Author Topic: 1st Year 1v1 1st Round: Cobe V Razzmatazz [Limited 2/8]  (Read 10627 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
1st Year 1v1 1st Round: Cobe V Razzmatazz [Limited 2/8]
« on: October 15, 2016, 03:13:17 AM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE FORTIETH BIANNUAL VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I WILL BE SERENADING YOU WITH THE SOOTHING SOUND OF MY VOICE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MATCH- JUST KIDDING, F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? I'M GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET YOU ENJOY THE PURE UNBRIDLED COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FIRST ROUND, WE HAVE TWO BEACON KIDS! I CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE SCHOOL DRAMA THIS CAUSES. IN THE FIRST CORNER, WE HAVE COBE SKY, HE'S PRETTY NEW, AND DOESNT HAVE ANY IN FRAME FEATS, SO I'M NOT SURE ABOUT HIM, BUT WHO KNOWS! IN THE OTHER CORNER, WE HAVE RAZZMATAZZ GELE, I SWEAR WITH A NAME LIKE THAT HIS SEMBLANCE HAS GOT TO BE TURNING INTO A PINK BLOB! BUT FOR NOW, ONTO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ISN'T THE SAME THING AS POLITICS, DEREK, SHUT UP!" The crowd, though somewhat confused, cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Urban and Ocean.

"LOOKS LIKE WE'VE GOT A MODIFIER, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose a "single" new floor. While one half was certainly ocean, and the other was certainly urban, the entire thing took the form of a run down boardwalk. On the urban side where Cobe was starting, there were run down shops, collapsed shacks, and a decrepit looking hotel. On Razzmatazz's side, there was a long, broken up boardwalk that stretched across the whole arena, a beach, an ocean, and a large fishing pier, allowing him to start there.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Razzmatazz gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:02:55 AM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Year 1v1 First Round: Cobe V Razzmatazz [Limited 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 03:34:13 AM »
Razz had to take a breath and compose himself before he stepped out into the arena. He had made it to his second round in the tournament. And he had had so much fun in his first! All he really hoped for was for his second round to be as exciting.

His mind full of positive thoughts as always, the boy strutted out into the arena and onto the boardwalk, his back facing the fishing pier. The area was definitely more intriguing than the previous river/swamp setup!

Having neglected Rozhe's rifle form in his first round at the tournament, he quickly changed it into its third form and loaded in a bullet. As soon as combat begun, he fired a shot at his opponent's chest, then placed an ice dust cartridge in his weapon for when he gets closer.

(Shot is 8% depletion)
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 04:29:31 AM »
This was it. Cobe's time had arrived, he had been training for weeks, and now, here he was, in the first round of the Vytal Festival, he wanted to fight earlier, however, bracket issues prevented him.

He walked into the arena, and looked in awe, he had never seen anything like this, he saw his opponent, and drew Cobalt Dawn, ready to kick some butt.

He barely managed to dodge an shot from a rifle, having to leap to the side and then roll, and returned fire with a spread of Fire Dust crystals, before taking up a defensive stance.

(5 crystals, each crystal is 2% depletion)
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 06:53:57 AM »
Razz was kind of out in the open, so when his opponent went for a ranged attack as well, his options were rather limited. Still, his opponent's attack was a spread, meaning he could probably avoid most of the damage without issue. As such, the pink-clad boy ran ahead, getting grazed by two of the shots.

He quickly positioned himself behind one of the collapsed shacks closer to his foe. Once behind cover, Razz peeked out and fired thrice, the ice shots accompanied by glowing trails and puffs of smoke-dust.

(Three shots at 5% depletion, can freeze over a small part of one's body, though not enough to fully freeze a limb.)

(Aura at 96%)

Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 07:41:05 AM »
Cobe tried to break for cover when his opponent did, however, he got shot by an freezing crystal on one of his fingers, trapping it in ice. He switched Cobalt Dawn to sword mode and melted the ice, this only hurt more.

"Not bad, not bad at all" Cobe spoke loud enough for his opponent to hear.

Cobe then release his trademark Steam Dust Smokescreen, before jumping back and firing a Fire Dust Crystal and exploding the smokescreen.

(Smokescreen Explosion = -5% Aura + Temporary Blinding)
(Dust Crystal = -2.5 Aura)

(Aura = 95%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 08:37:51 AM »
Luckily for Razzy, he was currently behind cover in 'relative safety', so to speak. As soon as the smoke flew out, he quickly pulled back behind the shack, having taken his lesson from his fight with Martin: When your opponent released dust in any form, it's probably gonna hurt. The explosion did do some damage to the aforementioned cover, though. He had to move, and he had to do it now.

The pink-clad boy still had two shots left in his rifle. As such, he made a run for it along the street, running on the opposite side of the buildings from his opponent. As he did, he fired his last two ice rounds, before stopping behind the decrepit hotel. Expecting for his opponent to move in for close quarters combat any moment, Razz switched Rozhe back to blade form. Time for fightin'!

(Two shots at 5%, same as before.)

(Aura at 96%)

My good ole AMA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 08:48:14 AM »
Cobe saw his opponent's plan, and ran along side him, sadly, this left him wide open to the Ice Shots, he took a nasty hit on his left knee, and fell over.

Going down meant he avoided the second shot, however, he also managed to launch a Gravity Dust Spread, meaning that a couple of small gravity vortexes would (hopefully, at least) suck him up and do major damage.

(Gravity Dust = - 5% Aura)
(Vortexes = -3% Aura per second (if caught) Vortexes last 8 seconds each)

(Aura = 90%)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:28:35 PM by SonicCraftX »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 10:35:54 AM »
While he didn't get hit directly, Razz did suffer from the vortexes' presence. One of his legs was pulled into one, dealing some damage. Still, he reacted quickly. Using the momentum provided by the vortex itself, Razz flung himself out of its grasp, utilizing it to scale the wall next to himself. It would have looked really cool, too, if it weren't for the fact that his landing involved falling flat on his face.

Razz had to switch back to Rozhe's rifle form once more, having gained the high ground. Kind of. Depends on how you define 'gained'. it was more so that he fell face-first into it.

The boy placed a fire dust cartridge in his rifle, the last dust ammo he had on him. He looked over the side of the roof and dealt two shots before taking cover again.

(Both shots are 6%, fire damage is negligible at this range.)

(Aura at 87%)

My good ole AMA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »
Cobe had barely just got up, when he had to avoid more things and somehow, well, by pulling a miracle out of nowhere, he managed to (barely just) avoid both shots before falling down again. He switched Cobalt Dawn to Sword mode and waited. Time for a stake out.

(OOC: Posts edited, can't break RWBY logic.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:27:17 PM by SonicCraftX »

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 03:55:32 PM »
(Aura protects any and all physical damage. You just feel the pain from hits.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 02:11:33 AM »
Razzy's opponent was behind cover again, and didn't seem too keen on moving out at the moment. Razz paused for a moment, before taking a few steps back from the edge of the building. He then ran forwards, jumping off the ledge. The pink-clad boy pointed Rozhe downwards and fired once, the blast from the dust allowing him to keep his momentum just long enough to grab onto the side of the roof on the opposite building.

Razz pulled his body up, now having two shots left in his rifle. He rushed to the side of the building once again, aimed down at his opponent and fired, then switching to Rozhe's blade form once more.

(8% Aura damage from both shots at this range. Fire dust will likely heat things up.)

My good ole AMA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 12:09:28 PM »
Cobe poked his head up just in time, well, to get hit by a fire shot, he managed to block the other one. He ran under the building using his Semblance and relased some Steam Dust under the building, and it started to smoke, Cobe then fled from under the building and fired a shot at it,  blowing it sky high.

(Explosion = Same as last time: - 5% Aura + Temporarily Blinding)
(Building Damage: Fall = -10% + Trapped Temporarily)

(Aura = 82%)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:56:08 PM by SonicCraftX »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »
(Just noticed- Cobe's aura should be at 82%. He was at 90% and took one shot for 8% depletion.)

Razz saw his opponent fire his dust round, and knew he couldn't stay on this roof for long. Luckily, he was already ready for melee combat. As his opponent fired, Razz had gotten onto the very edge of the rooftop, weapon held behind himself. He leaped off as his opponent moved back and fired. Razz was hit by the blast, but not enough to ruin his course. He landed somewhat decently on the ground below, the building getting wrecked behind him as he went into a roll.

The pink-clad boy, smiling once more as he got into the fight for real, charged his opponent. Cobe was quite a bit taller than Razz, and the boy used that as an advantage as he lunged at his foe. Razzy's first attack was a slash aimed at his opponent's upper body, but his second slash was a cheeky stab at his lower body.

(Slash is 5% damage, stab is 8%)

(Aura at 82%)

My good ole AMA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »
Cobe had predicted his opponent would go for his lower body, he had always learnt to have a Plan B. He blocked the slash and, by way of Semblance, leaped over the second slash, but he got his foot clipped by the blade, thankfully, that was part of his plan.

He started spinning horizontally and tried to slice his opponent, he managed two rotations, before leaping backwards and preparing for a defensive stance.

(Each Slice = -5% Aura)
(Aura = 82%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 08:11:46 AM »
(His semblance takes a lot out of him, right? Just checking, since your sheet still mentions using aura.)

Razz hadn't expected his foe to dodge both attacks so efficiently, and Cobe's movement was much too fast for him to follow. As such, Razz took one of the slashes directly, just narrowly deflecting the second attack with his sword. The force of the blow knocked him back son, but not off his feet.

The pink-clad boy spun around to face his opponent, now in a defensive position. Razzy had to think. Clearly, just regular slashes wouldn't work. He had to get creative. The boy went for another lunge, seemingly going for a stab at his opponent's midsection, only to faint at the last second. Instead, he brought his blade to the side, intending to strike his arm with a clean slash. As he did so, Razz ducked low to avoid any potential wide swings, as well as swiftly move behind his foe.

My good ole AMA