Author Topic: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]  (Read 41886 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2017, 03:11:24 AM »
After taking a few moments to pull himself free from the swamps murky grasp Calen made his way back to solid ground and ran quickly back towards his team and the creature. Following his own steps Calen made it without any more accidents as he blazed through his team. Trusting their impromptu leader to be able to take first hit at least Calen moved to assist Teddy's counter attack. 'I'll try to give you an opening for the counter.' Calen called out to Teddy. 'Your axe should do more damage than my blade.' Making a show of going to the still falling creature's left Calen rapidly changed direction, tunnelling for the Grimm's right side. Hoping that the bright reds and golds of his sword would catch the beast's attention even if the rest of his outfit merged with his surroundings Calen aimed to get behind their opponent as it landed and open up on it's exposed legs.

A strange sensation flowed over Calen, dulling the ordinary rush of battle. It suddenly dawned on him that sooner or later both Helena and Cobe would be unload range attacks on to their foe with Teddy and himself nearby. Not being used to fighting along side range combatants this was a new feeling and wasn't one that Calen was enjoying. Helena's bow should be fine particularly with it's size but he was worried about what Cobe was going to pull out. And what is Malina doing? Calen thought to himself. His gaze didn't leave the creature however as the boy was unwilling to break his concentration to waste time looking for their teacher.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:17:11 AM by Kingnoname1 »
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 06:24:46 AM »
As the beast started hurtling towards the main group, Helena readied another arrow, this one augmented with Ice Dust. However, before she could nock it, her leader shouted at her to go left, which she immediately did, barely taking the time to watch her footing before leaping away from the Grimm's vicious claws. However, when she turned back, the it seemed extremely focused on evisverating the other members of her team, so she took the opportunity to freeze it, even if temporarily, by pulling Artemis taut before aiming right for its chest and releasing her grasp.

(1 Kinetic and 1 Ice remaining)
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »
Perfect.

As the creature turned away from Cobe, a click sound could be heard, he had finally finished loading up. Slotting his Steam Dust dispenser in, he ran towards the beast.

"HEY UGLY!"

Cobe then dispensed his steam dust, and covered the beast in Steam Dust, before running back about 5 feet. He then fired a Fire Dust Crystal into the cloud.

"GET BACK OR GET DOWN! I DON'T CARE WHICH!"

He warned his team, mere seconds before the Steam Cloud exploded, Cobe then lept into a tree and took shelter for a while.

(2 Fire Crystals and 85% Steam Dust Remaining)
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
The creature fell back slightly as the arrow embedded itself into its chest, sending a wave of ice over it. As it landed behind Teddy, it's claws made quick work of the ice, shredding it to pieces and only pausing when Cobe ran up to it, causing it swipe quickly at the boy as he ran away, nicking him on his back and causing him to stumble before regaining himself and taking aim once again toward the Grimm.

A younger Grimm may have stayed to see what the human boy was doing. A younger Grimm may have ignored the misty substance that the humans called Dust. Unfortunately for the four young hunters in training, this was not a young Grimm and these were not the first humans it had fought.

The beast sprung upward into the air a split second before Cobe could pull the trigger, letting the crystal slam into the pile of overturned trees behind it. The crystal let out a smaller explosion that was quickly snuffed out by the damp wood and air around it. Meanwhile, the Grimm was coming back down toward the ground and as it did, it observed the field for just a hair of a second before slammed down, fists first, in front of Calen and his flashing sword.

The beast quickly brought up one arm and slammed it down into the muck in front of Calen, causing a wave of swamp water and mud to shoot up toward the boy, before swinging its left hand toward the boy in a horizontal sweep, claws bared.

UNKNOWN GRIMM: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »
Teddy was certainly right about one thing. The creature did not try to follow them both. Teddy bounced across the ground as the beast sent him flying across the marsh, landing face-down in the thick muck. When he finally got his head up and wiped off his eyes, the beast was above him, ready to make him an afterthought. In this situation, a traditional leader would have some sort of strategy in place to take advantage of the situation. Maybe aim for the creature's underside as it loomed overhead. Maybe try to bring the legs down in order to limits their mobility. But maybe, just maybe, it was time to ditch all strategy and run like hell. The third option appealed to Teddy in the moment.

Teddy got up and used his semblance to sprint as fast as possible from the creature, turning and sliding in order to assess the situation. The beast had some noticeable traces left from previous attacks. A bit of ice was on its chest. That one must have been Helena. She probably helped me get out. Teddy thought, quickly looking over to his teammate. The rest of the beast was covered in something he couldn't quite place. It seemed like some kind of fog...Cobe used the steam dust. Cobe was going to use the steam dust and kill him right there on the ground. Cool.

Now, Calen seemed to be in a bit of trouble. The best strategy seemed to be splitting the beast's attention and peppering it with ranged attacks. To that end, Teddy brought his weapon back up and started unloading rounds, hoping to lead it back down the walking path. If he and Calen could keep it distracted, Helena and Cobe could fire at it until it fell. "Calen! By me!" he yelled, firing toward the Grimm's head.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 11:57:35 PM »
The cold chill that accompanied both Cobe and Helena's attacks set Calen's teeth chattering as the boy hacked away at their opponent. Moving forward Calen almost caught himself in the Grimm's downward slam but managed to roll out of the strike just before impact. It did however put Calen too close to dodge the creatures following swipe. Taking the hit on his chest Calen felt the wind blast out of his lungs and barely avoid a coughing fit as he gripped tight around the beast's arm. Still needing to use his semblance to avoid being flung into the swamp Calen quickly raced up the creature's arm. Eager for some revenge Calen leapt off around it's shoulder for a brutal slice at the Grimm's neck before falling clear.

Caught up in the rush of combat Calen momentarily forgot about both the softer ground of a swamp and it's far muddier makeup. Rolling to protect his still sore knee Calen crashed shoulder first into the soft peat and struggled to get back to his feet. Managing to pull himself mostly out of the muck Calen was still covered with the stuff and slowly making his way around back to Teddy in response to their leaders yelling. Furious but Calen did manage to keep it under control as he set up in a defensive stance by Teddy. Unwilling to use his knives in the swamp Calen's offensive options where limited if everyone was simply going to rain range attacks on their foe so instead Calen busied himself with cleaning up.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 07:15:44 AM »
As the beast kept fighting the more close-range members of her team, Helena waited for the right moment to strike. Cobe seemed to... shower it in Dust? before trying to ignite it and missing, somewhat thankfully when you take Teddy's proximity to the beast at the time into account.

There, the Grimm was far enough from her teammates now to safely ignite the Dust. She popped a Fire augment on the arrow she was holding before nocking it, aiming and firing, leading the shot towards where the beast would charge.

(1 Kinetic, 1 Ice, 1 Fire remaining)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:37:37 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »
The explosion rocked the nearby trees, sending the small gatherings of rainwater that had built up on their branches to be sent careening outward and onto the already wet marshy ground of the swamp. Far in the back, Malina grimaced slightly as the sound blasted past her. The voices of the man and woman who inhabited the Grimm's roars before now let out a sound of pain, piercing through the low boom of the explosion.

As the smoke cleared, the Grimm stood, slouched over, with both fists planted firmly in the muck below it. Another ear splitting roar of pain came as it lifted its arms and slammed them down into the ground once again. It's once pure black fur was now singed and patchy, giving way to a burned and callused black skin underneath. It looked quickly toward Calen, who had just finished moving to Teddy, and held its gaze there for a moment before crouching down even further, put its weight on its back legs, and shoot up into the air away from the group and back to the area it had attacked from. The cracking of several trees could be heard as it made its descent, followed by more as it made another leap away.

UNKNOWN GRIMM: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

(No more posting order for now)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2017, 07:48:28 PM »
Tensing up as the Grimm glared at him Calen got into a low stance ready to leap forward exploit it's repeated leaping about. As the creature shot upwards Calen started to move forward only for the beast to shoot out of his reach in moments. Stabilising himself by extending the haft of his glaive into the mud Calen kept his footing and continued to flake the now dry muck, courtesy of Helena's explosion, off himself. A few deep breaths didn't do much to calm his temper but Calen knew the last thing they needed was his going off and managed to keep his lid on for now. Instead Calen turned to the rest of the party and gave a strained grin. 'Well that wasn't in my textbook, does that mean we get to name it? I vote for Fluffy.' Calen remarked as he walked back to retrieve his pole, glaive still in hand.

Only walking a few steps Calen stopped and turned around. 'Has anyone seen Miss Nahualli?' Calen asked, possibly purposely mispronouncing 'Nahualli' to be more like 'narwhal.' 'I haven't seen her since the fight started.' Breathing slightly hard and pain still flowing from his chest, Calen knew he hadn't performed particularly well in their first fight. Still it would be quite a while before they reached Jackson and hopefully Calen would find a way to constructively express himself before then.

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
"I would remind you that I am simply shadowing your group, mister Shrike." Malina said as she stepped out from the thin brush she had stayed behind during the fight, scroll in hand and a somewhat annoyed look on her face. "Although if you'd prefer I held your hand through the entire mission, I'm sure that can be arranged." Without waiting for a response, she turned to the other three and held up her scroll. "He does have a point about the Grimm though. That wasn't anything I'd ever seen." The screen showed an amateur photo of the Grimm taken halfway through a turn as it was turning to face Helena. Helena, Cobe, and Teddy stood in the foreground, Helena with her hand on her bow fresh from firing, and Cobe and Teddy readying for the, admittedly, short fight. The Grimm stood hulking in the background with Calen just barely in the frame to the left.

"I was trying to put up a thread on the den to ask some others on there about it," Malina said, referring to the Hunter's Den, a forum that many professional hunters and huntresses use to communicate information to and with each other. "but I couldn't get any signal." She slid her scroll into its pouch by her side. "Which spells bad news for Jackson..." Her words came out slow and thoughtfully as if she were trying to figure out whether or not she should be telling them even though the words were already coming out of her mouth.

"Unfortunately now we have more than one problem." She spoke once again in a somewhat annoyed tone, this time unintentional. It was something she had been trying to get rid of for a while but never could kick the habit. "We have two options," she turned to Teddy, "do we head straight to Jackson or do we go after the Grimm?"

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
Cobe landed, quite roughly after his jump, not seeing Teddy until after he spread the Dust, he was somewhat grateful he missed. When the Dust did explode, Cobe was well hidden, and protected successfully from the blast. After finally emerging from the shurbs that hid him, he spoke to his team.

"Firstly Teddy, I apologise for that Steam Dust, I didn't see you there. Now then, I suggest we just head for Jackson, judging from the fact that Grimm could come back at anytime, the more ground we cover now, the better."
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 12:15:41 AM »
Teddy watched the beast sail through the air, a mixture of the explosion and the nightmarish screaming echoing in his ears. As soon as the Grimm was far enough away to feel comfortable, Teddy spit out a bit of muck and rotated his shoulder. Getting knocked halfway across a swamp hurts a bit, if you would believe it. After a brief second, he regained his composure. He did not want to get anyone worried, after all.

"We should go on to Jackson. We have a mission. If there is no major issue, we can try and deal with the Grimm later.
 If there is an issue, the Grimm will find us."
he said, folding his weapon and attaching it to his backpack. He started trying to brush some of the muck off of his pants, but he soon realized it was a fruitless effort and stopped.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 01:40:46 AM »
Malina nodded slowly and added "Well, let's hope we have to find that Grimm again and it doesn't find us then." solemnly. "Well," She began in a slightly more upbeat tone after wiping away some drops of rain from her eyes, "we'd better get a move on then. Take a few moments to get situated, reload, take a breather, whatever you need to do. We move out in five minutes." She turned away from the group and opened her pouch once again to retrieve her scroll. In a quick motion, she expanded it into it's full tablet form and brought up the picture she'd taken. She stared at the sky in the picture, full of dark clouds with no evidence of a bright light behind them just like the sky above and yet...

Malina lowered the scroll and turned around, staring up at the sky through the twisted branches of swamp trees, toward the south. Toward Jackson. The sky was almost identical, full of clouds and dark, and yet far off in the distance, only inches away from being cut off by the tree line above them, the sky had the faintest purple glow. She wouldn't have even noticed it had the Grimm not leapt so high into the air. It was a bright purple, not like that from a sunset, but still almost non-existent.

She looked back toward the scroll, and the sky above the Grimm. Full of cloud, without the faintest hint of any bright light behind them, and perfectly black. Not even the slightest hint of purple. It was entirely possible, she thought, that whatever was making that light had turned on in the middle of the fight. Possible, yes, but only as possible as something not appearing on her scroll even though she can see it herself.

Malina's train of thought was interrupted by a call of "Ready!" from one of the students, she could tell which, and she slid the scroll closed and tucked it into her pouch once more, sealing it tight.

An hour had passed since the Grimm had attacked the group and the rest of the hiking had gone by quietly. 'Well, no.' Malina thought. 'Quietly isn't quite the right word.' No other Grimm had attacked them sure, and Calen's almost clockwork timed jokes killed the silence, sure, but there were other things. The cracking from what Malina assumed couldn't be anything other than the Grimm kept sounding off around them as they made their way through the swamp. Sometimes to their left, sometimes to their right, and sometimes, much to the dismay or annoyance- she wasn't sure which- of Malina, from behind. Always following and yet always just barely too far away to warrant investigation. Malina had kept her hand planted firmly against her staff on her hip most of the way though.

And despite all that, they had made it, more or less, unharmed. The swampy marsh gave way to more firm land and taller trees, which gave way to a less dense forest, which eventually gave way to a large clearly.

Malina raised her eyebrow as she watched each student stop as they reached the treeline and stare up. As she glanced up toward the sky to try to see what they were staring at, she suddenly remembered the purple light in the clouds she'd seen early. And yet when she looked up, her sight was cut off by the dense canopy of the trees above her. She sighed and silently scolded herself for forgetting such an odd thing and moved to the treeline with the rest of the group.

As she broke the treeline, she was finally able to see what the group was staring at. Ahead of her, maybe fifty or so yards away, were the walls of Jackson. Barely visible in the dark, yet there. That wasn't what stopped her dead in her tracks, however. Her eyes followed the walls up. And up. And up. They seemed to reach into the sky taller than any building she'd seen in her life, taller than even the CCT Tower in Beacon. "That's not... normal..." She began to say as her eyes kept moving upward, though the last word trailed off as the walls finally ended and gave way to a bright spot of light in the clouds, seeming to come from within Jackson. The spot seemed to be a mix of bright neon colors, blues, greens, purples, reds, all far too bright and colorful in contrast with the already unsettlingly dark sky around it, which only seemed to get darker the closer to Jackson they had gotten.

"What the hell..." Malina muttered under breath as she, almost absentmindedly, made her way forward to the enormous walls ahead of her, stopping several meters away. Ahead of her was a door. A small door, at least relative to the walls around it, making both it and Malina seem insignificant by comparison. On the wooden door in bold, engraved, and fancy lettering was simply the word "JACKSON" with a small arrow pointing toward the handle. Malina looked back, failing to hide her concern, toward the four students behind her.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 02:26:11 AM »
I'll give you something to fucking hold on to. Calen seethed internally before turning around and giving the teacher a bright smile. 'I was simply worried, Miss Nahualli I meant no offense.' Calen assured Malina, this time correctly pronouncing the name. Using the time to get as much of the muck off his pack as possible Calen quickly set out again. Maintaining a brisk pace as much to annoy the others and cool his own temper as to get to Jackson faster Calen pushed on almost praying for another fight. None came however and as the hours went by Calen's mood soured even more. Luckily he was getting better and better and finding a path so the jokes got less frequent but darker as the march went on.

The jokes started to serve a second purpose as Calen started to hear movement around their party. To tempt whatever was encircling them to attack. It still didn't work however and they all made it to the walls of Jackson unharmed if grumpy. They are enormous. Calen thought to himself, the sheer size of the walls breaking even Calen out of his sulk, if only temporarily. There looked like there was only one door and Calen approached it but uncharacteristically cautiously kept his distance. The whole place seemed off, the more fantastical part of his mind saw Jackson as an evil castle, towering over its swamp domain. The more realistic part remembered that Jackson was supposed to be a safe haven. 'Is there some kind of secret knock?' Calen asked as Malina as she got closer, not quite as flippantly as he wanted as genuine worry started to break through his mask.

Calen had stowed away his weapon before to try to make the party a more tempting target but now as the danger seemed to multiply every passing moment he needed the familiar weight in his hands. Extending his weapon into its glaive mode Calen set up in a balanced stance not knowing what to expect. He didn't set facing away from the town, however, as even in its foreboding stillness, the swamp didn't measure as even half the threat the town did.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2017, 10:45:55 AM »
Mostly due to her distance from the explosion, Helena more or less just protected her face with her arm, taking the various bits of mud, swampstuffs and other wet and/or humid objects. As soon as the blast had passed, she looked to its source, ready to keep firing, only to see the beast make off in a haste, taking her arrows with it. The little bugger. Should've put a locator on those things.

The sky was still as dark as when the battle started, if not even more so. She gathered herself, wiped a spot of mud from her left cheek with a clean bit of her sleeve and marched towards the others, meeting them all along with their supervisor.

When the options to kill the Grimm off or continue to Jackson were presented, Helena shifted on her feet, resisting the urge to chime in. She doubted her desire had anything to do with strategy. She therefore looked visibly relieved when the 'continue' option was decided and rapidly took her previous place in the formation, setting off right after Calen. Something seemed... odd at that moment, but she couldn't tell what.

During pretty much the entirety of their trek through the swamp, odd and unsettling cracking could be readily heard around them. While Helena most definitely worried about what it could be (this wasn't your normal branch snap), she ignored it for the most part, as her job was to provide Calen with cover. Her own back was being protected by 2, possibly 3, people.

The sight that greeted her when she exited the treeline, apart from a Calen staring in an uncharacteristically bewildered fashion toward the sky, was the walls of Jackson. Well, it was supposed to be Jackson, and these were supposed to be its walls. She started heavily doubting both of those suppositions when her gaze joined Calen's, a swirling multicolor mass high, high above the ground being the main focus of her attention.

When Malina uttered something about it 'not being normal', Helena nodded in approval. She followed her to what appeared to be the door to Jackson, according to the lettering on it. "Ummm, Malina, are you sure this is Jackson? Because regardless of whether or not it is, I don't think we should open that door before, dunno, announcing ourselves by shouting or something. She brought her bow forward and gestured to the sky at the 'something', suggesting shooting an arrow either inside the walls or into the multicolored vortex above them.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"