Author Topic: Neither Solid, Liquid, or Gas, So It Must Be Plasma [Team PLSM] [CLOSED]  (Read 5759 times)

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
"No worries, Suntalia. You didn't take it too far. I'm just of the opinion that if you want to joke with someone, then you have to be able to take a joke in return. Also, I can be a little vengeful... perhaps the cake was a bit too much, and for that, I apologize. But apparently, you are taking it very well. So it's all good. Now we have a measure of each other."

Mogan made a small smile and turned again his attention to Jima, whose semblance just seemed to grow even more complicated and that apparently wasn't interested in guys. Which was unfortunate for him, as he quite liked her looks. Then again developing "interests" inside a team could become disastrous, as his previous experience in Shade had demonstrated, so it was better this way.   

"Oh-ho! Well, that's a relief! I can scrap my plan of striking sexy poses under the shower while singing just for your viewing pleasure. On the other hand, if you need some help to peek on Suntalia and Lilly just let me know! Just for the spirit of camaraderie, of course, since I won't be the one to do the peeking. Just the keyhole should be enough if I understood your semblance correctly..."

His tone was practical and serious like he was offering to help with homework. 

"Changing the subject, I feel the need to commend you for choosing this career with a semblance like that. It can't be easy to manage each detached sense during combat... You're probably used to it, but I can't imagine how confusing it must be... especially if you have to manage multiple opponents... You must be quite good at multitasking!"

Mogan was sure that this semblance could do wonders in a team effort and could be used to coordinate with incredible precision, but the fact that Jima was a close ranged fighter contrasted with that plan. It would have been much more practical to have her in the backline, providing long-range support and coordinating the others. Oh well, to each his own.
The plan to take a stroll through the forest seemed fun, there were virtually zero chances of encountering anything even remotely dangerous for a group of third-year students, and he liked the idea of observing the rest of the team in action. Too many close-ranged fighters for his tastes, no one able to tank hits (except him, in some instances), not many long-range options. Dealing with flying enemies could become a nightmare for this team.
He nodded his approval and slowly rose to his feet. Lilly was already hopping towards the forest, twirling her spears without a care in the world.
Mogan, on the other hand, started to collect the food and the other things resting on the blanket. It wasn't like they could just leave things there.

"Littering is never a good thing, even in a Grimm infested forest. Besides, I don't want to find the cake covered in ants when we get back. We may as well put all back in the basket."

Once they finished with the picnic stuff, he picked up his suitcase and followed his dancing leader. Dancing, huh? It was surely a beautiful fighting style, but against a horde of ferocious Grimm was it going to be effective? Would it still maintain it's charm once Lilly was covered in sweat and grime? Just one way to find out.

"Please Jima, just Mogan is fine. So... about my semblance... The short version is that while my semblance is active, every hit I suffer or inflict does not seem to have any immediate effect. All effects and consequences of the blow are delayed up to a maximum of ten seconds and then manifest suddenly, amplified directly in proportion to the time elapsed.
The semblance works with any kind of non-prolonged impact. I myself am subject to his semblance, so my opponents can take advantage of the semblance in almost the same way I can, the only difference being that I know how the semblance works. There are other details and rules, but these are the main ones. The rest I can demonstrate once we find something to hunt."

They were a happy bunch, but it probably would not take long for some Grimm to intercept them.     

Mogan Treehouse - Beacon Student Third Year

Shoko-La Bitter - Mercenary and Hitman

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
Laughing lightly at Mogan, Suntalia helped him clean up everything on the blanket and proceeded to placing them on her wagon. "I love a good joke or ten. I personally think we should try and prank the other two when we get the chance." she whispered to Mogan winking at him in the process.

Having put everything away, Suntalia grabbed Firestorm and skipped along to catch up with the rest of the team. Resting Firestorm back in its harness, she continued to listen to Mogan while humming a light tune to herself. Skipping on ahead, she caught up to Lilly who was busy dancing along the beaten path. "You must really love to dance!" she remarked, skipping slightly in beat to Lilly's pace. Smiling as she was fascinated to the shadowy figure who was dancing alongside Lilly, Suntalia admired the colors that played across her sight. "Did you always love to dance?" she inquired of Lilly. Turning to face the others, she motioned for them to catch up before turning her attention back to her team leader.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Jima only furthers her grin in response to Mogan's comments on her semblance. "Truth be told, I honestly can't imagine it any other way - it's not like I can turn it off, so learning to manage it came pretty easily. It becomes a lot easier to keep track of things when you're in the third person, so battle is easier - surprise attacks don't really happen to me unless all my senses are elsewhere. Besides, what other career would let me study Grimm in such close detail?" She starts her own way down the path, letting her senses float freely - the bird's eye view afforded from her sight several feet in the air watching Lily's dancing and Suntalia's skip down the path, occasionally doing sweeps of the surrounding area to keep an eye out for anything interesting.

"And c'mon Suntalia, if you can prank me that'll be pretty impressive - you can imagine I'm pretty hard to sneak up on." Her voice pipes up directly to the side of the skipping girl, the grin evident in her voice. Apparently she'd managed to catch her whisper to Mogan.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Kayla220

• View Profile
"Yeah, dancing is why I moved here. I got an offer to go to a dance school here that is really good when I'm not at Beacon. If you ever want to go dancing I think it could be a fun team activity," Lilly says as she slows her dancing down as they get into the forest. Looking around she thought she heard something coming from the left. Quickly moving through the brush in that direction she saw an ursa standing alone in a grove. It wasn't anything unusual but it was a decent size. Perfect for her team to practice on. Turning around she smiles and asks in the most innocent voice she can, "So who wants to kill that first?"

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Lilly's better hearing afforded by her faunus heritage might've picked up the Ursa first, but the Jima's roaming senses spot it second - her body coming to a standstill as her sight and hearing zoom ahead to observe, a small click from the weapon over her shoulder signaling she's deployed Goliath's spikes. Medium-sized Ursa, bone growth significant but not extreme, currently alone from what she could tell - but likely to spot them fast.

"In case you didn't notice, Lily's referring to the Erza at 3 o'clock sharp. It's an adult, not too big that we shouldn't be able to handle it as a team, and highly likely to spot or hear us within the next 30 seconds or so. Also, way too close to the school for comfort - maybe something we should alert staff about." Her voice is at a low whisper, originating from halfway between Suntalia and Mogan, trying to keep them undetected for the time being.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
Mogan was about to reply to Suntalia's suggestion about forming a pranking alliance, but Jima, having clearly overheard possibly thanks to her detached supersenses, interjected first.

"Well Suntalia, it seems like our skills as pranksters have been challenged. I say this requires a decisive and swift response, or else our reputation will be tainted! That being said, why don't we make things a bit more interesting? Let's bet on who will be able to pull the best prank on Jima. Lilly will be our judge. The loser will have to clean and tidy up our room for a month. We will have one week to do the pranks, and of course, if Jima discovers the prank then the one that gets discovered is disqualified. If we both get discovered then we both lose and we will have to cover for Jima's turns of cleaning for a month each. How about it?"

Mogan was pretty confident he could pull a couple of interesting pranks on Jima. She had made a mistake by revealing so much about her semblance, thus giving him the opportunity to work around it in order to deliver his prank! That said he didn't have any ground for assuming his prank would be better than anything Suntalia could come up with. This would require some time and meditation... 
Mogan was absently listening to Lilly revealing that she would attend a dance school in her free time, which could be fun. It would probably just mean that they would be part of the public for her performances, but they would probably hang out together after.
His thoughts were cut short when Lilly found a lone Ursa.
Mogan stepped forward, activating his semblance and inserting both his arms inside the holes on the sides of his suitcase. Said suitcase mecha-shifted in two different pieces of heavy armor that covered up to his shoulders and a belt with several pockets.
The whole process didn't take more than a couple seconds, plus one more to actually put the belt on.

"I did say that would demonstrate once we found a prey, so if you don't mind I'll take this one. I actually give my best when I face big targets, while on the other hand lots of small and fast enemies like a murder of little nevermores can be considered my worst matchup."

Mogan started to explain while casually walking towards the Grimm, which, having taken notice of the approaching hunters, got up on his hind legs and roared threateningly, revealing his pearly white fangs.

"First of all, I have a time limit on my semblance. I can activate it for five minutes tops, and after that, it can't be used again for at least twelve hours. I also have to wait ten seconds before it actually activates once I wish to use it."

Having said that Mogan easily slipped under the first paw swipe that the Ursa had aimed at his head, and moved around it, in order to force him to turn around to follow him. He was quick and light on his feet. His movements weren't elegant like Lilly's but hinted at a fighting style aimed at being practical. Since the grimm had used his left arm for attacking, he ended beside his left flank and he turned to deliver a powerful right-handed punch to the elbow of the beast.

"Once I activate it I can't deactivate it unless a set time has passed. But while it is active any non-prolonged impact I deliver or receive gets canceled."

True to his words, the punch didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on the target.

"The more times it passes after the hit, the more the effect will be amplified, that is unless I hit the same target again or it hits me. The effect reaches its peak at ten seconds, tripling the consequences of the punch."

While he talked, Mogan kept dodging the swipes and bites of the ursa. He moved with ease, his footwork was practiced and he always seemed to start moving a moment before his enemy even started attacking.

"The downside of this semblance is that these rules apply to me too, so if I get hit I risk of having to suffer increased consequences too. That is the reason I can't function as a tank unless specific conditions are met. For instance..."

His exposition was interrupted when the elbow of the Grimm exploded with a sickening crunch, precisely ten seconds after he had hit it. The Ursa roared in pain and shook the offended limb, whose forearm was connected to the rest of the body only by some dark filaments that were rapidly snapping after the weight. Mogan took the window to collect a couple of small stones from the ground with one hand and then punched them with violence with the other. Once again nothing happened to the stones. The enraged Ursa, with a loud thud, got back on all four... three. And tried to grab his left arm with his powerful jaws. Mogan, of course, didn't let it happen by jumping back, then extended the same left arm in a stabbing motion. From his wrist came out a short blade that should have stabbed the Ursa's eye, but once again it did nothing. The confused grim seemed to brace for the impact, but instead of being blinded it seemed like the blade had just bounced on his glowing red eye.     

"... As I was saying, I really can't afford to take hits while my semblance is active, unless someone or something kills or incapacitates my target before the ten seconds are up. In that specific case, the effect of the blow simply disappear, so I can virtually tank anything that hits me as long as my enemy dies within ten seconds and I don't get hit more than once."

Having said that he opened he passed the stones he had held in his left hand into his right hand, and in so doing he flipped them. Then, dodged laterally another bite and, instead of throwing the stones, he loaded his arm back and made a move as to violently push them horizontally towards the Grimm's head. There was certainly some force in this movement, but nothing that could justify the speed with which the two stones seemed to propel themselves forward. Considering the mass of the stones and their speed, they should have at least have seriously cracked the mask of the Ursa. But once they hit, what instead happened was that the eye Mogan had previously poked with his hidden blade collapsed inward with another loud and unpleasant sound, while the stones fell to the ground. While the poor beast roared and trashed around, now half blind, Mogan continued his exposition with a casual tone, like he was talking about the weather.

"What happened now is that I hit the same target again before the countdown was completed, so the previous effect activated early, albeit with less power. As you have perhaps noted, I let the stones charge for a bit before using them against the grimm, so if I did my math right, now what should hit the Ursa's head once ten seconds elapse, is the force of my punch multiplied approximately by three plus the force of the trow and again multiplied by three. So something like the consequences of being hit by a punch slightly more powerful than my original one multiplied by nine should manifest on our unfortunate experiment just... about... now."

BOOM!                       

The poor Ursa instantly collapsed on the ground and started to dissipate in black wisps of smoke. Mogan inspected the points of impact with a slight frown as if he was trying to understand something that didn't quite sit right with him.

"On second thought I did use two stones... so to be more precise I hit it with two distinct blows each with four point five more power than the original punch. So that's why it didn't quite blow his head off. Maybe I should have aimed for a leg, but then again it would have made me appear cruel. Usually, I try to dispatch of my enemies as quickly and efficiently as possible, and that is especially true if I'm using this damn semblance. As you can imagine I'll never use this semblance in a friendly spar against a student that doesn't already know at least it's basic rules because a slight mistake could cause serious damage to both. When fighting a human opponent the element of surprise is my biggest advantage, so I'd thank you if you could keep what you learned about my semblance a secret. There are more rules and exceptions, but this should give you an idea. Honestly speaking I hate it, and I prefer not to use it unless I'm forced to, but you still had to at least know about it." 

He paused for a moment, apparently thinking about something.

"One last thing... If, during a fight, I have my semblance activated and you see me aiming at our target with my right arm, then stay away."

With several clicks, the armor that covered his right arm shifted to reveal an actual small cannon.

"You can imagine what would happen if you got hit by a charged cannon shot... And that concludes my presentation! Who wants to take on the next one we find?"

Mogan finally asked, changing his cannon back into its standard form.

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Laughing at Mogan's remark about a friendly competition, Suntalia merely gave him a thumbs up as he volunteered to take on the Grimm before them. Leaping up onto a low tree limb, Suntalia watched with fascination as Mogan fought the Ursa as well as explained his semblance to the team. The amount of details entailed in how his semblance was used as well as the complication of what could happen to him if it backfired on him was nothing less than impressive. As he slowly took down the Ursa, the final blow was enough to cause Suntalia to whistle impressively at his attack. His remark about his right arm was also enough to pique her curiosity and so she made a mental note to ask him about it later.

Wanting to ask a plethora of questions about Mogan's fighting style as well as his semblance, Suntalia was cut off as another Ursa came out from the behind the trees. "Looks like all the noise is drawing more friends to us" she remarked, jumping off the tree limb. Skipping over to where the Grimm was, Suntalia turned to the others. "I'll take the next one if you don't mind!" Turning her attention back to the beast before her, the monstrous creature stood up on its hind legs, towering over the petite girl. "Unlike Mogan's semblance, mine is rather simple" she started, as she nimbly dodged under a huge horizontal slash from the Ursa. Letting out a roar, the Grimm continued a barrage of claw slashes while Suntalia easily dodged around the attacks. "Simply put, I control lightning. Depending on the situation, it'll take me anywhere between two to four seconds to charge up my semblance." Laughing lightly, Suntalia jumped over another slash, landing on the creatures arm. Using this opportunity, Suntalia activated her semblance and kicked the beast in the head, causing it to rear back slightly. Jumping off, she landed a few feet away and then lunged forward, closing the distance so that she was right in front of the creature. Placing a finger on the Ursa's chest, she smiled at it. "Bang" she replied as a massive bolt of lightning struck out of her finger, blowing a hole right through the Ursa and the tree behind it. As the Ursa began to disintegrate, the tree that took the blow also began to fall over from the attack. Turning to face the others, she smiled at them, oblivious to the static charge that caused a few strands of her hair to stand up. "As you can see, I'm also no tank and more of an agile fighter. However, unlike Mogan, I specialize in dealing with numerous enemies and dwindling the herd."

Skipping back to the others, she stood next to Mogan and smiled. "Aside from that, I'm also a dust specialist and all my weapons use a combination of dusts. I can show you guys later if we get the chance." Looking at Lilly and Jima, Suntalia gave them a thumbs up. "So, that's me. Who's next?" As if asking for trouble, the howl of a Beowolf sounded nearby their position. "Guess we have our next contestant!" she exclaimed, skipping ahead a few paces before turning around. "Shall we?" she inquired before skipping on ahead.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
The damage Mogon did was extremely impressive, and further was Suntalia's lightning strikes. Both were incredibly powerful, and more importantly combat-based - they'd be excellent firepower when backed into a corner. Mogan's absolute decimation of the bear was amusing to watch, her vision following him closely as dodged, and Suntalia's aerobatics even more so. They were going to be a powerful team.

"I suppose it's my turn, then? You three already know how my semblance works, but you've yet to see it in battle at least." Jima comments, before taking long strides to pass Suntalia's skipping and cut ahead. The tall woman leads them to a small clearing, in the direction of the Beowolf's howls, and moves to stand in the center. There's a click, and the head of her mace falls off to become a morningstar, connected to the body of the weapon by a chain - which Jima then spins overhead, the chain rattling loudly to attract attention before it's retracted back into the body. "You see, with the ability to move my senses anywhere, I'm only really hindered by solid walls and a 50-meter radius. As long as there's space, I'm able to see, hear, and feel all around me. This means..."Jima's eyes close, and she purposefully waits a moment - before spinning 180 degrees, the Beowolf leaping from the bushes directly on top of her stopped only by a direct blow to the head "...I can't be snuck up on."

The grounded Beowolf shakes itself momentarily, before pulling itself to it's feet. The blow was only enough to stun it apparently. It tilts back its head and let's out a howl, before three more of it's kind leap from the bushes, starting to dramatically circle Jima. She only smiles, and there's a clicking sound as the head of Goliath opens up, the shotgun mechanism becoming apparent. With her eyes still closed, she ducks the first two swipes of the largest beowolf as it lunges at her, shooting the Grimm twice in the throat before the head of Goliath closes again, and she finishes with a wound-back knock to the side of the head with the mace. The first one goes down momentarily, and as the second one leaps she dodges nimbly to the side, crouching down to only leap overhead. Two more quick clicks from Goliath's shotgun and a massive blow increased by gravity, the second one's head is forced to hit the ground. The first staggers to it's feet, charging again at Jima, and she responds with a quick kick to the chin to force it's head up again, letting her place the shotgun directly underneath the creature's chin before pulling the trigger again, blowing it's head off before using the recoil of the shot to drive the mace back into the head of the one on the ground behind her before it manages to rise to it's feet. It's head collapses in, and both bodies begin to disintegrate.

"Two down, two to go!"She cheerfully announces. The two remaining Beowolves circle slowly, and Jima takes the opportunity to remove her jacket and toss it to the side, revealing the wings of the Nevermore tattooed down her arms in white and the peculiar pyramid strapped to the harness on her back. "The smaller one of these wolves is definitely a vanilla, and we don't see young Grimm often - you three wouldn't mind if I capture it to study a bit? It'll be good to demonstrate the Grab n' Go, anyways.".

The third and final adult Beowolf charges like it's compatriots, taking swipes at the scholar on two feet. Jima jumps back at each one, pumping a shotgun blast into the creatures body with each leap. As the Beowolf surges forwards with an especially large swipe, Jima takes the opportunity to launch herself into the air with her weapon's recoil, spinning overhead before landing aptly on the Beowolf's shoulders with another massive strike to the creature's head. It staggers dramatically, lurching downwards; Jima smiles before the head of her weapon opens again so she can shoot the shotgun directly into one of the creature's ears. It doesn't manage to keep to it's feet before falling to the forest floor, and it's already halfway disintegrated by the time Jima moves with the creature's fall to roll to her feet. Reaching one hand over her back, her eyes open for the first time in the fight and fix on the fourth and final Beowolf, still warily circling the fight at the center of the clearing - obviously a little more intelligent than it's brethren. The pyramid is detached from it's harness with a click, and the tip of the pyramid is fixed into the shotgun mechanism of the mace with a small twist. Jima braces herself with one foot back, and as the final beowolf leaps towards her the pyramid is fired; rocketing off at a velocity that's still enough to make Jima stagger. The spot-on shot makes contact with the juvenile wolf's chest, and the large projectile slams the small creature backwards into a nearby tree with enough force the bark splinters. Wire coiled inside the body of the pyramid erupts on contact tangles itself around the Grimm and the tree on first contact, restraining the creature's arms and preventing it from pulling away from the tree. Despite the wolf's struggling against the wires they hold firm, not letting the creature budge. It's been effectively and nearly completely immobilized.

Jima manages to pull herself back to her feet, grinning at the sight of the trapped beowolf. She approaches with no hesitation, unclipping what appears to be a tape measure from her belt, and starts various measurements of the snarling creature while her voice near the group explained the situation "The Grab n' Go was something I built last year to capture Grimm in the field for further study. When in battle, I may occasionally request we capture something instead of killing it. The Grab n' Go itself is capable of completely capturing anything up to a midsized Ursa, so potentially we could use it to at least immobilize limbs of larger Grimm, and through experience it's something of a last resort to use on other humans - it's not built to be gentle."

Kayla220

• View Profile
Something has come up IRL and I will be absent for a little while, I will try to post when I can and will be back soon I hope

Kayla220

• View Profile
Impressed by her team, Lilly looks around and says, "Well I guess the next ones should be mine." Walking towards a noise in the woods, Lilly leads her team to a pair of Ursa.
Putting her headphones on, she quickly dashes towards the pair of Ursa and in beat to the music she is listening to she dodges the first swipe and moves gracefully past both of them landing a few light kicks on them in passing. Landing behind them, she draws her guns and transforms them into her two short spears. Quickly moving in on the Ursa again, she lands a blow under the guard of the first one, dodging the responses from the Ursa, she quickly moves back away and pauses for a second and a shadowy figure appears behind the Ursa. "My semblance summons my dance partner, they fight as a mirror to me." Leaping in her spears moving in beat and raining blows on the front of the first Ursa, her shadowy partner darts in from behind and with a pair of shadowy swords, slices the back of the Ursa to pieces over the course of the next few seconds. All the while, Lilly is dodging the second Ursa's attacks with graceful twirls and dance moves.
The first Ursa falls quickly under the rain of blows. Turning to the second, Lilly transforms her weapons into their gun forms and pumps bullets into the Ursa as it tires to advance towards her. As the SMG and revolver run out of loaded ammunition she transforms them back into spear. While she is doing this her shadow is pelting the Ursa with shadow bullets that do little but annoy the Ursa. Thinking the shadow might be an easier target the Ursa lumbers after it and manages to land a swipe. As he begins to disperse into shadows, Lilly pauses and resummons him near her. "And he is really hard to get rid of!" She says and they both charge towards the remaining Ursa. Dancing around it she stabs quickly and twirls in and out of reach and the second Ursa also quickly falls to her spears.
Turning towards her new team, Lilly says, "And there you have my fighting. Taking off her headphones she looks around and smiles.

SerAnad

• Been Around

• View Profile
Mogan whistled, both impressed and slightly annoyed when Suntalia demonstrated the power of her semblance. And in his opinion, this whistle was much more deserved than the one he had just received
Ah, it must be nice to have such a simple and handy semblance! No worries, no danger, no planning required, no downsides. And it wasn't a semblance that revealed too much about one's character. What does the ability to shoot lighting say about Suntalia? That she is so full of energy that she has an excess that can be weaponized? Still... of how much energy are we talking about here?

"That is some serious firepower you have there, Suntalia... May I ask how many times in a row can you shoot lightning like that one? And is that your maximum output or you can concentrate even more energy into a single attack? Because it seems to me that if we can plan several team strategies around your semblance, we could maybe be able to one-shot every single big Grimm we come across without any effort."

Upon seeing Jima's morningstar and capture device, Mogan was pretty much convinced that between his whip and Jima's tools they would have sufficient means to restrain even some very big Grimms. A deathstalker, a giant nevermore, a queen lancer, just to name a few, would become pretty much helpless when faced with something able to impair their movements.
Lilly's "dance partner" was a perfect decoy, and her fighting style was incredibly elegant... Maybe against a human opponent, she could encounter some problems given the fact that both her dance and her partner became quite easy to read once you caught her rhythm. Then again she could always change music.

"Oh, I can already imagine this team facing some huge beast... Jima and I would restrain it, then I would shoot a cannon shot to break the white armor of the Grimm, while Lilly jumps above it. And while she is still twisting in midair with her dance partner and with her spears ready to stab the target, Suntalia shoots her lightning at Lilly's weapons, charging them right before the impact. And such if the force of the electric discharge inside it that the ancient Grimm explodes in so many chunks of darkness that they sublimate before touching the ground! Glorious! Or, you know, we can just point Suntalia's finger in the general direction of the enemy and let her semblance do the work. No need to sweat or make plans when you have thundercloud at hand."

Spoiler: ShowHide

Ps. Welcome back Kayla!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:25:34 AM by SerAnad »

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Suntalia couldn't help but nod in approval as she watched Lilly's fighting abilities and Jima's weapons. Upon hearing Mogan's remarks about her semblance ability, Suntalia couldn't help but give him a dimpled smile. "To answer your questions, Mo, I haven't really tried to hit my maximum output, but the weather and circumstances do take a factor in how powerful it can become. As for how many times it can be used, I can fire it around five consecutive times in a row before I have to wait a couple minutes before using it again. The problem with channeling lightning is that it increases my heartbeat. Too much lightning and I can be at risk of heart palpitations and severe chest pains. I've only gotten to that point once in my life and I wouldn't want to relive it again if possible." Walking over to Mogan, she nudged him with her elbow, causing the built up static electricity to accidentally shock him slightly. "Unless your goal is to try and break my heart, then by all means go ahead and try." Winking at him, she laughed again and skipped over to where the other two girls were.

Looking over Jima's weapon intently, Suntalia was all but impressed by the build of the contraption. "Does it use dust by chance? I feel like it's capabilities could increase exponentially if it had dust capabilities." Seeing no areas on Grab n' Go that looked like it was for dust, she pulled out a couple rounds from Dynami and Areti. "I may not look it, but I am an expert dust specialist so I would be happy to try and make some combination of dust to work with this."

Glancing at Lilly, Suntalia gave her a big dimpled smile. "So what now, leader?" she inquired. However, before she could get a response, a loud shriek was heard from the distance. Looking towards the Northeast where the shriek seemed to have originated from, Suntalia put her bullets back in her pouch. "Sounds like more friends are coming to see us!" she exclaimed happily. Turning to Mogan, she gave him a sly smile. "Maybe we can test your method and see if I really could one-hit a big Grimm" she said before laughing lightly.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Jima finishes measuring the Beowolf, making some final notes into her notebook with a nod. Stepping away, Goliath is brought up; and with one final whack directly to it's skull, the Beowolf's head caves in as it disintegrates to dust. The Grab n' Go goes slack, at Jima fiddles with a couple of buttons on the side, before winches begin to retract the cabling from around the tree - and it reverts to standby mode, where Jima clicks it into place in the harness on her back.

Watching Lilly's elegant style, Jima nods in approval as the Ursa are quickly brought down before turning to address Suntalia's questions. "Admittedly, Grab n' Go unfortunately isn't equipped with dust capabilities. Honestly, this is version 1.1, and I was primarily concerned with getting it to work as intended. It does - at least, the majority of the time, and I need to fine-tune her and show the school significant results before I get the funding to create 2.0. However, I do have some plans," She flips open her notebook to a bookmarked page, where an elaborate diagram of a slightly different-looking Grab n' Go with a series of chambers in the center. "For one that does use dust. I've hypothesized ice-creating dust, or possibly kinetic, would work the best - this is a device meant to primarily trap, and not kill."

Her attention turns to Morgon as he goes on and talks about his hypothetical scenario. "I will admit, we do have potential, so a team fight does sound like an excellent idea. Let's see how this goes, hmm?" An almost-dangerous smile graces her face, and she lets the head of Goliath drop off - spinning the spiked head as her eagerness increases.