Author Topic: Recovery ward (semi-open PM for invite)  (Read 12603 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Recovery ward (semi-open PM for invite)
« on: October 20, 2016, 09:30:08 AM »
A tall woman with an average build with long blue hair and piercing blue eyes sat in the corner of the surprisingly nice hospital room. She was dressed in a formal white shirt but was wearing a brown rib length jacket over the top of it and was wearing casual ripped jeans and sneakers. She noticed the boy with black hair in the hospital bed starting to stir and stood up to move across the room. Reaching out with a pale hand to gently shake the blonde girl asleep across the room from her. "He's waking up." was all the woman said as she turned her attention back to the boy. In a groggy haze Gray moaned slightly as his eyes opened and all he saw was a blurry mass of white.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery ward (semi-open PM for invite)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 12:09:49 AM »
Ki slowly but surely drug herself out of a deep, dreamless sleep. Oooh, her back hurt...so did the fluorescent lights. Where was she again? Stretching and yawning, her joints popped, and she started rubbing her eyes. She had to smell like death, her perfume had worn off hours ago for sure...her hair could probably use a wash too. All of her could, if she was being honest about it. When she was able to see, Ki's hand went to her mouth and she remembered the tang of Gray's blood in her nostrils amid the chaos of the arena, and she stumbled over to his bed, frowning at her still half-asleep leg.

"Thanks, Sapphire, I guess I just dozed off there for a minute." More like six hours...ugh. "Hey Gray...can you hear me okay?" she asked, keeping the panic out of her voice as best she could. Man she was cold, she hadn't changed since the arena and daisy dukes were not the warmest thing...She leaned over him then, forcing a smile and taking one of his hands in her own.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 06:27:18 AM »
Swiftly Xanh walked through the hallway, not even trying to bother with the occasional person passing by her. Oh, what a giant hassle the last few hours had been.

Of course she had not been able to find anyone she was looking for in the huge docking area that spanned all around the colloseum. And at least when she sped there to ask, nobody at the local ambulant facilites was able or willing to help her either. And from there on what little of a plan she had dissipated into stupidly wandering around, trying to get ahold of where they had brought Gray. And the whole deal certainly was not made better by news and rumors about the incident spreading from spectators to closeby visitors to really anyone who was following the tourney in any way. At times, Xanh had found it hard to keep her cool as she noticed random strangers talk and speculate about the event. It almost seemed like they knew so much more than her, while she was there and had to watch her teammate tumble and fall, screaming in agony! It should not be like this, and it just made her more upset the more time passed without any resolution.

But in the end, no fist clenching or teeth grinding would help anything, and hours passed before Xanh would finally figure out what had happened to Gray after the medical personnel had brought him out of the arena, and where they had taken him to.

And now that she knew, Xanh was not in the mood to waste any more time bumbling about. She already had sent a message to Avaline and Viridian as she had entered the recovery ward in case they had not figured it out themselves yet - and in case someone like the latter would even care. But for now it was only her who was rapidly approaching the door with the room number they told her on it. The moment it was in arm's reach Xanh grabbed the handle and nonchalantly let it swing open. "Gray!", she exclaimed with a sigh of relief - and probably a bit of exhaustion - and stepped into the room. Only peripherally noticing the two women who already sat at his side she followed up, asking: "Are you alright?!"

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 08:22:11 AM »
Gray's eyes eventually begun to clear as he found himself staring at a white ceiling. One of the first things he noticed after that was how sore his throat was and how thirsty he felt. Then he noticed a voice in the distance asking if he could hear the- her. the voice was definitely female and vaguely familliar though he couldn't place where exactly he had heard it before. "huuuuh. whoseat?" he slurred in his haze when another voice called his name and asked is he was ok. This one he definitely recognized though. It  was one of the people he had spent all year living with. "Av'line?" he continued to slur as he waited for his head to clear.

Sapphire gave a nod to Ki as she woke up and approached Gray and couldn't help but give a sigh at the state the boy had gotten himself into. When she heard the door open he head quickly snapped to face it until she saw who entered and heard them ask if Gray was ok. Hearing Gray's response she remembered the name and walked over to the girl. "I assume you must be miss Anders then. Gray has mentioned you a few times in his letters. Will miss Kurtein and mr. Brandt be coming as well?
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 10:36:53 AM »
"I...", Xanh started, but interrupted herself with a sigh. Looks like she arrived just in time for the fun... "No, I'm not Avaline, but I guess that answers the question..." Speaking a tad more gentle than upon her arrival, she closed the door and made a few steps into the room.

Now that the initial moment of relief had passed the girl found some time to actually have a look at the two other women who were sitting by Gray's side. With one of them Xanh had no clue at all as to who she was, even though her face reminded Xanh of someone she had seen somewhere before. Probably one of his friends or something. The other one she did not think she had met in person yet either, but from how this looked it could only be Sapphire. She could not remember an instance when Gray had anything but good things to tell about her - and looking at how quickly she must have made her way here Xanh could see why.

"Come on dude,I didn't see anyone hit you on the head", Xanh tried the crack a joke, but soon came to the conclusion that it still might be a little to soon for this, the faint smile slowly disappearing from her face. "It's me, Xanh", she then replied towards Gray as she went ahead and leaned against the wall next to the medical bed. "I filled in the others the moment I found out myself, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm sure they'll drop by soon, though".

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 10:44:23 PM »
Viridian was seriously getting annoyed by the glares of the orderlies and nurses as he marched through the recovery ward looking for Gray. Sure, he may have threatened a few people who told him the he couldn't bring his sword in with him, and sure, maybe he'd roundly insulted a nurse in quite the cold manner during the confrontation, but really, it wasn't his fault. It was Gray's. If he hadn't gotten shot, then Viridian could still be training for his fight with Eddy Middle? Mido? Midoro? Viridian wasn't all the concerned really. He sounded boring. Not that this damn ward was all that interesting itself. Full of nurses and orderlies and idiots that got themselves hurt. How dull.

A quick check with a nurse led Viridian down a corridor, round a few corners, past a happy family and into the room that housed Gray, and apparently a whole platoon of others, though a glance at them helped fill Viridian in a little to their identities. The older woman was probably Gray's mother, or mother figure, Sapphire. The girl was a new addition. Girlfriend maybe? Not many other reasons to be here. And Xanh. Good old Xanh, whose message had interrupted Viridian's training. Well, onto the matter at hand. "Gray, you're alive. An idiot, but an alive idiot", Viridian murmured as he leaned back against the wall beside the door and scowled at Gray.

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    All the worlds a stage and we are the actors
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 03:15:39 PM »
Avaline rushed into the recovery ward after getting the news. She stopped at the reception desk and asked where Grey's room was. While the nurse told her that there are no weapons allowed here, she let Avaline through as she was willing to let through the medic. She started heading to Grey's room and saw everyone else. She politely made her way through and was able to get to the rest of the team. "I got the message and came here as fast as I could." Avaline looked like she ran from where she was before she got the message to the recovery ward.

She walked over to Grey and looked at the rest of the team. "I was out getting supplies to top off my kit. What happened?"
Approved:
Tychus Drenelian "I may not feel pain, but you do and I will make sure of it"
Connor Dragovic "Chemical warfare is cheap but it works"
Damien Sokolov "I see you"
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Avaline Anders "A medic's job is never finished"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 12:25:57 AM »
"Hahah, Gray, it's me, Ki. Remember?" she said, giving his hand a squeeze. Man she did not know much about doctor stuff, should he still be this woozy? There was so much blood, though, everywhere...she got a little light-headed thinking about it. She'd never seen anything so frightening, not in person, just movies where she knew it wasn't real and it wasn't someone she cared about lying there possibly dying...that one big dude had been right, though. Gray was alive. And she was very, very happy about that.

And then some asshole came in and started watching Gray, leaning at the doorway with a serious chip on his shoulder. Who was this clown?

