Author Topic: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Bianca V Jack [Limited: 2/8]  (Read 16987 times)

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Bianca V Jack [Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 06:39:19 AM »
The moment she saw the telltale glint of metal, Bianca was already back flipping the hell out of there, away from those ghastly things. She noted to herself that more firepower than one pistol would be needed, and she needed to get that firepower soon after the Vytal Tourney stuff was over. Hopefully later rather than sooner. But back to the fight she was having at the moment, Bianca yet again only almost got out of the way fast enough, getting caught in the blow yet again. Still, less than last time. This time though, she was more prepared, righting herself quickly, not bothering to guess. Jack could've poofed anywhere at all, so what she just had to do was be ready for his attack. Keeping her stance steady and tonfa in hand, Bianca waited for Jack to make the first move.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Aura 77%
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:57:16 AM by The Mythic Scribe »
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 10:12:31 PM »
Jack came out of the blink just far enough behind Bianca that had she been a little slower, he would have been able to clothesline her as she flew through the air. As it turned out, she'd managed to get out of the way and was still close, but no such luck with being able to attack her when she was careening along defenseless.

Her back was still turned, though. Good enough.

Winking knowingly at the crowd and holding a finger to his lips, a short blink brought him out of a blazing whirling kick with his rotation so fast that his leading leg would crack off of her temple and the next half-dozen or so hits would work their way down the rest of her, if she hadn't been knocked prone by then, in which case he'd just land hard on her and somersault away.

Aura 92%
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »
Fancy schmancy semblance blah, whittling her down faster than she could return the favor. Okay. So she was going to use the tonfa now. Noted. As a leg suddenly came at her face, Bianca mimicked what Jack had done earlier, letting her right shoulder take the hit instead. For the next half dozen, she backed away as fast as she could, which would be after the second, just fast enough to only get scraped by the third kick.

"Not a scratch!" Bianca lied crowed haughtily. Smirk once again present on her face, Bianca started at her opponent, placing two blows with her tonfa on the shoulder that blocked her kick earlier and in the middle of the other side's ribcage, spinning her weapon to do more damage. Following with a counter-clockwise turn, Bianca jabbed her left at his face, though she made sure not to touch it, following by turning back and jabbing once again with her right at his abdomen, then placing a low kick at his shin with her left leg.

Aura 71%
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 12:11:58 AM »
"In case you hadn't noticed, we've  got giant aura meters the entire world's looking at right now, Skunk. Weeeak." he shot back, sticking his landing perfectly, the crowd jeering along with him. Well, at least she could learn from what he had to offer. Good thing he wasn't going all out...not that she could even try and imitate that! Speaking of which, time to pull out something fun...why not enjoy himself?

Suddenly relaxing his stance and listing lazily to one side, he staggered as the tonfa hit, actually moving with the blow, his face serene as he flailed out uselessly with the opposing hand, confounding the strike from the other tonfa with that awkwardly flopping limb. He was careful to avoid all but the flat of the blade, though, despite all appearances to the contrary. The blow to his face was a feint, and he treated it like one, checking his reflection in the weapon as it went past, while bending too far backwards to avoid it so that the strike at his abdomen fell short.

The kick, though, that set things up flawlessly for him! Making it look exactly like he'd clumsily tripped over her leg, he fell almost face first and rolled into his shoulder before flipping back up and onto his feet in a graceful crouch.

"Almost had me there, you gotta be quicker than that!" he beamed, raising himself to a lax standing position and brushing his shirt off.

Aura 91%

In the stands, Ember accepted a peach ramune with a pleasant, mouthed thank you to Stella. She giggled almost girlishly as Jack began taunting the talkative girl with his favorite party trick. "Has he showed you this yet, Orabel?" she asked, touching the fashion mogul's shoulder conspiratorially.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 10:48:09 AM »
Now this guy was starting to get on her nerves. Acting so casual and all... blah. And damn, she forgot about those aura meters. Clicking her tongue in disapproval, Bianca resumed her fight.

Blades now sheathed and knuckle dusters slipped on, she advanced again to try a round (not roundhouse) kick with her right leg, then as she finished, Bianca immediately advanced again, throwing three punches. Two were aimed at his jaw and the third his shoulder. Switching to her tonfas in the process, she neatly performed a spinning hook kick, this time slashing/stabbing with her tonfa, following the movement of the kick. "Oh? Well I do have to admit, you are pretty quick. Wonder if that applies to other things too..."

