Author Topic: Beach time, murder time...Wait, what? (CLOSED)  (Read 5383 times)

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
Beach time, murder time...Wait, what? (CLOSED)
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:21:30 PM »
As the gentle waves of Taris beach slowly washed up and down on the sandy shore, Tristan Pyrails smiled and stretched her arms as she laid gently down on the beach chair. Ahh, this was so nice, she thought, no schoolwork, no Grimm, just her, a few...friends, and no problems whatsoever. Her scarlet red hair let loose, which managed to make it down all the way to her back, Tristan felt good for the first time in a long time, turning herself over to look at the person closet to her through her dark sunglasses, it was a shame that Tristan probably couldn't say the same for her.

Camille Alyssandra, a blonde girl that was probably from...Atlas or something, was reading a book on a beach chair next to her. Compared to Tristan's red two piece swimsuit, Camille wore a blue one with a long, see through skirt, not to mention, she kept her hair up in a braid, like usual. From the looks of it, Camille was doing a fine job of ignoring the world around her, despite the fact there were on a killer beach that was close to a market which was playing host to a good number of people. Mostly because, as far as Tristan could tell, there was a good ice cream shop nearby. There were others on the beach, come to think of it, some of them from Beacon, others were locals, and oddly enough, they were all good looking, which was weird. Not like, normal good looking, supermodel good looking. Tristan might have gawked and blushed at some of the bodies, but...it kinda felt like her brain was overloaded by the sheer amount.

It didn't help that some of the locals were complete idiots.

Seriously, Tristan had tried talking (read: Flirt) to one, and found that they couldn't even answer a few basic questions like: "Why weren't there any Grimm here?" "Why is the mayor's name literally Demurder?" Or finally, "Why is there lightning and thunder whenever someone mentions the name-" She was usually cut off by that point, and the person she was questioning ran away.

It was strange, but for the most part, Tristan couldn't care. After all, nothing could ruin her day so far.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:29:35 PM by Swordslinger »

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
Re: Beach time, murder time...Wait, what? (CLOSED)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 12:13:30 AM »
Acero buried his toes into the warm beach sand and let out a sigh of relief. It had been so long that he had a break from all of the schoolwork and constant fighting. He walked along the shore with his t-shirt and shorts on, his feet now within range of the small waves of water. Acero pulled out his earbuds and started listening to his favorite tunes, while the cold sea breeze brushed up against him.

He knew that a lot of Beacon students liked to come here for summer vacation, and he also knew that half of the class was afraid of him, so he figured he could walk alone for quite a while without somebody he knew interrupting his alone time. He did, however, see a couple of underclassmen from Beacon relaxing in the sun, enjoying themselves. Hmph, they seem to like it here. Hope they savor it, the road of becoming a huntsman ain't an easy one. he thought.

Acero decided to stop for a drink and was met by an overly enthusiastic man that kept offering deals on hotel rooms. Acero declined so many times that he was about to punch the man in the throat to make him shut up. Acero finally managed to get his beverage, but couldn't shake the feeling that something weird was afoot.

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:14:46 AM »
Akel was somewhat tense about the whole situation, sure relaxing at a beach was absolutely fine, she loved the beach, but the beach didn't agree with her much. Which was why she currently sat under a large umbrella, a tube of sunscreen besides her and a large brimmed hat on her head with her hair tied up nicely which revealed her back, something that was a bit of a rarity considering how she normally had her hair, also she didn't desire having sand in her hair. Her weapon nicely wrapped in its own towel to stop any sand from getting into the mechanisms and her belts plus all the throwing knives attached kept in a duffel bag which carried some regular clothes.

However the fact was that they weren't in Beacon, it was good to be away from books, teachers and certain students that were... irritating to say the least. Her black and red two piece probably wasn't the best choice but it was the one she went with. Which was why she also wore one of her many white dress shirts, albeit unbuttoned and mostly just to hide the tattoos on her arm and body. She was getting a few strange looks from the locals and they were starting to bother her. Laying on her back and grabbing her scroll to listen to some music to let the time pass and just try and forget the glancing from the people that walked past her.
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 12:50:46 AM »
People say the beach was a place for everyone, Vermillion disagreed. People said nothing permanent can be built on the beach. Vermillion disagreed. People said thrones of sand were uncomfortable. With that Vermillion agreed.

"Ugh, I hate sand. It's coarse, rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere." He muttered, leaning on one hand on the huge throne of sand he erected for himself. Nearby he spotted a couple of other students and paid them no heed, only slightly perturbed by the fact that it seemed like he was the only uncomfortable one. Shifting his bottom as he sat he sighed and wondered if his pale skin would tan in the intense sunlight.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:09:21 PM »
Noir was just sitting down at the edge of the water. He's not sure why he's at the beach considering he's blind and it could very quickly go wrong, but it was nice to have the water touch his feet every now and then. He could do without the sweater, but his wardrobe didn't contain much variety there. At least his trench coat isn't on him right now, or he'd be sweating up a storm.

He may think that he's an approachable fourth year student, but someone just sitting at the edge of the water and staring off the distance may or may not put off some people.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 08:00:42 PM »
"....Hey Camille?" Tristan asked, glancing towards Camille, who, in turn, looked up from her book.

"Yes Tristan?"

"Why are all of the other students spread out like butter on toast?"

"....That's...an odd metaphor to use..."

"I didn't eat breakfast today, sue me." Tristan grumbled, "But still, you think by now one of them would at the very least hang out with us. I mean, why not? I'm awesome and you have that weird stoic personality that people like for some reason."

"For the sake of our apparent friendship, I will ignore that." Camille said, flipping a page in her book and going back to reading.

"Yeah, well, I have a point." Tristan replied, rolling over on her chair and crossing her arms. "Still...I just think that..."

"Tristan, are you bored?" Camille asked.

"...A little bit." Tristan admitted, "Just sitting here is nice and all, but I need something to do, you know?"

"Well, why don't you ask that Noir boy to play with you? He seems to be...lonely, also, that Vermilion was quoting that...movie of questionable reputation. Finally, that Akel girl is also quite lonely looking, perhaps her and Noir could strike up a friendship."

Tristan blinked, "...You're more observant then you let on, you know that?"

"....Hm."

"But seriously though, I'm bored. I need something to do!"

"Go into town then." Camille sighed, "There's bound to be something to do. I heard that Acero boy was also heading into town."

"That I will!" Tristan said, standing up swiftly and making her way towards town. As Camille watched her...friend go, she turned back to her book, but something caught her eye. Something murky in the water...

Oh well, it was probably nothing.

As Tristan headed into town, not caring that she was still wearing only a swimsuit, (though to be fair, a lot of other people were, so no big deal there), she spent an glance towards the mansion close to the beach front. It was overlooking a cliff, which, in turn, was above those...what do you call those things? Beach caves? Sea caves? Either way, that's where the Mansion of Demurder rested, and...for some reason, it looked weird. Like, really weird. Like...was a window broken, or something? There was a small crack one of the windows but...hm.

Tristan was, needless to say, lost in thought, so much so that she wasn't looking where she was going.

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 09:11:52 PM »
(OOC sorry for bothering you Swordslinger!)

After about 2 hours of walking around on the beach, Acero decided to go into town to get some coffee. As expected, pretty much everyone had a swimsuit on, although a lot of them were pretty....revealing for Acero's tastes. Weird thoughts aside, Acero walked into the coffee shop and immediately started catching weird looks from both the customers and the staff. Acero asked for a mocha cappuccino with a shot of espresso, and received it after 5 minutes of patient waiting. He sat down at a table with a window looking out to beach, and started drinking one of the best cups of coffee in his life.

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 01:42:36 AM »
Akel lowered the volume on her phone, the emtertainment of the umbrella quickly dying on her, moving herself up she looked out towards the sea. Spotting a lone person sitting awfully close to the water and the shades of grey somewhat mixing.

Grabbing a bottle of soda from her bag and walking over the short distance to sit next to Noir. Leaning forward slightly to look at Noir from the side. "May i sit next to you?"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 08:28:58 AM »
Beaches were boring, this Vermillion confirmed after just a moments agter he arrived. not too many people but just crowded enough for a questionable event to occur. Unfortunately even after postrating himself im the sun for what gelt like hours, building himself a throne of grimmawful sand, and the obvious looks of oddity every now and then, he decided that his view was absolute and nothing can possibly change it.

Though he did tend to shift ideas every now and then.

Maybe he was the in who needed to start something, maybe a certain incident would spark interest in him and his name, maybe he could start this something and maybe cause a panic then take control of the situatiom! That would certainly be preferable to this idleness.

Resisting the urge to spear a crab that scuttled by Vermillion gazed back into the troughing waves and was bored by their frothy white laps. Entertain me! He thought, starting to stare at a certain murky spot in the water. Vermillion's frown twitched to a grin.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 09:20:34 PM »
As the waves tickled his feet, Noir was thinking. Quite deeply in fact. About what? He wasn't too sure, as he had no idea what to think about in the first place. Then, Noir frowned as he corrected that in his head, 'Actually, incorrect.' Continuing on with his thought as he shifted his head onto his knees, 'I'm thinking about why a blind guy would be at the beach and not in the water.' Noir continues to muse about his thoughts when a voice comes from his side. Glancing quickly in the direction the voice came form, then looks back to the ocean before he gives his answer. "Sure." Feeling out the aura of the person soon to be sitting next to him, Noir detects insignificant details that provided enough evidence for Noir to safely assume that they are probably a huntress-in-training.

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Swordslinger

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 12:27:41 AM »
As Camille read her book, the murky water kept drawing her eye again and again, it was like...wrong. Not like the usual murkiness that came from being near the beach, but it was...red. Bright red, the wrong kind of red.

Putting her book down, Camille stood up and walked toward the red water. Giving passing glances to Noir, Vermilion, and Akel, Camille stopped herself at the water's edge, watching the ocean with intense focus. Watching the water, Camille noticed there was a trail, in it, it was leading back to that...lagoon? Was that what they were called? And was somebody pouring ketchup down into the water or something? Or had someone loose a helluva lot of blood?

Tristan had found herself at the foot of the mansion's gate, the one on top of a cliff overlooking the beach. Now that she was closer, Tristan could see the front door was ajar, and the windows were open...what was going on?

Also, the gate was open as well, but it looked torn off it's hinges...That was creepy.

Capta1n_Henry

• Personal Text
    I'll decide your fate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 05:34:52 PM »
After Acero had finished his coffee, he started walking back to beach when, suddenly, he saw the young 1st year girl from the beach in front of the so called "Mansion of Demurder." He decided to walk up to her to see if she was alright, and at the same time, he carefully put a battery for his wrist gun into his hand. "Uh, hey, you alright? What are you doing out here by yourself, Ms. uh?"

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 11:59:06 PM »
Akel sat down beside the older looking student, looking out towards the water and rubbing her eyes, but it was clear to her that she was seeing red. This spooked her greatly and she stood right back up because of it. "That's blood. I know that colour." Akel took a step back and looked at her weapon, seeing red in the sea put her on edge, taking a deep breath she looked towards her seniors.

"What do we do?"

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 02:56:23 AM »
Noir frowned as he listened to what the first year said, and proceeds to stand up. You wouldn't think it, but blood in a lagoon would probably imply murder. Noir briefly thought about what he should do before voicing it, "We can call the police and look around while they get here." Activating his semblance for brief moment to figure out who else noticed the "blood" according to the first year, he seems satisfied with who's with him. Noir adds onto his previous thought, "We have enough people to investigate." Preferably, Noir would like to look around with ALL his weapons, but he only has his gun on him since it was easy to carry around incognito. He doesn't even know if his fellow peers have their weapons since they were supposed to be relaxing.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 08:33:30 AM »
"Ha! Who needs police when we have several hintsmen in training! One of whom is more than enough to fight off any fool who dares oppose me!" Forgetting his supposed third person rhetoric, Verm prattled in while manifesting a spear in hand. He Laughed and walked towards the beautiful red blood, such a stark contrast to the blue ocean and white sand but not entirely unwelcome. Besides, he was getting bored and finding a dead body would be the perfect way to spice things up on this boring trip.

"I'm going to follow the trail of blood. Whatever it is it requires my full attention. Follow me or not I dont care, just dont get in the way of something happens." Verm spat, trudging along the beach as he eeriely grinned at the new turn of events.
Students

Professors