Author Topic: Switcheroo: Gray/Calen  (Read 19174 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Switcheroo: Gray/Calen
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 10:55:18 AM »
Feeling the Jabs Gray turned to his opponent with his arms wide he wrapped his opponent in a bear-hug and then once again rammed his forehead into Calen's face.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 40%

Headbutt: 7%

Bear hug: no damage but would pin Calen's arms to his sides under the assumption it was successful.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 09:50:32 PM »
As dazed as he was Calen could easily see the bear hug coming. Delivering one last quick jab at Gray's jaw Calen ducked low and stepped around his opponent jabbing one more on Gray's side. This is quickly followed by a savage stomp aimed at buckling Gray's leg by striking the knee side on. Staying close Calen tries to force a pause in the fight by mirroring Gray's movement's ensuring that Calen is always behind his opponent. All this time Calen is whispering taunts into Gray's ear, so quite only he could hear.

'That all you got dog boy?'

'Having fun chasing your tail?'

'Don't worry I'm sure your owner will still play fetch with after you get your ass handed to you.'

Calen's Battle Data
2x2% jabs
3% stomp

Aura: 42%
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 12:16:45 PM »
Gray once again failed to defend himself against any of the attacks thrown at him. Lashing out wildly with his arm as he fell to the ground and connecting with nothing but empty air. Gray spun repeatedly trying to get his opponent within his line of sight. The taunts having their intended effect of making Gray angrier and angrier. With his failure to catch his opponent by turning Gray decided to use his acrobatic ability to hit the bastard falling forward and coming up on his hands and kicking out in a manner similar to that of a horse aiming his kick upwards in the hopes of connecting with his face. Following the strike he would bend his elbows and arch his back to put himself in a low handstands before rapidly straightening his arms to propel himself into the air and into a somersault. If Calen had remained standing Gray would do a full rotation and aim a kick at the back of his head as he flipped over him. If Calen had fallen over Gray would straighten mid-air and stamp with both feet on his chest.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 33%

Horse-kick: 10%
mid-air-flip-kick: 8%
chest-stomp:10%
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 05:31:01 PM »
Getting cocky again Calen side stepped Gray's admittedly acrobatic but blind attack giving him another quick slash for his troubles. Stunned by his opponent's new handstand strategy Calen backed off a few steps but not out of range of Grey's next somersault. It took until Grey was in the air again for Calen to realise his opponent's intention and by then it was to late, unable to brace his guard enough Grey's kick smashed through Calen's rushed defences and once again sent his head spinning. Half blind from the kick Calen knew he couldn't show too much weakness in the face of such a furious opponent. Instead of stumbling back Calen took a heavy step forward towards where he heard Grey land, putting himself in a dangerous position but also putting him in range to attack himself. Assuming Grey will pause the same length as before Calen will strike continuously with quick strikes trying to put up a facade of strength and dissuade any serious attack for his opponent before he can recover..

Calen's Battle Data.

Light strikes 3% take as many as you want

Aura: 34%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 04:44:53 AM »
Gray once again didn't seem to even notice the strikes coming his way countering Calen's strike by ignoring it and beginning to throw punches at his face.

Gray's battle data.

Punches: 5%

will let you decide how long the blow trading goes on. I will take as many slashes as you take punches + the initiating strike.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 07:43:50 AM »
Striking three times, and getting hit twice in return, was enough to clear up Calen's vision enough to see his immediate surroundings and in them he caught sight of his discarded yoyo. Rolling out of Gray's third punch Calen scooped up the range weapon and immediately tried to use it to hold Gray back. Despite his bruised state the muscle memory of yoyo-ing came back quite well, striking three times, what didn't come back well was walking. More stumbling backwards than any measured movements left a lot to be desired and truly put on display how much Calen was hurting. This didn't stop the verbal jabs however and Calen kept up his insults more out of spite than believing it would give him any real advantage.

'You are running quite the dog's leg.'

'Someone call animal control, there is a bitch running around.'

'Keep this up and you might get table scraps for dinner.'

Calen's Battle Data
3x4% fire dust yoyo strikes

Aura: 24%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2017, 08:13:36 AM »
Gray finally seemed to get it back in his head that he had to evade as well as attack if he wanted to stand a chance when he sidestepped the yoyo that was thrown at him and gripped the string preventing it from retracting and being thrown at him. maintaining his grasp on the string he pushed off and went into a full sprint at his opponent seeming to once again be aiming to simply run and punch. However instead of this at the last moment he pushed off the ground and leaped over Calen extending his leg into the back of one of Calen's knees just before he landed adding gravity to the force of his kick.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 21%

kick: 10% and will likely result in a knockdown.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:17:21 AM by arcus_gray »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2017, 06:16:59 AM »
Caught in a panic as Gray once again rushed him Calen tried for a forth yo-yo strike as Gray advanced. With his opponent's hand over the string he couldn't use a conventional yo-yo strike and instead retracted the string using it's linked glove. Obviously the impact wasn't as significant as the previous attacks but the majority of damage was from the dust which still exploded furiously. Stepping forward Calen aimed to take advantage of his superior reach and the disruption caused by the yo-yo to break Gray's assault with a deadly stab of his own. This missed terribly as Gray leaped over him and his forward positioning of his legs made him vulnerable to his opponent's following kick.

Buckling to one knee Calen barely managed to stay mostly upright in the wake of the attack as pain once again rocketed through his leg. Trying to make the most of his lower position Calen threw his weight forward trying to pull the yo-yo through Gray's hands or put him off balance. While pulling forward Calen will pivote on his good leg for a stab as he faded away, his injured leg held above the ground hanging limply beneath him.

Calen's Battle Data
Yo-yo explosion 4%
Stab 5%

Aura: 14%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 12:23:22 AM »
Gray's snarl turned into a sinister grin as he finally started to have things going his way. Feeling the thread in his hand start pulling Gray let go of the yoyo and moved his hand away to avoid the impact. Seeing Calen turning Gray raised his foot and stamped down on the hand the sword was in fully intent on driving it into the ground and crushing it were it not for aura.  "Got anything smart to say now you little shit!"

Gray's battle Data

Aura level:21%

Stomp: 4%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 01:43:24 AM »
Forced to drop his sword under the force of Gray's stomp Calen rolled away slowly getting to is feet, letting his injured hand hang limp while his other hand readied for more yo-yo strikes. 'Every simply connected, closed 3-manifold is homeomorp to the 3-sphere.' Calen replied, laughing despite the pain he was in. 'Or is that too beyond you? How about how many dogs does it take to change a light bulb, you'll like this one.'

By this stage Calen was very aware he was going to lose, but at least he would be able to make sure Gray wouldn't be celebrating this victory. Letting loose another storm of yo-yo strike Calen is unable to keep up the speed to properly kite and instead shuffles backwards.

Calen's Battle Data
3x4% yo-yo strikes

Aura: 10%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:18 PM »
Gray's expression changed from one of satisfaction to one of confusion and then back to anger as Calen spoke and once again the yoyo started flying. As the strikes connected Gray could be seen grabbing at it and on the final shot he was finally successful. This time grabbing the yoyo itself instead of the string before once again rushing his opponent. "Maybe this will shut you up!" Gray yelled before moving to shove the yoyo at Calen's face. If he happened to retort shoving the yoyo right into his mouth. Followed by a kick to the inside of Calen's leg.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 9%

Yoyo gag : 3%

kick; 6%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2017, 02:26:52 AM »
Calen's face scrunched up in pain as he tried but failed to get out of the way of Gray shoving the yo-yo into his face. Drop his last remaining weapon Calen bundled up most of his remaining aura and channelled it through his remaining good left arm. Waiting until his opponent was almost too close to miss Calen launched his final attack, green energy coated his arm as it sped forward with phenomenal strength and speed. However this energy was otherwise going to protect Calen from Gray's attack and without it the leg buckled with a sickening crack. This wasn't the end of Calen's pain as now without any aura to strengthen his arm against the recoil of his own attack, should the punch land the shock waves would leave dozens of fractures all down the bone.

Regardless of if the punch lands or how much pain he was in Calen didn't fall, he didn't even take a backwards step. Holding himself up with his good leg Calen placed his right hand on his opponent's chest simply chanted quickly. 'Woof....Woof....Woof.'

Calen's Battle Data
Aura assisted punch 9%

Aura: 0%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2017, 07:40:45 AM »
Even Gray could tell a glowing arm was probably something to avoid and dropped to the ground as soon as he saw it sweeping the leg of his opponent.

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 03:32:29 PM »
Malina stepped forward onto the arena, calling out to the two students. "Aaaaaaaand that's enough." She crossed her arms as she came to a stop near the two. "Your aura's in the black." She eyed Calen for a moment before uncrossing her arms and putting them on her hips. "I applaud your dedication to the fight, but either of you throw another punch and one of you is getting tossed against a wall, got it? I'd really rather not have to do that to a student." She paused for a moment, looking at both of the students. "Understood?"
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2017, 04:36:39 PM »
Hopping over Gray's sweep Calen's was about to drop on his opponent when that strategy was interrupted by Malina calling an end to the fight. Disappointed but expecting such a call Calen let his arms hang limp by his side. Looking down at his fallen opponent Calen decided to have one last jab before he left. 'At least you ended up when you should have, beneath your betters.' Calen whispered so only his opponent could hear before turning away to get medical treatment.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:00:58 PM by Kingnoname1 »