Author Topic: Third Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Rufus Chocla vs. Jima Purpora  (Read 9758 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Third Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Rufus Chocla vs. Jima Purpora
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
Not a bad tactic on Rufus' part. Unfortunately for him, Jima still had a few tricks up her sleeve.

Jima brings her mace up again, but not to fire off another shotgun blast. Instead, she swings the mace so the diamond-shaped counterweight at the other end is facing towards Rufus. Pulling another trigger hidden in the body of the mace, the counterweight actually fires out of the base for Goliath, opening up to reveal a claw-shaped grappling hook - aimed directly at Rufus. If the claw makes contact with any part of Rufus, it'll grip on tightly - and then Jima would heave the mace backwards, attempting to pull him forwards into the pit of lava. If he managed to dodge in time, well- Jima will probably just need to retract her grappling hook, and would've wasted the surprise for nothing. It's worth a shot though, right?

Attack Log:
Grappling hook pull (2% on impact, chance to stagger opponent and pull him into the lava pit)

Jima's Combat Stats:
Aura: 82%
Shotgun 2/5
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
Now, Rufus had two options. Option A was to dodge the attack, use the moment when Jima's weapon wasn't fully ready and go back on the offensive. Option B was to take the claw head-on and risk falling in the lava.

Really, he only had one option.

Rufus extended his arm and let the claw grasp it, wincing as it wrapped around his limb. However, he was mostly prepared for the following yank - rather than going with her pull, the boy himself pulled back , digging his heels into the ground. The lava level had risen even further now - He probably couldn't just pull Jima in, but that was not the goal. He just needed her closer to the pit, and this was his best chance of forcing her to move closer.

Aura: 62%
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »
Jima grits her teeth as Rufus attempts to pull away, digging her feet into the ground and leaning backwards. She's not just going to let him yank her into the lava pit, but it's going to be a fruitless to just stand there and push and pull - she needs to make this something more than a glorified game of tug-of-war.

Grabbing the cord with her spare hand, she wraps the cord around it once before pulling back, keeping up the the tension in the cord while giving her a few feet of slack to maneuver Goliath. She swings it in a circle once, then braces the hilt of the weapon against her stomach as the head of the mace opens up, facing Rufus - and she fires it off once, then twice, using the blunt recoil of the shotgun to try to take another couple steps backwards.

Attack Log:
Shotgun Bodyshot (6% x 2)

Jima's Combat Stats:
Aura: 82%
Goliath: 0/5
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 09:04:06 AM »
In retrospect, having a tug of war against a ranged combatant like Jima was a bad idea. But Rufus was very much the embodiment of 'bad idea' - so long as it would look cool.

While dropping low kept Rufus safe from the first shot, the second struck him right in the chest. If this were to turn into a war of attrition, he wouldn't stand a chance. But Jima's attempt at forcing herself back with the shotgun's blasts gave Rufus an idea - the final piece in his plan had revealed itself.

Rufus allowed the second blast to inch him forward. He was now dangerously close to the lava pit. He gave the girl a grin, and spoke up:

"Girl, I gotta say you've got plenty of spunk; Punch so hard make a man feel drunk;" He then winked and turning his head to look straight into the magma pit. He gave one big tug on the rope as he activated his semblance and shouted into the trench, forcing himself back and launching the lava out of the hole as he did: "But don't you take me just for for some punk, in the end it'll be my slam fuckin' dunk!"

(Lava being launched from the pit does 10% contact damage, around 3-5% per second of contact after that, potentially falling in the pit is up to you.)

Aura: 56%
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 05:01:23 PM »
She's beating him out an inch at a time, only a foot or so from the lava pit when he opens his mouth to... compliment her? A confused expression mares her face for barely a second as he looks down towards the lava pit and opens his mouth again, before her eyes grow wide - fuck, his semblance!

She twists the neck of the mace to deactivate the grappling hook just in time to yank it away from the following splash of lava, rapidly backpedaling as she tries to avoid the sprawl. It's not enough to avoid it all though - a glowing globlet hits her arm, immediately followed by squeal of pain as she practically yanks off the leather jacket to avoid being burned further. No longer protected by her aura, the lava begins to sizzle burn a hole through the fabric. There's a moment of pause as she throws it to the side and watches the smoke rise, before fixing a death glare on Rufus as she reaches for her ammo belt as she begins to reload with red-colored shells. "You owe me a new jacket."

Jima's Combat Stats:
Aura: 62% (-10% on contact, -5% x 2 while stripping off the jacket)
Goliath: Reloading

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
"That ain't gonna be a problem, honey, I'll buy it for you with first prize money!" He responded. And, to be fair, he did have a couple of wagers going on with his mates. They didn't have much confidence in him winning, after all.

His opponent was reeling back from his attack and reloading her weapon. This was Rufus' shot. The boy lunged over the trench, pulling the hook's chain off from his arm as he did. As soon as he had landed, he dashed towards his opponent, going for an apparent punch - but feinting moments before impact, instead ducking into a slide kick. His body was shifted to Jima's side, however - he appeared to be trying to get past her as he attacked.

(Slide kick: 5%)

Aura: 56%

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 11:33:26 AM »
[Elbow-Drop granted by Walter]

As the grappling hook finishes recoiling, Rufus's sudden leap over the trench doesn't come as much of a surprise. His semblance packs a powerful punch with it's blowback, so based on their impromptu game of tug-of-war, Jima wouldn't be surprised if he tried to boot her into the trench - and that's proven as Rufus comes in swinging with a fairly obvious feint. She doesn't buy it thankfully, but instead lets him slide partway past her - immediately dropping to one side at the same moment, slamming her elbow into his stomach to prevent him from getting any further.

Attack Log:
Elbow Drop (4%)

Jima's Combat Stats:
Aura: 62%
Goliath: 5/5

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2018, 01:37:31 PM »
Rufus grunts as Jima's elbow crashes into his gut. So much for getting past her, as the girl was now on top of him - and not in a good way. Almost instinctively Rufus retaliated - with her dropping down like this, her face was likely to remain unprotected. As such, the boy sent a right jab, then a left towards her chin in an attempt to break free - if he were to succeed, he'd roll to the side. If he didn't succeed... Burn that bridge when he got to it.

(Jabs: 5%x2)

Aura: 52%

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2018, 07:58:58 PM »
The taller woman takes Rufus' slug directly to the chin, resulting in a grunt as she rolls backwards off him, freeing up his legs. That doesn't mean he'd get a chance to run away all that quickly however - she quickly pulls herself onto one knee, halfway into a standing position as she brings Goliath around to retaliate with a point-black gunshot.

Attack Log:
Point-Blank Bodyshot (6%)

Jima's Combat Stats:
Aura: 57%
Goliath: 4/5

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2018, 10:33:43 AM »
Rufus had never intended to use his semblance to just push Jima into the lava. If someone were to suggest the idea to him later, he'd admit that probably would've been pretty good. Instead, he had tried to get past her for another reason entirely - to get his weapons back.

Rufus grabbed the spear and swung it back the other way just as he was blasted point-blank with a shotgun. The attack sends him flying back, but it doesn't keep him down - in fact, it had allowed him to grab his dagger as well. The aura gap hadn't improved much, so it was time for him to bring out all he got.

He twisted the handle on the dagger, simultaneously flicking the button which set Flow into its secondary form. The transformation didn't take long, but it did mean he couldn't retaliate right away. What's more, he was open to an attack - not that things could get much worse in that department.

Aura: 46%

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2018, 12:37:18 AM »
Jima wouldn’t get another opportunity like this again.

The tall woman wasn’t interested in letting Rufus jump back and transform his weapon - she’s immediately onto her feet again, charging forwards as he moves away. She immediately fires her shotgun again, aiming to throw him off balance - before the head of the weapon closes up, and she brings it down only to immediately follow up with a harsh two-handed strike aimed at the chin. With a little luck, this’ll make him stagger and she’ll be able to just pound the remaining aura out of him - but if this strike misses, with all the weight she’s throwing into it, she’ll be wide open for retaliation.

Attack Log:
Shotgun Blast (6%)
Heavy Underhand Strike (6%, chance of staggering)

Jima’s Combat Stats:
Aura: 57%
Goliath: 5/5

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 12:43:26 PM »
Well, he was expecting a pummeling to come his way with how exposed he was. However, there was little the young rapper could do against a direct shotgun blast like that. The shot hits him but he's just slightly more prepared for the  oncming swing as he places Flow in between the attack and his poor, defenseless chin.

The attack still sends him back - again, it feels as though he may have let it do so on purpose as he uses the small break he gets to slap Soul into Flow in order to assemble Encore. A grin appears on his face as he places the mic up to his lips, activating his semblance once more.

"I may be shit outta luck, might be jolly-well fucked," he shouted as he dug through his pocket to produce a small, turquoise-tinted dust cartridge - he was hoping the shouts would keep Jima back long enough. He slapped it into the mic before shouting again, releasing "but i ain't gonna stay stuck, 'cause I hit like a truck, no dog - more like a buck, with my feet in the muck I ain't givin' up!"

As he would yell into the microphone the force of his semblance would then be accompanied by an ice-cold wind and a flurry of snow, sizzling as it fell across the lava behind the fighters. The effect wouldn't last long, but it would have to serve its purpose for Rufus to succeed - to deal some damage and to slow Jima down.   

(Ice wind lasts as long as it remains uninterrupted. 3% damage per second in it, with metal objects, clothes and any loose things possibly freezing solid.)

Aura: 37%
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:41:05 AM by Walter »

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2018, 11:55:58 PM »
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

The sudden icy wind comes as a surprise, buffeting Jima. She just manages to shoot her grappling hook into the ground in front of her to secure herself against the icy wind and close the head of the mace, but that doesn’t stop the damage.. She forces herself to swallow the shriek in her throat as her glasses are coated in frost, throwing the pair of spectacles to the side - he’s currently cost her more money in clothing than this match is going to be worth.

She’s not going to be able to keep up with this barrage for long. Given Goliath’s composition, the shotgun composition has been frozen shut, rendering her only ranged weapon useless - and it’s not like it’d even function when frozen, anyways. She’s out of options, her body rendered useless in the oncoming windstorm - leaving her only with her mobile senses.

Including her voice.

Taking a deep breath of the icey air, Jima would orient the origin of her voice directly against the side of Rufus’ head, before screaming at the top of her lungs. Not like he’d be able to see it coming - her mouth wasn’t even open. It wasn’t exactly something that’d do any physical damage, but it’d hopefully be enough to distract him - and maybe just enough to get out of her current predicament.

Attack Log:
Annoying Shriek (directly in Rufus’ ear, dog and otherwise)

Jima’s Combat Stats:
Aura: 36% (-3% x 7 seconds)
Goliath: Frozen shut

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 12:37:23 PM »
It had worked! By god, the gamble had actually worked! With the gap in their aura levels dwindling rapidly, the young rapper had every chance to-

SWEET JESUS FUCK WHAT WAS THAT-

Being so focused on making semblance work while also coming up with clever rhymes to throw Jima's way, the boy was completely caught off guard by the sudden shriek in his ear. For a moment he was pretty certain that a Nevermore had made it into the arena and was about to bite his head off - naturally, he rolled to the side to avoid an attack, Encore falling apart into its components as he did. Wide-eyed, he glanced at where the sound had been coming from, seeing nothing. He then looked back towards Jima -whose weapon was now frozen up.

Despite the ringing now in his ears, Rufus grinned. It would appear the fight would have to end the good old fashioned way - through not much more than pure brawn. He snickered at that and rushed towards Jima again, going for an apparent lunge. However, as his fast was about to connect, he pulled back, sending his other fist up in an uppercut - a less obvious feint, but still not the most graceful one.

(Uppercut: 6%)

Aura: 37%

My good ole AMA

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »
Jima’s come too far to just lose it like this.

Thankfully Rufus is the one who closes the distance between the two, saving Jima the necessity of closing the gap. She just manages to jerk back in time to avoid the sudden uppercut, spotting it just as he rushes in. The advantage of using a heavy bludgeoning weapon was the fact that wasn’t rendered useless by being frozen shut - so despite the fact her fingers burned where they made contact with the frozen metal, Jima retaliates with a heavy two-handed downswing to meet Rufus’ uppercut.

Attack Log:
Heavy Two-handed Downswing (6%)

Jima’s Combat Stats:
Aura: 36%
Goliath: Frozen Shut