Author Topic: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]  (Read 50863 times)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: Smells of Sausage Again? [HTDG Re-initiation?]
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2016, 07:01:09 AM »
Do read this: ShowHide
Due to massive fucking changes in literally everything about everyone, Brock didn't fire anything when he landed. I've modified my previous posts to reflect that.

(EDIT: Posting is apparently fine. Just keep in mind that, depending on what happens, all threads involving my characters would basically become void.)

Brock kept mercilessly hammering the underbrush with his feet, most probably clearing a path for his newfound partner as they both moved forwards. "Nope, haven't seen any baddies yet. And yes, that was me. Poor tree never stood a chance.", he added as he recalled the sight of the pulverized section of trunk.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:19:11 PM by nathan67003 »
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »
The Nevermore's scream just preempted the dart barrage and gave Hagane a chance to reflexively dodge. Of all the creatures for our first taste of team combat... "Hey Drab, looks like a Nevermore. You ready to fight?" As he was sizing up the beast that had fired the darts, he was abruptly assaulted from behind. He made a hasty, narrow escape by diving away from Drab and quickly drew his weapon. Two of them? This is bad... It's unlikely we can handle this alone.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2016, 11:19:25 PM »
Drab had just about the same idea when she heard that screech.
"You mean two Nevermore, and yes I'm ready," Drab said as she switched Ardent Dawn to its rifle form.
"Hopefully that screech would garner others attention," Drab said as she unleashed a bullet upon the Nevermore that shot the feather darts.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 05:58:12 PM by JupiterMoony »
Drab Sage Verdigis - With her, solid fireballs are a thing - Deep Frying HTDG

Leaf Swiftwind - You can't outround an F1 race car, can you? - The really speedy one of CLYS

Venus Magnus - The Voice On Air, the whisper in public

Haley Rich Viola What happens when an aristocrat meets rock

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 12:02:22 AM »
The female's sting enraged the Nevermore, and crying its displeasure, it dove right for her, striking with its beak and all four sets of talons in total outrage. Its partner also landed, running with surprising speed right for the small male, not intending to miss this time. Splaying its wings out before it not unlike a sharp, many-bladed snare, it charged, its beady red eyes glazed over with hate.

The King Tajitu knew it was time. It could feel it in the earth, the way the ground shifted beneath its weight. Like lightning it struck, lancing out and in between the two humans, driving its head right into the forest loam. The cavern, already thin-roofed as it was, collapsed, taking the Grimm and both students down into a pit now littered with the remains of young trees and whatever detritus had been laying on what was until recently the forest floor. Perfectly at home in the cramped space, the great monstrosity slithered its coils round the interlopers and rose above them, fangs poised and at the ready. A hiss so forceful it carried a breeze came roiling out of its gaping mouth, poisoning the air with the sent of rot and decay.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 06:20:59 AM »
(Walter, posting before you because I've got an idea :P)

Brock had not seen that thing coming. He barely had the time to brace himself before the ground literally vanished beneath his feet. Oh come on! Again??

He still managed to remain close to his partner as he landed with a loud thump, bending his knees to try to absorb as much of the impact as possible - and to keep them from shattering. He only fully comprehended what was happening as the rings of the monstrosity started quickly sliding by, surrounding them. He rapidly extended his arms and put all his strength into resisting the crushing onslaught - a feat he doubted he could manage for very long.

"Need... some... help... over here!!", he was barely able to breathe out through clenched teeth.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2016, 11:52:40 AM »
Janna, as much as she thought she was prepared for an attack, fell, and she fell hard, but managed to fully brace herself, shields held in front of herself, much like with her landing strategy. It took her a couple of seconds to get up, and as she was standing on her two feet again, the King Taijitu was already wrapping around the two of them.

The shield maiden blinked, and glanced to her side to see Brock barely able to handle the beast's strength. "I'm on it!" She called out, before raising her shields up high, then planting them into the ground heavily on either side of them. She placed her legs wide to support the shields. As she found herself some steady footing in this situation, she used her semblance to form a small barrier behind them as well, effectively lifting the weight from Brock. She didn't know just how long that aura barrier would hold, though, and she could feel the pressure on her own body.

"I'll go ahead and assume you're a heavy hitter, Brock. Give it a good what-for!" Janna said, raising her swords up so that she could retaliate proper.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »
This time, even though he reacted nearly instantaneously, Hagane would not have time to dodge out of the way of the Nevermore's charge. He would have to stand his ground. Striking a firm stance, he lifted Ichimonji and held it out to defend himself. Hoping to surprise the beast, he activated the dust mechanism and superheated his steel blade.

His stance in place, Hagane took a very brief glance in the direction of his partner. He wanted to close the gap to her, team up, and focus their attack on one foe... but relaying this plan in the amount of time available was impossible. Instead, he settled for "Watch out!"

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 06:02:56 PM »
(Flood did you sleep at the keyboard? Cause it looks like you were typing halfway)

Leaf Swiftwind - You can't outround an F1 race car, can you? - The really speedy one of CLYS

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
((Conflict resolved.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:17:02 AM by Flooberoid »

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 01:47:01 AM »
((Oops, that would be my bad, I kept my phone on low brightness most of the time so I did not see the Watch Out, which blends in with the background. I remember telling everyone I'm on my phone usually on the RWBY forum. Sorry))

Drab quickly rolled out of the Nevermore's way but the gust produced from the Nevermore swooping down did push her back further than she planned. She quickly got up and gave a thumbs up to Hagane. She raised her rifle again and fired this time at Nevermore targetting Hagane, hoping it would get off his back so that she had someone to surprise the winged Grimm.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2016, 10:34:27 PM »
The King Taijitu would have smiled if it had had the ability. Driving down hard, it went to savage the students already barely resisting its nigh unconquerable strength...

The Nevermore hunting the female took advantage of weapon being pointed away from it, and spun round sharply in mid-air, landing with a thud not ten feet from where its quarry was standing. Its echoing battlecry made the leaves tremble, and it pounced then, intending to pin her to the earth and then gouge out her eyes.

The one attacking the small male felt something smash into its elbow-joint and it stumbled in its charge, running its shoulder right into the burning blade in front of it. Horribly wounded but by no means dead, its screams of pain and rancor were punctuated by shorter squawks as it snapped and clawed at the human it had crashed on top of with its good limbs.

Siobhan jumped as Mr. Rosenrot landed behind her, staring at awe in his method of flight. Had he been riding on jets of flame? Was this the power a Hunter possessed? 

"If you could minister to the boy until the ambulance arrives, it would be most beneficial, Miss Clannad. I would take it that he requires some comforting." He spoke so calmly she could barely believe it, and deposited the injured student with care at her feet. Without another word he returned to monitoring the rest of his charges, his eyes fixed to the screen outside of a sudden glance here or there, spying out she knew not what.

Putting herself to the task at hand, she knelt by the shocked and disoriented lad, taking his head and shoulders into her lap, and tenderly dabbed at his forehead with her kerchief. The picture of motherly concern, she spoke softly her face close to his, until his eyes weren't so wide and unfocused. "There now, be a good laddie. We'll get ye all fixed up. Ye did well. It'll be alright. Don't fret. Ye did well." she crooned, smiling down at him.

"I would assist, but there are lives depending upon my vigilance. Besides that, you do us all a service. Beacon is lucky to have you, I should think." Mr. Rosenrot told her, his smile small and out of her view, but his voice declared well enough what he felt. They had been right to choose her, Beacon could use a feminine touch that wasn't backed by killing power.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 02:01:26 AM »
Janna did not care for some big, dumb snake trying to eat their faces. The shield maiden let out a short battlecry as she lunged towards the Taijitu's attack, both swords raised. She placed Honor for a stab into its eye, while utilizing Justice to stop the thing's jaws from closing down by placing the sword between them. The woman dug her feet deep into the ground, her feet propped against her shields for balance.

She still gritted her teeth at the attack, hoping to all hell her aura and armor hold. Brock better knock the thing's lights out quickly, though!

Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 06:13:27 AM »
Brock had finally found his hammer again and, with the extra reach it granted him, swung as hard as he could at the beast's head while it was distracted, vaguely hoping his teammate vould hold the coils back long enough in the position she was in.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 01:28:15 PM »
Considering a van-sized creature just toppled over on top of him and started squirming, Hagane's movement options were rather limited. Drab had prevented his situation from being much worse than it was now, but had put herself in danger in the process. Hagane knew he would have to get free quickly to pay her back. With this in mind, he permitted himself to put the creature on top of him in more suffering than he would ordinarily have allowed.

With his limited range of motion, Hagane thrust the still-heated blade of Ichimonji into the Nevermore's body. He turned the blade to gas inside of the creature's body. He noted the current toll on his dust and blade stocks: Down to two blades and enough dust for one more heat surge... I should make it last.

JupiterMoony

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Foxes are cute okay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »
Drab had managed to scramble away in time but she was cornered, the trees around her were too thick to dash around behind for cover,  she changed Ardent Dawn to its staff form and braced herself for quite a beating.