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 01:14:14 AM »
Sloppily doing the splits to avoid the kick, he slid jerkily back to his feet as though he were having trouble keeping his balance. Gosh this style felt so loose and free, it was the best way to get relaxed when everything was stressing you...

Jack held his hands up in front of himself and changed his expression to that of a man terrified of being hit by an oncoming car as she closed for some more punches. As if flinching side to side in fear, he awkwardly avoided both punches to his face, and took the one to the shoulder, reeling away as if stunned and in great pain to soften the blow. Getting angry yet, Skunk? You will be...

As he half-collapsed to one knee under the weight of his slapstick suffering, botching the targeting of the kick and defying the tonfa slash, Jack gave her a good long wink and shot right back up and forward the moment she had  rotated far enough to expose her midsection.

"Yeah, I'm fast. And I can go all damn night!" he said, grinning from ear to ear as he drove hard into her inner thigh with his leading knee and hammered her guarding arm out and away with the opposite elbow. Not stopping his momentum in the slightest, he followed with a full on blitz of short, heavy punches to her ribs, neck, and gut, hammering away at her softest, most vulnerable points. He finished with a rising elbow to the chin that brought his full body into play and got him off of the ground for a double kick to the chest that would have him tumbling backwards to roll into a guard should she somehow recover in time.

Aura 89%, and for Jack's attacks it may be assumed that things did not go as planned at any point, it's just darn awkward to write it that way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:28:20 AM by Uncouth T-Rex »

Character List:

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 06:06:40 AM »
Letting out an 'oomph' as Jack struck her inner thigh and arm, Bianca stumbled back only to be met with a flurry of more hits. Taking a few of them, Bianca let herself fall to the ground into a backwards somersault, trying to escape before he could deal more damage. Standing up right away, Bianca noticed that she was on the edge of the river biome, which she backflipped even more into, until the ground got wet. Then to prevent slipping, she finished the rest simply with her own two feet. The flips had already been angled to be towards the intersection between the two biomes on the other side of the arena. Now on foot, she jumped over a narrow part in the river, landing on the other side fully prepared for Jack to do his fancy schmancy teleport semblance to beat her there.

Aura 63%
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:17:22 AM by The Mythic Scribe »

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 11:57:22 PM »
Mythic, you forgot the aura level. It's okay, it happens, I've almost missed it a few times myself. I just get too into the writing.

Jack caught himself in time so that he wasn't jump-kicking air and instead brought himself back to a bouncy standing position. He waited patiently for Skunk to run away and maybe even recover a little bit from that bruising he'd just given her. To pass the time, he smiled and waved at the crowd, blew a kiss to Orabel, you know, enjoyed himself. Once Skunk stopped moving, he hucked a snowball right at her face. Followed by several more as he moved in a spin, packing and hurling along the way.

Aura 89%

Character List:

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 06:17:39 AM »
Shit, thanks!

Snowballs. If she wasn't the one fighting Jack, Bianca would've thought that it was quite a fun idea. She would think that they packed a little more punch compared to a normal one considering the person throwing them though, so Bianca went out of her way to avoid being hit by the... creative weapons. The ones that did reach her though, met the flat of her blade or were simply split apart with her bare hands. I mean, it was snow... Making up her strategy on the way, Bianca went along with Jack's move into the snow biome, partly hiding behind one of the snowy hills, firing five bullets at Petty Boy. "Don't think snow's better ammo than lead, Petty Boy!"

Aura 63%

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:30 PM »
Tenne huffed as she entered the stadium, cursing under her breath at arriving late. Quickly finding her team's leader, she made her way over to the armored girl, crossing her arms as she sat down next to the yelling girl. Her eyes narrowed as she saw who she was fighting, fucking prick seemed to be giving the Skunk a good beating. Anyone else and she might have been able to enjoy watching someone besides herself finally having a go at the aggravating girl, but that bastard could go sit on a loaded shotgun for all she cared, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING BI, I'M GONNA BEAT YOUR ASS IF YA LET THAT PRISSY LITTLE FUCK LEAVE THIS ARENA"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:56:33 PM by The Fox Without »
Fortuna Altin-First year student: The Wannabe Princess of Team FIRE

Fluores Verdelia -First Year Tinkerer of Team MRSF

Tenne Byzant- First Year Recovering Thug of Team CBLT

Rima Tempest - First Year Snow Bitch of Team TBA
#55C8DA

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 09:54:50 PM »
Taking advantage of the fact that she was now trying to stay in cover and take pot shots at him, the last snowball he threw was cheekily stuffed with a dust grenade, and aimed right for her torso. Even if she managed to dodge it, it would have to go off close enough to be a problem. As for those bullets, YIPE! He'd cartwheeled out of the way of the first three, went into a crouch to duck the fifth, and then that was where line of sight started screwing with him, too. It caught Jack dead center in the chest, and made him stagger a little before he regained his footing. What he hadn't noticed were the bullet holes in his shirt, which showed the rest of the world just how on-point his opponent's aim had been, and how narrowly he'd avoided those rounds. Intentionally throwing up a massive spray of snow with a diving slide behind another small hill, he came to a halt and waited for the explosion.

Aura 86%

Character List:

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 06:57:27 AM »
Yeah, no, she was definitely getting more firepower after this. Sneaky little bastard, disguising a dust grenade as a snowball. So that little harmless ball of puff that'd just flown past her torso did a lot more damage than she thought it would. This time she wasn't prepared at all, no extra distance, no shielding, no nothing. Not too great for her. Probably great for Jack. The blast caught her full on, sending her straight into the hill she was hiding taking cover behind. Ouch. It took her a few moments to be able to actually do something, and the first thing she did was send another grating screech at Jack, then a few scuffs behind where she'd seen him dive into. The first was to catch him if he was planning on teleporting somewhere as to take her by surprise, the second to confuse him if he was still behind the hill. She even tried to execute the first one in a way so that the sound would seem like it was coming from behind there too.

Aura 50%

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 11:51:40 PM »
Hrrrraaagh that damn screeching again! His ears rang, barely catching the odd, shuffling noises from where...yeah, where it would be physically impossible for Skunk to be. The grenades weren't that explosive, so it's not like she could have been thrown that far. So that was her semblance, then. Annoying noise. How fitting. Well, there was a fix for that. Popping in his wireless earbuds and turning up the volume, he let the beat rock and took a flying leap over the hill. Before he landed he noted where Skunk was and letting his glow flare up again. Blinking, he zoomed up right next to her as she was rising and brought his knee swinging up towards her head.

Aura 86%

Character List:

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2016, 04:47:46 AM »
Seeing the jump over, Bianca immediately slipped her blades into her hands, bringing the right up just fast enough to catch the knee sent her way, slicing a little in the meanwhile. As she was rushing though, Bianca sill stumbled back, which she just turned into a backwards somersault, popping up quickly and not thinking about any attacks that could've come to catch her off-guard.

Quickly jumping back into action, she threw a side kick at his torso, following with yet another spinning back kick so that she ended up facing him again. Learning from her mistake last time, she kept her arms close to guard her torso. As she landed, the tonfas she carried were turned so that the blades ran parallel to her arms. With her weapons in this position, she advanced to slice at Jack's face once with each arm, the movement akin to how you would throw a jab. Trying to prevent too-quick counter, she raised her right leg to kick his torso, pushing him away. During this, she noted the earbuds, mentally groaning and cheering at the same time.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2016, 11:21:23 PM »
That slice caught him right across the knee, and considering how he'd mis-timed the jump to allow that to happen, boy was he mad. You know what? It was time to stop goofing off and being cheeky. He was getting bored, the audience was most likely getting bored, and that was hardly something he could allow. Not letting his frustration show, he let Skunk back off for a second, making sure the guard he dropped into was impeccable.

Not even trying to look flashy, he punched her leg hard in the ankle as she kicked at him the first time, dropped his elbow forcibly into her calf on the second as she stepped forward, and then let her come at him with the tonfas. Keeping his face in a warm mask of a smile, the only hardness showing through in his eyes, he jerked his head from side to side to avoid the slashes, not even bothering to block. The moment she went to kick him again, he moved like quicksilver, grabbing ahold of her leg both at the ankle and further up the thigh, and heaved, turning her own momentum against her and sending her past him so that he was at her back. As she went by, he drilled his elbow right into the base of her skull, his expression unchanging.

Aura 83%

Character List: