Author Topic: Crème de la Crème [CLOSED]  (Read 6164 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Crème de la Crème [CLOSED]
« on: May 24, 2018, 12:11:36 PM »
It was a warm, sunny Sunday morning in Vale. For some it would seem like the perfect day for scarfing down a bowl of ice cream, going out for a swim, or spending the entire day locked inside your freezer. For others, the perfect day to train.

Already for a good twenty minutes one could have heard grunting and panting from one of Beacon's many training halls. If you were to peek inside, you'd see a muscualr young boy, his dripping blonde hair pushed back to not get in his eyes. The boy had ditches his usual coat, but even so his shirt was drenched in sweat.

He was holding his sword low, letting out heavy breaths. At the tip of his sword laid a set of weights, chained to the blade, bringing its total weight up to nearly 10kg. This made the sword horrendously hard to wield, as it was heavy and unbalanced, yet there was a purpose to Coconut's training this morning. Back during initiation, he had watched his teammates kill a Beringel, a Deathstalker, a Queen Lancer - creatures which Coconut could hardly harm. When it came to dealing with the larger, tougher grimm, it seemed that all he could do was to launch himself against them and hope for the best. Well, that would have to change, and it would do so the only way Cream could come up with.

He'd have to get stronger and get a bigger fuckin' sword.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Crème de la Crème [CLOSED]
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »
Sunday morning - a beautiful one at that. Prism Skylark has a spring in her step, working her way down to an empty training hall through the school's relatively calm hallways. It'd been a good night, nearly four hours of uninterupted sleep - so after the usual morning run she was left with a little too much energy, the hummingbird faunus had been seeking a way to burn it off. And what better way to do that than to hone her combat skills?

The first one she passes is preoccupied by the sounds of things, grunting and panting emanating from within. She glances through the door as she passes by, checking the occupant - and tilts her head curiously at the sight of her teammate Coconut Cream... running around with a weight strapped to his blade.

Huh.

Well, that's one way to improve your swordsmanship.

Prism leans on the doorway, watching Coconut with an amused smile for a few silent moments. He's already worked up a sweat, team Casanova's tank and front lineman hard at work. Coconut's strategy was usually throwing himself headfirst at the enemy, relying on his muscle to make up for the lack of planning - the exact opposite of Prism, who depended on her strategy and agility to stay two steps ahead. Plus, it's been awhile since fought something other than Grimm - she ruminates over the idea of sparring for a few moments, before nodding decisively.

Coconut would hear a wolf-whistle from the doorway to the room, followed by the call of "Lookin' good, Coco! Mind if I join you?" As Prism padded into the room - reduced to her normal height of 4'11", having swapped out her heels for a pair of athletic shoes. With Hawk's Eye strapped to her waist over tight athletic clothing, it's pretty obvious she's looking to hone her skills as well.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 05:31:34 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:13:57 PM by . »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 07:04:16 AM »
Coco jumped at the whistle, darting his head to see Prism in the doorway. He huffed out an awkward laugh at the compliment, rubbing the back of his neck. "O-oh! Hey, Prism! No, I-I don't mind I was just..." he hefts the sword up and down a couple of times. "Practicing my swings."

He waves towards Amane as she enters, and is about to resume his training when the girl walks over and adjust the weight on the blade. Yes, Coconut was hardly a genius when it came to physics and the like. "Oh, thanks!"

He then tried a couple of practice swings, noticing that it was definitely a whole lot easier to keep balance now - still not what he was used to, but better. He glanced towards Prism again, smiling. "You're gonna practice close-quarters stuff?" The boy asked curiously. Granted, he knew Prism could fight in melee, but he did mostly see her as the team's sniper - and his own goal in battle to keep the grimm away from her and Jocelyn.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 07:21:23 AM »
Amane gets a silent nod of approval from Prism as she adjusts Coconut's weights, before she turns back to her friend at hand. Hawk's Eye is unlatched from her waist, and the lever that controls it slides into the third position - her rifle extending into a glaive as she confirms what Coco was thinking.

"Yeah, actually - I was hoping you'd spar with me! I don't do enough close-combat practice against bigger opponents, so like- it'd be good for both of us. And I don't necessarily need to win this - I just need to know I can hold up to someone stronger weilding a heavier weapon." She nods in the direction of OTN, confirming her explanation, leaning her weight on the staff of the glaive.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:07:50 PM by . »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 12:18:59 PM »
Coconut blinked. "Uhhh. Yeah, I guess we could spar! I'll try and go easy on ya!" The boy said, hefting his blade. Prism was quick, especially compared to him. The larger form of the sword, especially with its added weight, would prove to be a disatvantage. If things started going south, he'd need to shift the weapon to its primary form. Still, if anything, this would prove to be fun.

He took a stance, blade held in front of him - he's ready to charge. "Ready?" he called out both to Prism and to Amane. He had to show off why he was the team's front line man!

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 08:22:56 PM »
Prism shifts from leaning her weight on the staff of the glaive to letting it drop into her hands, holding it a bit of a distance from her body with the blade facing towards him. Tracing one foot back, she shifts so her body is almost parallel to Coconut - noting her opponent's stance, preparing to deflect being suddenly rushed. "On your mark, Amane!"

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 08:44:14 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:01:01 PM by . »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 05:43:06 AM »
Five.

The boy adjusted the grip on his sword. His palms were a bit sweaty from training, but not sweaty enough for OTN to just slide out of his hands mid-fight.

Four.

He placed his left leg behind himself in order to charge his sparring partner more effectively - he said he was gonna go easy on her, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try and use ever advantage he could. His weapon hit harder - only a couple of good hits should do it, so a good charge could make all the difference.

Three.

He took a deep breath. He was still a bit winded from his practice, so...

Tw- begin?

Coco's other fight theme: を歌ってみた (Yobanashi Deceive) - Panaman/nqrse

A mix of conflicting orders traveled from Cream's brain to the rest of his body. The fight had started, he had to charge - but he was also still mentally preparing for said charge. He kicked off with his left leg, rushing towards Prism with his blade hanging low - similarly enough to his initial charge during initiation - but the charge appeared a bit lopsided. That much could be explained by him being tired, but the slash coming late... That was all on him.

The attack was clearly too low, and had come too late - giving Prism plenty of time to avoid it.

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [█████-----] 50%
  Aura: [██████████] 100%

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 08:16:09 AM »
As Amane makes her announcement, Prism shoots a look her way - but it's accompanied by a cheeky grin, privy to her antics. Coconut's charge is well-anticipated as Prism whirls to his right, making sure he's unable to follow through his attack with a backslash against her -  bringing her glaive up and around to deliver a strike down across his back. She hops backwards with a beat of her wings afterwards, putting distance between her and Coconut - if she wants any chance of winning this, she can't let him close it.

"Good start, just a 'lil lopsided! C'mon Coco, show me what you're made of!"

Combat Log:
- Backslash w/ Glaive (8%)

Prism's Battle Stats:
- Aura: 100%
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:24:51 AM by Moth »

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 01:47:38 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 10:52:22 PM by . »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 04:07:34 AM »
Coconut winced and stumbled forward as he was struck in the back. This was bad - he had messed up his very first strike against her, already putting himself at a disatvantage. Prism's speed and mobility was already proving to be a problem. His next attack needs to do something.

"Th-that's the plan!" He charged towards his opponent, sword low again, but the charge more stable this time around. He swung his blade upwards and to the left, but kept his momentum as he did. His intention is simple - if the initial slash fails, he can bring the blade back down on her. Even so, the boy needs to strain every muscle in his arms to control the blade and stop it from falling backwards after the slash.

(Slash - 8%, Backslash potentially 10%)

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [████------] 40%
  Aura: [█████████-] 92%

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
Prism doesn't manage to avoid his harsh charge this time, caught off-guard as he literally throws himself headfirst into the same strategy. His first slash catches and sends her reeling backwards, but a quick foot planted on the floor prevents her from stumbling - almost on instinct, she uses the staff of her glaive to catch the backslash, sending sliding it against the metal and back down in the direction it came from. With the blade in the air, she manages to twist her body so the sharp edge comes down across his front again, but this time in a way that Coco could easily block.

If he doesn't manage to catch it, she'd quickly bring the blade back up, hitting him in the chin with the blunt edge - but that all depends on how good her opponent is at intercepting her strikes, before hopping back once again.

Combat Log:
Slash with Glaive (8%)
Potential Chin whack (5%)

Prism's Battle Stats:
Aura: 92%
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:04:14 PM by Moth »

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 02:45:05 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 08:26:52 PM by . »