Author Topic: War of Secrets [ASPN]  (Read 23553 times)

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
Re: War of Secrets [ASPN]
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 04:33:36 PM »
"Not like you can stop me anyway." Of course Sherwood knew this; Persimmon was just saying it out of formality at this point. Just like Sherwood was only giving instructions out of formality.

Persimmon actually hadn't thought of tailing anyone. Maybe that could be a good idea. Maybe he should do that. And this is why you never wanna put ideas in his head.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »
"I'd say me tailing people would be a bit too risky. Y'know, I might stick out. Would you be opposed to snooping, Persimmon? I think it suits you, with that whole cloak and dagger thing you have. Well, cloak and pistol, now."

Argent asks, knowing how much he would stick out if he were to be the one snooping about, especially with his massive, hard..tusks.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »
"I can stay with tusk boy. Percy can do all the snooping."Noctis says still idely acting as if he was doing something important on his scroll.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »
Persimmon nodded agreement, secretly grateful of his newly assigned role. He pulled his hood up and planned to keep it there for most of the remainder of the mission.

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »
"Alright then. Probably don't want to head into town together either. No need to give away we're ah team." Sherwood says. "When we get there we'll space ourselves out. Ah'll send you where the room is when ah can so we can meet up." he says, tapping the pocket his scroll is resting in.
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »
With the team deciding each others roles and splitting up, Noctis and Argent found what was obviously the village they were looking for. The road lead along the sea on the left side and a huge rock wall that surrounded the rest of the village on the right of the road. One ordinary sized wooden house came within immediate view with the rest of the structures immediately behind it. An expanding farm could be seen on the far side with a particularly Long middle house was seen in the center, surrounded by smaller versions of the same building which looked to be either ordinary shops or homes. As Notcis and Argent approached the village a scraggy broken voice sounded from the only home within their sight. "Ah Hello travelers! Welcome to our little village my name is Antra Sataya, so glad to have you with us!Please rest with us, would you like some refreshments? Some food perhaps? Are you in need of any supplies? I can happily share with you anything you'll need"

Waiting for Argent and Noctis to get out of sight Sherwood stayed behind without being obviously visible to any wandering eyes, hiding behind a boulder for some time he wondered if it was about a good time to go when he heard a feminine voice bark out at him "Hey you! what're you doing out here!"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:50:12 PM by Ordelis »
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
Sherwood fought the urge to jump at the unexpected voice. Keeping relaxed against the boulder, he gives a small wave in the direction of his guest.

"Ah'm enjoying the woods, as they are. No better perk to ah border town than the tranquility away from the city." He says. Nothing he said was a lie and that helps him to relax again, seeming as natural as anyone.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 02:49:17 PM »
Persimmon's first approach on the village was a simple sweep about the major areas of town, mapping the village in his mind as he moved with the flow of the people. He made a point of doing this early so as to have a basic layout of the village in mind before his allies entered. With that done, he confirmed the status of the rest of his team. Along the outskirts of town, he saw Argent and Noctis- unmistakable for their distinct attire- speaking with one of the village people. Sherwood was... nowhere to be seen. That was fine; he wasn't meant to enter the village yet anyway. He would likely show up soon.

Preliminary business out of the way, Persimmon set about his snooping. Even if nothing stood out now, he knew that the slightest thing out of place would lead to a rabbit hole of discoveries. Breaking from common foot traffic, Persimmon stepped aside, put his hood up, and started looking for that thing.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 10:30:42 PM »
Noctis jumped slightly- seeing as this woman popped out of nowhere, at the sudden voice making him nearly drop his scroll on the floor. He fumbled for a bit until the device laid flat in his hand.  He really didn't know what to say, but like hell was he going to let Argent see that. Noctis didn't like lying, however, he needed information. For now, he'd turn the other cheek. 

The scroll was now tucked away in his sweater's pocket. He looked at the villager with the best fake smile he could muster. Argent was possibly going to kill him for what he was planning to do. Noctis linked his arm with Argent's and his head resting against the taller's shoulder.

"Food would be perfect. We have been traveling for quite some time," Noctis paused. "Isn't that right babe?"

Noctis gave the Faunus a look that meant "play along".

Typically people don't raise suspicion on couples, Noctis knew this as a fact. If anything, people found them extremely annoying. Especially the ones that flaunt around PDA like its candy. That's what Noctis was basing his whole plan on. Now if a certain someone would just play the part it would be perfect.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
"Uhm..yeah.." What was Noctis doing? Well, whatever it was, Argent thought it best to play along. "All that walking and it's not even leg day! Seriously, though, food would be great. It get's pretty tiring out there." Argent smiled genuinely. He was hungry, after all.

Now that Argent was here, he felt unsettled; like there was something off about this whole ordeal. His mind started racing; thoughts about Regat Grane's location, why the village hated Huntsmen, the lack of natural defence..Argent felt as if he had to reach for his weapon, but before he could, he remembered that he didn't have it on him. Argent wasn't too quick on trusting humans that much already, but this place was giving him the creeps.

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »
Antra Sataya, a withering old man with sprouts of hair hair on his head, and a heavily wrinkled face. He walks with a cane, slightly hunched over, and is wearing a set of pure white robes. "A traveling couple how wonderful! Please do come in! Rest your tired feet, I do so love the feeling of sitting down on a couch after a good long walk myself" As Antra excitedly waved Argent and Noctis inside his home. The first room inside was an ordinary living room with a sofa making an L against the wall with a table in between, a bookcase half filled up with a family photo sitting on top immediately to the left of the door, and an empty fireplace across the table.A staircase lead upstairs off to the right and a doorway off to the left lead to what looked like a kitchen.
"Please make yourselves at home while I bring some snacks!" Antra said as he scurried towards the left doorway and rustling noises could he heard from the back

"*GASP Your from the city? ooh what's it like? I've never been to any of the big kingdoms! Oh hey you should probably head in the village its not safe out here alone there could always be grim...err grim things! Erruhh yeah!...grim scary bandits! I hear there's a wild tribe in the area!" The strange girl said with an unconvincing smile. She had short light teal colored hair with an ordinary white shirt, a sleeveless jacket, and a pair of knee high jeans. She was also heavily bandaged, nearly every inch of her was medically treated in some way. 

Persimmon had observed the majority of the village, while nothing was obviously suspicious, some things were of worth noting. He had found a pitch black cave to the very back of the village that had a "keep out, Grimm" sign outside, The biggest house in the village which appeared to be whoever was in charge of this place, and or some reason nearly everyone in the village was wearing white.
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 08:35:19 PM »
Sherwood looks over the girl with a discerning eye. "Ah think you should sit down. You don't look so good." he says with an easy smile. He pats the soft grass next to him.

"You don't have to worry ahbout Grimm or nothing either. Ah'm a game hunter, have been since Ah've been a boy. Ah know the signs when trouble approaches in ah forest." he says, looking out over the woods.

"Ah'll keep an eye out for trouble, so why don't you sit and rest ah bit? Ah'll tell you what ah know about the big city." he says with confidence. All game hunters do need to know what to listen for when dangerous things prowl the woods. There isn't always a Huntsman to keep a hunter safe out there. A hunter has to avoid Grimm and bandits alike by paying attention to the small animals and patterns in the woods lest they're attacked. Sherwood smiles, thinking about how he's done these things for most his life and with that experience comes confidence. No creature of Grimm can sneak up on him in the woods, no sir.

Coming out of the forest of his thoughts, he looks over at his guest again. Thinking about what could have harmed this girl threatens to bring a cloudy expression to bear, but instead he smiles lightly, hiding his worries. She looks like she's been through an ordeal and a half. He gestures for her to sit on the soft grass beside him.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 09:04:26 PM »
As much as he loved to live in defiance of the rules, Persimmon had no interest in disobeying the "keep out" sign. Something about being potentially mauled by Grimm, unarmed and alone, in pursuit of lord-knows-what didn't really appeal to him. Still, the sign brought an interesting dilemma to the town: How did they stay safe? Danger, or at least the perception of danger, loomed at their borders at all times, literally signposted to them. Ironically, the fear of that danger should have been the perfect bait for that danger to come, as the Grimm would be drawn from the cave based on their fear and negative emotions. There existed two obvious explanations: Something existed in this town to keep the Grimm at bay, or that cave was not what it seemed.

Persimmon started to get excited. If his first theory was right, he could become world famous for revealing the secret anti-Grimm defense system. If his second was right, then a super-smooth exfiltration mission was on its way shortly. The icing on the cake? Whatever secrets this town held were probably documented somewhere, and Persimmon thought he knew where. He stood casually around the back of the largest house in town, mischievous smile from ear to ear; it was break-in time.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 12:30:50 AM »
Noctis looked up at Argent with confusion plaguing his face. What kind of man just openly invites two strangers into his home? He knows that the people here were modest, but this was ludicrous. Still, he knew if he said something there was a chance of ruining the whole plan. He kept up the act hoping that the man would continue to believe them. Walking into Antra’s home remained Noctis of his own home back in Mistral. This is not the time to be getting home sick Noctis told himself. All around the home looked like an average everyday place. It still didn’t settle well with Noctis.

“Oh, thank you very much for your hospitality sir,” Noctis tells him with a smiled. For the sake of their façade, Noctis kept Argent's hand in his.

Trying not to look awkward Noctis sat down on the couch dragging his teammate with him. He made sure his long thigh length coat covered the weapons he was carrying. As soon as the man was gone Noctis turned to look at Argent.

“This is suspicious, right? Why would someone who works on a farm wear white?” Noctis tells him in a whisper. “If he asks us why the hell we are even here just…make something up. I hope we don’t have to stay here for too long.”

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »
"Me neither. This place gives me the creeps. And the white robes..? I don't know, maybe he's a priest or something." Argent speculates in a hushed tone. Argent tried to relax as he sat on the sofa, but it just wasn't happening. As Argent looked toward the direction Antra went he subconsciously squeezed his partner's hand.