Author Topic: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 3/8]  (Read 20085 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 3/8]
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 11:37:08 AM »
Razz didn't have much to hold onto, and even if he tried, he would probably lose his grasp as his hands were still rather wet. The boy was flung up into the air, rocks and pebbles flying past his face. He had to act fast to avoid a big boo-boo.

Razz arched his back, raising both of his arms to meet the ground. The landing was still pretty rough, and while he didn't manage to avoid the damage, he could at least gather himself for an immediate retaliation.

The boy rushed his opponent, hoping to get an attack off before he had the chance to switch his weapon back into a melee form. Razz went for another set of slashes, just going on an all-out assault at this point. But that innocent, happy smile remained the same. He was having helluva lot of fun!

(2 slashes, both 5% depletion)

(Aura at 83%)
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 12:02:13 PM »
Martin saw Razz coming, and managed to sidestep one of the attacks, but the other managed to slip past his defenses. He took the second hit, and used the momentum of both his sidestep and the attack to move around his opponent, getting somewhat behind him, shifting to polearm form as he moved, and sweeping at the legs of Razz. If the blade caught him, it would surely do some damage, and if not, it could still throw the boy off-balance again.

(5% depletion if the blade hits, off-balance if any of it hits)

(78% aura)
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2016, 12:33:32 PM »
(I think you messed up your math a bit- Martin should be at 76%.)

Razz couldn't move fast enough to avoid the attack in his current state, so he simply stood his ground. The attack stung like hell, but Razz chose to respond appropriately. There was momentum to his opponent's attack. The pink-clad boy had to utilize this. Spun in the opposing direction towards Martin, blade in a wide swing. He couldn't expect a full connect and that much damage, though, as the polearm was longer than Rozhe - but he could still do some damage.

(8% depletion)

(Aura at 78%)
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 02:55:10 PM »
(You're right, I forgot about the damage from the evasive fall.)

Martin was broadsided - literally and figuratively - by the attack. He took it full force, and staggered back. Steadying himself, he decided that this would be the perfect time to test out a combo attack he had been working on. As he had earlier in the match, he used his polearm as a pole vault, getting serious air, and on the way up he switched the weapon to rifle mode. At the peak of his jump he fired a spray of shots at Razz, and quick-shifted to sword form, spinning on the way down and slashing at Razz as he landed. Unfortunately he had not practiced this move very much, so he landed off-balance.

(Shots: 5 at 2% for each one that connects. Slash: 3% due to landing off-balance.)

(Aura at 68%)
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 09:08:27 AM »
Razz attempted to dodge the rain of bullets, but his current state only really allowed him to dodge two of the shots, the rest hitting the boy directly - two in the arm, one in the torso.

He was, however, more prepared for the melee attack. His opponent was off-balance, allowing for an easier sidestep, followed by a slash. Razz accompanied the attack with a step forward and a kick to Martin's leg. But even the boy himself wasn't sure that'd take him down. Worth a shot, though.

(5% depletion from slash, 1% from kick and potential to knock down.)

(Aura at 72%)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »
Picking the worst possible time to stabilize - the last second before the slash landed - Martin took the hit. He saw his opponent's foot raising to strike, so he let the force of the slash carry him rather than fighting it, sidestepping/being pushed out of the way of the kick. Bringing his blade to bear, he slashed upwards and to the left, hoping to catch Razz with the brunt of the force from the attack.

(5% depletion)

(Aura at 63%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 12:59:24 PM »
The slash connected, and Razz wasn't a big fan of that. Still, his attack had also made contact. That was pretty good.

The pink-clad boy kept his momentum still. Using it, he twirled around on his foot, hopping in the air slightly as he did, and went for a clean slash at his opponent's head. Once again, his other foot was moving in for a kick, this one more determined, aimed square at Martin's torso.

(Slash is 6%, kick is 2%)

(Aura at 67%)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 12:58:06 AM »
Martin staggered back from the slash, nearly - but not quite - losing his footing again. Again the kick the other boy had thrown fell short only because the momentum of the slash carried him out of the way. He considered loading another fire Dust cartridge, maybe getting a burn off on his opponent, but he sensed Razz was too smart to fall for the same move twice. For the same reason, he rejected out of hand trying to use his Semblance to get an advantage. Instead, he activated the ice Dust in one of the five charms hanging from his neck - actually a Semblance Catalyst Focus - and created a pair of frosty Doppelgängers to latch on to his opponent and immobilize him, while he himself went in for a slash across his foe's chest.

(1% depletion for the ice doubles connecting, 6% for the slash)

(Aura 57%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2016, 07:33:28 AM »
Razz did, indeed, expect his opponent to retaliate immediately. He wasn't however, expecting two ice bodies to take hold of his already wet body. This was a complete surprise to him, but he acted almost instinctively. As the two heavy ice figures grasped at his arms, Razz fell forward, slamming them against the rocky riverside, shattering them to bits. He hit his chest a little, but hurt himself much less than he would have if his opponent's blade had struck him, having avoided it with a roll.

Razz, now not only wet but partially covered in ice, stood up once more. Sniffing a little and internally worrying about getting a cold later, he clasped Rozhe with both hands and went for a big, overhead slash at his opponent.

(8% depletion)

(66%)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2016, 02:52:57 AM »
Razz looked fired up now, but Martin was right there with him. Even as the other boy's weapon struck him, his face was lit up with a big grin, albeit one with an edge of effort and just the slightest touch of irritation. He rolled back, taking the hit but avoiding any potential follow-up, and while making a mental note to get his SCF restored later - and to pick up his shirt before the arena floor swallowed it up along with the biome sections - he thrust his own sword forward, shifting it to polearm form as he did so. He hoped the added momentum would do a bit of extra damage, and/or put a bit more distance between the two so he would have time to see what Razz had planned next.

(8% depletion, possible knockback)

(49% aura)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 03:34:28 AM »
Razz was still recovering from his slash at Martin, and as such, had little time to react to the attack coming his way. The pink-clad boy attempted to dodge the attack, but only did so partially, still getting slashed on his arm and taking the full damage from it.

He was quick to retaliate, though his attacks weren't as powerful as his last. The boy went for another set of slashes, both aimed at his opponents arms, likely to still be extended from Martin's thrust.

(5% depletion for both strikes.)

(58% aura)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2016, 12:32:58 AM »
One of Razz's strikes got through, but Martin was already moving his arms to a more neutral and ready position, so the second one missed. He could feel his aura wavering, he knew he had to be more careful now - and more forceful, if he hoped to win. He shifted back into sword form, assumed a strong stance, and swung like a golfer, putting all of his strength into the strike, and using the momentum of his own swing to turn him around to the right, at which point he ducked around Razz and made for the river, hoping to gain a tactical advantage from the rushing water.

(10% depletion)

(44%)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 07:31:45 AM »
Razz barely managed to react in time, arching his back and half-jumping, half-falling backwards. The pink-clad boy nearly fell flat on his back, only just managing to roll with at least a sliver of dignity to it. He was still so happy, though! Every moment of this fight had been so much fun for him!

The boy saw his opponent return to the river, and followed him, positioning himself on the other side of it, whether that meant staying on the one he was on right now or hopping over the river. He readied his blade, expecting another attack coming his way.

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 08:39:27 PM »
Martin dived into the river like a pro swimmer, cutting through the rushing water like a knife. He laughed just before hitting the cold water - this fight was the first time he'd really tested himself against someone smarter than the average Grimm outside of sparring sessions where both sides hold something back, and it was the most fun he'd had in a while. Well, between the fight and meeting that mechanic girl, Sakura. Biding his time, judging the right moment... as Razz approached the bank, Martin made his move. The point of the polearm form of Gradus Bellum broke the surface, and flew unattached towards the other boy. Behind it came the weapon's owner, foot poised in a flying kick aiming to catch Razz if he dodged the blade.

(6% depletion for the blade, 3% for the kick)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
Razz was almost a bit surprised to see his opponent jump into the water like that. Razz set himself up in a defensive position on the side of the lake, and was able to deflect the attack from the blade with his own, the water splashing on his face.

The kick, however, came as a slight surprise, and hit the boy square in the chest. He stumbled back slightly, wincing, but soon returned to a cheerful smile. His opponent was still full of fighting spirit! Awesome!

The pink-clad boy used his stumble to pose himself in a crouch, then sprung forward, weapon held back, slashing at the last moment.

(6% depletion)

(Aura at 55%)

My good ole AMA