Author Topic: Help I'm confused  (Read 8098 times)

Azure Blair

• Been Around

• View Profile
Help I'm confused
« on: September 16, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »
So I'm new here and I'm kinda confused about stuff so I messaged an admin and that only added to my confusion. Because after I sent the message it didn't show up it my "sent" box so I don't know of it actually sent. That's confusion point 1.
Confusion point two is on characters. So, from what I've gathered your character bios are just like a normal post. But I don't know which topic/forum to post them in. Can someone help with that? Cause out of the forums for characters, there are none for "characters waiting approval" so I don't know what to post them in. Like, I don't know where to send them to get them approved. Helllppppp!!
Number three for confusion points is that whenever something says "show" with like, a link or whatever and you can click on it, it doesn't let me click on it. And that's a huge fucking issue because a lot of my questions could have been answered if I was allowed to click on the things. Why can't I click on the things it's making stuff like 100 times more difficult! Is it just my computer/phone/tablet (yes I've tried to click on them with all three)? Or is it like the site won't let me?
4th confusion point: everything else. I've only ever role played on one other site, I usually do chat rooms roleplays not forum roleplays, so forums are still kinda new to me. Thus, I am highly confused and looking for any information I could get about anything. Because I am.highly confused this set up. Like, could someone give me a brief rundown of where to find things? Cause that'd be super helpful! Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:19:55 PM by Azure Blair »
1st Year Beacon Student - Team CASA: Azure Blair

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Re: Help I'm confused
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 01:44:05 PM »
Welp, I'm not good at explaining things, but I can try.

Well, number one is easy.

When you write a message, there is a box below the message window asking if you want to Save a copy in your outbox. You have to check it and then it will be stored in your inbox.
To retrieve it you simply go on: My Messages> Messages (Next to Actions and Preferences) and then on Inbox. And don't worry, I'm sure the Admin got the message.

If you forget to check off the box, it's unfortunately too late.

Number 2.

Just here: https://rwbyfanon.com/index.php?board=15.0

In my opinion, a little unclearly shown, but you just have to go on character creation and throw the character in there. But this is really only for when the character is ready and waiting for approval. Otherwise just put him in "WIP characters" so that you can still work on him and also get some tips from others.

Number 3.

Pretty much a learn by doing thing. There are a few who have never or very little RPGed before, so you should not worry too much.

And with all the Topics and Threads it's just one thing you get used to over time. Let me try to summarize it short and roughly.

You see all the different compartments on the "main page". These are bringing you to individual separate pages, each of which has further paths to other pages. Sounds confusing, but since everything is relatively well-ordered here, it works well. Most of it takes place in the RPG part of the forum (what a surprise)

Entering Threads is easy.
Let's take Beacon Academy as an example. Simply on The Vale region and then on the topic Beacon Academy (or you take the direct link) From there you look for a chat you want to join. It is important to ensure that this is also open to all and possibly active.

Hope this information helped a bit, Good Luck!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:03:15 PM by DEXES »
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 03:04:22 PM »
Hey hey, first off welcome to the site Azure ^^ and I do love me some numbered questions so I'll just add a bit to what DEXES has said.

1. Messages aren't stored in sent by default, but you can do that. Go to: My Messages -> Preferences -> Change Settings (drop-down), in there just check "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default."

2. You will find everything for making profiles under Character creation ( https://rwbyfanon.com/index.php?board=15.0 ). WiP is where characters go to let anyone comment, and the main forum is where us in the staff do our reviews. The template and rules are also there so make sure to take a look there. It's also not a bad idea to take a trip to the approved characters forum and take a look at some finished profiles to see how they end up looking.

3. We are in the process of moving the forum onto an updated site, however starting that process has unfortunately broken the "spoiler" code, which would normally give more info when you press show, we are working on getting that fixed. (if there's anything specific you want to take a look at message me here or on discord and I'll see if I can't send it).

4. Harder to describe but I can say that this is the first site I've ever RPd on, so I have been in the same position. Since DEXES has pointed you to where I'll give a quick general overview. In short, you create a character, in the review we help a bit and make sure that things make sense with the world and follows the rules, then you can basically join a new [Open] thread or head over to the Teams forum and see about finding a team to join. Either case you'll eventually end up in a thread where you all take turns posting (Basically if 4 people are in the thread then you go in the order that you all first posted in). The key difference, when compared to a chatroom RP, is that you can generally write a lot more than just what your character says, it's essentially closer to writing a short story together. Similarly, with characters profiles it's not a bad idea to head over to "RPG World of Remnant" and take a look at a thread.

Hope that all helps and if there's anything else don't hesitate to ask. If you use Discord we have a server where you can usually get answers a lot faster than posting on the forum, the link and other useful info is here https://rwbyfanon.com/index.php?topic=94.0
Welcome again

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 07:29:44 AM »
I hope said admin wasn’t Vox
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime