Author Topic: Aleksandr Zelyony  (Read 3568 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Aleksandr Zelyony
« on: April 18, 2019, 01:53:37 PM »
CHARACTER

Name: Aleksandr Zelyony

Species and Gender: Human Male

Symbol:  A hand with a whirlpool in the center and an eye above it.

Occupation: Biology and grimm anatomy teacher at Beacon academy.

Appearance: A hard-faced, broad-shouldered man at the height of 189 cm and a weight of 88 kg, Aleksandr is quite intimidating upon first introduction. His features are sharp, jagged, even, his chin well pronounced and his face kept shaven bar the occasional shadow of stubble. His moss green hair is rather long, falling down over his shoulders and across his back though it is kept slicked back to stay out of his eyes for the most part. His eyes are a dark grey.

The man usually sticks to wearing professional attire - suits, plain white dress shirts, sweaters on colder days - but always accompanies them with a custom lab coat. The lab coat is lime green and though it reaches down to his knees on the right, as it wraps around the back it gradually becomes shorter until it is the length of a regular jacket on the left. This is to accommodate for Mirotvorts on his left thigh.

History: Aleksandr was originally born to a middle-class military family in Atlas where he studied to become a huntsman and later joined the army. During his studies he more heavily focused on semblance use and facing grimm specifically, as joining the military ranks only to fight in another meaningless war was hardly appealing to him.

Albeit temperamental, he was well respected by his fellow soldiers for his effectiveness in dispatching of grimm. Aleksandr became an asset of the Atlesian military's R&D department due to his ability to really dig into the monsters before they would die thanks to his semblance. He seldom talks of his work at that time, so little is known about it in detail by his colleagues - but he found much of it unsavory.

After ending his service in the military, Aleksandr returned to his studies to further his understanding of grimm in order to better use his own abilities. However, after a certain point he grew tired of his own work. Not wanting to go out into the field to dig through grimm guys anymore, the man started looking for a less involved profession. Finding one was somewhat difficult at first, especially in Atlas, as the military was quite intent on getting him back in the army. After nearly giving in to their pressure, he was offered a position at Beacon instead as a teacher of biology and grimm anatomy. Though still no longer a fan of the field, he accepted in order to get out of Atlas's immediate reach.

Now working as a full-time teacher at Beacon, Aleksandr has all but given up his old research. As far as he is considered at this point, so long as the grimm are killed, that's all that matters.

Personality: Aleksandr is mostly seen as a stoic and cynical individual. He sees his own classes as somewhat unnecessary and will not defend them to his students, though he would still claim they should remain as they are to his colleagues and employers because he does get paid for them. He tries to keep his classes interesting, however, through the introduction of various practical experiments such as dissection - which the students don't often find too exhilarating themselves - all the while delivering them in a deadpan tone.

In fights and arguments, however, he is incredibly easy to anger and will often resort to expletives rather than using any bit of tact. While he is not one to be heated over a disagreement or being insulted, he is disproportionately maddened by his own shortcomings.

His semblance and all work related to it has made him jaded and nigh impossible to disgust.

He rarely expresses joy but he is often taken by schadenfreude.

Aura and Semblance: Aleksandr's semblance is Moss Green(#ADDFAD) and while he is not capable of aura bursts, it is exceptionally good at regeneration and shielding.

His semblance allows him to alter biological material not covered by aura, including grimm. This ability only manifests with direct contact, meaning he can not use it at range or with a weapon. He most often embeds his hands into grimm and alters their internal structure enough to kill them, but this has its limitations. For one, the larger the grimm, the more draining and less effective the process is. An average beowolf is not much of a problem to him, but an ursa is already quite rough and something like a goliath would be largely unaffected. There is a limit to how far the tissue can be altered from where Aleksandr touches the thing, after all.

When it comes to creatures other than grimm, Aleksandr is capable of altering the tissue more drastically and deliberately. In theory, this allows him to heal injuries at a great speed - but he almost never uses this ability, as a single mistake would kill the subject.

