Author Topic: Fenix Cerulean  (Read 5384 times)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Fenix Cerulean
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »
CHARACTER

Name: Fenix Cerulean, also once known as Fabius Felicis Cilo of the Plebeian House of Felix.

Species and Gender: Human Male

Symbol: N/A

Appearance: Fenix has an average sized body, not too thin but not too fat, and he essentially has the standard body composition a seasoned hunter would have. In fact, it gives him a rather fit look a seasoned fighter would have, being an average body size to go with his well toned and well developed muscles, not too showy though. He happens to be rather tall, inheriting some of those tall genetics his family had, being at the height of 5’9”. Fenix also weighs about a good 250 lbs, with a good chunk of that being muscle instead of normal fat. Alongside all of that, Fenix has a rather pale skin from all that time in Vale ever since his birth, as well as inheritance from family. Much like other Pilorum, he has black scleras, but Fenix has blue irises to contrast with that. Other than that, his body is essentially flawless in the sense of features and scars.

Fenix often wears a black suit and tie that is loose enough to hide his muscles, but tight enough to have a hold on his body. It’s very clean and pristine, but there are some features of the suit that have ‘tells’ of how worn it is. Stains of food and dirt suggest that Fenix have, and can fight in these clothes, but he doesn’t really recommend it. It’s very formal, so it’s lucky that Fenix can simply wear this around all the time without having to replace it. Alongside the suit and tie is glasses (not prescription, only accessory) with darkened lenses to hide the black sclera Fenix had inherited from his Pilorum side of the family. Fenix also happens to have a little holster on the side that holds some neat gadgets he carries out as a “just incase” (hint hint, it’s a normal brass knuckle, as if he needed it.).

If forced to go purely casual, which is unlikely considering Fenix likes to deny his pilorum heritage by ignoring it, he’d wear a plain white short sleeved shirt, and over it is a white sweater that covers his muscles and it would be very hard to tell his muscular composition just from a glance. To go with that, Fenix wears some jeans that is, once again, loose enough to cover his muscles but tight enough to have a hold on his body. Fenix also happens to wear plain black, fingerless gloves to cover his hands as to not get them so bloodied in combat, which looks quite nice when he shoves your face into the dirt.

Fenix’s actual combat outfit is gray steel plate armor, covering his entire body and providing full flexibility for his usage. It’s very detailed, as the metal plates are pointed downwards when attached together. On his left shoulder is a shoulder plate with the design of a wolf on it, and his right shoulder is covered by a ragged, ripped blue cloak that goes all the way down to his feet. The cloak isn’t long enough to hinder his movement, but it’s pretty long. The cloak’s hood is put up as to hide his face in combat, and over it is a steel helmet that resembles a bird. Out of the helmet is a rather long plume that goes down to his torso at the back of his head. Under all the armor is chainmail for extra defense.

Reference Image: ShowHide

History: Born of the Plebeian House of Felix, Fenix never knew his father, but he has a retired huntress for a mother that originated from Vale. All he knew of his father was what little his mother told him, and even then, with his mother’s hero worship of what he now considered demons, he wasn’t sure at all onto what was true about his father’s history. True facts that Fenix was able to discern from his mother’s story, was that his father was definitely a pilorum, and was part of Pilum’s Military. His father had been drafted, but she it wouldn’t have mattered anyways, as his father would’ve volunteered for the glory of Pilum. After some undisclosed time, his father found himself in the 7th(?) Legion as a Squad-Commander, proudly bearing his rank to the public.

Fenix had no idea what unspeakable horrors his father had done, but what he did know that his mother apparently met his father one day during a mission out in the wilderness… Fenix’s mother told him that his father “saved” her life, and that he was a hero for saving the people that were there. Unfortunately, his younger self bought into what his mother said in a fit of childish naivety. For the longest time, Fenix believed that his father, and Pilorums, were kind and that the rumors were simply the bad guys slandering their good name. It took so long for Fenix to utterly realize how wrong that way of thinking was, and that will be discussed later on. All in all, at this point in his life, Fenix was proud of his Pilorum heritage.

In pursuit of the glory his father attained in his life, Fenix trained during all those years before Signal, with his mother cheering and encouraging him onwards to Signal Academy. Fenix even created some weapons as a part-time job with the assistance of a neighbouring blacksmith, seeing it as an opportunity to further his heroic opportunities. In fact, all that blacksmithing he had done only served to further define his body. All that that strength working only served to prepare Fenix for his time in Signal Academy, especially to start swinging the giant greatsword, which is basically his size, he created later on.

Upon finally applying to Signal Academy and being accepted, to the joy of his mother, Fenix was finally ready to show the world his strength. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you see it), Fenix underwent a bunch of changes during Signal Academy. Weapon, semblance, and studies were a few of them, but a major change was his worldview. Fenix had been proudly baring his Pilorum heritage, but day after day, his world is bombarded by facts and truth about Pilorums. He fought back, and verbally abused people in anger, but one day, he just snapped. Fenix just stopped, and started to deny his Pilorum heritage. It’s unknown what caused or what happened, but Fenix was a better person for the last three years.

When Fenix went back to his mother, he just stopped listening to her. Day by day, he started to notice little tells: glazed eyes, nervous twitches, smiles, and her times of reminiscing. Slowly, Fenix grew more and more afraid of what happened to his mother, but he knew he could do nothing to help. Instead, he just continued loving his mother, but not heeding her words as a way of compromise between two lifestyles. After some time, Fenix graduated, and when he was just about to leave, his mother, distractedly staring into space told Fenix his true name:

Fabius Felicis Cilo of the Plebeian House of Felix.

Without a pause, Fenix went to Beacon without looking back, as a way to accommodate his new and informed self. Upon arriving at Beacon, everything was unclear and hazy, but to Fenix, there was only one true fact. The Denial of his Pilorum Heritage.

Personality: Fenix is what’s essentially a kind and gentle giant. That was his way of atoning for his mistakes in the previous years. That, and to invalidate most people's’ thoughts about Pilorum in general. He is calm and patient, willing to bear pain just so he does not inflict it (yet). Fenix also has an above average intelligence, as once again, to atone for his previous way of thinking. He also happens to hide and deny his Pilorum bloodline as if he was ashamed of it. Push too far with the previous fact or anything else in general, Fenix would not hesitate to break you in anger. Otherwise, Fenix is pretty cool.

However, Fenix subconsciously still believes in Pilorum are the ones that are right, that morals and ethics would not matter because they are . Fenix would never admit it, or even know about it, but it’s there. It’ll take a lot to bring it out, but with enough severity and determination, it’ll come out. That’s what happens when you are living your entire life believing in something only to find out it’s wrong, but never fully accept it.

Aura and Semblance: Fenix has a decent aura pool, nothing much to say about it. It grows a bright red. He’s not like other people that knew quite a bit out of aura, so he doesn’t have all the nifty extra functions that aura can provide.

A Calm Storm - ”I WILL BREAK YOUR FUCKING BONES”

Upon activation, or some gentle prodding, Fenix will go into a berserker state, almost to the point of insanity. He forgoes thought, and can barely form coherent sentences. Fenix gains a good amount of strength, speed and endurance, greatly influencing his berserker-like qualities. At the end of it, he’d be pretty fatigued, even during the berserker state itself, but in the end it’s a great power boost as a last resort. Lightning-esque aura swirls around Fenix, giving a BIG hint to whether or not Fenix is in a berserker-like state. He basically becomes a tank, but run out of fuel, he’s basically a goner.

Combat Behavior: Fenix is basically a tank that can dish out tons of damage, but he’s rather slow doing so, even if he is two-handing his greatsword. However, since it’s massive, he can most definitely use it to block without moving much, but it does take a lot to actually use it. His sword does much of the attacking for him as all he needs to do is swing in a direction, but it’s REALLY HARD to change mid direction of the swing. Fenix doesn’t flinch easy, so it’s really hard to make him hesitate for even a second, except when a certain Pilorum around. Or Pilorum in general. Fenix can’t one hand the sword very easy, so it’s hard for him to multitask with no free hands.

Now when Fenix is in his berserker state, he’s much more faster and stronger than before, except he can’t exactly thinking clearly. Fenix just goes in and swing his giant sword around in hopes of doing great amount of damage, even not pausing for pain. However, that means it would be rather hard to fall back and that the total pain added up from fighting will lead to what could essentially be hell for Fenix when deactivating his semblance.

WEAPON

Name: The Great Wolf

Primary Form: The Great Wolf is a giant sleek sword at a size of five feet and eight inches long. Its decorated hilt (handguard and handle included) takes up those extra nine inches so that Fenix has an easier time swinging it around almost like it’s nothing. The blade width of the sword itself happens to be a good 7 inches to have that nice even split for Fenix to use. The metal itself is a dark black, and it’s very durable for Fenix to use as what essentially amounts to a shield. A design themed around wolves are present on the blade, with it being colored a nice white to contrast well with the metal. Although the blade seems to be irregularly shaped, it’s still sharp enough to cut things, and with enough strength, Fenix can cut through a lot.

Image currently busted, fix later: ShowHide

History: His first weapon he created for Signal Academy and never changed since then, since he basically considered The Great Wolf as a memory of how Fenix used to be and how he changed since then, and for the better too.

GADGET

It’s literally a brass knuckle. Nothing special about it. Just put this here as a disclaimer as to show that Fenix does indeed wield a brass knuckle if need be.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:37:11 AM by NotSurprised »
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Fenix Cerulean
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:48:58 PM »
As hypocritical as this may sound with my first character being a huge blacksmith (admittedly I assumed that because RWBYverse was animu huge dudes built like powerlifters would be rare, boy was I wrong), I'm going to start this by asking, "Do we really need another guy pushing the bounds of large?"

I mean, we've got my own Marlon Murk, Savas Carnelian, Brock Greenwood, Graviton, Colton Joule, all well over 6 ft. Seig has a 7'6" barbarian chick for crying out loud.

This is more of a plea than a demand, but would you consider making a buff, powerfully built normal sized dude instead?

And if you're going to keep the height, the weight needs to make sense. 180Ilbs is rail thin at that height. I'm 6'3", solidly built, and 230 Lbs. Marlon is 6'7" and over 340 Lbs of muscle, admittedly he's much broader than most and based off of the world's second strongest man, but still... Your character is also 17, so unless he stopped growing early he wouldn't be at his full height yet. Marlon actually isn't either, and he'll grow in real time to match Halfthor Bjornson, the aforementioned powerlifter.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 10:51:54 PM »
Ah, sorry, thought I fixed the height-weight ratio, and forgot to think about other the subjects you brought up. Thanks Uncouth!

EDIT: Actually, I kind of want some height suggestions since I'm finding it hard to find a reasonable height.

EDIT2: Placeholder Height: Around 5'9" -ish
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:01:57 PM by NotSurprised »

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 07:58:11 AM »
Honestly when looking at heights and weights, aside from the ole handy dandy medical charts, I just check out the stats for someone IRL who looks similar. Jack Pettibone was ripped directly from Channing Tatum as far as height, weight goes.

For example, if you want a short, powerful guy, Flex Lewis is a 5'5" bodybuilder at 240 Lbs. Just assume it's not show muscle and gained for strength not size (bodybuilders are still hella strong, just not as strong as powerflifters), and ratchet it up about 10Lbs per inch, bringing him to 270Lbs.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Vox Machinae

• Administrator

• Abusive Webmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 09:21:35 AM »
Some of the height concerns are handwaved with the Pilorum blood. Centuries of eugenics and genetic manipulation cover a multitude of sins.

Also, NS using someone with Pilorum blood was cleared.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »
Forgot the Pilorum height thing, but I think I'll keep it at 5'9"  or make it 6', and Fenix can grow into it later. Weight, I'll take your word for it, might make it around 250 lbs though. Otherwise, I got nothing else to say about this.

The handwaving is later on kappa

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 12:34:15 AM »
Honestly I don't know enough about Pilum to accurately judge the history of the character, and all in all he seems well-rounded and like an actual person instead of a caricature. I'll give you a plus one after you change one thing: the phrase "giant fuck-off greatsword" just sounds dumb and out of context for the rest of the profile. It breaks the feel of the writing over its knee.

Character List:

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 12:36:39 AM »
That's fine. Just a little humor I put in there to give myself some laughs to counteract the fact I die on the inside whenever I look at old profiles I've made.

Fixed it!

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 12:47:33 AM »
In that case...

+1

Character List:

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
Approved
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust