Author Topic: A Quiet Place To Train (Open)  (Read 6755 times)

OmegaX123

• View Profile
A Quiet Place To Train (Open)
« on: September 24, 2016, 11:05:24 AM »
After his encounter with the young mechanic Sakura, Martin had determined that if he was going to stand much of a chance at the tournament, let alone impress anyone, he'd need to train his butt off. To that end, he had set out to find a quiet training ground. Somewhere along the way, he just got turned around, and ended up wandering into Forever Fall. "Well, this seems like as good a place as any," he said to no one in particular, as he unslung the sword from his back and began stretching.

After finishing up his stretches, he began practicing his forms, fighting an imaginary foe, oblivious to the glowing red eyes watching him from amongst the trees.
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    Currently wish brick was a gender option XD
    • View Profile
Re: A Quiet Place To Train (Open)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 06:17:22 PM »
Eddy was strolling alone in Forever Fall taking his time he had his mind set on winning the Vytal tournament, but to do that he would need a lot more practice so step one in his plan was find somewhere that he could be alone and train without interruption.

As he walked through the trees he heard someone else training in the distance "Well I guess I'm not the only one who had the idea.", he hopped into a tree only to be met with the bone plated spine of a Grimm. He stayed as quite as possible until his semblance finished, a second later the dead body fell out of the tree with a green glowing Naginata sticking out of the back of its neck.
Characters: ShowHide
BEACON
Kale Bomvu "Ready, set, boom." -Third year explosives expert
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--
Eddy Midori"You're never ready for me."-- First year Cocky Monk
Alice Kasshoku/Schwarz -- "You just need to chill."-- active huntress

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 07:10:25 PM »
Martin heard a 'thud', and turned around just in time to see the distinctive plating of a Grimm just before it dissolved into nothing. "Guess I picked a good place," he smirked as he shifted his weapon into rifle form and fired off a few shots to flush any more Grimm nearby out of hiding. "Maybe that wasn't too smart after all," he said, a mix of fear and excitement in his voice, as he fired a lightning Dust cartridge into the chest of one of the dozen or so Beowolves that had come to surround him.

He switched to broadsword form, smiling at the familiar heft, and charged at the nearest one, leaping into the air and spinning as he got closer, his blade biting into the Grimm and flinging it and him in opposite directions. He used the momentum to attack another, shifting to polearm form on the way, but it was his body, not his blade, that slammed into the beast. He dropped as the Beowolf swung at him, bringing the blade up into its chin. "Two down... Ten to go..."
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »
Cidrine came much later, but without seeing them he knew someone else, no two people were around. He heard a Beowulf leap behind him and that Grimm got a cracked head and dissapated. He brushed off the dust of his fist and crouched, hiding behind the shurb.
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 01:47:11 AM »
Eddy jumped down from the tree ripping the Naginata from the corpse and flinched as the rounds went off, one nearly clipping him. He looked to the source and smiled "A little caution with those next time.", he spun his Naginata and spun around plunging it into the chest of a Beowolf that got too close.
BEACON
Valerie Moriomo "What will it be booze or a mission?"- Owner of the Pink Forest and huntress for hire
Obadia Corcra/A.C.D.C."Never any interesting people.""Obadia... shut up." Third year Mad scientist--

SHADE
Marcus Bomvu-"Is there a forge nearby? I prefer to keep working."-- First year craftsman of team SMMR

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 01:56:17 AM »
"Sorry 'bout that!" Another two Beowolves fell to the assault, making the count five between his kills and the other guy's, but Martin felt his aura flagging under the constant barrage of Grimm claws. He clicked a fire Dust cartridge into the hilt of his sword, and almost immediately it ignited, the red of the blade now glowing red-hot. "I was hoping to keep a few secrets back for the tournament," he spat, "but anyone who's watching can consider this a free preview!" He swung his blade in a wide arc, catching three of the creatures as he brought it around. Two of them immediately disintegrated, but the third just caught fire and stumbled backwards into the bushes, as a Nevermore swooped down. Martin switched his weapon to rifle mode and discharged the last of the Dust cartridge into the bird, which fell to the ground afire, and quickly dissolved away.

(EDIT: Damn autocorrect... Did not mean 'boutique'...)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:59:25 AM by OmegaX123 »

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 02:17:45 AM »
The Beowulf on fire nearly burnt the bush Cidrine was hiding in. It was quite the intense battle he forgot that he was still hiding and ready to bounce. He shifted his feet and leapt out, the claws of his gauntlet out just as Boarbatusk rolled in from behind Eddy and Martin. It looks as of Cidrine was going to attack Martin but his intention was that Boarbatusk.

