Author Topic: Puddle of Mud (Open)  (Read 1684 times)

L-Money

• View Profile
Puddle of Mud (Open)
« on: March 26, 2019, 01:10:55 AM »
The sun had just started to peek out from behind the clouds. It was midday and classes just ended for Beacon students. The rainstorm that had been pouring down during the day had just ended about five minutes ago and the air was fresh. The filth that was clinging to the outside walls and gutters has been washed away into the streams and rivers and eventually over the cliff and into the ocean.

As students worked their ways around the campus to do their activities, Goldwyn found himself heading to his room to change out of his form-fitting uniform and into something looser. He really wanted to let his hair down in the privacy of his room and take a hot shower. Of course, he would have to finish his essay on… what was it again? Some type of big sea grim? The well-organized student reached into his pocket and pulled out a notepad with a list of assignments he needed to do.

As he pulled, the notepad came out and so did his room keys. Goldwyn felt his room keys fall out of his pocket and attempted to catch them with the notepad hand. But only succeeded in batting the keys away from the sidewalk and into a puddle in the muddy grass.

Goldwyn walked over to the edge of the sidewalk where the puddle and muddy grass met. He bent over and looked into the water. The keys had sunk to the bottom of the puddle and mingled with the mud. He looked so downtrodden. Goldwyn reached out a gloved hand that almost touched the puddle, then quickly yanked it back like it was fire.

He stood up and looked around for someone to help.
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Puddle of Mud (Open)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:29:03 AM »
Clara has happy to finally be out of class, though she did not relish the journey back to her dorm.  While it had been relaxing to listen to while indoors, the rain had absolutely drenched her as she moved between buildings for her classes, and her lecture lasted just long enough for her clothes and hair to be merely damp.

So, it came as a pleasant surprise to find the sun shining as she left her lecture hall, and her mood brightened as she realized she didn’t have to battle the elements once again on her way back to her room.  With a smile on her face, she began to meander back across campus until she happened upon a peculiar sight.

Another student had crouched down at the edge of the sidewalk and was tentatively reaching out towards a puddle, only to pull away at the last minute as if yanking his hand out of reach of a snake.  After apparently failing to penetrate a puddle, Clara watched the young man get up and start desperately looking around, and she decided to take the opportunity to walk up.

”Umm, excuse me, are you alright?” she asked.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 05:17:23 AM »
As Goldwyn looked around, he considered calling a teammate to open the door for him. But he found a savior for his dilemma, or at least a stranger who was interested in his dilemma. He hopped this stranger wouldn’t ask many questions. He looked at the angular young woman and tried to straighten himself up with little success. He was very sweaty for some reason.

“Oh- Uh- Hi.” Goldwyn tried to be casual, but his throat was dry and his voice cracked. 

“I’m ok, kinda.” His eyes shifted from the puddle to her as he shifted away from the puddle.

“I need some help.” He said in a serious tone making eye contact with her. “I dropped my keys.”

“In there.” He pointed a pristine white-gloved hand to the puddle not too far from himself.

“And I can’t get it because, um… because of...” He looks down at his hands and fidgets.

“Of a ‘quirk’ I have with dirt.” His cheeks started to flair with embarrassed.

“I hate that I have to ask for help, but the alternative would make me hurl, then shower for a week.” He admitted as he pushed a gloved hand through his hair.

“Can you, get them for me?” He begged with both hands clasped together, leaning toward the young woman at a respectful distance away.
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:55:08 PM »
Clara was amused at the boy's floundering attempts at conversation, though she did her best to appear at least somewhat sympathetic.  It was kind of hopeless, though; between his embarrassment and the actual nature of his predicament, Clara couldn't help but giggle softly.

"It's just a little mud, you know?  It's not like it's going to bite you or anything," she said after stifling her chuckles, though she still kneels down near the puddle and reaches in, searching for the keys.  "Quirk" or not, he did ask for her help, and, besides, she was planning on showering after she got back to her dorm anyways.

It takes a bit of blindly plopping her hand in the puddle before she feels something vaguely metallic and pulls it out.  Unfortunately for Goldwyn, the key is absolutely drenched in mud, though Clara tries to get rid of some of it by flinging it off into the grass.  With a smile, she hands the key out to him and says, "Here you go!  There's still a little mud on it, though, but I'm sure it'll come off if you run under some hot water for a bit."
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400