Author Topic: Sensory Shenanigans [Closed]  (Read 5980 times)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: Sensory Shenanigans [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 02:40:36 PM »
After waiting patiently for the faunus to feel like talking about it, Anna FINALLY took the time to move the hair out of her face, revealing a slightly worried frown above her closed eyes. "Oh, really? I'm sorry, I didn't know, I don't watch the Tourney... But, um, would you let me try and help a bit?" Realizing that she still hadn't given her name or anything, she changed gears. "I'm Anna, by the way, Anna Fall. My semblance allows me to see." Taking a deep breath to shake off any anxiety that could've been building up, she marched on.

"By arms, did you mean your chains?"
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 05:57:23 PM »
The fox faunus gave a slightly puzzled look at the very brief explanation of Anna's semblance, but gave a little hummed affirmative to being introduced. "Eh, it's part of the whole career and all that. Certainly can take a look, though no offense to you but it's more of the lack of appropriate reference that kind of makes it difficult to repair over knowing what's damaged. Took a bit apart, and the circuits are fu- uh. Messed up. Hurts a bit sometimes." She admitted at the end, letting the little titbit slip she hadn't been telling her team much. "And yeah. Had them so long it feels just. Weird to have them messing up like this."
Lynn Aubin, Module-003 'Reaper' of Quartz Industries

Peperian Emem, Legend of Beacon, The God. MEME

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2019, 06:28:39 PM »
"Mmm. Lack of references can indeed make things harder, but I'd still prefer to do all I can. If I can even make it hurt a bit less, it's worthwhile to me." Now that Anna thought about it, those chains were part of her, huh? Not just some simple prosthetics, judging by how she spoke of them.

Gently laying all of her things down near the wall to her right, Anna then got back up and faced back the Faunus, eyes slightly open - staring at nonexistent details on the floor. "Could you try and use them like you normally do?", she very nicely asked as her semblance revved into high gear.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 10:15:32 AM »
Samantha fidgeted a bit, but gave a little shrug and nodded. Wouldn't hurt to try at any rate, she supposed. A complicated series of mechanics and electronics started to come to life in her back as small pulses of aura acted almost like nerve impulses down the chains in combination with the electronic signals, all four slowly raising up into the air before starting slow motions back and forth.

One of them suddenly seemed to almost spark, and one of the chains hovering flinched slightly unlike the others. Taking a closer look, it appeared to be somewhat simple - it was just blunt physical damage to the inner workings of the place where the chains attached to the implant proper, with electronics unconnected and some odd bits of mechanics damaged. The issue was, none of it looked simple to fix, and more importantly it wasn't like the design of it would even be familiar to Samantha proper, given how she got the implant.

It looked like the aura running through the implant proper, rather than controlling the fine movements of the chains, was almost trying to fix it up slightly - but didn't seem to be having any success on such a large area of damage, especially with several patchwork repairs done in the past for the implant by Samantha surrounding the area. It would explain how the implant hadn't broken down before if it had some function of auto-repair, but this seemed to be beyond its capabilities to repair. More disturbingly, the use of it seemed to be slowly wearing away at the implant and the auto-repair almost damaging further parts of it ever so gradually - even not the fully mechanical parts of it. And Samantha hadn't mentioned anything like that beforehand.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »
Anna watched intently as the girl started moving and the chains slowly came to life. What was clear to Anna's Sight was that, firstly, the glow of Aura seemed different around the centre of the chain-donned back - sort of dimmer and paler. Alas, that was all she could see of the Aura.

The internal mechanics, however, were mind-boggling. She hadn't really concentrated on them last time she watched Sam go at it, but it was a complete and utter mess of muscles, nerves and small, stiff plates through which no blood flowed. Even if she couldn't see their inner workings, she could tell by the shapes that things seemed unrefined, almost hacked together in places. And even worse, the joint between the living and the lifeless seemed to be getting minutely worse with every passing second.

When the movements came to a halt, Anna stopped her semblance and spoke slowly, gently, intending to help over any thing else - choosing to leave out the degradation for now, as that would hopefully not matter in the long run. "Well, from what I saw, it's looking... odd. Things are a bit messed up as far as connections seem to go but your Aura's also acting weird around the spot." She paused, pensive on the matter of fixing the problems as permanently as possible. "Say, did you get some physical re-education for your chains after our got better? Sort of like how people who go through major physical traumas need to relearn motor skills."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »
"Ah, uh, from what I... understand of it, the aura's used to control it to some extent?" Samantha replied, though hesitant - she never had been exactly sure how the whole thing managed to work, especially feeling a little of what the chains touched. Something about the statement would seem just a little off from what Samantha said, but it was close enough - the movements seemed to time in with the little movements of aura through the chains.

She paused at the suggestion, then gave a little shrug. "I mean, this is about the closest I can get to it. And it's... it's hard to describe, but there's just a feeling in my gut that something's wrong with the implant itself?" She mused, voice getting quieter in almost embarrassment at the flimsy evidence. She just got the feeling from somewhere that it wasn't right, though she didn't really know how she was feeling it at all or if she was just being paranoid - it had already caused some minor arguments in the VCVS dorm when she'd accidentally dropped or hit something and then tried to divert questioning from her teammates. "But, uh- it's, it's not a bad suggestion, but it's what I'm trying now, yea." She continued, quick to assure the other student she appreciated the help.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 10:32:49 AM »
Anna smiled softly a upon hearing the girl's tone. She dutifully listened to every piece of information she had to say and, after thinking on it a bit more, formulated a response. "By re-education, I don't mean doing things like I've seen you do - those movements are, as far as I know, too demanding for normal physical readaption. Plus, if Aura's involved, it's not just physical - there's probably a mental component to it as well."

She walked closer, stopping about an arm's length from where she'd last seen her standing - and heard her speak from. "What I'd tell you to do is try and concentrate on your chains, or rather limbs, as I understand it, and slowly work on small movements. Try to not only flex it like you normally do your arm, but also think about flexing it. Just like how, when I think about raising my left index finger and focus on what muscle is needed to achieve that, I'm almost doing it out of sheer thought alongside distinctly being aware of and feeling those muscles. The goal here is that if the implant itself can' be physically fixed any further, the Aura will do what the implant no longer does. Slowly but surely, muscle memory will return, in a way."

She slightly raised her eyes, probably pointing at a clavicle by now, and gently asked "Is what I'm saying making sense? I know this is mostly pure conjecture, but..."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2019, 08:57:04 PM »
Samantha blinked a few times, before a little smile appeared on her face as she gave a small nod. "Nah, nah, you- uhm, you understand. It's what I've been trying to do! Knowing some specifics on it is useful. Thank you." She replied in a grateful tone, though her brow furrowed slightly again soon after.

"Really, though, it's just- it is somewhat odd. Like, for example-" She mused, drawing out Prismatic Performance again. Anna would see her aura quickly run through the weapon, and then the chain moving in a little pattern. "I hadn't thought about it, but I can manipulate the chains not connected to it fine. Like, uh- the ones on my hoodie, if I wanted to, really." She said, doing just that with a few of the loops. Unlike the chains, her aura seemed to act more normal around each, moving as she vaguely wanted it to - albeit without the same force as the chains on her back. Those seemed to have the aura run down it almost like through a channel, or forced somewhat; taking a closer look at the movements, it seemed almost unnatural and possibly slightly invasive in the way they reacted to her aura running through. Unlike the others, though, it was as if the aura was running directly through her body; the chains really were, somehow, another part of what composed her actual body.

It wasn't a common and possibly a slightly unsettling realisation, if Anna arrived at it.

"I just... there are a few improvements, but then it all seems to work backwards, you know?" The fox faunus continued, rubbing her forehead in exasperation. One injury was all it took to cause her this headache, really. It didn't seem like she even knew about the spread of the damage yet, either.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2019, 04:47:02 PM »
Anna stood there for a few seconds after the Faunus finished speaking, then gingerly sat down. She was about to say that at least, it wasn't her actual flesh limbs that were acting out but held herself back just in time. "D-do you know if those that made the implant can repair or replace it?" Ah, there came back her stuttering. So much for that flawless streak.

She wanted to take one of the chains in her hand and have the girl try and move it a bit, but she had genuinely no idea on how to go about it, so sitting down was the next best thing she could figure out at the moment.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 04:53:48 PM »
The faunus cringed at the question, shifting awkwardly as she tried to think of a fair response to the question. "Somehow I... I doubt they'd be willing, even if they weren't dead." She slowly explained, taking her time to try and phrase it without making her newfound help feel bad. "As said, I- uh. It... I didn't get these voluntarily."

Honestly, she wasn't offended at all - hell, it was nice to have someone who didn't already know about her past for once. Kind of a novelty. Bit of hope for her future, too. She rubbed the back of her head, a sheepish look on her face. "It's in the past, but... yeah, no, they wouldn't be the most help. And the closest second isn't particularly promising either, though I'm. Looking into it." The woman continued, looking just a little shifty by the end of it.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »
Ah. Well that made things a bit harder, didn't it. Anna stayed sat down in front of her interlocutor, two metal plates resting atop her knees, not really in the know as to what to do now.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Glow

• Personal Text
    Ayo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2019, 06:42:08 PM »
Samantha looked over at the other girl, who'd been trying to help her for no particular reason for the last dozen minutes or so and now looked somewhat dejected. Scratching the back of her head and looking a little awkward, she ran over her options, before just mentally shrugging to herself.

"Well, if nothing else, you let me rant a little, so don't feel bad or anything, y'know? Uh." She started, then took a brief look at the clock in the room and smiled lightly as it gave her an out. "And it's around lunchtime anyway, so want to grab some food?"

Thank god for coincidental timing to solve social awkwardness.