Author Topic: "Pretend You Like Me." [Closed]  (Read 6269 times)

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
"Pretend You Like Me." [Closed]
« on: August 31, 2017, 10:34:45 PM »
'Twelve now.'

Lyssa pulled the sleeve of her jacket back up, covering the black watch on her wrist once again. Twelve minutes had passed since Mira's predicted time of arrival, and she was nowhere to be found. While the idea seemed laughable at first, she couldn't help but wonder if this so called "meetup" was some sort of scheme to make her look like an idiot. Surely, the leader of her team wouldn't be that petty, right? She couldn't recall any sort of shitty things that she herself had recently done to warrant such a thing, but... it didn't seem entirely out of the question.

With a sigh, the woman attempted to readjust her position in the cramped booth that she sat in. After failing to make herself any more comfortable, she went ahead and kicked the pole that supported the table in front of her, accomplishing nothing in the process. She couldn't even figure out why she was annoyed that Mira wasn't here, as her presence tended to be much, much more irritating. Maybe it had to do with the fact that Mira was also supposed to be the one paying for the food, and she was already very hungry. Yeah, that seemed about right when she pondered it some more. The perpetual scent of burgers that filled the air only made things worse.

"Gotta stop listening to her..." Lyssa muttered to herself, reflecting on the conversation that had convinced her to even agree to this stupid get-together. Of course, Isabelle had talked her into it after she had brought it up. Really, taking advice for making friends from that girl was a dumb idea to begin with. If the idea of missing out on a free burger didn't bother her so much, she probably would have already left.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
Re: "Pretend You Like Me." [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:49:00 AM »
"Cmon man, you didn't have to walk me all the way here! I'm a grown ass woman"

Mira strode into the restaurant with a rather agitated look on her face. Her rather plain choice of attire; a white t-shirt with torn edges matched by a pair of oil and gunpowder stained jeans, and her long purple hair a tangled mess that clung to her face. Her bandaged arm rested in the pocket of her jeans while the other carried an extremely large dufflebag, seemingly filled to the point of bursting. Most of her ire was directed at the uniformed officer that followed by her side. "Seriously Dick. You can stop treating me like a child. I'm 24." The officer, clearly just as annoyed with the situation, quickly retorted. "And yet you still act like that 12 year old brat I had to bring in all those years ago." The anger on the Faunus' face slowly melted into a frown. With a sigh she let her soldiers relax and returned her gaze to the man. "Bringing up the past like that is a low blow man."

The officer's expression softened and he looked up at the taller woman. "I can't keep covering for you. This is teh what...15th time this year? This is the last warning I can give you." Even with the annoyance in his voice, one could hear the concern in his voice. Mira picked up on his tone as well, seemingly calming at his words. "I know I know. I just....it's for my project. I can't just abandon my life's work simply because of a few minor banned substances!" While clearly upset, she kept her voice down to not attract too much attention in the crowded room. "You don't get it. This is the last time Mira. Next time, I'll be forced to bring you in." With a long drawn out sigh, Mira turned away and stared absentmindedly at the chalkboard menu. "I get it. You have to do your job. But I'm not going to stop. Guess I'll just have to be more careful." The officer rolled his eyes before snatching her bag. "I'm taking this as well. I'll make sure it is disposed of through the proper channels. Don't let me catch you with this stuff again." With a final quick smile, the officer left a, once again agitated, Mira.

Well great. What was she supposed to do now? All those materials wasted. Not to mention the time she spent gathering them. Why was she even here? She had better things to do then ea- Oh. Right....her. That's why she was brought here in the first place. She was supposed to make friends with everyone on her team. Sadly including Lyssa. But whatever. It can't be any worse than dealing with the racists she normally deals with. Mira puled her bandaged hand out of her pocket and halfheartedly waved to her teammate. Gritting her teeth she walked over and took a seat in the other side of the booth. You would think by now Vale would have invested in seating designed for the large influx of taller hunters. Wiping those thoughts from her mind her gaze slowly shifted to the girl in front of her. "heyyyy. Sorry I'm late. I was....delayed."

Mithra Ragvos The 4th Year Giantess of Beacon

Mira Ragvos 4th Year Weaponsmith

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:45:40 AM »
'Aaand she's got a cop with her. Why am I at all surprised?'

Spotting the wave from Mira, she gave an equally half-assed one in response. Part of her had kind of been hoping that Mira was getting arrested, though she quickly realized that a thought like that was rather shitty, even for her. She also wanted to make a comment about the woman's attire, but that would likely jeopardize her chances of getting that burger. Man, this was going to be hard.

"Right. Something about substances? ... Don't tell me, though. I'd rather not be an accomplice to whatever insane shit you've got going on." Lyssa bumped her foot into Mira's by accident, attempting to move it back but not having much room to do so at all. Stupid booth, built for tiny people. Groaning for a moment, she propped her head up on her arm, not even looking at the other girl as she spoke.

"So. Wanna let me in on why you wanted me to come out to this place? Because I'm feeling just a little weirded out here, honestly." While that was mostly because of her coming in with a uniformed officer, she figured that detail would be obvious to anyone with half a brain. "You don't exactly strike me as the type that wants to be buddies with everyone. And I know you hate me." Upon recalling the reasons why she herself had decided to show up, a possible answer came to mind. "... Did your sister make you do this?"

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 08:49:03 PM »
Of course Lyssa would be a bit skeeved out. Walking into a meeting with the fuzz doesn't exactly leave a calming impression. Though her appearance also didn't do her any favors. But she was going out to a burger joint! Who the hell cares if she dresses up or not! Oh and she could see Lyssa biting back her remarks. At least she was making an effort. "Yeah. Don't worry about that. I got it covered." Of course Mira had kept some hidden in her cleavage but Lyssa didn't need to know that did she?

"And there's the question. But no. Mithra did talk to me. But I made the decision on my own." The faunus grunted and swung her legs up onto the bench, her back leaning against the wall. After managing to find a somewhat comfortable position, she looked over at her teammate. Her deep red eyes actually looked clear and focused, instead of their usual air of disinterest. "See. I've decided to take this team leader position seriously. Unfortunately being smart is only half of it." Her gaze affixed on Lyssa, the same cold analytical stare she saw in their fight. The tone of her voice changed as well. Tinged with an air of authority and cold professionalism. "I don't like you. You don't like me. But you are still part of my team. We don't have to love eachother. But we should at least be able to work together without killing eachother."

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 01:39:18 PM »
She knew that Mira wasn't entirely wrong, and yet, the tone that the other woman used was more than enough to get on her nerves. Being bossed around by someone that she already disliked was the main issue that Lyssa had with Mira's appointment as leader. Even Mithra, who had her share of annoying moments, would have been infinitely less infuriating than her twin. Despite having all of this in mind, she just huffed quietly, keeping it to herself.

"To be fair, it's hardly a team now. But sure, we'll work together just fine. Don't have much of a choice until we graduate." Lyssa shrugged, seemingly unaffected by that stare that she had grown somewhat familiar with. "I don't think we need to be friends to do that. We're both obviously capable of handling ourselves in a fight. That seems good enough, doesn't it?" Rather than wait for a response, she shook her hand dismissively. "Whatever, though. I'm not in the mood to argue with you. We can hang out if you're buying. Speaking of which... Are you hungry? I need to eat."

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 01:45:19 AM »
Mira immediately flinched when she saw Lyssa's reaction. Her sister had warned her about that thing she tended to do. It was almost involuntary whenever she became competitive or serious. Mira sighed and rested her chin in the palm of her hand. As much as she hated apologizing, she honestly was being kind of a bitch in this situation. And as she hated to admit even more. Lyssa didn't deserve it this time. She had been patient with Mira's antics today. With a drawn out sigh the faunus swung her legs back down and look ahead at her red haired teammate. "I'm....sorry. I can come off condescending sometimes. But..." She stopped for a moment and searched for the right words. She didn't really care about being friends with the other girl in the slightest. But after thinking about it, she honestly did want them all to succeed. As much as she disliked Lyssa. She worked hard to get here. Purposefully causing them to fail now would be unfair to not only Lyssa, but to Noir and her own sister.

Mira moved her gaze away from the woman sitting across from her, hair covering his eyes. Her voice came out softer this time. Less confident, but surprisingly genuine. She clenched her fists under the table, showing weakness like this set off every alarm in her mind. "I...want this team to succeed. And we can't do that as individual units. We need to be able to work off eachother." She let that hang in the air for a moment, trying to hide how uncomfortable she was confiding in another person. As soon as she felt she had given Lyssa enough time to process what she had said, she pulled at her menu and started looking through."Yeah, I haven't eaten all day. Feel free to order whatever you want. I won't be you everything off the menu but...feel free to have a few burgers." She was so determined to deflect she even threw in more than she would ever be willing to give just to change the subject.

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 07:14:56 PM »
Even if she tried to hide it, Mira was quite obviously uncomfortable with using such sincerity and wanted to move on. Lyssa simply nodded in agreement. If she were to say anything, it would have been a snarky comment about how nice she was being for once. That would most definitely ruin the moment.

"I'll take two." Lyssa folded her arms together, leaning back against the seat. It probably wouldn't hurt to try and start some sort of conversation, but still, she could only sit there in silence. What was there that they could even talk about? It didn't seem like the two of them had much in common at all. Clearly, they both liked food... but that was the last thing she wanted to discuss in detail while on an empty stomach. One idea in particular that stood out seemed to be the best option, especially considering that it was relevant to why they were even becoming friendly with each other in the first place.

"I've tried to think up some potential... Y'know, team attacks. No luck. We've got some, uh... strangely varied abilities, none of which seem to compliment each other. At least, not that I can think of. Any ideas?"

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »
Mira relaxed again as Lyssa allowed the topic to change. She waved over a waitress and placed her order. A root beer with burger covered in all the meat she could find. She let her teammate place her order as well before she pulled a notebook out of her pocket.  She placed it on the table and began to flip through. As the pages turned, quick glimpses of complex blueprints and plans were visible. Eventually she stopped on a page and showed her plans to Lyssa. "So. I have plans. Plans you aren't going to like."

She took a moment to let Lyssa read over it before continuing.  "In our team we will have two sets of partners we will perform our daily training with. One Melee fighter. And one ranged. Unfortunately. Mithra and I already know eachother to a T. So I had to pair her with Noir. And you can see where this is going can't you?" She took a moment to crack her neck, wanting to at least be comfortable if Lyssa blew up at her. "Doesn't give me any pleasure to say that not only will we be on a team together. We are going to be partners. In both training and in combat."

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »
After ordering her own two plain burgers and a water, Lyssa sat and looked down at the table, not showing any interest in the notebook that Mira was searching through. Even as the specific page was shown to her, she didn't really focus on it, instead opting to listen to what Mira had to say. The moment she mentioned their pairings, however, Lyssa looked her in the eye with a perplexed expression.

"Why are you so set on making us spend time together? Practicing is one thing, but partners? It's not like you couldn't work just fine with Noir." Holding her head in both hands, she let out a long groan. After a few more moments of letting it sink in, she shook her head. "Fuck it. Won't be the worst thing in the world. We're not even that far from getting out of this academy anyway..."

Would she really ditch her team the moment that they all became graduates? That was the original plan. At this point, she was starting to doubt that decision. All of this team training that they were now working on would be an absolute waste of time if she did. Months of painful cooperation would be thrown away. While she didn't have much of a desire to be around the three members of her team as of that moment, maybe it would end up being better than fighting alone forever.

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 12:22:09 AM »
Mira shook her head in response. "I'm not doing this out of any desire to become friends or whatever. I doubt that would go well if I ordered you." Her train of thought was interrupted by their waitress returned with their drinks. Mira took a long sip of her root beer, gathering her thoughts on how to approach this without setting the other girl off. Honestly Mira herself would get pissed off if someone told her what she was about to say. The faunus shifted a bit, pulling her pocketbook back before she spoke up again. "You've known my sister long enough to figure out that she isn't going to have a problem bonding with anyone...Like. Ever. Mira rested her chin in the palm of her hand, memories of her sister's overly friendly personality filling her mind. "She is basically a sentient hug. And No offense to Noir. But he seems like he'll take whatever friends he can get." With a sigh Mira began to absentmindedly twirl the straw in her glass. "That leaves us."

Mira looked back at Lyssa, deciding to stop beating around the bush. "Let's face it. When it comes to teamwork. We are the weak links here." Hopefully by including herself in that frankly insulting statement, it would lessen Lyssa's anger. "It doesn't matter if we get along with the other two if we keep fighting. Like I said before. We don't need ot be friends. Honestly I don't care if you even like me by the time we're done. But we should at least be able to be around one another without attempts at bodily harm and/or murder."

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 08:31:04 PM »
While Mira may have expected anger, Lyssa didn't seem very fazed by the comment. "I don't doubt that the two of us aren't the greatest at teamwork. That's something that could be worked on, sure, though it wouldn't require as much time together as you seem to think it would." She shook her head. "And I already know that we're not going to actually try to seriously harm each other, especially not on the battlefield, where it matters. Because even if I do call you it on a regular basis, I don't actually think that you're that stupid."

Lyssa paused, picking up her glass of water and taking a few gulps. After she set it down and wiped her mouth, she folded her arms again, carrying on with speaking.

"Not that you should expect to not get hurt when we train, though...  'Cause that's gonna happen. Probably to both of us. I know we're supposed to hold back a lot, and I try, but y'know..." Occasionally beating the shit out of each other was inevitable. It had already happened, and while they were being kind as of right now, she doubted it would last. The two of them were absurdly terrible at anger management. While she couldn't think of a soft way to sum those thoughts up, she figured Mira would gather what she meant. "... We both have issues." Now that she had said it herself, she realized that maybe Mira had a point. This partner idea could end up being beneficial to both of them.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 07:53:45 AM by Metroidhunter »

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 02:03:30 AM »
Mita waited patiently as Lyssa explained all her problems with the idea. It honestly was all things she had thought about before. She had spent many a long night alone in the grounds arguing with her reflection about it.  She didn't want to be around Lyssa. She didn't want to be around Noir. She really didn't even want to be around Mithra. All she really wanted was to be left alone with her weapons and tools. Hell. She didn't even want to be a huntress to begin with. She wanted to be a weaponsmith. So then why did she even join? She always told herself it was to get easy access to materials and workshops but...she wasn't sure anymore. Either way her train of thought would have to be resumed later. She was in a conversation after all. "Guilty as charged....Sorry for shooting you with a point blank mortar." The apology wasn't entirely genuine, but it wasn't mocking either. And it was probably the best Lyssa was going to get out of her.

As joking as she was, Mira's expression changed when the other woman brought up their issues. All of a sudden the old pain began to flare up. It was long gone. But she could never forget it. Instinctively she clutched her burned arm in her hand, her fingers digging tightly into the bandages wrapped tightly around her wrist. "Yeah....We both have our damages don't we..." Fortunately she was saved from any questioning by the waitress returning with their food. The young Faunus let out a sigh of relief before taking her food with a thank you. She immediately took a bite and lost herself in the rich flavors of her burger. Stress eating wasn't exactly healthy. But damn did it feel good. 

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 11:04:04 PM »
Lyssa easily noticed the peculiar reaction from Mira. The bandages remained a mystery, though the most obvious conclusion was that they hid some sort of scars. With how she had always desired to hide them, it was unlikely that they were earned in combat. Beyond that, she couldn't make too much of a specific assumption was to what she'd look like without the bandages. Regardless, the topic seemed like a potential weakness for Mira. While she said nothing on the matter, Lyssa made sure to keep that one in mind. For now, she simply wanted to focus on her food. Taking one of her burgers, she bit into it, beginning to eat as if she hadn't for days.

Seig

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    I actually post now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 05:31:02 AM »
Aaaaaaand here comes the awkward silence. God damnit I never know what to do with these. I mean we're both eating so I guess I can just....do nothing." With that decided, Mira continued to enjoy her burger. Being a hunter did have it's perks, the constant extreme exercise made weight gain almost an impossibility, so she never really felt bad about having her snacks every now and again. She chased down another bite with a swig of her drink, her lack of table manners already apparent. She wasn't obnoxious as much as she simply had no need for formalities. Whatever was the quickest way to get her food inside of her, she took. After a few minutes, the silence grew too unbearable. So she ended up going with the first thing that popped into her head.

Leaning up against the back of the booth, Mira stretched her arms before looking at her new partner. "So, I'm curious. You've had a bit to spend with our new teammates. What are your thoughts on them? I'm curious what you make of Mithra especially." Returning his posture to a more relaxed one, she rested her elbow on the table with her chin resting in her palm. Her purple eyes looked up at Lyssa expectantly

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 12:16:28 AM »
Lyssa kept her mouth shut while Mira complained about the supposedly awkward silence. Really, she just wanted to eat. That became clear when she devoured the burger in the brief few minutes of quiet, finishing off the last bit of it right before Mira's questioning began.

"Hm... They are weird. So are you." She let out a short laugh before shaking her head. "But nah, they're fine, I guess. I don't see Noir very much, but he's definitely the most capable blind person I've met. Not that it's a high bar to pass, really.." The woman readjusted herself in her seat again, muttering for a moment about how the relatively small booth was a 'retard' before continuing her train of thought.

"Right, and Mithra is... Well, I don't know. A little too bubbly, I guess? She never seems to stop smiling, it's almost unsettling. And the hugging is just... ugh. Why? Leave me some personal space, maybe?" For a moment, she hesitated, but she continued regardless. "Otherwise, I suppose she's got some useful talents when it comes to fighting. I'm mildly concerned about whether her size could be an exploitable weakness, but other than that, she doesn't strike me as being easily pushed over. And I've tried."

Recalling that trainwreck of a sparring match, she felt a light wave of rage pass through her mind, urging her to stop thinking about it.