Author Topic: First Year 2v2 Match - Round 1: Lucina/Isabelle V Fallow/Kushii[Limited: 4/8]  (Read 17104 times)

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Isabelle watched with a smile as Fallow was hit by the explosion, getting knocked over and sliding to a halt in front of her. Backing up a couple of steps to make sure he couldn't grab her by the leg or anything, she nodded, pulling two arrows out of her quiver and readying them. Both modified with electric dust. She was a little too distracted by the opponent being on the ground right in front of her to pay much attention to Lucina's predicament.

"I'd have to agree." The catgirl spoke calmly to Fallow, even as she raised the bow with two arrows on it and drew back. Despite the fact that she was using twice as many arrows, she managed to do it very quickly, having practiced the movement countless amounts of times. The distance between them was only a few feet, and she was ready to release both of them in his direction at a moment's notice. "You, uh, might want to surrender though. Otherwise, this is going to hurt." Isabelle had no idea if he had any other tricks up his sleeve, but she really didn't believe that anything he could do would be faster than the arrows that she held in her fingers. Her eyes watched his hands closely, just waiting to see if he would try anything. Part of her really wanted that to happen.

[Aura Remaining - 58%]
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
Having little to do in this situation, Lucina would have to sit back and just take it like she has in many other situations (; D)[20% damage taken]. Having just experienced an explosion worthy of Michael Bay himself, Lucina would take a moment before getting up, as Fallow seemed to be weak himself and Isabelle seemed to be handling the situation very well. Lucina would ready her own weapon, 'charging' its saw form with electric dust so the duo could hopefully wombo-combo Fallow if he decided to pull something big.

[Aura Remaining- 47%]
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
As Fallow saw the arrows drawn right at his face Fallow could tell that his two opponents had him completely beaten. Damn. Looks like I'm completely screwed here. Might as well go out with a bang though. Despite his predicament a smile appeared across Fallow's face as he raised his hands in surrender. "well. You have me pinned here so there isn't really much i can do. Surrender would certainly be the smartest option." While he spoke and hoped to be distracting his opponent he was slowly moving one hand towards the bow. Once he felt he was close enough he struck like a python. Grabbing the bow with one hand in order to wrench it away and prevent the arrows from hitting him his other hand snaked down to his book lying open taking whatever spell his hand brushed across. Feeling the cold in his palm Fallow knew it was one of his two ice based spells and it was the large variant of it. pulling on the bow to yank himself to his feet and raising his other hand 100 small blades of ice formed in the sky above both him and Isabelle. "Ahh this seems like a beautiful way for things to end." and with that comment he cast his hand downwards bringing all of the daggers of ice down on top of them. [2% damage on each blade that hits. Fallow will be reduced beyond the defeat threshhold by this attack in my next post.]
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
'... Is he being serious right now?'

Even if she was only a first year, Isabelle wasn't stupid, nor was she blind. It was clear that he was only talking in attempt to distract her, seeing as his hand had started to creep forward slowly. She wasn't even looking at him as he spoke, as her eyes were still locked on his hands. Surrender would indeed be the option that a smart person would choose. And here Fallow was, slowly reaching for a drawn bow. Without much hesitation, she let both of the arrows loose, sending them straight for his torso [10% damage, 10% damage].

Once he grabbed the bow, Isabelle struggled for a brief moment, planning to kick him before she stopped herself. He was in the middle of summoning a spell from his book. Letting go of her own weapon, the cat simply turned around and... ran away. While he spoke of how grand this ending of the battle was, Isabelle had taken the opportunity he had given her by jumping off the same side of the cliff that she had only landed on moments ago. Even after landing in the field that had been mostly burned to ash, she kept moving, both to get away and to charge her semblance if need be.

After all, the battle was about to end anyway, and she could just get her bow back after he knocked himself out of the match with his own attack. And, even if he did get out of the way of the ice daggers, Lucina was there and ready to strike. While she didn't see Fallow as being extremely bright after that stunt, he was at least right about the ending of the match. It was going to be beautiful.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
Being an avid nerd, Lucina knew video games and shows well enough to know that lots of characters who know they're in a situation where they will perish will attempt to take others with them. She's also played enough video games and watched enough shows to be able to distinguish the difference between a good  final attack and a bad one. This? This was not an exemplary one.

As Lucina still waited, poised to strike, she soon realized that she probably wouldn't have to do...anything, really. As she watched Fallow slink over towards Isabelle and grab her bow, she thought to herself "W-We go to a combat school that trains future Huntsman and Huntresses. Did he NOT think she would figure him out?" Knowing very well that the fight would soon come to a close, Lucina simply got up and...walked away. With her back turned, of course, just in case something exploded.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:32:11 PM by Skylia »
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Well this is convenient. Fallow's plan had been to at least not go out surrendering and possibly even take one of his opponents with him. Instead of this he had managed to acquire the weapon of one of them and have a spell raised over his head. With his initial target now run away and him being unaware that the arrows had taken him out of the battle, Fallow didn't bring the spell down on his own head and turned towards his other opponent given that they had a weapon in their hand only to find they had their back turned to him. moving his hand the blades of ice then flew at her instead.[same damage as before. 2% for every hit taken. you can decide how much.]

[aura level = 7%]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:35:06 AM by arcus_gray »
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
(15% is the cutoff.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F