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 02:34:35 AM »
Eddy just laughed as he lopped off the head of another Beowolf charging at Martin "You're in Vale now, secretes don't stay secrete for long... unless you're a higher up.", he watched as the beowolves went down. He was impressed but was pulled back to the battle when he heard the last two charging at him, Eddy only smirked and waited until they where in striking range and went to the ground while kicking one leg out and spinning, he kicked the legs out of under both of the Grimm and punched one of them in the chest with enough force to crack the bone plating, while the other one fell onto the blade of his Naginata.

Eddy stood to his full height and drove his foot into the scull of the one surviving Beowolf with the broken cheat plate, he didn't seem to care that someone leaped out of the bushes nor that a Boarbatusk had gotten past his notice, he chuckled and said "Now onto finding a real challenge for training.", he started to walk off towards the sound of an audibal HISSSS in the distance, he had a look of excitement mixed with anger on his face, as he walked he took off his robes revealing his combat attire.

(OOC: The pic is basically what his combat attire is)
BEACON

SHADE

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 02:46:14 AM »
So many reactions crossed Martin's face at once. Amusement at the monkey faunus's statement, awe at his skill, fear and excitement at the sound of whet he could only imagine was a King Taijitu in the distance, surprise at the person with his weapon leveled on him... Wait, person with a weapon leveled on him? "Looking for a free sample before the tournament, huh?" Before he could turn his weapon on the newcomer, he heard the sound of the Boarbatusk behind him. "Great, now all we need is a pack of Ursai to show up..." he moaned.

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 03:54:11 AM »
Cidrine drove his claws through the skull of the Boarbatusk, his feet gripping onto the squealing Grimm as it disappears slowly. He got to his feet and with a cocky grin looks at the both of them.
"Actually, we got worst," Cidrine pointed towards the bush he came from. "Just 1 mile away, a Death Stalker is closing in on us, along with a buddy, King Tatjitu."

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 04:42:29 AM »
Eddy glanced back and said "I know, the tatjitu is mine.", his Naginata that still impaled a Beowolf dissapeared and the dissipating body dropped with a soft THUD,  Eddy continued to walk in the direction of the Grimm. As the hissing got closer Eddy moved faster not caring about the now obvious clacking of Deathstalker pincers only on the hiss, he was now in a dead sprint and the Grimm where just coming into view.
BEACON

SHADE

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 06:24:40 AM »
"Death Stalkers, great," Martin said with a mix of dismay and what almost sounded like eagerness in his voice. "I thought I was in Vale, not Vacuo," he cracked as he switched his weapon to polearm form and looked around for the signs of its approach. "I'll say one thing for this place, it's a great place to practice."

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 06:40:03 AM »
'Oh I smell a Nevermore, wow it is just big Grimm day," Cidrine let out a roar and dashed towards the direction of where the three large Grimm are.

The Death Stalker came out first and swung it's large pincer at Martin while the King Tatjitu emerged next, two heads glared at Eddy with their red eyes, heads raised just as a Nevermore swoops in and Cidrine impales his claws into its feet and gets carried by the Nevermore into the sky.

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
"Alright, bug-eyes, you're mine," Martin said. He ran forward, digging his weapon's blade into the ground, and when the momentum started to carry him upwards, he bushes off with his legs. Vaulting into the air, at the apex of the jump he shifted his weapon into rifle form and fired a volley of shots into the scorpion's midsection. As the arc began to drop, he switched to sword form, plunging the blade into the patch his bullets had weakened in the Grimm's armor.

The creature bucked and moved, trying to throw him off, and nearly succeeding. At the last second, he switched to polearm form, driving his weapon straight through the Grimm's body and into the ground underneath. As the Grimm disintegrated, gravity pulled him down and forward, where he landed on his head. "Ouch... Okay, landing needs work. How's everyone else doing?" he called, looking around to see how his impromptu training partners' battles were going.

00Mogar

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 02:48:36 PM »
Eddy ran until one of the Tatjitu heads came at him with its mouth ready to bite, he jumped with inhuman speed and strength launching himself several feet into the air towards the snake head, midway he gripped his belt and ripping it off sent the now razor sharp whip at the beasts eye. The sarrated blade went straight into the eye of the snake ripping the flesh on its way in and he used it as an anchor when the Tatjitu reeled back and he used the new found momentum to wrap around the snakes head all of the blades digging in their claws into its flesh ripping it with every little motion.
BEACON

SHADE