Author Topic: A Difference In Social Skills [CLOSED]  (Read 28186 times)

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Re: A Difference In Social Skills [CLOSED]
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 09:22:23 PM »
The answer that Ayaka provided Isabelle with was strange at best, but there wasn't much she could do other than give a doubtful "Mhmm," and leave it at that. Iron's unusual display soon took up most of her attention, making the girl raise an eyebrow.

Honestly, it just seemed like a joke. Him calling her a 'lovely lady' had her certain of that, at least for a few moments. But as she watched him fidget in place, part of her had to wonder if there was a possibility that he wasn't messing with her, and that he had actually believed that something was going on here. Whatever that thing was, she didn't even know, but that brief moment of considering it was enough to set the girl into a panic. Could she really be on a date and not realize it?

'... No, you idiot.' The perpetual blush on her face deepened, but she quickly shook her head. Nope. There was no way he was being serious. It was just so outside of his usual behavior that it had caught her off-guard. She should have been glad that he was loosening up a little, but apparently that just meant he was going to start teasing her relentlessly. Talk about a plan backfiring.

"That's not funny," the short faunus scolded Iron with a serious look on her face, most likely failing to intimidate or concern him at all. "I don't know why I even want to hang out with you jerks." Despite the annoyed look on her face, she didn't truly mean that; it probably still beat hanging out with her bitch of a sister.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2019, 10:41:19 PM »
Well. Iron’s ruse had been easily revealed, though he wasn’t too surprised that it was. Deciding to finally stop acting like a lovesick dolt, Iron returns to his blank expression to properly converse with the two. However, it quickly returned to something out of character for him as Iron would bring up the hand that held Isabelle’s hand close to his face. Flexing it open and close as if considering something, Iron would intensely concentrate on the feelings he had gotten. Almost under his breath, Iron would voice his forbidden thoughts instead of continuing any form of normal conversation.

”Hm… how delicate.”

Without context, it sounds extremely strange. With context, it still sounds strange but at least Iron’s reasoning was clear. Iron always struggled with things that required a finer touch when it came to his projects, and usually Iron would just brute force it or take extensive lengths for it to not get in the way. However… Isabelle’s hand was a mixture of being soft yet firm, presumably from years of hard work and combat. Iron would sincerely consider recruiting Isabelle for a few of his projects.

Though, for what Isabelle and Ayaka sees, it’s just Iron being shocked about what Isabelle’s hand felt like. What a loser.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2019, 03:30:04 AM »
     "Are you that starved for affection that something as simple as hand-holding amuses you?" Ayaka taunted, a single eyebrow was raised and her arms were crossed. Whatever the reason it's not like she had any right to be saying so either...though something as simple as that was silly. "Perhaps you should leave your cave more, Iron."

Letting out a sigh, Ayaka darted her view about wondering what would be good to pass the time. Perhaps the two were on a date, but now that she was here she might as well entertain herself. Several passers-by caught the girl's attention, not particularly because they were of any importance, but because some of them carried the same doll as she did. Small, cuddly, and something she wouldn't be caught dead with in public, Ayaka moved her inconspicuously conspicuous bag out of view once more and coughed to draw the attention of her friends.

A drink, maybe that's what she needed. Something to quench her thirst and perhaps a meal as well. That's what normal kids her age did anyways during outings, wasn't it? "Is there anywhere I could get a glass of water? I don't come here a lot and I am feeling quite hungry."

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2019, 03:42:54 AM »
Isabelle didn't exactly spend a lot of time touching other people, but it was still hard for her not to be caught off-guard by his strange reaction to doing such a thing. It wasn't atypical behavior for him to be socially weird, but at the same time, she had never heard anything like that out of him. It wasn't too rude, but it wasn't exactly a compliment either. "Uhh..." Ayaka's response only made her more uncomfortable. The word she had chosen, 'hand-holding', Isabelle believed it had a certain implication to it that she didn't like. Yes, they had literally been holding hands, but it wasn't anything that was supposed to be affectionate at all! Just the thought made her feel uneasy. Not because of Iron in particular, but thanks to her deep-seated insecurities that made her feel not good enough for anything of the sort. If Ayaka really believed they were on a date, she would never hear the end of it from her teammates, and she didn't need the reminder of her utter failure of a romantic life.

Somewhat predictably, Isabelle didn't voice any of these thoughts. She silently folded her arms together and looked away from them both, her face quite obviously flustered. She knew she shouldn't have cared about what other people thought of her, nor should she spend so much time thinking about such trivial things as holding hands. Pushing it down like always, she cleared her throat and looked back at the other two.

"... Let's buy some clothes. Since we're in a clothing store, where they don't sell water. We can get your stuff first, Iron."

Pretending like it had never happened didn't exactly put Isabelle's overactive mind to rest, but if she could move on with the day, it would work well enough. That didn't stop her from thinking about how his hand had felt, now that the thought had been introduced to her brain. Maybe he was weird, but her exposure to human contact was also lower than average. It was impossible not to dwell on it a little, but she didn't want to fool herself into thinking that it might have been more than it was. In reality, the two of them were just really, really awkward.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2019, 08:29:08 PM »
Iron frowns at the two of them, and immediately straightens his posture as he composes himself in spite of their silliness. Surely, there was nothing wrong with his actions, and the two clearly do not understand the complex logic behind it. Clearly Iron would have to play Ayaka’s little game and take her bait. ”May I remind you that you as well live in that so-called ‘cave’?” Iron leans in a somewhat aggressive manner to get in Ayaka’s face with a full blown smirk to continue with his comments. ”You should stop projecting your own issues and desires onto other people, it’s unbecoming of you.”

Iron would’ve continued to prod at Ayaka for their verbal skirmish, but Isabelle’s ‘order’ stopped that in its tracks. On that same note, Iron wasn’t too sure on what’s going on with his leader, but he supposes there wouldn’t be much to dwell on as it’s clear she doesn’t want to talk about it. With a shrug, Iron would lead the two off to the part of the store for his sweaters and coats, not before making a quip directed towards Ayaka.

”I suppose while we’re on our way, do you want your hand held? Might as well fulfill your impure desires with someone respectable enough.”

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2019, 11:14:52 AM »
     Ayaka sniffed but couldn't help but hide the tiniest hint of a smile.  "I have no reason to. I don't need you to guide me nor am I a child that would stroll off chasing ants. Whatever conclusion you've come to to think such a thing, I'm sure it would need a little bit more thought. " The idea did tint the tip of her ears pink but her face remained hard as stone. "Maybe an mechanical head would help as much as that third arm of yours world."

Having enough of their little jabs at each other, Ayaka broke off and turned towards the clothes strewn about. Casual wear seemed to dominate the racks while a few fashionable assortments caught her eye. Luckily, none of them were hoodies. The ubiquitous jacket seemed to be everywhere lately and she didn't want to be seen next to someone wearing one all day.  She was the daughter of a seamstress after all.

A few thoughts came to mind with Iron's style, but not really knowing his preferences she went ahead and tossed him a few hangers with a couple of plain but cool colored dress shirts. Even those would make her caveman of a teammate look decent in public. "Here, try this on." She practically commanded, "Maybe Isabelle has some stuff for you to try too. Mind you these are not for combat."
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2019, 03:12:04 AM »
Iron catches the clothing thrown at him, with his face twisting in slight displeasure as he glances over the recommended articles. While he’s not against it, Iron supposes that extra clothing would help and things other than sweaters would be better for any more excursions. Iron’s gaze scan the store for a nearby fitting room before frowning once more as it would take too much time with everything that needs to be done.

Well. Iron is someone that knows how to keep things simple to get things done. Swiftly removing the hanger from one of the dress shirts, Iron quickly removed his coat and sweater. It briefly revealed his upper body (as if Iron really cared), but he quickly put the dress shirt on before anyone else would notice. To be honest, Iron appreciates the feel of the shirt as he twists and turns as the fabric moves with him. Though, it does feel rather tight around the torso.

”Hm. You have good taste, I suppose. Do try to keep it civil as I look for similar clothing of my size. Please watch over my sweater and coat.”

Iron picks up the two clothes off the ground before deftly tossing it in the two's direction. With that, Iron leaves the two alone as he starts to browse similar articles nearby of various colors and sizes. However, he’s still within earshot should his attention be required, in many different ways.

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2019, 09:20:50 AM »
Isabelle's eyes shot back and forth between her two bickering teammates, her annoyed expression slowly shifting into one of disappointment. It was a rare occurrence for these two to interact without them feeling the need to argue about something, so she was used to it by now. Her attention drifted away from the pair as she turned and peered around the store once again. Seeing the variety of clothing served as another reminder of how lacking her wardrobe was in both color and variety. She pursed her lips. Lucina had not contacted her yet, so she probably wasn't going to be here in time to give her advice on that. Iron didn't really strike her as someone who knew a lot about women's fashion. That left her with Ayaka as the only option. Her tastes were odd, but she could put together an outfit much more than Isabelle could.

Turning back to her teammates, Isabelle suddenly noticed Iron... taking his clothes off? 'What did I miss?' Not a moment later, he put on a dress shirt in its place. She stared at him out of perplexity for a couple seconds before simply shaking her head. The look suited him, but she was a little too distracted by his behavior to comment on that.

"Changing rooms are a thing, you know. They exist," Belle mused quietly while catching his coat and sweater out of the air. The faunus let out a sigh as he walked off, standing in place as she got to work on folding the articles for Iron. "Hm. I could use a break from him."

Once his clothes were neatly folded into a small pile that she held under her arm, Isabelle looked up at Ayaka. There was a brief moment of silence, of hesitation, but she made herself fight through the embarrassment. "Hey, Ayaka. Would you, uh... Would you mind helping me pick out some new clothes? Maybe?" Her meek tone made it obvious that she felt uncomfortable asking. However, this was the best opportunity she was going to get. Iron wasn't there to make comments on her lame fashion sense, though she assumed she would have to bear some of that from Ayaka too.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2019, 02:19:02 AM »
     Face blank as a rock, Ayaka watched as Iron slid into the clothes she offered. Simple, maybe a bit on the small side for him, but overall clean and sleek. It reminded her of the time when she helped out at her family's tailoring shop; though she did get told a lot to not glare so much at people as she took their sizes.

Stepping aside as Iron tossed his clothes, Ayaka noticed Isabelle approach soon after with clothes in hand and a fidget in her step.

Once his clothes were neatly folded into a small pile that she held under her arm, Isabelle looked up at Ayaka. There was a brief moment of silence, of hesitation, but she made herself fight through the embarrassment. "Hey, Ayaka. Would you, uh... Would you mind helping me pick out some new clothes? Maybe?" Her meek tone made it obvious that she felt uncomfortable asking. However, this was the best opportunity she was going to get. Iron wasn't there to make comments on her lame fashion sense, though she assumed she would have to bear some of that from Ayaka too.

Ayaka stared blankly before tilting her head. To be perfectly honest she saw nothing inherently wrong with Isabelle's state of dress. Maybe because she herself didn't care what other girls wore. However, she did see why her feline friend would be distraught, hoodies weren't exactly on the fashionable side.

Rows of clothes laid before them on racks and shelves, certainly something here could satisfy her needs. "Sick of hoodies?" Ayaka quipped flatly, head tilting towards a hooded mannequin. The mannequin stared flatly in response. Rude.

It took a moment, but Ayaka quickly approached Isabelle and inspected her from head to toe. Small of frame, though not inherently scrawny, loose clothing would flow well on her. Pale skin, so best avoid anything too garishly bright. The ears limited the number of hats she could sport, but there were always ones that were Faunus-friendly too.  Same goes for skirts and pants, a quick fix could suffice to accommodate her tail.

Grabbing a few outfits, Ayaka silently lifted one after another in front of Isabelle, trying to make heads or tails of which one to use. A small white blouse, a fashionable coat, a large baggy jacket, some hot pants, a beanie, and both slacks and jeans seemed to have zoomed pass the girl's silhouette in flash. Mix matching stuff was difficult and when it came to girls one had to take the personality into consideration as well.

"Street wear or  something more...frilly?" she murmured, looking at Isabelle like a dress-up doll. Ayaka scratched her head while ignoring the fact that she left her 'special package' on the side for just anyone to pick up.

Students

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2019, 08:38:56 AM »
Isabelle reeled back ever so slightly as Ayaka tilted her head, bracing herself. Despite her worries, the response she had gotten was not quite as harsh as she had been prepared for. Okay, maybe her clothes weren't that bad, but within her own team, it was still blatantly obvious that she had the most bare-minimum fashion sense out of them all. For a good while, she had been quite content with that. No need to draw unnecessary attention to herself. However, she had come to accept that living under a spotlight was an inescapable truth in their line of work. Avoiding the public eye was a foolish thing to hope for, so perhaps it would be better to try and look her best after all.

On a deeper level, she had grown tired of her current self image after realizing what she had the potential to be. She wanted to look cool like everyone else. Even though she wouldn't admit it, she wanted to be popular. A pipe dream, maybe, but everything started with baby steps.

"Something of the sort," she responded to her teammates inquiry, glancing off to the side. Isabelle still sort of liked the clothes that she wore, but she also knew she could do better. It seemed that Ayaka agreed, holding up a number of different outfits to 'test' on her. Her eyes watched each and every one, and for almost all of it, her brow was furrowed with doubt. Yep, she had zero clue as to whether or not any of this looked good on her. Apparently she needed all the help she could get.

At Ayaka's next question about style choice, Isabelle hummed softly in response. For her, both options seemed a little vague, though that was mostly due to her painful lack of knowledge on the subject. Street wear... 'What exactly is that?', she had to wonder. It sounded like something Lucina would wear. However accurate that was, she didn't truly know, but she did know that she liked the way Lucy looked. Whether her guess was right or wrong, it didn't sound like something that would fit her. A little too cool, maybe.

"Frilly, I suppose." Isabelle didn't own anything particularly cute, nor did she believe herself to be all that adorable. However, she had received that as a compliment enough times to have some hope of pulling it off. The idea of dressing up in something pretty outside of rare occasions didn't sound all that bad.

As Ayaka took her response into consideration, it occurred to the faunus that she was still carrying Iron's clothes. It was mildly annoying to have had that task literally thrown onto her, and she was more than ready to pass it off already. "Mind if I put these in your bag, Ayaka?" By now, she had already forgotten about her teammate's unusual behavior when it came to the shopping bag in question, so she didn't feel that it was asking for too much.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2020, 11:59:13 PM »
And thus, one metal boy returns, this time with a bag full of newly found shirts. He will be so fashionable now. Though, he doesn't quite care about that at all now that he thinks about it. Iron just raises an eyebrow at the two, who seems to be looking into clothes of their own! He honestly thought he was get left hanging here because apparently a nice coat isn't fashionable whatsoever. His normally dull voice seems to actually have some life in it now. "I have returned, and it seems you two are doing some shopping of your own as well." He pushes up his glasses a bit, seems that it had loosened and started sliding off his nose. He'll have to fix that. "... Do we have the Lien for this?"

It seems more pointed towards the two rather than himself, due to the fact that, well, he makes Lien on a nearly daily basis...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 07:02:55 AM by NotSurprised »