When the other woman came in, adding to the growing throng of people, Ki started to get nervous. Was this too much for him this early on? "I'll tell you what happened. That bastard Nathan Eau, I hope they freaking lock him up, shot Gray and nearly killed him in a tournament match. I'm no Huntress but I'm damn sure that's not how it's supposed to work!"
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 04:39:51 AM »
As his head cleared further more voices showed up and it was getting much easier to identify them. At Viridian's voice Gray couldn't help but crack a smile. "Ye'h I sure messed up di'nt i Vrdan"

Sapphire turned as more people showed up and she could work out who was who. At Avaline's question she strode over to her. "You haven't heard yet? It's been spread all over Remnant at this point" Clicking on the TV in the hospital room Sapphire only had to change channels at random twice before finding a news story on the event. Showing the televised footage of the match just before the cameras had been cut.

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    All the worlds a stage and we are the actors
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 09:46:03 PM »
Avaline saw the footage being played and a look of shock and sadness came across her face. She looked at Grey and looked down.

"The place I went to had horrible reception. There wasn't even a TV."

She walked over to the wall and the look on her face was the same with a tinge of anger. She punched the wall, restraining herself from putting a hole in said wall but with enough force that the sound of metal resounded in the room.

"I'm a failure as the team medic. I should have been there but I saw that I was down some important supplies. I didn't know. I didn't know."

Avaline leaned her head on the wall.
Approved:
Tychus Drenelian "I may not feel pain, but you do and I will make sure of it"
Connor Dragovic "Chemical warfare is cheap but it works"
Damien Sokolov "I see you"
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Avaline Anders "A medic's job is never finished"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 08:56:57 AM »
"Not you're fault Av'leen" Came the hoarse voice of Gray who was still only just registering chunks of the conversation.

Sapphire glided across the room to pick up the two chairs before placing them beside the bed and looking at Xanh and Avaline. "You two look exhausted. I'll see if I can find some more chairs. Are we expecting anyone else to come and visit?"

Marticus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »
Viridian shook his head as he watched Gray get shot down by Nathan. "Did that guy seriously get to just walk away after that? How pathetic". And it was pathetic really. Punk should've been disqualified on the spot at the very least, and in Viridian's personal opinion, got a good ass kicking for it too. "No, I have my doubts anyone else will turn up. Unless Nathan's on his way to apologise. Or finish the job. Think you can fight him off pal?", Viridian directed the last part at Gray, though honestly, he'd be the first in line to throttle Nathan Eau six ways to sorry.

Viridian sighed softly and wandered over to lean on the window ledge. He was greeted by a rather nice view though he quickly turned around enough to look back at Sapphire. "What are they saying about recovery?".

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »
Knock Knock. No, I'm already there- I am already there and they sure have noticed me.

Twisting the door knob and moving in, the first thing he have stated is:
"First of all I'm here not to harm you or something, I've gone through the security procedures and complied with it. Unlike your killers…" The second point will be the point.
"That aura gauge is perfectly working, I've got my hands on that one through some…undead horse means and you can't be down on aura. Ok, no seriously. I'm going to fight Nathan in the next fight. Before you ask," he took his Vale ID card out so that he clearly identify himself as Catalina Glenn.
"If he's that kind of bloodthirsty person then I'm deader than dead given my aura isn't always on. If he didn't know what he was doing to you then he is innocent and I don't have to sleep unsure of what he could've done to me."
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 11:37:06 PM »
Gray couldn't help but smile and laugh at Viridian's comment even though laughing hurt a bit. "I'll be right."
"You couldn't even deal with him without the injury" Sapphire said with a slight amount of sternness though mostly amusement. "I haven't heard about his expected recovery time yet. All i know is that he should be fine with enough time. They managed to get his life out of danger pretty quickly. I guess It's a good thing medical staff were right there to help him." As someone else entered the room and Sapphire recognised it wasn't a doctor her hands were immediately up at her cheeks and her legs spread in a typical south-paw kickboxing stance. She lowered it once she heard what was said. "He probably won't be able to answer you yet. I can tell you that the injury was probably an accident though. If your aura isn't always up the same thing could easily happen to you though. The kid sure seemed like he was going to continue his attack even after shooting Gray. I'd be careful if I were you."

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 10:11:23 AM »
I can wait. I wanted to just take what he says to take a stance and not blindly support or go against Nathan in a personal level.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF