Author Topic: Cheap Beer on a Friday Afternoon [Open]  (Read 5992 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Beer on a Friday Afternoon [Open]
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 12:22:22 AM »
Revya caught the beer and tapped the top of the can a couple of times before opening it. “More than I can count. I went off script more than a few times when I built her.”
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 12:53:42 AM »
"Simply because something is excused by law does not make it acceptable behavior.  Furthermore, you are indeed loitering!  Simply because you are idle in your car does not preclude you from the definition.  And as I've said, you're method of 'unwinding', as you call it, impairs one's ability to function.  Surely you realize that no one in their right mind will--"

Aurelia cuts herself off as she watches both Revya and Amane accept Chantou's offer of alcoholic beverages.  Even the horse--er--unicorn fails to react for a few seconds.  But when Chantou once again offers her one of the damnable drinks, Aurelia's mount almost rears up to kick the bottle out of her hand.  It was easily stopped of course: the creature is nothing more than an aura construct that follows the will of its user.  A simple conscious command is all it takes to stop it.  From the group's perspective, it would look like the steed had only taken a step back, a clear but much more polite way of declining the fellow faunus's offer. 

"...It seems my opinion lies in the minority.  Very well.  In that case, I shall act in a supervisory role.  After all, there's no telling what three teenagers under the influence of alcohol will do, especially considering they're huntsmen- and huntresses-in-training," she says with an air of disapproval, emphasizing the last bit in a last-ditch attempt to drive her point home. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 01:10:24 AM »
”much as I hate to admit it. You are right. Some of the teachers get pretty mad if they see you drunk. But that’s the guys that get smashed. One or two beers should be fine.”
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 01:20:57 AM »
Chantou simply nods, putting the beer back in the cooler as she begins to root around. Blinking a few times, she frowns slightly before taking off the sunglasses, folding them to dangle from the collar of her shirt. "So uh- unicorn gal, ya' never actually told us your name. Also, like- whadya want instead? I got a couple a' seltzers, a water bottle or two, some juice boxes- ooh!" There's a vague note of excitement to her tone, withdrawing what looks like a small glass soda bottle with a marble in the cap. "Marble soda, all the way from Mistral. Love these things, greatly recommend."

She glances at Reyva again, nodding along with his comment. "Can't say I didn't go the same with Babygirl here," She says, patting the side of the beat-up jeep. "She ended up with like, two more cupholders than I really intended, and not in places I thought they'd fit. And yeah, long as we drink in moderation, we'll fly right under their radar."

There's another brief pause, before she turns back to Aurelia on another completely unrelated note. "Yo, Uni. What's it like havin' the tail?? Feels like it'd be a bit more managable than like, these-" She raises one arm, purposefully flaring the spines along the side before they lay flat again. "- or these." She then taps temple, obviously referring to her glittering compound eyes.

Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 02:04:13 AM »
"Ah, yes.  I suppose if we are going to spend time together, the least we could do is acquaint ourselves," Aurelia responds, "I am Aurelia Lumen, a third-year student of this academy.  How do you do?"  As she finishes her introduction, the horse faunus crosses her arm across her chest and bows.  The unicorn similarly responds, bending a knee and lowering its head. 

"And I appreciate the kind offer.  A water will be plenty," she continues somewhat resignedly.  It seems she's accepted that the group will not follow her line of reasoning and is now aiming to pass the time as painlessly as possible.  The vehicle talk honestly goes over her head.  When she's not riding a horse or taking public transportation around Vale, she's chauffeured by her foster family's private driver around Atlas.  She's never had to worry or think about the inner-workings of cars in her life.

Which is why she's somewhat relieved when the conversation steers back towards a subject she can actually relate to.  "Why, whatever do you mean?  I imagine you've never had to cut holes in all of your dresses and pantaloons to make room for an additional appendage.  Not to mention those spines and eyes seem much easier to conceal.  Long sleeves and sunglasses would probably prove more than adequate to disguise yourself should the need arise," she countered.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 05:37:43 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 07:56:32 PM by . »

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
"Aurelia, not a bad name. You already know mine." Chantou replies, tossing the water bottle up to the other faunus where she sat atop her horse. Listening to Reyva's warning about drinking on campus, she briefly makes a face, sticking out her tongue in disgust. "N' yeah- those guys ruin the fun for everyone. If you wanna get shitfaced, do it somewhere you won't destroy property or hurt yourself or somethin'. That's my rule at least."

Chantou briefly listens to Aurelia's explanation of why her tail's so annoying, but she can't seem to keep her expression still. The pokerface is cracked when one side of Chantou's mouth quirks up, before she starts lowly snickering, covering her mouth with one hand. The small laughing fit lasts a solid 30 seconds before she removes the hand, grinning up at Aurelia and lifting her beer in a faux-toast. "Pantaloons."
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2018, 09:43:11 PM »
Aurelia gives a quick "thank you" as she catches the bottle of water.  She makes to continue her rant on the minor inconveniences of her tail when she notices Chantou's fit.  "Is something the matter?" she asks the snickering faunus, confused as to what could possibly bring this laugh attack on.

"Pantaloons."

Aurelia simply cocks her head slightly to the side, confused.  "I'm afraid I do not see the humor.  That is what they are called.  Or did I miss out on some new-fangled slang?" she asks.  Despite being so high on her horse, the joke clearly goes over her head.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 04:33:26 PM »
"Nah, nah, it's all fine," Chantou replies a grin still on her face. There's a light teasing note to her voice as she leans back, taking another sip of her beer.  "Never heard someone say somethin' like that is complete seriousness."

She spends another moment grinning up at Aurelia, before patting the trunk of the Jeep beside her. "C'mon all down off your hi horse- uh, unicorn? Regardless, come back n' join us all on earth Lumen, it's all cool."

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 07:44:01 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 07:55:15 PM by . »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 04:10:02 AM »
Looking down at the faunus fruitlessly trying to build a rapport, Aurelia responds, "I appreciate the offer, but I assure you I am most comfortable where I am."  And, well, considering her current seat is a manifestation of her soul that responds to her thoughts and feelings, it's an accurate response, too.  Imagine a chair that automatically adjusts its settings at the first sign of discomfort. 

There's also the underlying reason that she still sees herself acting in a supervisory role, but seeing how the group is neither breaking the rules nor officially under her care, she has no authority to actually act.  So, she'll remain where she is, vigilant and ready to impose her will if the need arises.

Watching the girl who's appearance is completely and utterly unfamiliar to her reach into her car and pull out a chair, Aurelia sighs internally.  It is becoming more and more apparent that her evening hours will be spent observing these students instead of training.  She'll have to add make-up time later in the week to make up for the lost--

"So how did you discover your semblance?"

The question interrupts her train of thought, which was suddenly replaced by the images of rushing waters and a girl being pulled under by the current.  "Well, I was fairly young at the time, about ten or so.  I tried to save someone and nearly died in the process.  I imagine the stress and a desire to live unlocked both my aura and my semblance in the heat of the moment.  It was sheer dumb luck that my semblance came in a form that could resolve the issue," she answers, clearly giving the short version.  It's not like she's ashamed of what happened, quite the opposite actually.  However, both her parents and foster parents have reprimanded her numerous times for her reckless action.  While it ultimately saved a life, one different twist of fate could have ended the incident with not one, but two funerals.  Aurelia has learned since then, and has no desire to inspire such reckless action in others, least of all younger students.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 10:19:58 AM »
As Chantou revealed her faunas traits Rev begun to stare down at his bike. avoiding eye contact.