Author Topic: Conflicting Ideals [CLOSED]  (Read 1808 times)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Conflicting Ideals [CLOSED]
« on: July 17, 2019, 05:16:04 AM »
If one was to survey Haven’s dock at the current moment, it seems rather desolate and lonely with a singular bullhead currently waiting for its occupants to make their way over. Compared to the bustling weekends where students are coming in and out to make daily excursions, there’s only a singular fourth year tiredly waiting with the bullhead. Said fourth year also happens to be letting out constant tired sighs as they rub their eyes under the mask. After all, Arian is allowed to make constant expeditions and he just came back from his most recent one. A sound of disgust rises from within him as he ponders about his current status. He can’t let his exhaustion hinder him, so he’ll have to account for it in other ways.

Moreover, Arian has just been tasked to essentially mentor his juniors alongside a fellow peer that he’s not all too familiar with. He’s not too sure as to why him of all people out of the members in his team, but he’ll have to make do. I suppose I can take the time to become familiar with the ones that’ll become my colleagues in the future. It’ll be difficult, but perhaps it’ll be a nice test for all of them to grow stronger in the end.

As Arian thinks about this, he also goes over what their mission will be. As far as he knows, it’ll be one of the daily patrols between villages in order to clear out local supply routes of any grimm and bandits. Doing this would secure the safety of the villages and transfer of goods for the next group of huntsmen. Any other information he really didn’t care for all too much.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Conflicting Ideals [CLOSED]
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 01:49:06 PM »
Lucas quietly approached the docks only after double-checking his equipment.  It's been some time since his last excursion, mostly due to the need to resupply, but that also meant that he was well-rested and ready to go.

The mission he was assigned to this time seemed relatively mundane:  it was a simple, routine patrol designed to cull Grimm and bandit populations.  Quite frankly, it looked like something a team of first years could handle on their own.  Yet, not only were they sending him, but another fourth year was assigned as well, along with two first years.  Were they expecting some sort of trouble?  Unlikely, otherwise they wouldn't send any first years, or even students period.  Were there simply not enough hands on deck?  Also doubtful, there should be a surplus of over-eager students looking to find some "action".  Could it be he's only there to act as a mentor?  This is a relatively routine mission...

Taking a look at the mission briefing once again, Lucas scanned through the assigned personnel.  He didn't recognize the two first years, but he did recognize his fellow senior, Arian Reaper.  Lucas had never worked with him, or even had a conversation with him, for that matter.  However, Reaper has a peculiar trait of always wearing a mask, and that makes him stick out, which is pretty much the only reason Lucas knows anything about him in the first place.

"You'd think they'd have pre-set team doing this sort of thing," he muses quietly as he makes his way to the awaiting bullhead.  Looking up, he's somewhat surprised to see the masked visage of Arian already there, waiting.  Might as well get to know him while I have the chance, he thinks to himself, and moves over to his counterpart.  "You're Arian, right?  I'm Lucas Meridiem.  'Looks like we'll be working together."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:23:06 PM by ReaperJoe »
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: Conflicting Ideals [CLOSED]
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 05:52:10 PM »
Routine patrol to protect supply lines between... Bas sighed just from the thought of it. While she was glad for any chance to leave the academy and explore more of the beautiful Mistral countryside it was hardly an inspiring mission based on the description. She had been in a bit of a creative lull recently and had hoped that, as there would be forth years on this mission, they would be going to some exciting new place. Instead, they were going where dozens if not hundreds of others had been before, it was hardly going to be a unique perspective.

As she left the academy grounds and made her way to the docks she spotted a single Bullhead prepped for launch with two figures standing by it, figuring they were part of the mission she headed in their direction. Continuing her internal discussion, it occurred to her that this would be her first mission with a fourth-year student, basically fully trained hunters, that could work.

"Hey are you guys Arian and Lucas?" she figured that Rachel wasn't there yet since neither of the two seemed particularly feminine though she did hesitate slightly at the mask. "I'm Bastet Nin, though everyone just calls me Bas."

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]