Author Topic: Simple Disasters [MARS Initiation]  (Read 16209 times)

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
Simple Disasters [MARS Initiation]
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:25:33 PM »
Marshal stepped off of the airship and onto the streets of Vale, thanking the airship pilot as he did so. It was a quiet autumn night, and it seemed like the whole city was peaceful and quiet. Of course, that wasn't the report that he had recieved.

Apparently, a part of the wall around the city managed to crumble, letting in a small amount of Grimm. While this would normally be a serious problem for trained Hunters and Huntresses, the wall was fixed quickly enough so the number of Grimm that managed to make it in the city was much smaller than anticipated. For some reason, the higher-ups at Beacon saw this as the perfect opportunity to have an initiation exercise. Along with Marshal, a few dozen other first years were being strategiclly dropped into the city to combat the few stragglers that remained. In the process, they were instructed to retrieve certain items and bring them back to pass.

Along the way, it would be inevitable that groups of first years would meet up in some fashion. As per Beacon custom, the first person you made eye contact with during the exercise would be on your team for your entire Beacon career. Marshal wondered who he would run into and considered who he had already met so far at his brief time at the school.

"Alright," he muttered to himself, stifling a yawn. "Let's do this." Marshal took off down the street in search of Grimm, and his future teammates.
Marshal Oranzova- 1st Year Beacon Student, Leader of Team MARS - "Man, this is totally gonna cut into my nap."
Robin Teale- 1st Year Beacon Student, Team TRTA - "That's the most dangerous thing I've ever heard. Let's do it."

Ever Professional

• View Profile
Re: Simple Disasters [MARS Initiation]
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:20:53 PM »
Ash straightened out his lab coat after arriving to the area of the Streets of Vale where the incident had occurred.  The night was quiet, if a little warm for his tastes, but with the onset of Autumn he knew he would begin to feel more comfortable soon enough.

Ash took out his scroll and began looking over the mission objectives once more; he snorted at the part about how he would meet his teammates.  Ash put away his scroll and looked for a fire escape so that he might take the high ground and take a cursory glance of the area.

Seeing his target, Ash sighed and shouldered Requiem so that he could climb.  "Better to start now instead of later."  With a roll of his neck, Ash began climbing the ladder.
Ash Feuer- First Year Student of Beacon of Team MARS - "Do you honestly believe that is an intelligent idea?  Oh Atlas, you're serious."

Ebony Dunstan- First Year Student of Haven- "Come on everybody,  let's do something fun!"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »
The grimm were luckily confined in the one of the more isolated areas of Vale and properly barricaded against lest they got into the city, good thing otherwise it would've meant panic for the residents. Having no clear idea of the number of grimm or their respective locations Shiroe would essentially be walking into a death trap full of man-eating monsters. Just another day in the life of a huntsman in training. Feeling his aura at its peak and having had a proper rest and warmup beforehand, Shiroe strolled along the empty city streets using what few lampposts that were still on as a guide on where to go. Of course he could've set up a rune of light on his person but that might attract unwanted attention; the first thing he wanted to accomplish before fighting hordes of grimm was getting a teammate, at best a complete quad of them, he wasn't too sure about handling urban fighting but he was sure that keeping damage to a minimum was essential as well.

Wanting to pick up the pace Shiroe activated some speed runes on his legs, the armor plates enhancing his stride as he sped through the dark concrete jungle while he kept his sabre at the side, ready to intercept any foes he would come across.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 09:27:11 AM »
How typical. The people in charge of keeping the people in town safe and protected had failed miserably, and who do they send to fix it? The students. Ones still needing to go through initiation, at that. Of course, it wasn't like Reginald couldn't handle it. Of course he could. It just felt so ridiculous. And the way they were to find their partners? Good lord, all he could hope for was that he wouldn't be paired with some pleb nobody.

The rich brat was dressed as usual, cape and vest included, and carrying Solace in his hands. He was moving rather swiftly through town, keeping an eye out for any creatures of grimm around the area, but it had seemed quiet thus far. Maybe the mission was going to be a cakewalk after all. Not that it wouldn't be if he would encounter grimm. Of course not.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 12:37:55 PM »
Marshal had begun the night running around the area of the city the Grimm were enclosed in, but after a bit decided that it was too much effort to run around everywhere. After some time not watching where he was going, he bumped into someone else that was out and about.

"Oh," he grunted. "Sorry about that!" He focused his gaze on the person in front of him to find that it was the dorky kid with the cape he had run into earlier! "Oh, shit," he muttered, slowly realizing what this meant. It appeared karma was biting him in the ass for his comment earlier.
Marshal Oranzova- 1st Year Beacon Student, Leader of Team MARS - "Man, this is totally gonna cut into my nap."
Robin Teale- 1st Year Beacon Student, Team TRTA - "That's the most dangerous thing I've ever heard. Let's do it."

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 08:37:12 AM »
Reggie had been wandering about for a while now, and was considering firing to attract the attention of anything around the area. But, as the thought crossed his mind, he rounded a corner to have someone run into him. He took a step back, scoffing at the interaction.

"Watch where you're going, damn you!" He said, before squinting. He recognized this man. He had been there during Reginald's arrival here. Reggie turned his head up high and shoo'd Marshal with his hand. "Whatever, just keep moving. I'm sure your partners around here somewhere." Reginald spoke, stepping around Marshal and starting to head off. He really didn't get this partner thing, huh?
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 09:44:36 AM »
It took a lot to irritate Marshal. It really did. This guy somehow managed to push every button Marshal had just by saying three sentences to him! However, this did present Marshal with a serious moral choice. He could just pretend that he hadn't seen the brat and just moved on, but that could potentially get him in trouble. After all, it was extremely likely that the faculty was monitoring them.

Marshal sighed and clutched his forehead with his hand. "No, I'm your partner," he muttered. Deciding that being upset wasn't going to get him anywhere, he tried to be polite and extended his hand out to shake the other boy's hand. "My name's Marshal," he said, smiling lightly.

I'm going to have me and Walter post back to back until Reggie and Marshal are successfully grouped up. It won't take very long.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:35:34 AM by Martian »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »
Reggie stopped walking, and looked back at the hand. Then at Marsha's face. Then his hand. Face. Hand. Face. Hand.

Oh, cock.

Reginald sighed, ignoring the hand. "Yes, yes, a cute idea. I suggest you find someone of more appropriate status to your own." He said with the most snobbish intonation possible. Of course, at this moment he realized that this wasn't a choice. For some God-only-knows reason, Beacon wanted their students to team up in a matter resembling a lottery of sorts. And, well, to Reggie it appeared that he had lost. One assumes the feeling was mutual.

My good ole AMA

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 01:06:10 PM »
Marshal's face flushed from embarassment and slight annoyance. "N-no, I don't think you understand," he stammered. "That's not how this works. If we just skip over each other and find other partners, we could get in trouble. I'm not about to get kicked out because you're being a snob. Plus, based on your entrance earlier today, you're not really in any position to be picky, cape boy." He started to get a little carried away, so he took a deep breath in and sighed.

"Sorry," he grumbled. "I'm just a little on edge-" Marshal's sentence was cut short by the sudden sight of a lone Beowulf behind Reginald. Reflexively, Marshal shoved the snobbish boy out of the way, likely knocking him down, and grabbed Sunset's Edge. In a flash, he swiped at the Grimm, damaging it and stopping it from attacking either of them. However, he also managed to succeed in pissing it off and attracting three more Beowolves.

"Could use an assist, teammate!" Marshal spat in annoyance.

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 01:18:43 PM »
"If there is no choice, I guess I could lead the way for those below me. You should be happy to have someone with my charisma on your te- OOF" The little twatmunch couldn't finish his thought, as he was roughly shoved to the side, falling flat on his cape with Solace clanging down next to him on the ground.

Reggie scoffed yet again, scrambling up to his feet and grabbing his rifle. "How dare you do that to me?! Do that again and I'll-" The rich git paused, looking around at the gathering grimm. "I won't be forgetting that." He simply uttered through pursed lips, and steadied his aim, a bolt already loaded into his weapon. Time for some monster bashing.

My good ole AMA

Ever Professional

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 02:08:08 PM »
Having finished his climb, Ash patted the dust off of his coat and activated his semblance.  With his sense of hearing heightened, Ash began listening for Grimm and students alike.  After a few minutes of relative silence, he heard someone making their way through the streets quite fast.  Deactivating his semblance, Ash pulled up Requiem and began looking for the person through his scope.

Locating the person, who he recognized as Shiroe from earlier, Ash decided to keep an eye on his fellow Atlesian.
Ash Feuer- First Year Student of Beacon of Team MARS - "Do you honestly believe that is an intelligent idea?  Oh Atlas, you're serious."

Ebony Dunstan- First Year Student of Haven- "Come on everybody,  let's do something fun!"

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 02:23:15 PM »
Marshal backed up a bit from the pack of Grimm and caught a glance at Reginald's weapon. It seemed to be a solid iron rifle, which Marshal was pretty happy with. The team's composition was already pretty solid. Hopefully the other two teammates would be able to compliment their styles as well.

"Listen, man," Marshal grunted. "If we're going to be on a team, you'll have to keep that seemingly infinite ego of yours in check. Can we just work together on this?" Not feeling like charging straight into a pack of four Beowolves, Marshal fit the pieces of his weapon together and formed his assault rifle. He grabbed the special cartridge from his ammo belt and loaded it up, charging his Semblance into the cartridge.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 10:22:31 PM »
Shiroe bursts through the streets like a speed demon but soon enough started slowing down. Though his runes used dust most of the time he still had to keep up with the physical exertion of moving his own body, in short he was tired. Stopping by a small lamppost Shiroe spotted a few beowolves moving towards a certain direction almost as if they found something interesting to play with. Preparing several runes on his blade and one dust vial, Shiroe tried following the grimm from as far as possible to avoid being detected. If he followed them he would be able to find other people and increase his chances of success in this initiation.

That is...if he wasn't overrun by them first.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 10:29:36 AM »
"I'm not one lowly enough to put petty squabbles ahead of a task. I hope you can at least handle your weapon." The wealthy cuntswaggle responded. He took a short breath, aimed at the grimm nearest and most threatening to the two, and fired. The bullet flew out from the barrel rather elegantly, striking the beast square in the head. Reggie didn't wait to see the results of his shot, instead loading his other shot and firing at another creature, while the other laid either distracted or dying. Either worked.

He may be an irritating, mostly useless twat, but he handled his weapon well. But if the beowolves managed to get a charge? He'd probably be severely fucked. As such, after firing his second round, Reggie paused and waited to see the creatures' next move, as well as see if his partner could get some shots off. Last thing he wanted to was to get caught reloading with his head in a grimm's jaws.

My good ole AMA

Martian

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 01:19:47 PM »
Well that was reassuring. Marshal took comfort in knowing that even if his new teammate seemed like an insufferable asshole, he wouldn't let it get in the way of a mission. He had managed to easily take down one of the Beowolves with relative. With his weapon fully loaded, Marshal began unloading on the nearby Grimm. His aura bullets tore through the other three without much of an issue.

"That worked out pretty well," Marshal mused, changing his weapon back to its normal form. "Shall we keep moving?" He started to walk ahead when suddenly another, larger pack of Beowolves headed their way. They were probably being led to Marshal and Reginald due to the negative emotions they had been exhibiting toward each other just previously.