Author Topic: Losing things [Open]  (Read 4830 times)

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
Losing things [Open]
« on: September 22, 2016, 07:28:16 PM »
The tall white haired boy walked around the fountain ten times looking for his crystal pendant that his mother gave him before he left Mistral. It was frustrating him that he was unorganized and unfamiliar with his surroundings. Hell, he hasn't even learned how the currency worked here yet. He sighed sitting down at the edge of the fountain trying to remember where he was last and why he took off the pendant to begin with. His hand reached into his jean pocket to pull out his scroll to idly search through the internet, in hopes his brain would miraculously remember. Fat chance that was going to happen.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Losing things [Open]
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:48:33 PM »
Stella sat at the fountain as the boy walked past her. Passing him off as another student, she continued to read her book. Soon the boy passed by her again. And again. And again. And again. Her eyes returned to her book. Then the boy passed again. Then again. Then again. Then again. Then again. Then sat down. Next to her. "Hello? What the hell were you doing?! I was trying to read here! You want to walk off those much needed laps of yours? Go get a treadmill!"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:57:39 PM by Asterisk »

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:15:57 PM »
He looked up at her a bit unprepared for her sudden outburst, but he  understood her frustration. Most of the students come here to get away from the commotion. Currently he was the commotion.

"My apologies Miss. I don't mean to walk around to disrupt the peace. I've just lost something and I am having rotten luck finding it." Noctis says to her calmly.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:20:06 PM »
"You're problem, not mine." Stella said, looking back down at her book for a few seconds. Sighing and looking back up while closing her book, a hardlight sphere formed in the air in front of Noctus. "What does it look like? Sculpt it out with your hands to the best of your ability."

Another holographic ring appeared around her and a voice came out. "Ma'am, didn't you just say-"

"I know Asako." She gave a deathly stare at Noctus. "And just so you know, I'm not helping you. I'm helping myself because... because... ummm..." After a short while of trying to think up an excuse as to why she was helping Noctis while her stare began easing up, she said, "Because some idiot decided to push his problem onto me and now I can't concentrate on my book until it's resolved! Yeah that's right! Bad! Irresponsible! Idiot! Go die in a hole!" The glare returned.

Asako snickered, "Or you're just being nice again."

"No! I'm completely doing this of my own selfish reasons, and that is that!"

"As you say, milady... How do you plan on finding it?"

"Deploy one of the UAVs."

"Of course. Don't you think that's kind of overdoing it though?"

"And do I need to debug you?"

"No ma'am. As you wish."

"Now then," she looked back to Noctus to see if he was done yet as a sonic boom was heard and a black airship arrived, hovering over them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:36:22 PM by Asterisk »

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 10:47:05 PM »
He blinked for a few seconds. He smiled lightly before touched the sphere. Noctis wasn't much of a sculptor but he pretty decent at it. His hands gently started to make out a shape of an almond cut quartz piece. He used his finger tips to make the point at the bottom.

"It's black attached to a thin silver chain. It had my name carved in the front horizontally."

He snickered as she tried to form a selfish reason for helping him.

"Don't worry. I will not utter a single word to anyone about this," Noctis said trying to hold back a grin. "And thank you."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 11:00:31 PM »
"Mmkay." Ten panels came came out of the ship hovering above them like the tray loading mechanisms of a DVD drive before each dropping a circular drone a foot and a half in diameter with 360 degree cameras on them. As the trays retracted back into the ship, the drones activated in midair and began fanning out, searching for the object.

"Ma'am, we've at most only needed six to find outlaws. And you deployed all ten..."

"Yes, I know Asako. I really want to get back to my book with a clear mind."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:04:01 PM by Asterisk »

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 11:07:08 PM »
"I know it's really none of my business but what-" He was going to ask, but paused to find the proper way to ask the female exact what she did for a living because all this tech was pretty advanced.

"Forget I was trying to ask you anything." Noctis said feeling a bit, strange? He did feel a little intimidated by Stella.

"I'm Noctis."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 11:22:09 PM »
'Submissive. But not without self-confidence,' Stella thought as the boy spoke. "I'm Stella Xnfe Chartreuse. Xnfe pronounced X N F E."

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 11:34:11 PM »
Xnfe? That's different. He thought to himself.

"It is a pleasure to meet you." he said.

Then it was awkward and when it was awkward bad things happen. For him anyway.

"What type of books do you like to read?"The white haired male asked, trying to hold some form of a decent conversation with Stella.

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 11:42:04 PM »
Stella held up the book to show Noctis the cover: Spies without Duty by Meredith Irons. "I don't usually read fiction unless they're thousand year old manuscripts with hidden messages in them, but my friend wrote this book and she wants me to Vox-review it before she publishes it."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:47:42 PM by Asterisk »

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 11:52:20 PM »
"I take it you like challenges. Historical pieces only interest me when they are old Medical practices. Some the of techniques they used before are both ridiculous and sometimes astonishing," Noctis tells her. "Every now and then I'll read satire to give myself a good laugh. Typically I only read medical journals."

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 12:14:41 AM »
Putting the book down, Stella said, "So you work in the medical field. You can say I do too, in a way."

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 12:26:16 AM »
"So to speak yes." he says back.

His hand find there way into his coats pockets. Noctis knows the gesture can sometimes be taken as rude but his reason for doing so is entirely different. It is to halter him from asking too many questions. Stella did not seem to be the type to play 60 questions with some random stranger. For now he figured he'd just keep to himself until her drons managed to find his missing necklace.  He fought with himself to stop from pulling out his Scroll.

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 12:30:59 AM »
"Yes," Stella responded as one of the drones emitted a high-pitched beep and a hologram appeared in front Noctus with an image of his necklace on it in the nearby grass.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 11:23:20 PM »
Yhe white haired male sighed in content knowing his necklace was near by. He turned to look at Stellla to formerly thank her.

"Thank you for helping me find it and again, My apologies for disrupting your reading Stella." he said smileing.