Author Topic: A Pinch of SALT [Closed]  (Read 22816 times)

Kaliot

• View Profile
A Pinch of SALT [Closed]
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:05:46 PM »
Atlas
Atlas Academy
Dormitory: Room of Team SALT

Avery LeBlanc
Attire: Atlas school uniform
Weapons: Philou[compressed] (hip), Viriti (hip)
General Vicinity: Nobody
Immediate Vicinity: Aurum, Topaz

"Where did you get all this stuff, anyway?" Avery knelt to the floor and sifted through a heap of knick-knacks that Aurum had managed to procure. Somehow. Glancing over the various items, he reached out, grabbed a rubber bass. and squeezed it. It let out a high-pitched screech that lasted ten seconds too long. Not saying a word, it replaced it and began to sift through the pile again.

"What sort of contraption do you plan on making today?"
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: A Pinch of SALT [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:44:02 PM »
Aurum idly fiddled with what seemed to be a few feet of yarn as Avery Spoke, the words going in one ear and out the other, and balled up all the makeshift rope into something that only a cat would love. Next he grabbed the squeaking bass from Avery's grasp and a makeshift hook that lay nearby, a stick he plucked off one of the few standing trees in their desolate academy, and some sort of magnet pair.

"It's not a matter of where, bro, Aurum said, sticking thumbtacks into one side of the stick. " because with the proper know-how you can get anything in this Remnant-forsaken excuse of an academy. A little trade here, a confession there, a promise to do someone's homework. The usual.

Sticking the yarn-rope-thing to the end of the stick Aurum figured he'd need something to hold it and grabbed an empty dust canister and duck-taped the whole thing to the stick.

"Do you think Sovereign would mind doing 3 weeks worth of homework for someone?
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 12:01:49 AM »
"I don't see why not, just gotta convince him is all." Topaz said from behind her book only half paying attention to Aurums ,thing, it didn't look quite interesting yet but she assumed it would be in a bit. Certainly looked odd in its current state.

"Of course if you studied the homework wouldn't be a issue and you wouldn't have to trap someone else."Sparing another glance at the contraption she saw it had grown into an intricate trap and Topaz couldn't help but sigh and shake her head a little. 'If he put half the time he spent making these things studying he would be a genius by now'.She internally monologed turning back to the book at hand.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:40:05 AM »
Avery opened and closed his hands as if trying to come to terms that the object he had been holding was no longer there. He briefly hummed before continuing to rummage through the pile.

"I don't think Aurum's study habits are the issue here". Aurum had been off using their face again, clearly. Avery just hoped that he didn't get roped into Aurum's backroom dealing as well.

Avery pulled something else out of the heap: a bag of balloons. But not just any balloons, trick balloons. If you pop one, that all manage to pop because their inner lining is coated with an extremely thin layer of fire Dust. They'd actually been banned in Atlas as they were deemed 'too dangerous', but they are still sold everywhere else in the world.

He tossed the bag over to Aurum regardless if he was actually paying attention or not, and it was then that Avery finally noticed the contraption. He was flabbergasted, as always, by Aurum's little work of art but he made no comments.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:25:09 PM »
"Oh the homework isn't mine, of course. I took sovereigns a few days ago and renamed it. Or was it Avery's...Oh well. Anyways studying really is the least of my worries, I'm quite the genius as you can see for yourself!" Aurum said, hefting up the stick-yarn-fish-can-thing while grabbing the baloons from midair. Taking the baloons he started stuffing some in the fishes' mouth while tying others to its tail and fins. He needed something for a bit more oomph though she he got a small makeshift firecracker and added it in as well. "I mean, who else but me can create such an awesome piece of...what is this anyways?"

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 08:35:28 PM »
Topz gave a small disappointed sign toward the notion of Aurum stealing someone's homework but didn't bother pursuing it more, it just wasn't worth it with him. "How do you not know what you built? That doesn't make sense." She put down her book and quizzically examined Autumn newest contraption."Looks to me like a floating, fish gut bomb, or something of the like. I wouldn't want to be under it when it goes. What's the plan with it then?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:39:46 AM by mylies43 »

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »
"Hmm, something like a talking exploding fish blimp... He replied, studying the object in his hands. "Hey Topaz, help me think of a name for it. All great inventions need names. Hidenburg? Fishenburg? Aqua kirov? no...I need something that just shouts 'EXPLODING FLOATING FISH' when you hear it."
Students

Professors

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 11:05:59 AM »
"You could always just call it 'The Exploding Floating Fish'," Avery chuckled to himself despite how obviously stupid his joke was. "Or 'Chance of Aurum Acing a Math Test'. Or 'Chance of Sovereign Smooth-Talking a Lady'. Or 'Chance of Avery Winning Any Meaningful Tournament'." He thought we would wash away his terrible joke with partly self-deprecating humor, though it wasn't his style so he wasn't sure how it actually came off.

Avery ceased sifting through the pile and plopped onto his bed and just observed Aurum and his antics, occasionally giving advice on the specific placement of things to yield the best end result.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 04:32:15 PM »
Topaz gave Avery a dead faced expression to make sure he knew how bad that joke was."If you want people to run away from it you could go with Aurums face, everyone would be terrified then." She poked the balloon wondering how much force would be needed to blow it and spread the fish everywhere.

"You know what would've been great, if we let the fish rot for a bit to make them smell really bad AND THEN put in the Tsar Tadpole. Make everyone hate us more. "

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 08:37:50 PM »
"It's rubber, topaz. Rubbberrrr Aurum said, half raspberry and half rolling his tongue.  "But a smelly real fish...WOULD BE GENIUS! TOPAZ HOLD THIS FOR ME!

Aurum tossed the contraption over to Topaz, the weird combination of line, rubber bass, and balloons tangling over the girl while Aurum grabbed his scroll shouting something along the lines of 'Ey, you got some spares in the kitchen?' while dashing out the room.
Students

Professors

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 03:07:44 AM »
Topaz untangled herself from the mess of string shaking her head,"What have I done..." she murmured. Finally getting herself untangled she examined it the thing further deciding it really wasn't such a bad piece of equipment, but it was at the mercy of the wind. For now. Whipping open her tool box she began work on adding some motors and fins to control it.

"Whadda think Avery? Once we get the fish in here we're going to basically be terrorist." She said flying it around the room.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 04:54:39 PM »
Avery hummed to himself, contemplating their, or at least his, next possible actions.

"I didn't think you would have a hand in making this contraption," Avery said. "In any case, I think it is going to be a complete disaster. A successful disaster, mind you, but a disaster nonetheless." He could see it now, him and the rest of Team SALT in one of three rooms explaining to one of three people what exactly they expected to accomplish with this thing.

His eyes followed the flying contraption as it moved about the room. His head cocked slightly to one side. "Hey Taylor, while your tinkering with that, would you mind doing me a favor by installing a killswitch onto it?"
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 10:42:26 PM »
(OOC: Sorry for the delay, school and finals =(. I am back now though so I can post normally.)

"Pft, as if anything we do isn't a successful disasterShe played with a moment longer before responding to Averys inquiry."Sure, I guess if you wanna be boring we could. Just saying though that regardless I'm pretty sure just for trying to make it we'd get in trouble."

She landed it and began installing a couple of things on the inside to counter the balloon hoping it would be enough, the smell was still going to be a issue but there's no real way to get of it really."You not gonna add something to this? If we get in trouble you're not excluded so might as well."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:12:10 PM by mylies43 »

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 03:23:09 PM »
Avery shrugged off the "boring" comment having heard it constantly from his brothers. "This is as you say," Avery kissed the tip of his fingers and blew them outward, "A work of art and I am no artist." He clasped his hands together. "Anyway, I'll only get in trouble by association, and stopping him early will only pent up his desires even more leading to an even grander, possibly more dangerous scheme. Probably." He shrugged. "We'll keep it as our trump card just in case things get a lot hairier than expected." Which was usually always.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 02:22:39 PM »
Topaz nodded her head in agreement while playing with some more. "Sounds good, probably should study for classes and what not instead of being in detention and cleaning stuff. "Finishing the failsafe she pushed it into the middle of the room and resumed reading her book."How long does it take to find some fish? Feels like he's been gone for ages. Think he got lost or something?"She said looking our the door and trying to listen for any sounds of Aurums return.