Author Topic: Beacon's Clone Crisis (non canon)  (Read 8165 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Beacon's Clone Crisis (non canon)
« on: October 15, 2016, 07:35:48 AM »
So in short i watched this and had the actual arc explained to me and thought it would be a cool idea to apply to rwbyfanon.

Everyone on the Beacon campus has had a clone of them created that combat wise was designed as a perfect duplicate of their capabilities and then their powers were enhanced so that they surpassed the original. Their creator has now set these clones upon Beacon with the intention of destroying it.

So this is basically a fun way for us to have Beacon students outright killing eachother in a battle that spans the entire campus without pesky things such as motivations behind it. A campus wide civil war would be good but then i would have to come up with a reason behind it. plus clones mean that we can have multiple battles with the same character. Also the clones superiority to the original is only a minor adjustment and is only there to prevent someone from killing their own clone as mirror matches are no fun.

Rules.

For combat we will be using the Vytal tournament rules in that damage for each strike must be given when the strike is written and if your opponent doesn't post within 2 days autohits will be applied. There will not be disqualifications though. If your opponent abandons thread feel free to keep posting autohit attacks every 2 days until they are dead.

Every character involved has a clone of them and the player is responsible for both their character and their clone.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Beacon's Clone Crisis (non canon)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:22:55 AM »
Throwing in all my characters if possible. Especially Ophelia.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 09:28:15 AM »
I'd like to keep it to students because otherwise Ophelia's clone will just wind up wiping out all of Beacon. Alban would also be no fun. Also are you sure you can handle that many characters at once? also also why would Amethyst be at Beacon?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:30:49 AM by arcus_gray »
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 09:31:20 AM »
Ophelia is a Beacon student. Kind of. So no Amy or Astrid.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:36:16 AM by Asterisk »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »
I'm trying to think if anyone at Beacon would stand any chance of beating Ophelia's clone. I won't outright refuse it but it won't be any fun if she can just crush everyone. I have no problem with the others though.

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 09:40:07 AM »
It'll just be Ophelia vs Ophelia.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »
Did you read the full idea? the clones are slightly superior to the originals to discourage mirror matches.

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 12:32:31 PM »
I'm gonna throw in Ismael Skhaos and Carmine Rodwell.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 12:40:01 PM »
You already know this but Arashi Kusanagi, Finn Gawain and Mirabelle Loire.

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 12:49:23 PM »
Since Azrail is hospitalized, Drevin is boring, Rix is in the process of losing Tess, Brond is too powerful, and t17 isn't clone-applicable at the moment, I'll just sign up Enz for this. And yes, I am intentionally putting canon limitations on a non-canon event because I don't want to RP everyone.
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless
Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind
Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »
So would these clones have the same exact gear as the original?
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 02:58:59 PM »
Right. No Ophelia clone. What about abilities that characters don't show? For example, Stella is the most skilled out of all my characters with use of a firearm. However, she dislikes using them. Also, I assume in this plot everybody doesn't have everybody on speed-dial?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 03:41:36 PM by Asterisk »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 11:30:43 PM »
I think i forgot to mention this in the original post but the clones are only physical clones. How closely their personality matches the original is up to the author. They could be almost indistinguishable or completely different. So clone Stella may have no qualms about using her skills or may still only use them as a last resort.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 12:52:55 AM »
It's time for Jack Pettibone to meet an Angel of his better nature.

I'm gonna make y'all cry in a non-canon thread.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 01:09:45 AM »
Also to answers kingofchaos yes the clones have the original's gear.