Author Topic: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Juno Vert vs. Coconut Cream  (Read 5851 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 bracket- Round 1: Juno Vert vs. Coconut Cream
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 01:29:50 AM »
Man, Juno's glare was kind of intense - it was obvious that he was taking this fight seriously. Well, it was no joke cor Coconut either! He wasn't quite expecting for Juno to dash past him, but another low blow wasn't entirely unexpected - it still clipped his ankle before he could pull it back, though.

He turned on his heels to run after Juno who had already made it into the forest. With him stopping in the clearing, it was obvious that he had some trick up his sleeve - but Coconut hadn't run out of his own just yet either.

As he dashed towards his opponent Coco briefly closed his eyes, remembering what Prism had taught him - imagine the weapon as an extension of yourself. Focus your aura in it, and...

Coco opened his eyes again, a faint glow around O.T.N.'s blade. As he was now in the clearing as well, he sent a pair of diagonal slashes into the air - and out from his sword came jagged lines of cream-colored light flying in Juno's direction. Coco still hadn't mastered them - the damage they dealt wasn't incredible, but their purpose was only to let Coconut close the gap.

Once he had, however, he went for another attack - Juno had changed his grip and was holding the sword conventionally right now, which largely meant he should be able to parry as well as Coconut himself, in theory. His best shot was a low strike - a slash aimed at Juno's legs.

(Aura slashes: 2x4% for 5% stamina, regular slash is 5% for 3% stamina)

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [█████-----] 52%
  Aura: [██████----] 60%
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 12:17:07 PM »
(Grab permitted by Walt)

Sword beams. He could throw sword beams. Very well, his opponent wasn’t exclusively short ranged. He could deal with that. The situation was under his control. All he had to do was outfight Coco, and all would be well. Not too difficult, right? He already had a steady lead. However, it was best to finish this sooner than later. Coco’s sword had another form, he had seen it. There had to be some reason the boy was keeping it hidden.

Swift in his movements, Juno ducked under the first wave, blocking the second as he saw the first cleave through a tree behind him, messily removing a particularly thick branch. By the time he had refocused his attention to Coco, however, the boy had already lashed out with the sword proper, striking him in the leg.

Welp. So much for traditional swordsmanship.

Juno was quick to shift his grip once more, his blade held in a reverse grip with his left hand as he lashed out with his right, fighters curling around his opponent’s neck. A devilish smile crossed his lips as he looked the boy in the eye, his aura erupting around him yet again as he triggered his semblance, his body freezing for a second as a result. Once he was able to move again, however, Juno’s grip tightened, lifting the boy into the air for another second before turning around and, with a bit of a running start, shoving the boy into the tree. A sharp crack shattered the air as the oak split against Coco’s back before Juno let him go, throwing him through the remainder of the tree, Juno’s violent violet aura subsiding as he watched the boy fly. Planting his sword into the ground, Juno dropped into a squat for a moment, his hands on his knees as he caught his breath. Using Full Stop offensively was risky; it certainly helped him hit harder and toss people around, but repeated use was exhausting. He probably had one more in him, and even at that, he’d have to close out the fight with it. Eyes flicking to his opponent, Juno pulled the sword out of the ground as he stood up, returning to a defensive stance as he awaited Coco’s next move.

[Aura: 67%]
[Full Stop Throw: 15%]
[Active: 0| Standby: 5| Charging: 0]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:20:09 PM by Rush »
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 01:52:43 PM »
it's a hard knock life, for us

The aura slashes were nothing more than a gap closer and a distraction - never the less, he made a mental note to thank Prism for training him again. He had plenty to thank her for.

The slash connecting was a good sign - the grin and flash of aura from Juno was not. Coconut knew something was up the moment Juno lit up again - it was his semblance. The boy was ready to attack again, and did just that - proving his theory on what that semblance was at that as Coconut's attempt at stabbing Juno in the gut was met with a similar result as his first attack. The sword bounced off as if it had struck a solid wall, Juno not budging an inch.

He would have tried to do another attack then, but there was a slight problem - that problem being that he was then smashed through a tree. Fully. Coco released a pained yell as the wood shattered on his back. The entire tree fell down - Coconut behind it.

Coconut gasped for air - Juno was much more brutal than he would have ever expected. The gap in aura was growing wider with every attack - he needed to even the score. It had seemed like a bad move at the start, but he had little choice left at this point.

Coco forced himself up with one arm, O.T.N. in his other hand. Once had had made himself stable on one foot and one knee, he twisted the sword's handle again, turning it back into its long sword form. Cream then rushed towards Juno again, seemingly with the same recklessness as before. A diagonal slash to Juno's upper body - an unsurprising parry, but, strangely, Coco seemed to still be moving forward, reaching past the locked blades...

He then went for a headbutt. No more, no less - a headbutt. Whether or not it worked, he still went on to his next move - pulling O.T.N. back for a slash at Juno from the other side. Hopefully, the strike to his head would have come as enough of a surprise to disorient him - if not, well. The fight wasn't over yet.

(Stab was 8% for 4% stamina, headbutt is 4% damage and swing is 8% for 5)

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [███-------] 38%
  Aura: [████------] 45%
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 11:06:28 AM »
The boy’s sudden rushing attack was reckless, poorly thought out, and was seen from a mile away, even with Juno still recovering from the effects of Full Stop. Honestly, it would have been shameful for him not to parry the incoming slash. Said interception was quick, his blade having lost its heated edge while he had taken a moment to rest. His stance steady as the two blades were locked, Juno prepared to break off and attack from another angle, maybe find some way to end the fight quickly.

A sharp pain to his forehead put a halt to that idea entirely.

Juno clutched his head as he stumbled backward, looking up at Coco in time to recieve another slash across his chest from the longsword. So the guy still had some fight left in him. Good.

Steadying himself for but a moment, Juno depressed both triggers on the hilt of the Type J, prompting the blade to slide open with an audible hiss, its three major contact points rearranging themselves slightly to reveal the core of the blade; a jet black dust conduit. Returning to a defensive stance, Juno squeezed both triggers once again, eyes locked on Coco as he threw a single disk directly at the young man, almost egging him to rush him again.

[Aura: 48%]
[Disc: 5%]
[Type: J-Eruption Charging]
[Active: 1| Standby: 4| Charging: 0]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:27:52 AM by Rush »

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 12:01:31 AM »
Prism had been on the edge of her seat the entire round. Showing up for your teammate's matches were only traditional - and if Prism wasn't going to take advantage of free front-row seats to the Vytal Festival while she could, well - strip her wings and call her a chicken. The idea of Coconut fighting Juno Vert was nervewracking for her, and she wasn't even the one competing. She'd literally been on the edge of her seat the whole time, constantly bouncing one knee while constantly chowing down on the popcorn she'd bought prior to the match. Her reactions were as comical as the fight itself, cheering loudly with every blow Coco struck and wincing with every slash against him. Her loudest cheering had been when he'd used the technique she'd managed to teach him shortly before the festival, watching proudly as he managed actual sword beams.

It's when Juno throws him through a tree that the nervous faunus' tense frame finally snaps. She practically erupts from her chair, spilling popcorn onto the ground and slamming her hands onto the wall in front of her. Her wings flare, and it looks like she's excited enough to take off over the edge of the stadium and fly into the ring - her loud yelling surprising for someone of her size as Coco recovers and tries to retaliate against Juno. "KICK HIS ASS, COCONUT! YOU'VE GOT THIS, YOU'RE GOLDEN!"
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 03:24:34 AM »
Akel had been leaning forward slightly the entire match, she was eager to watch Juno fight and to learn some more about how he fought, this was the first time she got to see Juno in actual combat so that was a plus.

Although Akel was acquainted with both of the participants, she personally wanted Juno to win the match and advance and see him win the finals. 'Don't lose to him, you're not going to live down all of the nut jokes if you do' was all the faunus could think of in any relation to the concern of her dear friend.

Akel looked at the board to see the aura levels of the participants and saw Prism get up and encourage her own teammate, a few taps of her foot and Akel also got up from her seat, her composure breaking away and hands slamming into the guard wall "YOU BETTER WIN, JUNO!" Akel yelled, hoping that Juno would win the fight.
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »
Coconut was running low on steam - by the sound of it, so was Juno's weapon, though Coconut had no idea what that actually meant. Either way, if he had any shot at winning this thing, he needed to bring out all he got.

Coco raised one arm to take the hit from the disc head-on with his forarm. His other arm moved O.T.N. back onto the latches on his back - it briefly seemed like he was putting it away. Had he given up the fight?

Not a chance.

He twisted the handle again, but it didn't return to its shortsword form. A series of clicking noises came from his back as the latches detatched from his cloak - and attached to the blade. He swung the blade back to the front just as the extensions crawled up the sword, extending it further. 180 cm of proper steel - nothing extravagant. Nothing fancy. But a whole lot of force to worry about.

Juno was waiting for Coconut to make his move - that much was clear. But, whether or not he'd win, Coconut would give this all he got. He would go down swinging!

...Literally.

He made a quick dash forward with O.T.N. slightly trailing behind. Coconut swung the weapon around, aiming for a wide upwards-diagonal slash. His hair was falling flat on his forehead from the sweat already - he could feel himself strain as he swung his massive weapon. But he had to fight on.

(Golden O.T.N. swing: 15% damage for 10% stamina)

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [██--------] 28%
  Aura: [████------] 41%
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 01:43:48 PM by Walter »

My good ole AMA

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 03:11:11 PM »
It was clear that his opponent was tired, from his posture, to his breathing, to the sweat dripping from his forehead. Sure, the fight had dragged for a bit longer than Juno had wanted, but he could definitely keep going for longer than Coco could. At this point, finishing this off might end up more about letting the boy tire himself ou-

That is a big sword.

That is a big sword that is evidently heavy as all hell.

Quick to respond, Juno threw a shield up to his side, eyes widening as it cracked on impact, but still held firm. The kid had managed to put a crack in hardlight. He couldn’t allow this fight to go on... but Type J didn’t have enough of a charge to finish the job. Maybe a few more seconds...

Quick to back out of range, Juno let the cracked shield shatter completely, his fingers still pressing the triggers of his blade as the dust conduit began to glow, a red cirtcuitry pattern illuminating its way down the slab of black metal.

[Aura: 48%]
[Type-J: Eruption Charging (2)]
[Active: 0| Standby: 3| Charging: 2]

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 03:14:08 AM »
This was Coconut's first time using Golden O.T.N. against someone properly - the force it sent back through his body as it smashed against the hardlight shield was intense, and that hadn't even been the boy using all of his force. Maybe it was time to do just that.

Juno hadn't attacked - he was clearly preparing something big. If Coconut had any shot at winning this, he needed to go all out. He tightly grasped the hilt of his sword with both hands, pulling the blade back one last time. Every muscle in his body clenched as he swung the weapon forward, roaring out as he put every ounce of his strength into an attack which would determine the way the fight would end.

The fight had been intense, that was for sure. It seemed like both of them were pretty much fighting on fumes now. Whoever wins, Coconut knew one thing for sure - he'd ask Juno to spar some time in the near future. No way to improve without a good challenge.

(Final Golden O.T.N. slash: 35% damage for 25% stamina)

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [----------] 3%
  Aura: [████------] 41%
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:17:01 AM by Walter »

My good ole AMA

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2018, 04:06:43 AM »
[Autohit granted by Walt. GG, m’dude]

Juno was quick to throw up another shield as he saw the incoming strike, wary of how effective it would be given what happened to the last one. An attack to the side, just like the last... but there was something different about this one. Coco’s movements came faster, he had exerted more energy in this than he had with the last one. His shield was going to fail.

Juno glanced at the barrier of hardlight just as the sword made contact, cracking through it in its entirety, his eyes widening as individual plates fizzled out of existence. One last option, and he had to finish with it.

Sticking out his free hand to intercept the blade, Juno took a deep breath before erupting in a brilliant show of his Violet aura, pain shooting through his arm and shoulder as he stopped the blade on his palm. A quick check to the aura counter allowed him to breathe a sigh of relief. 18%. He was still in this.

Eyes settling on a clearly exhausted Coco, a devilish smirk crossed his lips before he dashed forward, rearing his blade wielding fist back for a sharp punch to the boy’s stomach with his full force behind it, thrusting his arm forward with a mighty yell as he struck the boy... only to be drowned out as his sword erupted into flames, followed by a forceful explosion that rocked the field, cracking the ground around the two and launching Coconut far into the forest.

As the dust cleared, Juno stood where he was, panting as the brilliant light of Full Stop fizzled out. The first thing to fall was the sword, clattering against the ground as he dropped it, and then fell to his knees, one hand of the ground as he clutched his head. That was too close, and a tad too much for him to take. Good to know. He’d have to dial back his use of Full Stop for the rest of this. But in the meantime... he couldn’t help but laugh to himself. He won.

[Aura: 18%]
[Full Stop Punch: 15%, Type-J: Eruption Charge 2: 20%]
[Active: 0| Standby: 2| Charging: 3]

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 04:40:11 AM »
Crashing a hardlight construct like that was about the most satisfying feeling out there - only for a brief moment did Coconut get to consider how powerful that strike had actually been. If only he could have done that sooner...

Coconut grunted as he was roughly punched in the gut, as if it had been smashed with a stone - and the following explosion was no better. The boy was flung through the air, stopped only by another tree near the edge of the arena. At least that one hadn't shattered behind him. Golden O.T.N. had flown out of his hand, however, and embedded itself through the trunk of another tree, buried to the hilt. Getting that out would be a pain.

Cream coughed as he glanced over at the aura bars on the screen. Despite his loss, a smirk still crept on his weary face. He had gotten Juno down to just 18%. That's about as close as the fight could have been.

Alas, he was pretty much done. After exherting himself that much and getting blown up, he couldn't even stand. He laid his head back against the tree trunk, content with just listening to the roaring crowd for a moment longer. One day, that crowd would roar in honor of his victory - even if that day wasn't this one.

Coco's Battle Stats:
  Stamina: [----------] 3%
  Aura: [----------] 6%

My good ole AMA