Author Topic: Team SMMR - preinitiation [Closed]  (Read 12639 times)

Poof!

• Been Around

• View Profile
Re: Team SMMR - preinitiation
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 04:37:04 PM »
Miziren kept his expression rather plain, simply blinking at Solar as she tried to read the team’s names out loud. While normally it was difficult to imagine what he may be thinking, his emotionless stare was oozing with thoughts of incredulous astonishment. Taking a loooooong breath, he made his way with Solar into the main hall. When she sped off through the crowd, a brow rose, but he otherwise decided to head back to his spot on the stairs. It wasn’t until he heard Solar’s voice booming through the hall that he froze in place. ‘I suppose that’s adequate. May as well head on over to where she…she was clinging to a pillar. I guess I’ll just make my way to the base of it.’ Moving calmly through the crowd of people gawking up at his teammate, he eventually came to the base of the pillar, against which he leaned to await the arrival of the others.
Miziren Starminer - 1st year student of Shade Academy and member of Team SMMR - "Strive for betterment in oneself, for in this way, betterment of all may be had."

Dragolianx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 04:42:46 PM »
Mavi stopped when he heard his name being called by someone. He looked around and saw that a girl with horns was calling for both him and Marcus. "well, that's ONE way to get someone's attention." Mavi thought as he led Marcus to the column she was hanging on.
Mavi Kobold First Year at Shade Academy

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    Currently wish brick was a gender option XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »
Marcus walked up to the pole and gawked at the faunus butchering his last name thinking "oh well close enough I guess." before he burst out laughing and setting his bag down he shouted up to her "Solar!", and wove his hand to get her attention
Characters: ShowHide
BEACON
Kale Bomvu "Ready, set, boom." -Third year explosives expert
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--
Eddy Midori"You're never ready for me."-- First year Cocky Monk
Alice Kasshoku/Schwarz -- "You just need to chill."-- active huntress

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 06:01:19 PM »
Hearing her named called out Solar looked down to see two semi-familiar faces. The one calling her name out with blue hair, goggles on his head, and a rather built thick figure being Marcus, and the one with him with black hair, blue vest, and a similarly large build being Mavi. Solar slides down from her spot and excitedly greets her new teammates with a forced two handed shake. "Hi! I'm Solar! So this is our team!...Sooo what now?" She said as she also noticed Miziren fade into view.
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

Poof!

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »
Seeing Mavi and Marcus show up, Miziren gave them a quick nod. If they didn’t already know who he was by the time everybody had gathered around, then he’d have to have a conversation with the headmaster about their team selection methods. Mizi kept his arms folded over his chest as he leaned up against the wall, skipping the pleasantries as he answered Solar’s question. “We get acquainted.” He said plainly, taking a moment to look at each member of the team. “They put us in these teams as a way to humble us and build our empathy…at least, that’s what my old man kept telling me. We have a week to explore the premises and prepare ourselves for the initiation, which is essentially a regular mission from the boards from what I understand.” Pushing himself off the wall, Miziren started to walk away from the group and back up towards the stairs. Coincidentally, there were the sounds of explosions in the distance, and some disgruntled students pouting their way away from the source of the disturbance.

“Solar, you never went to Oasis, right? Must mean you’ve got some kind of pre-existing combat experience, having tested in.” He commented. It was an educated guess, considering she'd never seen a scroll before they met. His comment was spoken half-hearted as he walked away, not appearing to pay any real attention to his teammates as he observed the disgruntled students move into the crowd. Miziren didn’t really want to continue speaking, so he figured he’d pose a question that would potentially get some conversation going on between his other teammates. It was an easy way to see how they’d respond, and learn a little about them without getting too involved, much the way he studied grimm in the field.

(OOC: I'm basically getting Mizi to walk to where Team VLPS was when they stopped the other random team from bullying Jon, in case y'all were wondering about location)
Miziren Starminer - 1st year student of Shade Academy and member of Team SMMR - "Strive for betterment in oneself, for in this way, betterment of all may be had."

Dragolianx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 06:41:20 PM »
"Well, since he said to get acquainted, my name's Mavi Kobold. I'm from Cavalclade, and my parents own a repair shop there." Mavi said pulling out his cashews from his back pocket.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:52:35 PM by Dragolianx »

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 07:28:10 PM »
Seeing Miziren trying to slink away Marcus grabbed him by the back of the shirt and asked "You wouldn't be trying to sneak away from your new team to get a piece of the action without us now would you?", Marcus chuckled and pulled him back saying "At least invite the others before you go."

He looked at the others and said "Hey guys Mizi here thinks we'd rather talk amongst each other without him then get in on some first day fighting action with him.", Marcus could only chuckle as he finished.
BEACON
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 08:45:11 PM »
"Nope Oasis? What's that? A friend of mine knows the headmaster here and he got me in, said something about if I pass initiation I'll be accepted in. As for experience I've just been training with Grimm and kids my age for the past few years. Hey where are you going!?" She exclaimed as she also noticed Miziren trying to fade away.

Ribeiro Ispecs

Poof!

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 09:42:34 AM »
It was by pure reaction that Miziren, upon having his poncho be grasped, ducked and slid right out of it. It was a fluid motion, ducking, turning, and coming back up shirtless, facing Marcus. He stood there for a moment, looking at him with confusion. “If you’re so interested in ‘seeing some action’, you’re doing yourself a disservice and wasting time by attempting to keep me from moving. Are you unable to walk and talk at the same time?”

Swiping the poncho out of Marcus’ hand, he looked over to Solar for a moment, blinking for a few moments. ‘What kind of connections does this girl have to skip even the entrance exams?’ He thought, before he continued on his way towards the second floor. “If you cannot walk and talk Marcus, then do not talk. So Mavi, you have experience working with machines?”
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:46:29 AM by Poof! »

Dragolianx

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
Shocked by what had happened Mavi swallowed his so quick that he almost chocked. "Uh, yeah. My parents ran a shop back in my hometown. Whenever a customer came in I got to help my dad repair some of the dune buggies that came in. My mom wouldn't let me handle anything bigger though." Mavi said as he scratched his head. "What about you guys? Got any skills we should know about?" Mavi asked.

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
Marcus only smirked at Mizi's attempt to insult him and instead of taking offence he said "Well Mizi better that I stop you from leaving us."

He looked at Mavi as he spoke in response he shrugged and said "Well I'm a smith so repairs or brand new equipment is not a problem for me to make.", he picked up his bag and opened it up, he pulled out his helmet and handed it to Solar.
BEACON

SHADE

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2017, 04:21:58 PM »
Taking the Badger shaped-helmet Marcus placed in Solar's hands, she was keenly impressed with Marcus's craftsmanship, assuming he was showing off what he was capable off. Observing it from every angle and testing out its density. "Woow!Cool! My village back home had simple stuff for armor but nothing like this! Well I never really liked wearing armor anyway, slows you down, its uncomfortable, you get all sweaty, it get's really haawwt..." She listed off, as she was playing with the helmet.When Solar finally attempted to wear it, she found her horns to get in the way of actually putting it over her head, as the sides of the helmet just bumped into them.Solar attempted multiple times placing the helmet at different angles (even upside down in one attempt) over her horns but was only met with the same results. She looked around at her teammates as if to say 'help' but knew it was a fruitless effort. Eventually Solar had the bright idea of just hanging the helmet on one of her horns. Proud of her efforts she smiled at the rest of them as the helmet dangled on her horn. "What were we saying? Oh right skills! Well umm not much really unless you count hunting and cooking food, or making a fire and shelter but that's normal stuff"

Ribeiro Ispecs

Poof!

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2017, 04:34:14 PM »
‘Interesting response, though it was without deviation from my statement. Wonder if that was intentional?’ Miziren thought when Marcus responded in kind. Instead of walking away, he took some time to throw his poncho back on. “Noted. Both very valuable assets indeed. A background in mechanics and a background in smithing. I myself shouldn’t be much of a burden in either regards, not that they would be too enervating of tasks for either of you to perform.” It didn’t sound like Miziren had a trace of venom in his voice, finally turning to acknowledge the group as a whole. Dusting himself off, he looked to Solar as she attempted to don the helmet. He didn’t say anything during the entire time, simply watching her attempt to put the thing on.

After staring at her blankly for some time, Miziren continued on with just as even and casual of a tone as he’d been using just prior. “The skills and experience most relevant to this group that I possess are in navigation, botany, geology, advanced mathematics, chemistry, hunting, scrounging and scavenging, surveying, operating ground-craft, tactical assessment, and advanced dust applications. It goes without saying that since this is an advanced combat academy, we should all be capable in that regards…” Miziren looked around to the numerous other students gathered around in the main hall, his gaze ending on Solar. “…perhaps to different extents.”
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:35:48 PM by Poof! »

Dragolianx

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2017, 06:24:43 PM »
Mavi was a little more than confused by what Miziren had just said. He was good at so many things! But what he said about everyone being good at combat in different way made him think. How good were his teammates at fighting? It was the question he kept asking himself over and over again on the ride here. From what Miz was saying he could be one tough customer. The thought of fighting him alone got Mavi's blood pumping a bit. "Well since we're all capable of fighting in different ways, then maybe we should fight. I've been itching for a good fight since I got here" Mavi said stretching his arm.

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2017, 07:01:24 PM »
Marcus chuckled as Solar tried to put his helmet on, he helped her out by putting the helmet on both of her horns making it look like she had impaled a badgers scull if that scull had been metal saying "There now you look like you just killed a badass badger.", he looked back at Mizi and nodded "That's an impressive list of skills, but I hope you don't take me saying smiting as my only skill, only highlighting it."

Marcus looked back at Mavi and weighing the options of what he had to do he said "Combat? Well I guess there is no better way to asses how well you'll work with your teammates then fighting them, so I'm in if you guys are.", he cracked his knuckles together with a huge grin on his face.
BEACON

SHADE