On average, unless fighting larger grimm, Aleksandr can use his semblance on about 8 grimm in a row before needing to recover, being ready for another use every two to three minutes. If he can use Kogti instead of his semblance to break through the grimm's flesh and conserve some energy, he can manage about a dozen additional uses, though that comes close to pushing his limits. Using it more than that is possible, but runs the risk of Aleksandr completely over-exerting himself.

Anything covered by aura is unaffected by his semblance.

Combat Behavior:  Aleksandr's combat style largely relies on his semblance and is focused solely on fighting grimm. He tends to fight packs, killing two or three creatures, before pulling back to recover. During a retreat, he often chooses to use Mirotvorts instead and force himself through the grimm. His fighting style lends well to fighting with backup, as while he is effective at killing grimm he runs the risk of being overwhelmed.

Against larger grimm, he would still attempt to use his semblance unless they're the size of a goliath or larger. If running around, hitting it in weak points and retreating is proving to not be effective, he chooses to use explosives - embedding them inside of the creature with his semblance.

He is not proficient at fighting people. While quite good at fisticuffs, he lacks ranged weapons and his melee weapons aren't very versatile.

+ Physically strong
+ Grimm-beating semblance
+ Explosives for large grimm
+ Knowledge of grimm weak points
+ Quick Recovery

- Easily overwhelmed
- Screwed if unable to rest between semblance uses
- No ranged
- No melee counters
- Melee weapons are short
- Temperamental

WEAPON

Name: Kogti

Primary Form: A set of plated stainless steel gauntlets ending in sharp points, the palm and the bottoms of the fingers not covered and the gauntlets themselves reaching past the wrist. Used in this form to penetrate through grimm flesh and bone for better use of Aleksandr's semblance.

Secondary Form: When the fist is clenched, the points at the end of the gauntlet retract and form at the knuckles instead. This form is used for brawls and when overusing his semblance would be risky.

Dust Functions: None.

History: Made during his time working for the Atlesian military.

Name: Mirotvorts

Primary Form: A thick, stainless steel baton, 80 cm in length, with an arched handle bearing a small switch. The handle is located 20 cm above the bottom of the weapon. Used in this form to beat things senseless.

Secondary Form: Upon flicking the switch, the baton extends further to be 120 cm in length, though a portion of this length goes to the bottom and most of the weight goes to the center. Used in this form for shoving opponents more than beating them, as it can be grabbed on either side unless lightning dust is involved.

Dust Functions: Can be fitted with electric dust cartridges, a small hatch on the handle servings this purpose. Activation is immediate and essentially turns the weapon into a sort of stun prod with the electricity concentrated in the tip of the baton.

History: Acquired by Aleksandr soon after his arrival in Vale. Similar to the weapon he used back in the military to force his way through groups of smaller grimm, fitted with a stun prod element to work against people if the need comes.

Name: Bombachka

Primary Form: Small, round, hand-held explosives with manual safety pins, carried by Aleksandr in limited supply unless he's come prepared for hunting large grimm. The explosives have a 10 second timer and are accompanied by a loud clicking sound when activated. These are intended for being implanted into grimm directly through his semblance, so they aren't all that powerful and it might take several for taking down something like a goliath.

Dust Functions: None.

History: Designed by Aleksandr while he was still in Atlas, made after he arrived in Vale.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:26:19 AM by Walter »
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Aleksandr Zelyony
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:32:06 PM »
Grimm autonomy kind of confuses me as a subject but I'm going to assume you cleared it with everyone else. I'd like so detail on how Aleksandr's semblance interacts with aura. Also although it is mostly a numbers question but if Aleksandr relies on his semblance to fight but can't even bring down ten Grimm with it I find it hard to believe he has gained any sort of positive reputation.

Good skeleton tho.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 01:27:08 AM »
Altered his stuff here and there, mostly semblance. Replaced every 'behemoth' with 'goliath'.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
yea everything looks good +1
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 05:25:12 AM »
Approved
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster