Author Topic: Typical Nights for Shade Staff  (Read 7418 times)

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
Re: Typical Nights for Shade Staff
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »
"See, that's what being gentle looks like..." Dannum smirked and jerked his neck in the direction of the thoroughly humiliated students. "Now, any of you wanna see what we look like when we're really fighting?" One by one, the scavvers started making their way out. Well, they tried to go all at once, but the door wasn't really made for that kind of use. The last one out could be seen holding his face and lightly probing his probably shattered nose. "Ha! Didn't think so!" And don't think Dannum didn't notice the attention they were drawing... that ship had sailed a while ago. At this point all he could do was smile and wave to his admiring fans.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »
"Now Ross, I'm certainly glad I saw you." Richard says without letting up on the student's arms. "I've decided to accept your request to work on the new dig site." Richard continues. He doesn't have to look at his students faces, knowing thier reactions before they did.

Ross's face goes pale, and both of his friends look at him with expressions that can only read 'how could you?!'. He shakes his head, trying to wordlessly convince them he did no so such thing. Which is true of course, but Richard would let them think otherwise.

"Real life saver, I didn't think anyone would volunteer for rubble clearing. With needing to it by hand and all, it's a hard job. Long hours too. You kids are already sacrificing for the good of mankind, such good Huntsman in training." He says, enjoying the way they paled.

"Ah, Dr. Pelle" One tries to start, but a sudden beeping cuts him off. He releases Ross's arm check his watch.

"... Huh." He releases the other student and looks to the bartender. "They'll be real good. Feel free to put them to work for the night, work off all some of that steam of theirs." He says. The bartender, almost the same age as the Huntsman in Training merely nods with a professionalism beyond his time.

"If you want that drink, you'll have to tag along Dannum. I've been paged over to VAC. Important." Richard says as walks back to the booth for his briefcase. He tosses the case to the bartender, who catches it deftly and places it behind the bar. Richard nods in thanks to the boy and heads right out the door.
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »
"See you kids at school!" Dannum grinned at the miserable and humiliated students and walked out the door after Richard.

"So, what's this about an important call? Is tonight gonna be a little more fun than we wagered on?" Dannum quickly caught up to Richard before he could actually get anywhere. Frankly, he had been waiting for something like this to come up. Honestly, what was Richard thinking doing paper work on a night like this?

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 06:03:44 PM »
Grinning wryly at Dannum's voice behind him, Richard keeps his pace around the corner onto a main road.

"VAC's the other place I work. The Archaeology Collective?" Richard says with a wave of a wrist. "A security alert went out to the department heads and myself as the Shade liaison. What it could mean is an international terrorist group could have occupied the tower in an attempt to steal restricted information and priceless artifacts. What it probably means is one of the interns brought a bottle of something to work for an unofficial office party and tripped one of the security doors leading to an artifact storage room."

"Either way, someone has to look into why the door alarm went off."

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
Dannum rolled his eyes. "Cynical as always, Richard. Well, I, for one, am gonna bet on something big going down." He put his closed fist in his palm. "Either way, you're not goin' without me." As if Richard ever thought he would get to leave Dannum behind. Dannum knew that they had an understanding at this point: If there's any chance of a fight, you are not to even try leaving him out of it.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2017, 03:14:19 PM »

It's a short walk to the VAC tower and on first glance, nothing seems wrong with the massive building. No blown out upper floors, no circling attack squads. Good news for Richard, but he can't say his companion would agree to call it good.

Richard marches into the breezeway, swiping his id card to unlock the doors into the lobby proper. He looks over to the doorman who nods nervously to the professor.

"No one in or out since the alarm tripped, correct?" Richard says, trying to keep the business edge out of his voice. He nods again. The poor man seemed quite confused, but he at least followed protocol. The door guards watch their posts so whoever got in won't get out a proper entrance.

"Stay vigilant." Richard says maybe a little too tersely. He hasn't stopped walking.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 09:07:59 PM »
Dannum crept as silently as he could next to Richard, though truly muffling his walk was a futile effort. "Vigilant... Yeah... It's too quiet..." Was that just something they said in movies, or was it a legitimate thing to be concerned about? Dannum thought for a moment but shrugged it off; it was cool anyway.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
The elevator door opens to the 33rd floor of VAC tower. The room is lined with glass cabinets containing artifacts that have already been processed. The artifacts vary in size and type, mostly minor things that have about zero importance to anyone with an archaeology degree. The center of the room's dirty wood floor is a circular workbench, covered with tools and dust. No artifacts lay out on the workbench, all carefully stored in temporary containers. The floor's windows are the only source of light, washing the building with an ethereal quality. two door lead out of the room, one in the north east and western corners. The floor was quiet, not even the elevator making a sound.

"Damnit Dannum, the elevator can and will fall if you keep bouncing. You realize you're twice the size of the average occupant?" Richard grumbles stepping out of the elevator. His head swivels sharply from right to left, looking in every corner he can see as he enters. His hand rests on Raster in it's holster.

"Alright, good job cleaning up the party interns. Get out of hiding now, or I start shooting. You know I'm not kidding." Richard says with a sarcastic edge to his voice. The professor was positive there were no interns in the room. Call it a sneaking suspicion or Huntsman instinct. He could only hope that whatever might be here is easily intimidated.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 06:56:03 AM »
"Hey, so what if I'm heavy? Any self respecting elevator ought to be able to handle two- or three, I guess- occupants..." Dannum grumbled back. Didn't this Dick know it's rude to make fun of someone's weight?

Seeing Richard going for his gun was all the signal Dannum needed. He whipped out The Big Guns and started yelling demands. "Yeah, listen to Richard! Come on out or this whole place comes down on top of ya!" He could only hope that whatever might be here wasn't impossible to intimidate.