Author Topic: The Scurvy Cornerstone [Open]  (Read 2837 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
The Scurvy Cornerstone [Open]
« on: March 20, 2017, 03:55:52 PM »
8:17 PM on a Friday

(TL;DR: Stingerbutt travels to a filthy biker bar except they serve excessively girly delicious drinks and it's also probably in the twilight zone. Oh, and Vulco is there)

Malina looked down at her scroll. Then up at the building. The down at her scroll. Then up at the building. It certainly wasn't what she imagined when Carmine had recommended it to her. It being an apparently nice bar to site down and have a drink. But from the outside, it seemed anything but "nice" and more along the lines of what she imagined a crack house to look like years after it had already been abandoned due to one too many fires. The exposed brick that made up most of the exterior of the building was grimy and stained with some unknown substances in several areas low to the ground. Above the brick, a large sign sat that used to read "The Scurvy Potato" but now has the "potato" crossed out and "Cornerstone" written over it in crude graffiti. Through the windows which she could barely even see through, she saw the vague outlines of people and bright lights. That said, the windows were equally grimy and some seemed to have been intentionally tinted.

Malina frowned as she pat her hand against her hip, instinctively trying to pat against her weapon despite it not being there. Even if she had wanted to lug around her weapon through town, there wasn't much space to fit it with her apparel, after all a loose shirt covered by a sweatshirt, a pair of comfortable jeans,and a small purse weren't going to be giving her too much help with combat anyway. With a sigh, she slid her scroll into the purse and began to make her way toward the, questionably unguarded, entrance.

As she stepped through the doorway, she was hit instantly by the bright and colorful lights. After allowing her eyes a moment to adjust, she could more easily see the room around her. In the middle of a room a large pillar of exposed brick rose up, sporting rows of bottles of colorful drinks, seemingly both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Circling around it, a bar top sat with dozens of chairs, some taken and some left empty, but all with some sort of damage to them. Orbiting around in the rest of the room, tables sat in seemingly random locations with people standing next to them or sitting down in the cushioned seats and chatting with the staff or each other. The walls of the room matched the exterior with their grime and muck.

The most surprising things to Malina, though, were the people. There were men dressed in biker outfits, combat outfits, suits, casual apparel, women dressed in full dresses, some in skirts, a few in jogging outfits, and one dressed like she had just come out of the era of the greyed war. It was as if Malina had stepped out of Remnant and into some sort of weird twilight zone where her comfy casual apparel was simultaneously out of style and in style. 

A muttered "What the hell?" was all she bothered getting out as she made her way to one of the seats at the bar, sliding past people and pushing some out of the way as she went. As she sat down, Manticore unfurled frown around her waist and wrapped around the chair below her as to avoid anyone tripping over it in a drunken haze. He sight was quickly led to the drinks menu, which hung crookedly and was written on a chalkboard against the pillar. Sex on the beach, fuzzy naval, mudslide. pina colada, cosmopolitan, mai tai, thug passio- thug passion?

She didn't get to look at the list too long before the bear of a bartender stepped in between her and the board. As her eyes focused on the man, she let out a barely audible groan of defeat. Despite the man before her being drenched in shadows to the point of not being able to distinguish a single feature, she already knew who it was. he had that aura about him.

"WELL HELLO THERE, LITTLE LADY! WHAT CAN I, VULCO, GET FOR YOU THIS EVENING! PERHAPS A TASTE OF OUR EXQUISITE BOTTLED WINE!? OR DO YOU HAVE A TASTE FOR AN AGED SCOTCH!? NAH, I'M JUST F ҉   ҉ KING WITH YA, WE GOT SOME TASTY A ҉   ҉  DRINKS THOUGH! WHO KNEW SOMETHING SO COLORFUL COULD BE SO F ҉   ҉ KING AWESOME!"

A sigh escaped Malina's lips as she lowered her head slightly. "I'll just have a-"

"-STOP! I KNOW YOU! YOU WERE IN THE VYTAL TOURNY A FEW MONTHS BACK! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO GOT THEIR S ҉   ҉ T KICKED IN BY SOME GREEN HAIRED KID!"

Her eyes darted around her at the people who seemed to not be phased at all by Vulco's yelling as she brought her wallet out of her purse. Definitely the twilight zone."I- He- Okay, yeah, that's not really important I just want something to drink please."

"OHHHH NO YOU DON'T! YOUR DRINK'S ON THE HOUSE! AND SO IS EVERYONE ELSE'S!"

"Can you do that?"

"DOESN'T MATTER IF I CAN- I AM." And with that, the man slammed down a tall, blue drink with a small umbrella and a rim of salt. And awkward "thank you" was all Malina got out before the man sped off to the next customer.

Malina quietly lowered her eyes to the bar top and began sipping her, apparently very sweet, drink.

(Feel free to use Vulco as you want but he doesn't swear and you can never. ever. EVER describe what he looks like.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Kellenredx

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Does a lot of things and is bad at all of them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Scurvy Cornerstone [Open]
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »
Zwei stared at the bar in front of him. It was an odd feeling, he had never been there in his life, and why would he? Even Zwei had standards and the Scurvy Cornerstone certainly didn't meet them. The building still emanated a strange familiarity that he couldn't place a finger on, as if he had been there before. He shrugged, if the online reviews were anything to go by, both the drinks and the bartender were both of "Unforgettable Personality" as one anonymous poster said.
Zwei had gone to the trouble of getting nice and dressed up for the occasion of going to a bar alone and drinking as much as his starved wallet would allow him, maybe he might even get some decent conversation in, meet new people! He flipped the collar to his vibrant Hawaiian-pattern shirt up to give himself that 'bad boy' look, paired with his newly refurbished mask and beige cargo shorts, he was ready to have a good time.

As Zwei entered the bar, he noticed but didn't seem to care much for the strangely varied clientele, in fact his quite impressive clothing almost made him blend in more than stand out. He forced his way past a group of rough-looking bikers who only gave an annoyed grunt before returning to their conversation. With a sigh, the youth sat at the bar beside Malina and gave her a short nod as he watched Vulco with mixed emotions, mostly awe.
Zwei Carter "You wanted me back, so I'm back!"
Zwei had his name a year before the dog existed in the show by the way.

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »
Mythos was dtill somewhat to Vale, she had met her team, got to go to Beacon. Yet she didn't really have the chance to explore Vale, sure she did buy herself some clothes as to not wear the same outfit constantly but, it did leave a lingering curiosity about the city. She mostly went to the same district of the town that she was knew and never thought about it much. Until she had the sudden urge to explore the town.

This was actually why she currently sat on her bike. Her helmet visor flipped up and dressed in her motorcycle gear, this wasn't the first bar she had passed tonight and she gave it a thought about entering. She decided against it and turned the engine back on. She was about to go cruising before her eyes spotted the metal scorpion tail, she remembered seeing that a few times around the campus and gave it a second thought.

With her decision mostly made up she turned off the engine and took out the keys. Lifting up the seat to reveal the storage which contained her weapons, taking out her 4 revolvers and placing her black helmet inside. Giving a small nod to herself to make sure nothing would move, she closed it up and locked it.

As she walked in she placed the four revolvers in each of there designated positiosn. The lack of security at the entrance did make her move her right hand towards one of the revolvers on the back of her belt, she opened the door with her left hand and was assualted by the lights. She took her hand away from her revolver and used it to block some of the lights and allow her eyes time to adjust. With her eyes adjusted she took a good look aound, all different types of people with all different types of outfits. Needless to say she probably would of been welcomed by the bikers but, deciding on going to the bar instead. She made her way past them and ine of them grunted as she had to slightly force her way past. He looked at her, thrn at the guns and decided that it wasn't worth dealing with what looked like a huntress, despite the age gap.

She sat down next to the metal-tailed girl but that really wasn't her primary concern. Mythos barely had a moment to think about the drinks before a large portion of the drinks was blocked off by the bartender.

"PLEASENT NIGHT WERE HAVING LASSIE, DRINKS ARE ON THE HOUSE! SO DO FEEL FREE TO TAKE A PICK AND DON'T BE SHY!

Mythos was taken back slightly, she wasn't really use to people being outspoken and this was a very new experience for her. "I guess I'll go for a... Pina Colada. Yeah that'll do."

COMING RIGHT UP! Vulco went to work quickly and came back with the yellow and green  brightly coloured drink. He placed a purple umbrella on the side, letting it rest against the rim.

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING JUST THROW UP YOUR HAND! Just like that he went off to serve the next customer. Mythos looked at herbdrink for an odd momrnt and started stirring the drink, letting the colours stir a bit before taking a drink for herself. What really got her was how sweet it was. Not that she minded but, it may have been a bit much for her.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:11:57 PM by EdgeyReyes »

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »
As Vulco stepped away from the new girl who had sat down, his gaze returned to the masked boy seated on the other side of the girl with the metal tail. His eyes, or at least where one would assume his eyes would be through the shadow, narrowed. "DON'T THINK I DON'T REMEMBER YOU." He said, with his voice lowering to a low growl. As low as one could get while constantly screaming at least. "YOU WERE IN THAT MATCH WITH THE VACUAN BOY WITH THE GAUNTLETS. ZABAR..." He let out a boisterous chuckle as he lowered down and began to grab something below the bar top. "TO THINK WE WOULD HAVE TWO COMBATANTS IN HERE LET ALONE AT THE SAME TIME... SHE HAD A FREE DRINK, BUT YOU. YOU! I HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOUR MANLY PERFORMANCE!"

In a swift motion he pulls a giant pitcher out from underneath and slams it down onto the bar top. The enormous glass could hold at least a gallon a liquid and without hesitation, Vulco pilled it to the brim with a pale blue liquid. "A DRINK FIT FOR A CHAMPION LIKE YOU! DRINK UP AND ENJOY!" And with that, he once again disappeared to tend to some other customer in some other part of the bar.

