Author Topic: ACTIVE GRIM THREAT: SEARCH AND RESCUE! [Closed]  (Read 12642 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
ACTIVE GRIM THREAT: SEARCH AND RESCUE! [Closed]
« on: October 16, 2019, 10:41:11 PM »
++Priority Mission++
A Grimm horde has suddenly emerged and attacked a small town on the Western coast of Anima.  This horde is large, and would have easily overrun the town if not for the quick eyes and action of a watchtower a few kilometers East of town.  Thanks to the watchtower personnel's report, a defense has been mounted, huntsmen have been dispatched, and evacuation efforts are underway.  However, the huntsmen are pinned down trying to defend the town, and they are currently unable to assist those who were working outside the walls, including those still at the watchtower.

As a result, you have been assigned a mission to rescue these civilians from the Grimm threat while the huntsmen continue their defense.  There are three major groups that were working outside the town when the Grimm attacked:  First, a group of lumber workers working at a small mill to the south of the town have barricaded themselves inside their office, and reports indicate that a few of them are equipped with small arms to defend themselves.  Second, members of a mining outpost to the north have hidden themselves within the mine.  Reports indicate the miners are unarmed, but Grimm have not been witnessed entering or leaving the caves, at least for now.  Finally, the watchtower to the east has several heavily armed guards, and is led by a former huntsman who has identified himself as "Jet".  While the watchtower is the most fortified location, the heavy fighting has drawn the largest Grimm density, and getting to them will almost certainly prove to be an uphill battle.

Good luck, and good hunting.  End briefing--

Lucas shut off his scroll after reviewing the mission briefing as the bullhead doors open, revealing the sight of open sky and the sound of gunfire.  The drop point is too hot to risk landing, so any huntsmen assigned to this job will have to do the landing themselves.  This is a typical hazard for them, though, and Lucas barely gives the excess elevation a second thought as he dives face first out of the airship.  Instead, his mind is occupied with the mission, contemplating the details they were given and how to best complete the task at hand.  Rescuing Jet first would give us extra firepower to help with the Grimm pinning down the other two sites, but getting to him would probably be a fight and a half.  Not to mention it would take that much longer to get to the less-prepared groups...

Hurtling towards the ground at a breakneck pace, Lucas continues planning ahead as his reflexes take over to negotiate the landing.  His hands deftly unhook the black mechanical-looking lantern from his belt, and the brightly colored windows begin to rapidly spin as his fingers search for the correct dust type.  At the same time, another lantern springs into existence out of thin air, this one cast in a spectral, ghostly green color.  The spectral lantern, falling freely next to Lucas, begins to shine, emitting a bright white light that bathes the area around it in a harsh radiance.  Lucas, now under the effect of his semblance, begins to accelerate faster towards the ground as the wind rushes past his ears and deafens him to everything but his own thoughts.  Yet, just as an onlooker might think the boy was going to go *splat!* against the ground, the spinning windows finally decide on a color, and the lantern door opens on the green window, letting loose a powerful gust of wind. 

The force of the wind dust combined with his semblance's use of kinetic dust quickly slows Lucas's descent, and the huntsmen-in-training lands gracefully in the drop zone.  As his feet touch the ground, the harsh light dims from his semblance, and Lucas flips a switch on his weapon, causing the mechanical lantern to shift into rifle form, as he surveys his surroundings.  He had scanned the area for enemies on the way down, but standard procedure is to check your bearings again once on the ground:  Grimm could be hiding underneath the tree tops, after all. 

However, at the moment, the LZ is safe.  On one end, there are two armored figures, presumably guards, standing with rifles at the ready next to a large turret.  At the other, a small shuttle lays in wait, awaiting rescued civilians.  It seems this area is away from the thick of the fighting, but there's no telling how long that will be the case.  In missions like these, time is of the essence.

Looking up in the sky, Lucas can see his bullhead speeding towards the coastline in order to help with the evacuations.  He'll be finding another ride out once the mission is completed, but he'll be stuck on the ground until then.  In the meantime, another bullhead approaches the drop zone, and three other figures drop out.  "Probably the rest of my team," he thinks aloud as he walks up to meet them.

