Author Topic: Preparing for the Coming Storm, Team Two  (Read 8098 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Preparing for the Coming Storm, Team Two
« on: April 19, 2018, 09:41:50 AM »
The collected hunters and hunters in training are all sitting together in a massive hall, it’s comfortable enough despite how frigid it is outside and with several Atlas students not participating, or at least not participating now, walking around providing refreshments the place gave off a welcoming vibe despite its utilitarian design. As well as the hunters several scientists and teacher staff also walked between groups asking questions about their training exercises and how they overcame, or tried to overcome, these challenges. The walls were covered with screens showing some of the training sessions going on, battles with giant robots, grimm or other hunters each with their own rules on how to win. Paying close attention however it was clear, given by how many people were being taken out, that not every session was being played but most were none the wiser and cheered on these fights through the screens, talked to each other or prepared for their own encounter.

It took a few hours for Ravya and Co to get called out. During this lull a few of the screens occasionally flicked back to a forested area, strangely serene compared to the other intense rushes of combat. As time went on however people began to point out strange movement among the trees, impossible glints and strange blurs got everyone talking. The Atlas teachers had been preparing for this for weeks, spending almost any waking moment hunting for new obstacles when not putting others in front of their students. But there was also all the scientists and engineers which were walking around, some who grinned slightly whenever the strange forest was shown.

Lead through the corridors the selected students quickly found themselves at the start of the strange forest. There wasn't any of the ordinary helpers around this test site instead there was a particularly well dressed woman with blond hair and piecing blue eyes. Beckoning the group forward she began to explain the constraint of the test. 'An unknown terrorist organisation has reprogrammed and stolen several robot prototypes and used them to prepare an ambush for an unsuspecting transport. It's cargo is incredibly valuable and must be delivered on time, there can be no delays. As such you all have been tasked to rid the forest of any threat. Any questions?' The Woman announced dramatically, she was clearly enjoying the bit of theater.

Behind her it was far easier to see the now clearly metalic glints between the trees. Whatever they were being tasked to deal with was already watching.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Preparing for the Coming Storm, Team Two
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:58:44 PM »
Sounds like a simple "search and destroy" mission, Smokey thought to himself as he finished loading Matchstick and rested the gun on his shoulder.  Given the wide variety of missions being doled out here, he should consider himself lucky that there weren't more complicated instructions.  That being said, this wouldn't be easy.  The "terrorists" have already embedded themselves in preparation for ambush, and it'd be very easy for the group to fall into a trap.  Given that Smokey doesn't exactly have a "quiet mode," that goes doubly so for him.

He let out a sigh.  "Nothin' to do except deal with it, I guess," he muttered before turning to the woman before him.  "Yeah, I have two questions, although I'm pretty sure I know the answer to at least one of 'em.  Number one, is there anything else you can tell us about the prototypes' capabilities or weapons?  And number two, the way you're talking about 'no delays' makes it seem like there's a time limit.  Any chance we can get an ETA?" 

Considering how these training missions normally work, he doubted he'd get an answer to either of his questions, but he loses nothing by asking.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 05:14:04 AM »
Revya sighed when he heard the mention of a transport Shame they wouldn't let me bring ladybug through the cafeteria. Running the path would have been a good way to bring out the robots. On the upside I get to play with the robots!
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 07:05:48 AM »
'You've got half an hour before the first transport will be in the area, although obviously delaying would be preferable to risking them you should have the robot defeated well before the thirty minute timer is up. As more their capabilities, specifics are classified but they all fall under the general group of anti-grimm defenses. So they aren't designed to deal with aura or some of the more abstract semblances but still will put up a serious threat.' The woman responded.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »
It was nice to be back at home for Justice. There was the feeling of efficiency that got him in the mindset to get great things done. That kind of inspiration is hard to come by. He sipped his thermos of tea as he got up from his seat and joined this team of misfits. He was already regretting the decision to leave everything to chance. These delinquents would surely make him look bad.

Looking out into the trees, Justice's face took a stoic tone as he attempted to figure out some sort of strategy or motivation behind the placement of the machines. "A brief question. Are we to assume that we can guard the transport as it arrives in case of any missed devices?" he asked, turning a brief glance to the woman.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 06:50:59 AM »
Nathan had been standing a bit behind the rest of his teammates, arms crossed and listening intently to the representative - as well as his colleagues when they asked questions.

From what he'd heard so far, what he'd - they'd - have to face off against was a group of robots, numbers unknown, fairly mobile by the looks of the glints coming from the forest as well as tailored to anti-Grimm operations. That probably involved some sort of coordination. Maybe lots of it, too, seeing as they were prototypes. Seeing as they were in the forest, they might be more belle than the usual Knights he'd seen here and there? Not that it precluded ranged units, but still, you're better off with CQC in mildly dense woods.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:01:22 AM by nathan67003 »
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 09:40:57 PM »
'You will be given the opportunity to attempt to defend the train although it shouldn't be part of your plan. The robot's effectiveness against Grimm is mostly from their sensory technology meaning they will likely detect the transport before you will.' The woman responded as she started walking away. 'The test will begin once you enter the forest so feel free to take your time and plan out your approach.' Waving goodbye the woman walked back inside the complex assumably to watch.

The forest had been still for as long as the group of hunters in training have been out in the field. Glints of metal can still be seen as the sun strikes and certain angles but even with the substantial wind outside the trees are barely moving. 

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 11:53:06 PM »
Yup, that was about the answer Smokey expected.  Specifics are classified, even though the group will inevitably find out exactly what the prototypes can do very shortly.  Gotta love training mission logic.  And now the woman specifies the transport is a train.  That explains a lot, like why the transport isn't just rerouting.  It also tosses out Smokey's original plan of setting the forest on fire, as that would have invariably damaged the train tracks, and thus delayed the train.  So much for the easy way out...

As the woman walked away, Smokey turned to his teammates for this exercise.  "So, uh, as much as I'd love to charge in recklessly into unfamiliar territory against a fortified opponent ready to ambush us as soon as we make a wrong move," he takes a deep breath, "it'd probably be a good idea to come up with some sort of plan.  The lady said something about 'sensory' technology and that these things are built for Grimm combat.  I don't know if you guys got anything from that, but that basically told me nothing useful other than that they are robots with weapons.  As such, I vote for the 'charge in recklessly and see what happens' plan."  Clearly, Smokey is the epitome of tactical prowess. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 05:01:24 AM »
"It isn't much to go on but it means stealth is likely out. I assume the way this ambush has been planned would be by adjusting the coding on the machines and simply inverting their targeting. I think the best bet would be to find train tracks and follow them until one appears so that we can aquire further details."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 12:29:05 AM »
Justice ran a hand through his hair. Automatons were not exactly his expertise. His semblance is close to useless when it comes to fighting non-living targets. "While normally I would advise against reckless behavior, it may actually be in our favor to be reckless in this pursuit. We do not have the luxury of time. Fanning out would allow us to cover more ground, but put each individual member at greater risk. Rewriting their parameters would be preferred if possible, but I doubt it could be accomplished with certainty by the time of arrival." Justice said, his hand making one long stroke from the side of his temple down to his chin as his ideas flowed freely.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 05:00:29 PM »
Nathan thought briefly before pitching his own two Lien in. "I'm with Justice; time is of the essence. We need to clear as many as possible from the woods before the train even comes close. I'd suggest splitting into teams of two to cover more ground while still having some group safety. As for rewriting them... not only am I no hacker, but just breaking through the encryption would probably take way more time than just breaking them until they stop working. Even more so if you consider that you need to catch them intact.

As for the sensory technology, substitute a Faunus' vastly superior senses, I guess? Maybe some IR vision? Dunno.
"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 01:53:47 AM »
"Hold on, I don't know if I like the idea of splitting up," Smokey put a hand up in an attempt to slow down the group.  "We don't know what these things can do yet.  They might just try and pop one of us right off the bat if we step in alone.  Maybe after we find a couple, we can change tactics, but until then, I vote we move in together and watch each other's backs." 

Smokey pauses for a moment, before stroking the scruff on his chin and asking, "What are you guys' shticks anyways?  Might be useful to know before going in.  As for me..." Smokey reaches behind his back and takes off the complicated box hooked to his coat and presses a button.  At the same time, he flips a switch on his revolver in the other hand, and the barrel starts rotating as the other chambers start extending out.  The result is a massive volley gun in one of Smokey's hands, with 7 large shining barrels gleaming in the light.  In the other hand, though, a much more intimidating event is unfolding--literally! 

A few thunks, and the box starts to morph: a scope pops out here, a trigger slides into there, the barrel extends, and extends,...and extends.  It takes a few seconds, but after that, a gargantuan rifle rests against Smokey's shoulder, his hand supporting the gun by the stock as he struggles ever so slightly to keep it balanced in one hand.  "...I shoot things once.  Only once."

Spoiler: ShowHide
No, that wasn't an elaborate excuse to take the team to the gun show.  Don't be ridiculous.  Smokey just wants to know what kind of people he's dealing with.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:57:15 AM by ReaperJoe »

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 08:57:11 AM »
Revya watched in interest as firearms came out and grinned as he was given the opportunity to talk about weapons. "Cool. This here is Scarlet." At his introduction he pulled his claymore from it's scabbard at his hip and held it out in the light revealing it's completely black form. "She starts out as a sword but she can be whatever you want her to be." Revya spoke with utter adoration of his weapon as he raised it into the air before positioning so that it ran down his back. His mechanical wings then clung to the blade creating a sickle which he pulled away and the pommel extended fully forming a scythe with a blade seemingly made of red crystal.

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 11:37:25 PM »
Justice looked at Smokey as he proceeded to attempt to show off. If he were of a lower caliber, Justice may have used a size compensation joke, but it was a bit below him. "Yes, I can smell the bravado from here. I prefer to use something a touch more elegant." he said, a bit condescendingly. He picked up his walking stick, running a hand down its length and deploying the blade at the end. "A walking stick with a sharpened end. Attracts far less attention."

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 06:06:35 PM »
Well, at least they were a diverse bunch, huh. No overspec on this assembly. Pointing to his back with a thumb, he took his turn. "This here is Ergia. Cylinder, jetpack, staff and assault rifle. I vary from pretty alright at mid-range to decent enough in CQC. Outright melee and long range aren't my forte at the moment but I'm working on it."

...Short and sweet as per usual, huh.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"