Next to Zwei, Malina inched away in her seat.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:35:19 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Kellenredx

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    Does a lot of things and is bad at all of them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:04 PM »
The familiar yelling that had filled his ears during the tournament gave Zwei a hint of nostalgia, despite never seeing Vulco's face (And still not seeing it) he knew exactly who's screaming it was. Though being truthful, he did feel a little intimidated as the man growled, but his fear quickly subsided as the man laughed in front of him. Soon Zwei was joining in his laugh, if only for a moment. He even puffed his chest with pride as his fight with Zabar was called 'manly' and held it as a massive drink was poured for him.

The giant pitcher in front of Zwei baffled him, though the masked boy had no idea what exactly was in front of him, it was quite obviously expensive. He grinned and called back a quick "Thanks!" Down to  Vulco as he sped down the bar.

Pulling a wrapped metal straw from his pocket, Zwei dipped it into the pitcher, holding it so it didn't fall in as he took a few sips of the drink he has been given and he found it quite delicious, it made being beaten in front of thousands of eyes by a cowboy worth it. With that Zwei turned his attention to Malina, he was obviously wanting some form of conversation with his drink. "So, I take it you fought too, eh? How'd ya do?"
Zwei Carter "You wanted me back, so I'm back!"
Zwei had his name a year before the dog existed in the show by the way.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:38:01 PM »
where the hell am I? [/b] Was the thought going through Gray's head as he found himself of the entryway to the scurvy cornerstone. He had been wandering the city earlier and somehow managed to get himself completely lost again. I really need to learn how to use maps on my scroll. [/b]  Looking up at the shithole in front of him Gray was about to move on when he heard an awful lot of yelling coming from inside. It sounded surprisingly friendly so Gray decided he may as well try and get some directions. As he walked in he immediately had to raise a hand to shield his eyes from the lighting. He stood stark still for a moment while his eyes adjusted. Once they had and he scanned the bar he was quite thankful to see that there were several obvious Beacon students sitting together and Gray breathed a sigh of relief. Now i just have to hope they are friendly. And also don't know about that whole shit show with Orabel. Oh god I'm fucked. /b] Even woth this terrified mentality Gray still strode over. Wincing as he moved through the bikers and bumped one with his injured shoulder. Eventually he made it to the group and took a seat to their left.

Meanwhile in a corner of the Bar. Alizarin Rust was dressed in civilian clothing and having a lovely chat with his client. Having just finished a job and not even being seen he had to admit he was in high spirits.they were raosed even higher when he suddenly heard the bartender shouting about free drinks. He looked over to the bar to oblige and saw 3 obvious hunters in training. Oh crap. What the hell are they doing here. "Well this has been nice but I think  I should be off now. You have my contact details if you want to seek my services again." As he spoke he gestured to the Beacon students and hastily got to his feet while pulling down hia goggles and tying his scarf around his face.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:01:29 AM by arcus_gray »
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 12:07:41 AM »
Waiting for the night markets to open Calen had taken to the streets walking randomly in search for entertainment and he found it at The Scurvy Potato and/or Cornerstone. Drawn in by the variety of cars out front, plenty of 'hog' motorbikes dispersed with designer sport cars and even a family mini-van . Anything that can attract this variety of people must be worth check out Calen thought to himself as straightened his tie and smoothed over his suit in preparation to go inside..

Upon entering Calen didn't head straight for the bar and instead walked slowly around the room for a few minutes watching the going ons inside. People coming and going, several Beacon students were here intermingling with each other and the other people present. Calen himself made some small talk with three rather large business men discussing the days trade all cradling some rather ridiculous drinks, several tiers of colour combined with silly straws and salt rims around the glass itself. In fact everyone seemed to be drinking cocktails, full of colour and life, and the bar didn't seem to have any of the classic bar taps or fridge stocked with some mass produced lager.

The bartender was doing roaring trade still, going to new customer to new customer with some small talk and praise for the hunters in training at the bar. Seeing an opening Calen stepped in and had just opened his mouth to order before the bartender's voice boomed.
'NOW WHAT WILL YER HAVE THEN LADDY.' Calen almost flinched at the noise, earsplitting even over the surrounding noise of a bar with free drinks. Before replying Calen took a moment to compose himself as it would take all his will to keep a straight face. 'I'll have two Sex on the Beaches please sir, thank you.'
'WON'T BE A MINUTE LAD, IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE JUST SAY MY NAME, VULCO, AND I SHALL APPEAR.' Despite the bartender's voice being as loud as ever Calen couldn't help but smile at the silliness of it all. Maybe I'll spend a bit more time here after all, I can always get to the markets next week. Calen turned leaning with his back to the counter and smiling as he continued to survey the room as he waited for his drinks to arrive.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 04:14:40 AM »
Slowly Mythos was beginning to enjoy the drink, it was sweet still but,it was more manageable for her taste. She eyed the large drink as Vulco placed the oversized drink in front, needless to say  she wondered if he even stood a chance at drinking all of it.

Mythos glanced around the bar and behind her, she saw Rust but paid no mind, going back towards her drink and glancing over at the overly sized drink every now and then.

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student