Author Topic: The Lonely Road [Shard INC] [Closed]  (Read 23959 times)

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Road [Shard INC] [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 11:33:45 PM »
"Oy, you group of maniacs, geddup!" Willow shouts as the representative started to talk, causing him to wince. Lowering the volume a bit, the leader berates his men and starts getting them to shift towards the vehicles while the representative sighs. "Sorry about him, he's a bit loud but... he's a good man, helped us out of some tight straights already. Anyways, the, uh, plan sounds fine to me, Miss Sienna. Either way, feel free to board your chosen vehicle with the men, or in your case Mr Vermillion, bring your vehicle out the front, and we'll get going. If you three will follow me over then..."

The men take their positions, three of the men hopping into the jeep as one shouts 'shotgun!', making the other two grumble loudly. Two flop, somewhat defeated, onto the back seats while the other hops into the front seat, leaving a few seats in the backseat with the two or a trip on the jeep itself. The last man heads into the truck's side seat, and the scientist climbs into the back of the truck, sitting among the crated merchandise. The truck is sizable, and the jeep is fairly well armored with two rows of seats behind the front. Willow slides into the driver seat, flicking the engine into gear as people start getting ready for the journey.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:36:53 PM by Glow »
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 11:09:30 PM »
Brook nodded thoughtfully, hearing the logic behind their choice of vehicle and agreeing with an affirmative. "Mhm." to each team member that replied. "Alright then, Revya, go get whatever it is you're riding. Just make sure to stick close to the caravan and don't wander off." She instructed the one member of the team that would be on their own on the journey. "You two," She addressed the AI and her companion, "Keep an eye on the men in the jeep. Keep them safe and make sure we're all headed in the right direction. Call out on your scrolls if something's off.". Brook pat Revya on the shoulder before finally moving to look up at Mike. "And you, big guy? You're with me... and if you ever call me ma'am again, I'm gonna have to make you drop and give me two hundred." She laughed, punching him 'lightly' on the chest with the side of her closed fist. True he was much larger than her but her faunus strength gave her enough force to feel unusually strong for a girl her size and build... which honestly was muscular enough as is. "I ain't your boss, Mike. Now, move it!" She yelled, getting pumped up and shaking her fists hanging at her sides like a boxer would as she walked to the vehicles, hopping up lithely into the back of the truck.
Zora Akash - The Sunset Scholar - First Year - Team PENDING

Elidyr Vulcan - The Copper Creator - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Running Brook Sienna - The Purple Pugilist - Fourth Year - Team PENDING

Ashelynne Campbell - The Sapphire Sleeper - First Year - Team PENDING

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 12:54:35 AM »
Michael felt the thud of her fist hitting his breastplate. He just looked down at the spot where her hand hit, pausing for a brief second. "Chalk it up to force of habit. Better to be overly formal than disrespectful." he said, following Brook toward the truck. He did not exactly share the same enthusiasm as her. He was just here to help, not for the excitement.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 10:30:47 PM »
Revya gave a wide smile though it remained obscured from view. He then nodded to Brook and dashed back out the door he came in excitedly before revving could be heard as he put Ladybug in gear and drove around to the other side at speeds that were likely too fast to be safe for an area he was unfamiliar with. He did find where he was supposed to be quickly and sat on his bike for a moment looking over the vehicles. Coming up with improvements in his head.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 01:15:03 PM »
The Atlesian was quick to give a nod and move for the jeep, drawing his rifle before taking a seat in the back. The trip shouldn't be that difficult, so long as nothing kept them off course. If they wound up outside of CCT range, keeping route could be tricky, still doable.

"We should have taken the truck. I don't like open air vehicular travel, it messes with my form." the AI stated, huffing as she crossed her arms.

"We'll be fine. Besides, a little fresh air never hurt." he replied with a light smile. They should be fine, four training hunters and a couple of Mercs protecting a group of corporates. There wasn't much they couldn't deal with, in theory.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 02:21:55 AM »
"Right then, let's bloody well get movin' already!" With the command barked out, the convoy headed out through the opened warehouse, and set down for what was a long journey ahead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been around a day after the journey's start that the convoy had parked itself in a small clearing. The forest around was fairly thick, but thankfully the bright sunlight provided a good measure of vision into the plantlife all around. Willow had been firm on the convoy going through the night and resting at day while they had the luxury of doing so, despite the troubles it could bring to sleep; after all, it was much easier to spot trouble when you could actually see it coming.

There was a small camp set up, tents and sleeping bags dotted around, with a few people on watch; most of the group were awake by now, barring the more fragile representative and his aide, as the convoy was set to pack up again in an hour or so to start moving again. Barring a few wandering Beowolves, there hadn't been particularly much to write home about so far - the convoy had passed unharmed so far, with the only action being a few gunshots as the Grimm foolhardy and inexperienced enough to know the danger had taken their luck and fell short. Willow was walking around the tents, making sure all of his men were up, while the students had been set to look over the perimeter - fully awake or not - while everyone else was dragged back to their positions. All in all, it had been a peaceful, if slightly boring trip so far.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunger. Scent. Curiosity. Prey? A bone-white tongue darted out, briefly tasting the air before returning into the inky blackness it came from. It's keen eyes roamed from its position in the dense undergrowth, slowly glancing around its claimed territory. Something had disturbed it from its rest, and that something was oh so tempting, so bright, so easily snuffed out.

Light barks echoed around it, and it felt annoyance - they should know better. A snapping of jaws and a whimper later, the barks quickly moved away, in the direction of the scent. Always wiser to sense the danger first. It would get it's hunt either way.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:23:51 AM by Glow »

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 05:11:20 AM »
If I ever get my hands on Willow's neck, I don't think I'll let go. Brook thought, well, yelled in her head. She was exhausted from a whole night of travel and the truck barely afforded much sleep. Too rumbly and shaky. That plus there wasn't an excess of space in the truck bed. Still, she was glad to get to stretch her legs and breath the fresh air for a while, even if she WAS tired. Right now, she was standing on a tree branch ten feet off the ground, staff holstered behind her with a hand against the trunk to support herself. From up there, her faunus eyes scounted the area, looking for tracks of curious grimm or maybe even wild animals.

"Foul mood in the camp's not gonna do us any favor when it comes to grimm." She tsk'd, looking around at her team, spread out around the clearing perimeter. Looking at the closest student, about fifty feet away and below her, she called out. "See anything, Juno?!"

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 10:21:46 AM »
The one benefit of travelling in such heavy armor is that you can sleep wherever you like. Everywhere is padded. Subsequently, Michael was not incredibly tired when it came to keeping watch. With seemingly nothing out there, he was rather relaxed as he was leaning against a tree on the opposite side of the clearing to Juno and Brook. I was expecting a little more to do, but at least it is rather serene out here. he thought, taking a second to drink in the calm atmosphere.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 10:33:53 AM »
The suspension on the jeep was ass. The lack of a roof turned out to make the situation a bit more than ass, and his position as navigator left the young man devoid of sleep. Sure, he got a powernap here and there, but damn, did the flat back in Vale sound great right about now. Nevertheless, he remained attentive, his rifle in hand as he scoped out the perimeter.

Did he see anything? Not really. Low light was never good for humans. Nevertheless, he and Phi did have a remedy. It only took a flick of his hand to construct a disk, the bright green light of the construct beneath his fingertips illuminating the area around him. The young man squinted into the brush, his gun handy as he edged closer. He could have sworn he saw something in the underbrush, though whether it was just the lack of sleep getting to him or not remained to be seen. Nevertheless, he remained wary as he visually scanned the area, slowly striding backward toward the camp.

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 03:42:02 PM »
(Permission given by arcus to skip)

Finally rousing the men, all still half-asleep, Willow gave a cheery grin. "Right, you bunch of slackers, you're lettin' our esteemed help outperform you by miles! Get'n with your jobs, you bunch of lazy asses." He exclaimed, pushing one particularly reluctant soldier into the storage tent to grab his weapon. Taking a deep breath, he glanced around the campsite, giving a thumbs up at any of the hunters who looked over at him, and headed over to their designated head, Brook.

"So, gal, you see anythin' rustling around the place?" The man questioned, squinting to try and see the huntress in the early morning shade.

Faint sounds slowly grew louder, before becoming silent again, the only noises being faint shuffling of the campsite members and the swaying of bushes to the light breeze. Everything appeared calm-

A twig snapped loudly, followed by an unusual movement of undergrowth at an angle from the first. There was a moment, and then another, suspense drawing on as Willow slowly drew his revolver, motioning to his men. Too much noise and the ever-so-thin silence could be broken. All they needed to do was-

"M-morning, everyone!"

Barking and howling suddenly broke out as the source of the sound yelped loudly, fleeing back into his tent as Beowolves broke out of their hiding spots, running towards the camp.

ecksdeeeXD

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 08:56:24 AM »
Brook noticed the commotion and looked over her shoulder, chuckling lightly at Willow yelling at his men again. Why did it seem like non-huntsmen soldiers were always so... inefficient. Like grunts from a video game that the ten year old hero beats up. Meh, probably just biased towards huntresses anyway. As the man approached, Brook was silently thankful that she deemed to wear pants rather than a skirt, looking down at Willow from her perch atop the tree branch.

"Nothing, so far, though you can never be sure with grimm. They like to sneak up on ya in hordes." She said, looking up at the sky to check for nevermore before continuing her conversation. "Well, sky's clear. I guess that means land's the only-" She froze, drawing her staff at the same time that Willow drew his gun. "Guys. We have trouble." She said calmly into her scroll's earpiece as the silence was broken and the grimm attacked.

"Dammit! This is what you get for yelling at your men, Willow!" Brook bellowed at the man below her, extending her staff and leaning forwards, staying stiff as a board and falling headfirst, landing with the butt of her staff straight into a beowolf's spine, slamming it into the earth.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
The yelling did not do much to get Michael's attention. Just a man using his authority to yell at his grunts whenever possible. Unsurprising, if a little annoying. What got Michael's attention was the commotion caused by the beowolves. He took a firm grasp of his shield and moved from the tree, looking back toward the camp. Cursing under his breath, he sprinted back toward the rest of the group from the other side of the clearing, his frame keeping him slower than the other students.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 12:04:10 AM »
Revya had been on the other end of the perimeter to the other students leaning against Ladybug. Once he heard the Beowolves entering the camp his passive form sprung into action. In 5 seconds he had gotten to his feet and gotten onto Ladybug. One second later the engine was roaring and the blade of Scarlet Slicer was in his hand. Then with a short revving of the engine the bike took off. Revya drove about the camp woth his sword swinging at any Beowolves he passed.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 07:57:05 PM »
So. As it turned out, Juno wasn't crazy.

He was just unlucky.

As he strode back to camp, some moron had made enough of a ruckus to spook whatever had been lurking through the underbrush. As it turned out, in his attempt at scouting, the young man narrowly avoided a pack of hidden Beowolves. "Fils de pute..." he muttered under his breath as he trained his rifle on the nearest target, loosing three searing hot energy rounds into the beast's midsection... Only to continue firing until it had collapsed, its body riddled in holes and burns.

"More targets approaching from the south side. Set up a firing line around everything important."

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 08:20:21 PM »
"I'll 'ave you know that-" Willow curses, having to quickly dodge out of the way of the falling huntress as she guillotined one beowolf, following up with a short burst of rounds from his firearm at another target. "...that we refer to such as 'helpful motivation'!" The man finishes, the fire-dust bullets impacting on a beowolf and causing flames to flicker over its body, driving it backwards. Taking a second to breathe, he takes aim with the wide-barreled sidearm at the oncoming rush of Grimm before letting loose.

A bit to the east, several beowolves, taken by surprise from the sudden interruption of their attack are quickly dispatched from the mounted charge or the blunt force of the cycle itself, yelping in pain as the high-speed hunter moves through the outskirts of the camp. However, not letting the same movement take them by surprise on the way-back, several instead try leaping at the cycle or any threats as they pass by.

This results in several jumping face-first at Michael's shield as he charges forward.

Several of the soldiers finally hastened enough by the urgency of the situation move out of their tents, halting for a moment in surprise as Juno rapidly takes out the nearest enemy. The three men look at each other for a few moments. Hearing Juno's command, they awkwardly glance for their usual source of instruction, before returning to their prior formation of awkward shuffling. There's a brief pause.

"He... sounds like he knows what he's doing." one of them states, receiving two startled stares at the break in their contemplation, before another shrugs. Drawing their weapons, they move up to the hunter as more lurking foes emerge from the trees.