As the rest of the team reaches the ground, he wastes no time with introductions, "Lucas Meridiem, Haven 4th year.  Are you Search and Rescue?"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 06:06:20 PM by ReaperJoe »
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

ShadowPower

• Personal Text
    Hewwo, just a normal dweeb being an Otaku. :3
    • View Profile
Re: ACTIVE GRIM THREAT: SEARCH AND RESCUE! [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 05:00:52 PM »
Ashlee would be halfway into the message before turning her scroll off.
"This should be fun! The bullhead doors open, revealing the sight of an open blue sky and lot's of gunfire. Ashlee would turn around falling back at lightening speeds. She'd be diving vertically through the sky as if she were a missile. "I wish I could meet my team before this event, oh well.

Ashlee would be a few yards from the ground before finally taking out her weapon using the scythe and rotating it so it fires upwards. Ashlee would fire wind dust back causing her to begin falling the ground at a much faster speed before finally using her scythe to grapple onto a nearby tree twirling off of it and jumping down to the ground. As soon as Ashlee befalls onto the ground she'd notice her teammate.

"So how did I do?" Ashlee would act as if she just won an award for most prized landing. "Ashlee Sanders, Beacon 1st year, at your service, i'm happy to be working along side you." Ashlee would take a bow before finally taking her weapon and equipping it and putting it onto her dress clip. Ashlee would be more intrigued at his weapon.
Ashlee Sanders "Come on, you can do it!" (cocks gun)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 03:43:36 PM »
Arcano fumbled uncomfortably with his scroll as he wiped between the various pieces of information. Three groups needed help. Three groups who they know of that need help.
Arcano had left in a hurry. He didn't have much time to prepare for this mission and in all the stress he didn't have the time to check if there was any information about the rest of the team.

The Bullhead's door opened and with the big thrust of wind that hit his face, he turned his attention to the forest below him. He would have to meet the team sooner or later anyway. Not that this realization took the uneasy feeling in his stomach, but it helped him jump out of the flying ship without further thought, heading straight for the trees beneath him.

He let himself fall for a moment, trying to explore the area from the air to the best of his abilities and as he slowly approached the treetops, he stretched his arm forward. Five barely recognizable threads connetcted  with one of the top branches and let him swing out all the momentum as he approches a lower branch, connecting another five strings with it while releasing the five before. He repeated this process one more time, continuing to avoid any opportunity of crushing face first into on of the branches or trunks, until he was low enough to simply jump the last distance. To hin unfortunate realization, he found himself right between two of his, assumed, teammates. With eyes widened in shock and embarrassment he looked between the two humans before stepping back cautiously.

"Uhm- Uh. Hi -Uh." He stopped as his back made contact with the trunk behind him and he looked quickly into the distance to avoid eye contact, "My name is Arcano, Uh-Bladwin, I mean Blar,- It's Arcano Blar Baldwin, But- Uh- Arcano is fine! I Uh-" the rest turned into an inaudible mumbling till he completely fell silent. His eyes now fixated on the ground as if something great is going to happen when he stares at this intensivly long enough.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 01:29:42 AM »
Over the course of the flight Fallow had been seated quietly, working on writing as many additional symbols into his Grimoire as he could before arriving at the location of his mission. An arrival signaled by a sudden blast of wind catching him. "Time to go I take it?" he asked to no one in particular as he got to his feet and lazily walked towards the exit. simply taking a step over the edge he was suddenly in free-fall heading towards the ground, where a group had already gathered. Well that won't end well." "GET CLEAR!" Fallow yelled out as he ran his hand across a page in the book he held in his hand and snapped his palm towards the ground. As he did so a blast of force exploded out from his palm slamming straight into the ground beneath him sending dirt spitting in all directions, the back-blast from this attack on the ground slowing Fallow's descent to the point where he was able to land gracefully.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 12:39:38 AM »
Lucas watches his three prospective teammates as they fall to the ground, making sure to leave adequate room for the last member to execute his landing strategy.  He wasn't dodging out of reflex or out of the result of extensive training, Lucas was just paying attention.  Whether the other two react in time is up to them, but as the three finally gather in front of him, Lucas takes stock of what he has to work with. 

To be frank, he's unimpressed.  Just judging from their looks, it was likely that all three of them were first-year students at best.  The fact that only one of them gave a full introduction pretty much confirmed their inexperience, and while his expression remained neutral on the outside, inwardly Lucas scowled.  They do realize this isn't some training mission, right? he thinks as he resigns himself to the current predicament.  First years or not, they'll have to do.

"Right then, looks like I'm taking charge of this mission.  First things first, everyone link to my scroll so we can keep track of each other's aura levels; my ID is CCE9AE," Lucas immediately steps up to assume the commander position and gives his first order.  "I'm assuming you've all read the briefing, so I'll go over the plan.  Do you see that watchtower in the distance?"  He points to the East over the treetops.  It's far away from here, about two, maybe two-and-a-half kilometers out, but even from that distance a structure can be seen peering out over the forest.  "Right now, the watchtower personnel are fighting off a sizable group of Grimm on their own.  Our first objective will be to clear out the Grimm in the area and--"

Lucas is interrupted by the sound of crackling coming from his scroll.  "Come in-- *bzzt* "Can anyone hear me?  Come in!"

Quickly, Lucas responded, "This is Lucas Meridiem, Huntsman from Haven, how did you get this line?"

"Oh, good, finally got a connection," the gruff, mysterious voice responded in kind.  "This is Captain Jet of the Watch, the guys headin' up the evacuation gave me your contact info, glad you could finally make it.  I'd say 'welcome' and show you around, but we're a little tied up at the moment."  The voice behind the scroll joked, but gunfire could be heard in the background of the call.  Wherever this person was, it seems he was dealing with some Grimm problems, too.

Lucas, recognizing the name "Jet", made to respond, "Roger that, we'll be up that way soon, so sit tight and--"

"Negative, chief," Jet's voice cut off Lucas.  "Right now we may be up to our knees in these fuckers, but my boys and I can hold 'em off for days.  Besides, from here we can see the entire surrounding area.  I can give you detailed information on Grimm locations and movements throughout the forest and let you know if you're about to run into anything nasty.  Speakin' o' which..." the voice trails off for a moment as the sound of shuffling can be heard through the scroll's speaker.  "A while ago, one of the boys said he saw a Beringel headin' up north towards the lumber camp.  Those guys are armed with nothin' more than a few shotguns and bear traps, and that's fine if they're takin' on some Beowolves, but that gorilla will tear them apart in no time flat if it knocks on their door.  We've got things covered here, go help them!"

Lucas takes a moment to process this new information.  On the one hand, helping the personnel at the watchtower would give the defense a few extra guns to help out, as well as giving the search and rescue team an experienced guide to help them through the area.  On the other, the watchtower does give anyone inside of it a bird's eye view of the area, which can give invaluable intel on the locations of the Grimm horde.  On top of that, Jet has already told them of a dangerous Grimm heading in the direction of one of the other groups, and if they don't hurry, the lumberyard personnel probably own't survive.

Finally, Lucas breaks his silence, "Copy that.  Change of plans, we'll be heading north to the lumberyard to rescue the civilians still there.  I'll scout ahead using the route Jet provides me and alert you of anything blocking your path.  In the meantime, you three stick together and make sure you don't lose sight of my semblance; its pretty much the only thing that'll let you follow me through the forest."  With that, Lucas turns and starts walking north to the treeline, but after a few feet he turns his head back to make one more remark.  "Oh, and one more thing:  you all are pretty much the only thing that will stand between these people and the Grimm, so as far as they're concerned, you're real huntsmen and huntresses.  Make sure you act like it.  Now move out!"

He turns back towards the forest, and the spectral lantern lets off that harsh white glow that he used for his landing strategy.  At the same time, his mechanical lantern's window opens on the green slot, and Lucas is propelled by the gust of wind that blasts out as he dashes into the forest, leaping into the treetops and quickly disappearing from view.  The only thing left that's visible is the light of his semblance, which after a while shifts back from harsh white to soft, ghostly green.  His three teammates better get a move on if they want to keep up.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

ShadowPower

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 06:42:08 AM »
Ashlee would watch as our teammate would look as if he's going to bomb us, Ashlee would quickly move and take cover. Ashlee would think. I never thought one of my own teammates would try and kill me..

Ashlee would pull out her scroll "My ID is PEP9AW." Ashlee would assume she'd be second in command so she'd rush over to Lucas blessing him with a hug "I didn't exactly READ the briefing heh." After Lucas was done talking she'd hear a voice on the radio. "Who's that?"

Ashlee would yell "I never actually even fought Grimm before!" "You heard him peeps, we gotta get a move on if we wanna actually have him think we know what we're doing. Sadly it's too soon to figure out our combat tactics and our team moves.."

Ashlee would pull out her sniper/scythe and she'd aim it so that her back is to the back of the scythe and she fires wind dust behind herself propelling herself as if she was gonna accidentally hurt herself from all the force she's putting on the back of her scythe. She'd be flying through the air as her dress was flowing in the wind and she was catching up to Lucas.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 01:26:39 PM »
After the first fright, the failed proper introduction, and the near heart attack he got when the last team member fell from the sky, Arcano was, to put it frankly, dying inside. He slowly eyed everyone up as he tipped in the others' ID in his scroll and sent a confirmation request. Well, no one here looked unfriendly and there was no reason why he should keep back, but he rather didn't have the uneasy feeling in his stomach every time he approaches one of them. Therefore, he would also make up the group's rear as everyone began to storm after Lucas.

With his threads, he could easily keep up with the others, but he still preferred to stay a little further back, just close enough that they would not lose sight of each other in all the scrub. Lucas was right, even though he knew it already, this was a real mission with real life on the stake. He couldn't afford to make a mistake, and he wouldn't. Despite his hesitant and timid appearance, his eyes radiated determination. A determination to protect these people, no matter the cost. The biggest problem later could be the amount of Grimm. And he doesn't mean the Grimm in only one place. They knew about three groups that potentially could use help- Even though Jet said his group did not need any assistance, there was still the mining outpost left. If anything goes down they would have to split up. Arcano quickly dismissed the idea.  There's enough time to think about it when the time comes, now it's time to concentrate on the task before him, and that's to get to the lumberyard before the Ringing did.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 02:40:30 AM »
Fallow was glad that his impact hadn't hurt anyone. I should really try to come up with a less destructive landing strategy. he thought to himself as someone took charge and gave a plan of action. The briefing said that the people at the tower could probably hold out. It would be better to rescue the people who can't defend themselves first. They probably won't even be there to save if we take too long getting there. Fallow had been about to raise this objection when Lucas' scroll negated the need. With scroll details going around Fallow quickly added everyone and saw their aura levels appear. Then everyone got moving, lacking many ways to increase his mobility Fallow broke out into a sprint to keep up but quickly found himself falling behind.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 03:03:25 PM »
Ashlee's attempted hug is deftly sidestepped, and is instead rewarded with a sharp glare, but otherwise Lucas doesn't pay it any mind.  He is a little bit more bothered, however, by Ashlee's admission, to which he responds, "Then you better catch up.  We don't have time for you to go over the briefing again, so you better find some other way to get filled in."  And as if to say "No, don't even ask me to explain," he begins to tear off into the forest.  His concerns about this mission begin to mount even further as Ashlee continues her proclamations of inexperience.  He really hopes this mission doesn't go sideways.

As the rest of the team follows after him, Lucas occasionally glances back to see how they're doing.  Admittedly, he's impressed that two of three can keep up with him at this pace, but he notices Fallow starting to lag behind.  Didn't I tell them to stick together, he thinks to himself as he picks up his own pace.  To anyone trying to keep up with him, it would seem like Lucas landed on a branch, jumped in front of a tree, then disappeared into thin air.  This isn't a trick of any semblance or dust, but rather the difference three years of combat training makes, as well as a "home-field advantage" (Lucas is a native Mistrali, after all).  Between that and Lucas's natural propensity for stealth, it's clear that he wasn't kidding when he said the lantern was going to be the only thing that would let the younger students track him through the forest.  And that lantern is quickly getting smaller and smaller as the group tears through the forest.

But before any of the group tries to push themselves that much harder to keep up, Lucas's voice comes on over their scrolls.  "Make sure you three stick together.  As long as you guys can see the light, I'll be in a position to keep an eye on you."  Bastard doesn't even sound like he's breathing hard.  He continues, "If you haven't already been able to guess, that floating lantern you're chasing after is my semblance.  Besides being a glorified night-light, it also enhances the effects of dust, depending on what color it's glowing.  To keep this brief and simple, red enhances fire dust, blue affects ice, and yellow affects lightning.  If you need my help navigating an obstacle or need me to provide extra oomph in a fight, contact me on my scroll, and I'll send my semblance your way if I can.  You guys should take this opportunity to discuss your own specialties, as well.  You don't need to be a cohesive team right off the bat, but understanding the basics of your colleagues' strengths can mean the difference between an easy time and a bad time."

After that, Lucas would listen to any conversations the others might have over the scroll as he watched out for any signs of danger.  The students would have a few minutes to discuss amongst themselves before Lucas's voice comes back on over the scroll, "Heads up, I've spotted a small pack of Beowolves along the path.  Looks like there's about 15 of them.  Way I see it, you've got two options.  Option A, take them out.  It'd be best if you could take them out quietly, but with this many of them, I doubt that'll be possible.  Still, that's 15 less Grimm the rest of the defense will have to deal with.  That being said, you'll probably let all the other Grimm in the area know you're here."  He pauses for a moment to let all the information sink in before continuing, "Alternatively, you can try to sneak around them.  If you do that, I'll lure them away so you don't have to deal with them on the return trip, and you'll be able to get to the lumber workers' HQ undetected.  If you do that, though, I'll be a little late to the party, and there's still a chance the Grimm will spot you anyway, possibly in a bad spot.  Your call."

Lucas's combat stats
Aura: 100%
Semblance: 96%

Sophist's Lantern
Ammo: 5/5
Fire: 100
Ice: 100
Lightning: 100
Wind: 90
Earth: 100
Kinetic: 90
Gravity: 100
Smoke Cannisters: 3/3
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:36:09 PM by ReaperJoe »

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

ShadowPower

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
Ashlee would say with strong enthusiasm, "Let's kill them!" Ashlee would continue stepping on tree trunks launching herself off of them. Ashlee would talk through the scroll so everyone would hear, and would say. "I think we should attack them knowing they shouldn't mess with us and during that time we should obviously have 2 people stay back while the other 2 advance. Someone has to keep the other grimm attracted to the noise away from us so if we do do my plan I would like to stay back Ashlee would eventually clip her scythe onto her clip so it's folded into it's carry form. She'd continue launching herself off the trees using her leg power.

Ashlee would try catching up to Lucas so she'd begin to launch herself off of a nearby branch sending her gliding into the air she'd take out her scythe grappling off tree trunks like she's an acrobat. "Lucas, after this I think we should all continue to talk personally, like at a forest cafe or something." Ashlee was hoping he'd say yes so she'd have an excuse of getting out of class."By the way, are we getting any close to the grimm? I'd like to finally fight a horde grimm before." Ashlee just realized she admitted she's never actually fought a horde of grimm. She'd eventually clip her scythe back onto her clip and would continue moving forward being prepared to eventually land onto a grimm.

Ashlee's combat stats :D
Aura: 100%
Semblance:100%

Ashlee's sniper/Scythe
Weapon Appearance: Fine
Ammo: 25/25
Fire:100%
Ice:100%
Lightning:100%
Wind:100%
Gravity:100%
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 03:49:37 PM by ShadowPower »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 07:04:30 AM »
Fallow listened intently as he continued in his struggle to keep up as Ashlee joined Lucas in disappearing completely from view. Great. Good thing the light is there or I'd be completely screwed. "ok great. Let's go through abilities then. That dust enhancement could work well paired with me. Dust is kinda my thing. I use symbols drawn in dust to create what are basically spells. They're really good at taking out lots of Grimm at once but it's easy to catch allies in the crossfire and it is not subtle at all. Also in case you haven't noticed I'm distinctly lacking in ways to move at high speeds so would some of you kindly hold up a second before I lose track of you?" Irritabilty began to permeate Fallow's words as he begun talking about his inability to keep up with the rest of his teammates.

A few minutes later reports of Grimm appeared. Now comes the fun part. Fallow thought to himself as a smile curled on his lips. "How tightly grouped are they? I might be able to take them all out at once. It'll be loud and flashy but without any negative emotions I'm willing to be the civilians will attract the Grimm more than we will anyway.......which now that I say it may not be a good thing.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2019, 01:10:30 PM »
Arcano was honestly surprised to see that he was not at the rear of the group despite trying to fall back. He looked over his shoulder, where Fellow was supposed to be and then paused for a moment. His threads being connected with the thick branches above him while he brought his free arm to his mouth. So it has been useful after all to attach a holder for his scroll to his gauntlets. "I-Uhm- I can wait for a mo- moment," he offered to their lost team member. They couldn't have lost sight of each other for too long. Then again, Arcano also tried not to be seen.

Arcano glanced over his shoulder again and noticed the white light in the distance slowly fading away. He couldn't risk falling behind too much. He swallowed hard and slowly raised his voice again, "You said there are 15?" He asked, trying to suppress the quaver in his voice, 'Come on, you can do it! They're only humans!'

"Uhm- 15 is not much- you can go ahead, you're the fastest. -I can wait in-between you two- and Fellow, so he finds the way-after he's done-or- so- I mean, can you take all of them?I can help but-" Arcano didn't just stop talking, no, he disconnected himself off completely and stared at his screen, as it displays with bold red letters the words, 'call ended.'

"Gahh,""  he groaned and hung his head. Why couldn't he just mute himself? His hand moved hesitantly over the button to join the call again, but he let his hand fall in defeat. So much for being serious. Well, he could not sink any lower now, so he picked up his speed again, this time using only one arm, as the threads on the spool of the other gauntlet never left the branch to which they were attached and continued to pull out longer and longer. With a bit of luck, Fellow will see the hair-thin threads and would be able to follow them. For now, Arcano had to focus on not losing sight of the light.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 04:23:28 PM »
Lucas inwardly sighed to himself as most of the others wasted the opportunity to discuss their abilities and specialties.  It's possible that they're not particularly useful in the current situation, but simply giving your teammates an idea of what to expect could mean the difference between a clean fight and "friendly fire".  Lucas is somewhat comforted that his semblance can potentially be complementary to Fallow's.  "Copy that, Fallow.  I'm obligated to remind you that we're in a forest, though.  I can do a bit of damage control, but try not to get too crazy with the dust.  A wildfire is a complication the evacuation doesn't need," he says over the scroll.

After giving the report about the Beowolves lurking ahead, he looks back at his teammates to keep track of them while they discuss the new information.  He responds to Ashlee's plan first as she starts to speed ahead of the group, "That plan assumes reinforcements will come from behind us, which would be highly unlikely considering I didn't see any on the way here.  Also, you need to stick with--"  He's cut off when she asks what has got to be the most ridiculous question she could have possibly asked in the given circumstances, and Lucas stares at his scroll wondering if he really heard what was just said.

That's unfortunate, because as Ashlee's trying to catch up to Lucas (who has made an effort to hide himself in order to not be spotted by Grimm as he's scouting, thus hiding him from everyone else), Lucas is unable to stop her as she sails past him and out into the open.  As she lands, she'll find herself in a large clearing surrounded by trees on all sides.  She'll also find that this clearing is populated with a number of black-furred creatures with bone-plated masks covering their face.  As the Beowolves turn to face the new disturbance, there's a beat of silence...

Howls ring out from the Grimm in the back as the Beowolves closest to Ashlee charged her, lashing out with their claws as they snarled and growled hungrily.  As the mindless creatures converged on her, Lucas takes out his scroll (making sure to bring Arcano back into the call) and says, "Well, they weren't grouped up, but there's a small group of them quickly converging on a single point.  You might want to get a move-on, though, your teammate might be in a bit of a bind.".  In the meantime, Lucas scans the surrounding area, looking to see if any other nearby Grimm heard this commotion and are coming to investigate.  He doesn't make any active effort to assist Ashlee at the moment, partly because his semblance is still guiding the rest of the team to her (and the Grimm's) location, and partly because he's not quite ready to reveal his location yet.  Ashlee will have to deal with the first few seconds of this combat alone...

Battle Log:
Beowolves 15/15 remaining
10 of them howling and advancing, 5 in range to attack
5 Claw attacks aimed at Ashlee (5% damage each)

Arcano and Fallow will arrive next round
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:29:29 PM by ReaperJoe »

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

ShadowPower

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 07:58:04 PM »
Ashlee would instantly be shocked as she's face to face with beowolves in her face and she can't do anything about it. "Well isn't this just f***ing great." 5 beowolves would swing at Ashlee lowering her Aura down to 75%. As if right on que they go right back to their position as Ashlee has scratches on her face. They made Ashlee angry and will now pay the price. Ashlee's battle music would begin to play Ashlee's hair would be in tact but some parts of her clothing was ripped, and because of that Ashlee would instantly take out her Scythe/Sniper rifle and would use wind dust to propel herself forward stabbing the spear part right into a Grimm's chest before slicing upwards causing her scythe to go straight through it's body. As another beowolf lunged at Ashlee she'd spin her scythe cutting off some of it's nails before placing the end part on it's foot and then using her force of momentum kicking it's chest before finally flipping backwards stomping on it's head. "You Will all PAY!" Ashlee would put her scythe behind her as her stance would look like she was gonna do a spin attack but just as a beowolf lunges at her she jumps up dodging it but it tearing off a piece of her sock and then she'd follow down through on it where the end part of her scythe and shoots out a bullet causing her to fly backwards onto a tree.

Upon falling back onto a tree Ashlee thinks, Maybe I can try and swiftly kill the 3 of them As if a beowolf read her mind she'd use her semblance to dodge to the side after it'd lunge at her using ice dust its claws would get stuck in the clones body (she didn't explode the ice clone) so she'd take this opportunity to cut off it's arm before slicing it's head off followed by a shot to the head of another grimm lurking near a tree. After that she'd switch to sniper mode shooting wind dust out of her gun before kicking a grimms face and flipping off of it because it'd support her weight and after she lands she tilts her head up seeing there's only one grimm left. She'd clip her scythe and pull her fists up. "Try me b****, You will find yourself in a hell of pain in a few seconds." She'd run up to the grimm, but just as it tries to slash her it'd jump a little off the ground so Ashlee would cast a shadow clone forward dashing before rolling and then casts her semblance again using gravity dust making her fly forward punching it in it's face before kicking it multiple times in the stomach before following through by quickly taking out her gun before it can react and stuffing it in its mouth and shooting... "Anyone else want some?! Ashlee would cock her gun reloading it with more bullets.

Battle Log:
Beowolves: 10/15
other 10 advancing towards Ashlee
Aura and Semblance: 74% and 4/7
Weapon Appearance: bloody
Ammo: 25/25
Fire 100%
Ice 95%
Lightning 100%
Wind 85%
Gravity 100%

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2019, 11:22:27 AM »
Arcano made up most of the distance he had fallen behind. Well, he had just caught up to the lamp and was now heading straight for Lucas and Ashlee. He could hear the distant sounds of battle that came from his scroll. It was a blessing that he was brought back into the ball and this time, he stayed in it, albeit muted. Ashlee did not seem to have too much trouble with the Beowolves, as she apparently took down the first few without much effort. Nevertheless, Arcano speeds up a bit more and soon found himself in the open field.

He didn't jump directly into the open and initially waited in the hiding shadows of the treetops and examined his surroundings. After a few moments of waiting, he pulled the threads of his one spool nack in order to allow himself a bit more movement, in case he had to step into the fight. If Fellow hadn't spotted it by now, he probably wouldn't do so if he waited a bit longer. For now, however, he stayed out of the fight. Firstly, because he wanted to head to the lumberyard imminently and secondly because more people can attract further Grimm more easily. 

He went through his options a few times, unmuted himself and said, "Lucas- uh- can you tell me the route Jet gave you? I want- I'll advance forward."
Arcano couldn't deny that he will be worried when he leaves the rest and doesn't help them against the Grimm, but he saw more opportunities when he moves on. Ashlee should be able to handle herself. She already killed five of them, though it cost her a fourth of her Aura. Fallow was somewhere behind him in case anything else fails. And then there was Lucas. Arcano could not say where he was right now, but he doubted that he was too far away. He at least could see the Grimm from his position.

"I- am inconspicuous. I can get to the lumber workers without attracting the attention of more Grimm." He added as he slowly moved along in the darkness of the forest edge. It was definitely better than sitting around here, knowing that there is a Beringel approaching a group of civilians who could not protect themselves against this kind of danger.