Author Topic: [Open] Breakfast At Bacon  (Read 2868 times)

Frankenstein Joe

• View Profile
[Open] Breakfast At Bacon
« on: February 13, 2019, 12:18:17 PM »
It was early morning at Beacon with a winter chill in the air, the grounds sparsely populated by students who were on their own way to the various sections of the Academy or heading towards the main city.  Hanging around the sparring area after walking from the dorms, Aoife would be a clothed and armoured twirling her spear around absentmindedly as she held a bacon sandwich in her mouth. Launching the weapon up into the air like a baton, she'd grab hold of the sandwich to take a large chunk out and start chewing it. Swallowing with a little effort as it gets stuck, she'd then grab the spear and plant it tip first into the ground, speaking to the Panda teammate who had made the sandwich, she'd go,  "You know, you're not entirely terrible at making these. I'd probably make better if I put effort into it, but these will pass."
After the rather haughty remark, she'd go to kick the spear out of the ground and upwards, moving her hand down the shaft to start spinning and twirling it again, shoving the sandwich back into her mouth so she had both hands available, every so often her mouth moving in an instant to acquire a better grip of the sandwich and to positively inhale it so she could prepare for another large chomp.

AllTheGoodPunsArgon

• View Profile
Re: [Open] Breakfast At Bacon
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »
Ayburn allowed his eyes to wander over the mulling cold students of the Beacon grounds. Absentmindedly jumping from person to person in an ease of people watching, Ayburn stood in his academy uniform like most of the people his eyes danced past, only with his ever present hoodie poking out from underneath the blazer. His watching didn’t last too long before his faunus friend next to him piped up. He gave a quick glance to her as she spoke, letting eyebrow raising as the words ran on. The words put a smirk on his face as he responded in kind,
            "You know, if I heard that right, that was /almost/ a compliment." with a casual laugh and tone that only comes between teasing friends. He took a bite of his own sandwich and continued, mouth still full, "- A compliment laced with barbed wire over a spit roast but a compliment nevertheless."
            To emphasise his joke he gave a small nudge of an elbow, and a smirk that she probably knew too well after these two years or harassment sent his way. “Besides, I knew you couldn’t resist bacon.” He added his jovial moment falling away from something a touch more sincere as his eyes wandered over various things in the wandering mass of peoples. Giving minor expressions of curiosity at various weapons and armour people took in and out of the training grounds in small fleeting moments. He was still mesmerized as his first days at Beacon by the various bits of creativity that appeared in the academy. Alas his return to serenity didn’t last long as he tore his attention back to his teammate.
Ayburn Parda ~ Second year Beacon Student

Frankenstein Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 04:27:03 PM »
"I can make it a literal barbed wire and spit roast. Just get me the wire." Was a rather expected response, no actual malice in the retort though that would chiefly been known as he had dealt with her for two years. "You're learning. You didn't make a fish reference, you bamboo eater."  Stopping to play with the spear once again so she could devour another good portion of the sandwich, she'd adjust her top to allow more airflow, letting out a rather exasperated "It's too hot. Can you have a good semblance? Like making a permanent blizzard or something? I mean. Sure, it isn't fart smells like a certain lazy person. But still. It has like no good usages, except gathering ice. But I don't think there's any in the immediate vicinity." 

Letting out a loud groan, she'd punctuate it with a flash of semblance, emitting a few centimeters worth of flame from her lips to give the impression of breathing fire. "Wait. Do you have Ice rounds? Can you like shoot at something and get me some ice for me to chomp on?"  Finally turning her attention to him and not resuming her baton act, she'd look at him expectantly, eyes periodically flashing away to keep check of anything moving in their general vicinity to register what it was, before turning back.

AllTheGoodPunsArgon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:16:34 AM »
“Bamboo eater, huh? You’re running out of panda jokes.” He laughed whilst rolling his eyes and removing his bag off of his back. Rifling through it as he added, “I think I have a vial of left over ice dust, Give me a momento.”, upon registering her request.
            It took him a moment or two but his rifling in his bag payed off. Finding the half empty vial hidden at the bottom of his bag, hidden away as to not go off accidentally as he wandered around campus… That had happened more than enough times to him and others. After the first flame vial was left unrestrained he learnt his lesson. One flaming backpack, and an entire hundred foot radius of people stopping their conversation to look your way, was one too many in Ayburns book. So the fact that it happened two more times to him in his first year was a real kicker. He wondered if Aoife and the rest of his friends remembered those incidents in their first year for a moment as he took the vial out.
            Then with a quick pour of some of the dust he made a couple ice cubed sized bits off ice in his palm, “Here you go, some ice for you to chew on.” Ayburn passed it over with a small smile. “Soooo~ what’s with the full get up? Training, or are you taking our Grimm tuition to heart?” He asked before going into a quick (and rather loud) imitation of one of their ‘Grimm studies’ lecturers, ”Students remember nevermores can strike from anywhere at any time and usually when you’re already dealing with hordes of Grimm already, so always be ready!”... It wasn’t a horrible impression, but it sure neded work, though it left him with that goofy grin of his returning in full. Along with a couple wandering eyes shooting their way for a second.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 04:45:19 AM »
As the two students conversed in the sparring area a 3rd walked up near them. A blonde haired german shephard faunas wearing a jacket and a coat with his arms wrapped around himself, evidently not taking the cold weather well.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Frankenstein Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 02:01:22 PM »
Immediately swallowing what was already in her mouth, Aoife would take the ice cubes to put them in her mouth and start crunching on them, she'd move one of them under her canine to start audibly chomping and scraping it to fragment it. Ensuring at least the first cube to be destroyed was down her throat, she'd move the remaining shards into her cheeks like a hamster to quickly add, "The uniform is too stuffy. I can't properly breathe in it as it gets too warm. Though, I am always up for training when the sleepy one joins us. Or if we find a fourth member. Besides, Nevermores are like, eaasy."  Going back to caress her spear she'd then look it over, "Oh! And you're boring to fight. All you have to do is like, use Fire a few times, then you are like oh nooo, I can't jump any more. Let's quit." Continuing to torment the teammate even as the dog faunus moved over, she'd periodically glance at the cold looking Faunus and slowly develop a smug smile while looking at Ayburn knowingly.

TheKaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 06:11:43 PM »
Seemingly out of nowhere came a young man with messy hot pink hair under a gray beanie while otherwise dressed completely in the usual attire of a Beacon student, though his collar wasn't buttoned up all the way to the top and his belt was hanging sideways off his hip. With a wide grin, he appears between the cat faunus and the red panda faunus, scratching the right side of his stubbly chin.
"I can smell Bacon. Like... Aoife, you reek of it. So either you hugged a pig with your semblance on OR I want some too!", he quickly declared immediately, shooting a smug grin at his female teammate before offering Ayburn a much more sincere and warm smile.
He had gotten up somewhat late this day and had a call with his father earlier, resulting in him having had to spend the time until now without his teammates. All the happier he was now to be able to pester them though.
Gram MacConkey 2nd Year Beacon Student and biohazard of Team ALGA

AllTheGoodPunsArgon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 07:16:03 AM »
Aoife’s sudden smug smile put a perturbed yet confused look on Ayburns face, it was never a good thing to see. That smile meant nothing good… Usually for him or the world as a whole. That devious grin meant she was planning something devilish and she wanted him to be a part of it. Then suddenly his knight in shining armour appeared to save the day. Gram came out of nowhere to hopefully save them all from that smug grin their mutual friend gained.
            “‘Eeeey! Welcome to the party Gram, where y’been?”  He piped giving his friend a small brotherly nudge with his elbow. “ - And yea she’s pigging out. Literally.” he added in a jovial tone before swiftly trying to defuse the fallout of the joke by saying, “I mean I was too, but y’know that’s not the point.” whilst returning the warm smile to Gram.
            His eyes went back to aimlessly wandering the passing crowd as he waited for a response. Glancing over the various faces with his rather happy demeanor on display.

Frankenstein Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 03:45:41 PM »
Turning to look at the third member, she'd drop the smirk and raise a brow, aiming a gesture to him punctuated with a streak of flame, "I can hug a pig with my semblance if you're feeling cold. Didn't even know you had a sense of smell, with your horrific smell." After the display, she'd fold her arms, eyebrows furrowed and looking ever so slightly annoyed. Though if it was a show or not was up in the air.
"Anyway. What is the plan. Are we going to loiter around at Beacon and do training, go to study or...?" She'd then give off another flicker of flame to ensure their attention was on her, if only briefly. Using the sudden appearance of colour and heat in their proximity to hopefully do so.

TheKaru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 04:24:48 PM »
"Oh you know, had a good old call with my dad. He's leaving for a mission around noon today and I wanted to wish him luck, the whole thing.", he replied to his teammate's question while deliberately ignoring the other's statement. Her constant remarks about his smell were somewhat annoying, especially since, in small doses, his semblance wasn't that horrible. Somewhat like the scent of jasmine blossoms in summer, as he thought.
As the flame flickered up beside him, however, he did pay attention to her and her question. "Well... We could do training, or we could do studying OR we could actually use this day for something that is legitimate fun. Like... Uh... Breakfast?"
He shrugged innocently and grinned at the two of them before whispering, half to himself: "Besides... There's a reason why my bed is surrounded by a miniature quarantine tent, you know? It's not like I'm not aware..."
Gram MacConkey 2nd Year Beacon Student and biohazard of Team ALGA