Author Topic: New Buds [Closed]  (Read 32795 times)

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
Re: New Buds [Closed]
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2017, 05:31:53 AM »
"Yes, I suppose it would provide us with the advantage. Most if not all of our efforts should be concentrated here when the come, the less that make it up here, the less damage we take and the less casualties." Jadyn nodded absently, mentally patting herself on the back for thinking so logically, normally she was just the brawn.

After thinking for a moment, she shook her head at Nathan's inquiry. "No, that's about it. Let's head North. I'm sure your friend will catch up. At least he better." Not really waiting for any further input, she started walking along the cliff's edge to the right, the Northern forests her destination.

Mauve blinked a bit at Russell's strategy. Well, they already had two strategists on the team, it was okay. He did bring up some fair points but not all of his points were really too solid. The slightly hesitant faces of the military leaders in front would say the same.

"Well," she started, "it would be quite a feat to calm the villagers down when we and they possess the knowledge that the Acean's returning is a certainty. Anything we could say would ultimately be a lie, one that wouldn't be too good considering the villagers are pretty well-informed of the reason they have to pack up." Thinking it over again, she added, "or just meaningless filler. And about the Grimm, perhaps it's just them coming back knowing that it's an easy target? Either way, reassurance will do nothing at this point."

"The medics are our next stop," Mauve confirmed. "We'll see if they need our assistance, though to be honest the supplies shack is on the clinic grounds and I would assume the visiting Valish troops brought extra..." She trailed off and looked inquisitively for confirmation from the two men standing in front of them. They nodded in reply. "Mmm. I don't suspect we could do much there though, it may seem cruel but we can do nothing to help the ones that are too far gone, nor is that our job. They have medics and we may worsen the problem, no? Our focus will be to help people evacuate. The less people that remain, the better." Accompanying her strong words, if you payed close enough attention, was an iron-sharp undertone, bordering on cold. She was leader for a reason...

"Your fire idea is... interesting." Mauve's eyes seemed to twinkle as she smirked haughtily. "Isolated and controlled fire at the borders, not in the trees please, razing the ecosystem is not something I set out to do." Jack laughed at this, finding her quite funny. "Precautions must be taken. Ice dust bordering... it seems interesting, though high risk. I don't know. Really, the only thing that I request is that you help with the Aceans when they come, right off the bat, focus there and keep people on the borders guarding. When a threat comes, then some dealing with the Aceans can move."

The general nodded gruffly. "Agreeable plan, that fire idea will be... discussed further among us." Switching his gaze to Russell, he asked, "What if something does come in from the East though? As the boy said. Your plan for that?"

Mauve hesitated. "It depends on what the threat is, for now, undecided. We will come back later with more input from the teammates scouting, they will be the main strategists. We came here mostly to hear what your plan was." She looked at Russell for any additional thoughts.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2017, 06:44:57 PM »
Ismael sighs as he finds that all was what it seemed, there was nothing that screamed, "I'm suspicious!", yet Ismael wished he found something like that. It would take the edge off of what he feels to be worry, anxiousness, and many other strange feelings. He lets out another sigh as he finally reaches the wall again. His anxiousness slowly creeps nearer and nearer as he finds himself not being useful in these situations, he's never been the best at devising a battle plan, he's never found himself able to comprehend a situation beyond: "I must do what I must". He climbs upon the wall again and rests near his rifle, waiting for someone to tell him the game plan.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2017, 04:22:58 PM »
Nathan followed suit, not having anything else to add or ask.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2017, 04:18:53 PM »
Russell wasn't disheartened by their initial speculation of this plan. He had just thrown it together. But he did worry that they hadn't been as up close with Grimm as he was a young child but then again maybe it was time to get rid of those old childhood fears of them. But he was older; what about the kids who hadn't yet matured?

"Understood, ma'am. And General sir, I apologize that my plan isn't fully there. I'm not usually the stragestist on my team, but like I said, I will not break. My duty as Huntsman-in-training is to learn from your lead and never falter in my decisions. I might've just met Mauve and the rest of my team, but I hope I can prove valuable to you as well.," Russell passionately said.

He felt almost out of body and he was just waiting for Mauve to make him shut up. He then clutched the necklace he received from his mother before he began his training at Atlas. Russell then refocused on the General as he knew that the reaction would tell him if the General believed in him.
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2017, 06:09:23 AM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
 Really really really really sorry for this post coming almost a month late, school started and, well, yeah. Posting may be reserved for weekends/Friday from now on, with the occasional weekday post when I'm not too swamped.

"Alright," said Jadyn, gesturing randomly at the growth on their left. "North side. Forest. Trees, fairly closely packed, mostly deciduous, that's what it's called right? Haven't learned about useless stuff like that in a while. Yeah so uh, there should be enough space for the smaller Grimm, lesser ones. Don't be expecting like a Taijitu or one of those other big ones that I can't be bothered to remember."

She looked around again, focusing mostly behind her. What she saw-or rather didn't see-seemed to tick her off. She huffed in annoyance. "Where is that eccentric friend of yours? I don't remember wandering around and doing absolutely nothing of use in the mission description."

The general smiled lightly. "No worries kid, not everyone's a strategist. You'll do fine I think, but in the future I advise you to focus a little more on tactical aspects." He crossed his arms and continued, "Whether or not you're amazing at it, some knowledge would benefit you." In the background, Jack was rocking on the balls of his feet, nodding along to his father.

Mauve was about to say her farewells when she remembered something that'd certainly help later on. "Oh, pardon me, I almost forgot to ask for you contact information. In case we need to communicate at all during the mission?" The three (Jack included) traded numbers and there was that solved. "I'll text if I need any orders given out, such as to retreat or focus somewhere. Or evacuate to the center."

"We'll take our leave then, General." Mauve gave the man a shallow bow, smiling her default soft charming style, the one with just a hint of doll-like compliance. "Mr. Omhiaba is certainly very thankful for your trust and belief in our ability, as am I. We will take your advice to heart."

She lightly guided Russell's seemingly kind of nervous self away from the barracks and towards the clinic. The movement he'd made earlier, touching that necklace, hadn't escaped her gaze. More often than not, those things were caused by either familiarity, habit, or emotional attachment. She wondered which one it was. And how exactly it could help her understand him more. But there was a good chance it'd seem intrusive, so Mauve simply bookmarked that particular detail for later reference.

"Well, I can see the Atlas in you," she commented lightly as the two walked towards the clinic. "It's very apparent..."
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2017, 04:23:14 PM »
Ismael held his gun and brought it to his cheek as he stared down its scope and waited for...something. He pulls the bolt back and let the round slide forward and let the bullet lock into the chamber. His eye began to glow and letting out electricity. And his aura started to flow as he focused the keep his sight focused and even try and have his vision tunnel and enhance his sight line to pick up any movement as he prepared. Maybe he might need to fight before anyone can talk to him. He will have to see what comes first.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
Nathan listened as Jadyn gave further info about their surroundings, absentmindedly nodding when she rhetorically asked whether the correct term was deciduous or not. Still following her, he looked at the underbrush and general state of the forest's edge himself, finding his guide to be absolutely correct.

When she asked him a question for real this time, he made a brief 360 scan of the area before turning back to her. "No idea. Knowing him, he's either keeping an eye out for Grimm or helping people out. He's usually less of a thinking type and more of a doing one."
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2017, 06:21:20 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
My bad y'all. Exams and quizzes are popping up this year and this is my senior year. I'm sticking to the group though.

"Thank you, ma'am. It's only been a couple of weeks since I've been at Atlas, but it feels like ages," Russell exclaimed, relieved that the general and Jack were gone. "My only regret is that I didn't make a better impression. I wonder if my plan was just too vague or ill-informed. Ugh, I'm not a long-term strategist."

His teachings from Atlas discouraged rough housing and joking in times of terror, but Russell knew that if he wasn't anything but content, he could very well level the mainland. It didn't help that he still wasn't sure where Mauve stood on him. So in hoping to get at least a smile out of her, Russell remembers his father and replies, "My dad always said I was smart, but only on pure instinct. Not foresight. He said I should never have a 5 year plan, instead stick to a 5 second plan.." Not one to bring up his father, Russell caught himself a little bit, but the joke was funny to him in a self-aware sense.
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."