Author Topic: The Hunter Of Lenshin (Closed)  (Read 3748 times)

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
The Hunter Of Lenshin (Closed)
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:31:46 PM »
As the bullhead crests above the treeline, the town of Lenshin comes into view. Surrounded by a stout stone wall, and the farmland beyond, the several hundred residents were going about their day- it already being mid afternoon. The mission was simple- take out the Grimm near the village, over the course of a few days, and then request the bullhead back.

The actual town, a mixture of German and Latin architecture, was a roughly circular form with a bell tower in the center- currently accompanying your arrival with three booming rings.

Down below, where the bullhead is scheduled to land, stands a pair of people; one, a horned faunus in a pinstripe suit, and- the other- a human in similar finery. They both watched as your bullhead came in, expressions unreadable.
"When life gives you lemons, make a time machine." ~Draco Murdock

Characters:
Draíochta Anam - https://rwbyfanon.com/index.php?topic=1516.0

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: The Hunter Of Lenshin (Closed)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 07:41:26 PM »
As the bullhead approached its landing point, Aurelia made last minute checks of her gear.  She didn't really carry much, only her sword had any significant amount of moving parts, and it was nearly always in fantastic condition.  It's purely out of habit that she bothers to check it all.

Looking around the bullhead, she studies her colleagues for the mission. Interestingly, they're all faunus like her.  At the very least, racial discrimination shouldn't be too much of a worry.  She was surprised to see Chantou had been selected for this mission.  Not because Aurelia suspected the mantis faunus lacked talent, mind you, simply that it's unusual for a first year to accompany third years on missions.  Well, it's no matter.  If Beacon believed she would be suitable for the mission, who is she to object.  Aurelia knows better than to judge a person based off one encounter.

Speaking of first impressions, she takes a moment to observe her comrades' gear to see if she can glean any details into how they fight.  She's never worked with any of them before, so being able to quickly adapt will be key to success.  The male student carries the most obvious weapon, a massive sword.  It would probably be easy to determine his favored role in a fight.  The other women, though, are more difficult to tell at a glance.  Chantou seems to prefer short swords, judging from the sheathes, but small weapons can easily hide transformations, and often aren't indicative of a true fighting style.  The other woman, on the other hand, seems to be carrying a variety of equipment, with a skateboard acting as the most eye-catching object.  An unusual choice, to be sure, but there's not much she can glean from just a casual glance.

It's at this point Aurelia realizes she hasn't actually learned their names, despite being on a bullhead together for some time.  That should be rectified immediately, definitely before landing if possible.

Clearing her throat to gather attention, She begins, "Seeing as we'll be working together for the foreseeable future, it would probably be best if we learned each other's names at the very least.  I am Aurelia Lumen, Beacon third year.  I have already made an acquaintance in Miss Chantou, but it is a pleasure to meet the two of you, as well."
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 12:55:43 PM »
Dawn had since the Bullhead started barely looked up from her scroll. She carefully tapped around on the small device, and if she hadn't switched off the sound beforehand, the sounds of various guns, grenades, and dull beats would have echoed through the room. A quiet sigh escaped her as the screen flickered briefly and shortly afterward the words "P327's cube destroyed, Zeiis wins" appeared over the screen. It was a tower defense game, with the difference that one needs to defend their own cube and destroy the enemies at the same time. This can then be expanded with ways to attack and defend. How many workers do you send where? What equipment do they have? Where do you place watchtowers? From which side are you attacking? And with how many people? Yes, all this makes for a good game, which could spend a lot of time, if it weren't for the much too low AI of the opponents. Even the Difficult and Expert classified opponents were relatively easy to beat.

The next round started and Dawn set up her troops. The game would certainly be more interesting once it was made public. What she had in her hand was the beta version, whose unlock code was only given to a few selected People. As the next round started and Dawn's soldiers began to make their way to the enemy city, she looked up.

They were in the Bullhead for some time now, but Dawn restrained, for certain reasons, from having a conversation. Until this point. After the horse Faunus introduced herself, she stepped forward.
"My name is Dawn Mae, second year. I am very pleased to make your acquaintance, and I hope for good cooperation on this mission of ours." she said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. During this little 'introduction' she inspects each of her colleagues again.

First, there was Aurelia, the armor-clad woman who started the conversation. She looked very polite at first glance and seemed very cooperative, which was reflected in her voice, but Dawn also noticed the stable tone within it. A strong personality who seemed to know what she wanted. Apart from that, there was still her weapon. The weapon was mostly hidden in the sheath on the belt, but it was definitely a kind of sword.

Next came the Mantis Faunus. Aurelia had already mentioned her name, Chantou. She hadn't spoken yet, but her appearance was already revealing some information. For one there were the Faunus features. On the other hand, there were the sunglasses whose meaning could go in two directions, the more likely of which, however, was the simple reason: showing off.

Last, there was the Nameless young Man. The only male person on board. He hadn't said a word yet, but the other features here spoke for him too. First, there was the giant sword, whose dragon head decorated handle protrudes from the sheath on his back. Definitely a somewhat stormier person, but she shouldn't judge him by the weapon.

Meanwhile, Dawn had already turned her head back to her scroll, where the last soldiers just destroyed the cube of the opposing city. The text popped open and the round was won. Again.
She turned off her scroll and stowed it in her thigh-bag. Then she looked up again and at the two remaining Faunus who have not spoken yet.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
Carmine has been asleep the entire trip, not as a defense mechanism against fear of flying, or even as a way to pass the time. He entirely forgot the night before he had an essay due and he needed to have it done by the morning, so he stayed up until 5am writing an essay on a caffeine fueled and anger enduced writing experience. Yet to his delight and dismay the actual final paper was needed to be done next week. However, that still did not elevate his still present problem, sleep deprivation.

He faked his very real lack of sleep with caffeine and makeup, yet he is now taking sleep where he can get it. He sat down and almost immediately passed out when they took off. His body slumped into a out spread position with his head slung to his side as he began drooling on his shoulder. His body didn't move and his chest didn't even rise or fall far, giving him an almost death like look, and he even looked dead, other than the occasional snore that was let out from him. His exhaustion, however, did not make him sloppy as his Claymore is under his seat and his hand guns are unloaded and in his holsters underneath his claymore.

Now as he sleeps he always has to keep his foot on his claymore to keep the guns and sword from ever sliding. As when he feels the change in altitude his body lightens his sleep to the point where the moment he hears someone talk, he awoke almost immediately and looked towards the person with a, "Oh damn, how long have we been riding?"

As he feels a headache come on and slam him straight into him like a freight train, he doesn't show his pain, as he sits up and clean himself off. He begins to wipe away the saliva and sweat as he readjust himself, by popping his neck and back, slapping himself awake, and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, taking off the make up to reveal slight darkness under his eyes.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 10:09:02 PM »
In the far back corner of the bullhead sat the third member of the party, the mantis faunus that Aurelia had mentioned was leaning against the wall. At the acknowledgement of her name, Chantou gave a simple nod confirmation - no point in introducing yourself, when someone does it for you.

The chance like this to test your skills didn’t come often, especially to first years like Chantou. The chance to fight alongside high-level students during an advanced mission wasn’t something you just passed up - especially given her team’s recent inactivity. To put it simply, Chantou was itching for this mission - even if her calm exterior didn’t show it.

Plus, maybe if she lucked out, she’d discover her semblance in the process.

Regardless of why she took the job, the rest of the her party seemed interesting. Aurelia was there, already having encountered the horse faunus once - it might’ve been a casual occasion, but it was obvious she was definitely more than capable. There was that weird panther faunus who alternated between staring her phone and then at the rest of the makeshift team for a few minutes, then went back to her scroll. And there was the dude with the gigantic-ass sword, which  - well, really spoke for itself. If there was any saving grace about their ragtag group, it was the fact they were all faunus - no worries about racial discrimination here.

As the Bullhead pulled overhead, Chantou leaned towards the window, eyes locking onto their apparent welcoming party. A faunus with horns, and some random human - wearing matching pinstripe suits, which is kinda weird. ” Yo y’all, we got tweedledee and tweedledum waitin’ for us.”
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 10:54:38 PM »
Draíochta was more than a little intrigued by the bullhead as it came in. It was rare for a village this far out to actually get one- particularly one which bore the tell-tale signs of Beacon. The insignia on the side was a giveaway on its own, though the man beside him had brought it up as well while they were coming in. 'Students, huh?' he thought, watching it land in a clearing and the doors to open. 'I wonder what they're doing here.'

Probably nothing major, seeing as the man beside him never brought up a mission. Still, it would be nice to examine their weapons, if nothing else. He still hadn't replaced his, and a few ideas might spark a little motivation in him.

As they stepped off, Draíochta nodded to each of them, taking in their both how they looked and how they moved. There was a lot you could tell about someone from how they carried themselves, and- for the most part, anyway- they seemed relaxed.

For a mission, anyway. Still, it confirmed the idea that they were here for something light.

Curiously, they appeared to be different ages. It was kind of hard to tell, given that the academies brought in students seventeen to twenty-one, but the slight differences in the speed with which they walked also implied the nature of a stitched team- young if not new. Just as obvious, though a little less surprising given the relatively open-minded reputation of Vale, was that all four of them were faunus. A smile formed on his face when he noticed.

"Hello," Draíochta greeted, before surrendering the conversation easily enough to the mayor. He was the one that was supposed to be here, after all.

"Children-" he began, spreading his arms in a welcoming gesture. "I hope your flight was without issue. I am Daburu, the mayor of Lenshin, and I thank you for your help on behalf of our citizens." He looked between them, and- like Draíochta- he spared a glance to each of their weapons. "Accommodations for have been arranged near the belltower, though I'm afraid we only expected one or two. We'll have to arrange a meal for you in the hours to come. However, the Grimm are more active at night- and, if I'm seeing this right, none of you should have a problem hunting them then."

Characters:

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 01:06:18 AM »
Aurelia gives a polite nod to Dawn as she introduces herself, while making a mental note not to confuse her with the shield on her back.  Perhaps it would’ve made for an interesting conversation point under different circumstances, but now is neither the time nor place for such pleasantries.  This is a mission, after all.   

Turning to the young man who had just woken from his slumber, she takes a bit more of a stern tone when she says, ”Welcome back to the living.  We’ve just arrived in Lenshin, and the townsfolk have been waiting long enough.  Hurry and prepare your gear, we’re disembarking.” 

With that said, Aurelia stands up from her seat and steps off the loading ramp.  As she steps out into the mid-afternoon sun, her polished silver armor glitters in the light.  Between that and her constant, picturesque posture, she could easily be mistaken for a knight straight out of fairy tales.  In fact, that is the exact impression the horse faunus wishes to impart.  Huntsmen and Huntresses should serve as fonts of hope, and what better inspiration for the public than a shining hero? 

Which is why her ego takes a bit of a hit when the mayor initially addresses the group as “children.”  For crying out loud, she’s twenty, she can’t even be considered a teenager anymore.  Still, while her internal dialogue might be mildly miffed at the sleight, her countenance betrays no such emotion as she receives Mayor Daburu’s greeting.

In listening to it, though, she finds a few things odd.  Well, in conflict with protocol, to be more accurate.  Generally speaking, a mission begins as soon as boots hit the ground, so to speak, with a general exception made for nighttime arrivals.  So, when the mayor seems to imply he wants the group to begin their mission at night, Aurelia attempts to diplomatically explain the flaws in his logic.

”A pleasure to meet you, Mayor Daburu, and you and your town have our sincere gratitude for your accommodations.    However,” Aurelia checks her scroll and looks to the sun, trying to gauge how much light remains in the day. ”I’m afraid we might have to decline your generosity.  While faunus, indeed, have better perception in the dark, Grimm would still prove difficult to spot in the dead of night, even for us.  It’s best if we leave now while we still have plenty of light to work with. We could make decent headway into our mission and find a secure area to camp for the night.”   
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 06:10:59 AM »
Dawn threw her proviant-filled backpack over her shoulder as the Bullhead landed. It was very light in spite of all the stuff in there and now hung limply over her right shoulder while she clamped her skateboard under her left arm.

Once outside, she took in the fresh air. She bowed her head to the two men in suit and listened attentively.
"I have to agree my colleague," she said, bowing her head to Aurelia "It would be wise to start in the daylight and stay in the territory of the Grimm for the night. According to our information, we are supposed to deal with the overpopulation of Grimm, is that correct? Therefore, I would like to have a few more information about them. Anything you left out when writing the mission request? What kind are they? How bad is the overpopulation? Where exactly does they usually stay?" She asked precisely. The missions description was raw on information, so any info helped.

Dawn silently looked over her shoulder at the rest of the team to see if they had anything left to say and then turned back to the two suit-bearers.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:01:50 AM by DEXES »

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 10:49:10 AM »
Carmine begins to stand as he begins to say, "You got it sunshine". Carmine then bringing everything from under his foot out and in front of him as he begins to equip his gear. He slings his Claymore over his shoulder and mounts it on his back, and places his thumbs through the trigger gaurd and trigger as he spins them and places them in his body holsters. Carmine steps out and looks throughout the town and takes in the views, however, he was immediately placing attention on the two people in front of him. Carmine sighs as he looks towards the mayor and responds to his question with, "Yeah, slept like a baby.".

As Carmine continues to listen, looks at his team, faunus only. Wasn't bad, would actually be good with senses by that nature yet as the mayor talked about hunting at night, Carmine was quick to respond with, "No, that's dangerous for us, especially with first year students making this one of their first sorties".

As his teammates continued he agreed, and stayed back just inspecting the Mayor and, his lacky?, who knows might be his assistant or maybe the main protector here, who knows. He looks back at his team, seeing they have the situation under control as he takes his claymore and plants it in the ground to lean on it.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 09:35:32 PM »
So, I'm just gonna skip Moth. He had plenty of time, and there is going to be minimal for him to actually do here. I would like to split you up during the search and destroy itself- into pairs, specifically, as it should help speed the whole process up.

~~~~~

"Ah... Right..." Daburu cleared his throat, and took a brief moment to straighten his tie. "Very well. There are around three hours until sunset- at least join me for dinner then."

Draíochta stepped forward then, meeting the eyes of each of them. "If you encounter any particularly dangerous Grimm, make your way closer to town and signal me somehow. I'm not here on a mission at the moment, so I might as well help you out."

If there were no further responses necessary, the both would return to the town at this time.

Characters:

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 12:44:17 AM »
Carmine would get a cocked eyebrow at the comment about first years from Chantou, being the last of the little group off of the Bullhead as she lets Aurelia and Dawn do the talking. She simply nods in agreement to their point, but behind her calm visage her thoughts are churning - why the hell would he want the students to join them for dinner? If a town’s got a Grimm problem, it’s usually better not to waste time on the pleasantries of socialization - every moment could mean lives are lost. “Dunno if you caught the memo here Mayor, but dinner ain’t really an option. We’re here to save lives, not to enjoy the local cuisine. If ya’ really wanna help us, any food to go for camp tonight would be useful - but otherwise, we should be on our way as soon as possible.”

Making a mental note to keep an eye on Dabaru, her gaze switches to Drachotia as he takes the opportunity to introduce himself. Backup from a hunter is welcome, especially if things get too difficult - but given their wide variety of talents here, they should probably be okay.

Dude, I’ve got stuff like university or shopping for groceries most of the time. I’m sorry I didn’t respond sooner, but at least ask me before skipping me next time, okay?
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 02:02:51 AM »
By the time you were able to answer my question- whether or not you could reply- it would be mute. Any time spent answering my question would be enough time to do the reply. I realize you're busy- I'm busy too- but you were not skipped out of malice. I apologize if I offended you.

~~~~~

"I really must insist- we like to celebrate huntsman here, and we actually have something of a festival going on tonight." He sighed, his shoulders drooping as he looked to Carmine. "I can't stop you- and you're still completely free until then- but this mission will surely take multiple days. At least come in tonight, if only tonight."

Characters:

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »
They’re holding a festival?  When they’re dealing with increased Grimm activity?  Aurelia’s starting to think this is no simple misunderstanding of protocol.  Something isn’t right.  Or, perhaps better fitting, something isn't wrong.  Ever since she first saw the town through the bullhead window, things have been abnormally normal.  Citizens casually going about their day, a mayor insistent on dining together, and now some sort of celebration? 

Aurelia absent-mindedly strokes her chin in pensive thought.  Individually, these happenings could be dismissed as mere coincidences, but all three occurring at the same place under these circumstances?  This couldn’t even be dismissed as poor management, as settlements outside the kingdom only last if their people are prepared for the dangers.  This is simply too lackadaisical for a settlement that’s lasted this long.  At the very least, if they felt the need to call in huntsmen, there would at least be some provisional evacuation measures in place, wouldn’t there?

Maybe she’s paranoid.  Beacon assigned this mission to students because it was deemed simple enough, and they even sent a first year along.  If the townsfolk are this relaxed, it’s possible they’re just very confident in their success.  Besides, her suspicions are founded on normal day-to-day activity and overzealous generosity, there’s no real evidence to back them up.  Still, she can’t shake this uneasy feeling.

Lowering her hand as if to signal she’s done thinking, Aurelia responds, ”Perhaps…we can afford a few changes in plans.  We’ll still use the remaining daylight to survey our surroundings.  However, when night falls and if we’re not otherwise indisposed, I suppose we can afford to return to town for your festival.  Though, if we do so, we won’t be heading out again until morning.  Are you sure you’re alright with delaying our mission?   This is your town, after all.”  Aurelia chooses her words carefully, disguising her suspicious thoughts with thoughts of accommodation while also attempting to drop subtle hints to the rest of her group.  She’d like to get their thoughts on the matter in private, but they need to leave town without raising suspicion of their own first. 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Trevor Delihara

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »
How are you guys bolding your text? I can't seem to locate any commands for it.

~~~~~

The mayor laughed at that, a good chortle that was befitting a man of his girth. He gained control of himself enough to answer Aurelia, but a smile was still present on his lips. "There is no harm in delaying this mission- we did list it as being low priority. The Grimm are more active- true- but they're active a distance away. Our town will be fine- that's what festivals are for, after all. No negativity, no Grimm."

He straightened out his tie, as he cleared his throat. "Speaking of- the Grimm seem to collect near a valley to the north. Perhaps it's just too much effort to get out, without a reason, or some such. That would be the easiest place to start." He looked around at each of them. "Is that everything?"

Characters:

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »
Dawn raised an eyebrow. The reason felt a bit strange. A festival doesn't mean that there is no negativity. It is even very likely that it comes up. People just can't be upset on their own, they always have to share the pain with the world, and even if you don't directly enrage someone with it, you can still ruin someone's day. And at a festival with so many people, it would be too nice if everyone get along each other. But who was she to judge people she didn't know?

But there was more that bothered her. Even without negativity, wouldn't the Grimm be bound to find this place? Why wouldn't they attack? If there were as many as it was described, why hadn't they already ambushed the village? She should rather be glad that they didn't, but something felt weird. She decided not to ask any further. She would get more information soon enough. Then she looked at the rest of the Team.
"That's all from my side, do any of you have anything else, Otherwise, the sooner we can go, the better. "
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:18:07 AM by DEXES »