, and while his expression remained neutral on the outside, inwardly Lucas scowled.  They do realize this isn't some training mission, right? he thinks as he resigns himself to the current predicament.  First years or not, they'll have to do.

"Right then, looks like I'm taking charge of this mission.  First things first, everyone link to my scroll so we can keep track of each other's aura levels; my ID is CCE9AE," Lucas immediately steps up to assume the commander position and gives his first order.  "I'm assuming you've all read the briefing, so I'll go over the plan.  Do you see that watchtower in the distance?"  He points to the East over the treetops.  It's far away from here, about two, maybe two-and-a-half kilometers out, but even from that distance a structure can be seen peering out over the forest.  "Right now, the watchtower personnel are fighting off a sizable group of Grimm on their own.  Our first objective will be to clear out the Grimm in the area and--"

Lucas is interrupted by the sound of crackling coming from his scroll.  "Come in-- *bzzt* "Can anyone hear me?  Come in!"

Quickly, Lucas responded, "This is Lucas Meridiem, Huntsman from Haven, how did you get this line?"

"Oh, good, finally got a connection," the gruff, mysterious voice responded in kind.  "This is Captain Jet of the Watch, the guys headin' up the evacuation gave me your contact info, glad you could finally make it.  I'd say 'welcome' and show you around, but we're a little tied up at the moment."  The voice behind the scroll joked, but gunfire could be heard in the background of the call.  Wherever this person was, it seems he was dealing with some Grimm problems, too.

Lucas, recognizing the name "Jet", made to respond, "Roger that, we'll be up that way soon, so sit tight and--"

"Negative, chief," Jet's voice cut off Lucas.  "Right now we may be up to our knees in these fuckers, but my boys and I can hold 'em off for days.  Besides, from here we can see the entire surrounding area.  I can give you detailed information on Grimm locations and movements throughout the forest and let you know if you're about to run into anything nasty.  Speakin' o' which..." the voice trails off for a moment as the sound of shuffling can be heard through the scroll's speaker.  "A while ago, one of the boys said he saw a Beringel headin' up north towards the lumber camp.  Those guys are armed with nothin' more than a few shotguns and bear traps, and that's fine if they're takin' on some Beowolves, but that gorilla will tear them apart in no time flat if it knocks on their door.  We've got things covered here, go help them!"

Lucas takes a moment to process this new information.  On the one hand, helping the personnel at the watchtower would give the defense a few extra guns to help out, as well as giving the search and rescue team an experienced guide to help them through the area.  On the other, the watchtower does give anyone inside of it a bird's eye view of the area, which can give invaluable intel on the locations of the Grimm horde.  On top of that, Jet has already told them of a dangerous Grimm heading in the direction of one of the other groups, and if they don't hurry, the lumberyard personnel probably own't survive.

Finally, Lucas breaks his silence, "Copy that.  Change of plans, we'll be heading north to the lumberyard to rescue the civilians still there.  I'll scout ahead using the route Jet provides me and alert you of anything blocking your path.  In the meantime, you three stick together and make sure you don't lose sight of my semblance; its pretty much the only thing that'll let you follow me through the forest."  With that, Lucas turns and starts walking north to the treeline, but after a few feet he turns his head back to make one more remark.  "Oh, and one more thing:  you all are pretty much the only thing that will stand between these people and the Grimm, so as far as they're concerned, you're real huntsmen and huntresses.  Make sure you act like it.  Now move out!"

He turns back towards the forest, and the spectral lantern lets off that harsh white glow that he used for his landing strategy.  At the same time, his mechanical lantern's window opens on the green slot, and Lucas is propelled by the gust of wind that blasts out as he dashes into the forest, leaping into the treetops and quickly disappearing from view.  The only thing left that's visible is the light of his semblance, which after a while shifts back from harsh white to soft, ghostly green.  His three teammates better get a move on if they want to keep up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version