Author Topic: A Stab At Team Building [Team BTRA]  (Read 14764 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: A Stab At Team Building [Team BTRA]
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 01:32:44 PM »
Fallow stopped to watch as Prim climbed the building and had to admit he was impressed by her athletic ability. Then things became much more urgent pretty quickly. Prim said she though she saw Grimm and people start running off. He began running to keep up as he heard the conversation around him. Hearing Ace's plan Fallow pulled his scroll out and fortunately had already made a contact to mass call his teammates if needed. He pressed call before responding to the next part of Ace's plan. "Right. Going up." and with that Pip was put away and the Russet Grimoire was withdrawn. Pages were flicked through. a gloved hand passed over a page with a grey symbol on it. Fallow's feet then left the ground and he splayed his hand towards the ground. A blast of kinetic energy flew from his hand straight into the ground and created a spiderweb of cracks in the concrete as it impacted and Fallow's small frame was propelled out of the alleyway towards the roofs. An outstretched hand gripping a gutter was all that prevented Fallow from overshooting the roofs by a large margin. Instead he flipped over and landed crouching on the roof just behind Prim and he immediately gave chase focusing his aura in an attempt to use his sixth sense to figure out what it was Prim was heading for.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 06:07:11 AM »
Prim called out "Yeah, sure," to answer both Akeldama and Ace, though she knew what she saw. While she stopped to link her scroll, Prim noticed Fallow land behind her on the rooftops. "Company!" she exclaimed cheerfully. "Come on, let's go. I'm almost certain it's Grimm and 100% certain it's nothing good." Picking up her pace, Prim continued running along the rooftops towards the commotion she saw, and as she got closer, the more sure she was that it was Grimm. She made sure to keep along a path that went along the road down below and to keep her pace steady enough that she'd be able to continue it until they reached whatever it was that she saw. Every once in a while, she looked over her shoulder at Fallow to make sure he was keeping up, keeping her bow at the ready as well.

Once she was close enough to see the commotion clearly but not enough that they'd be able to see her crouching on the rooftop, Prim gasped in horror. She held a hand out over the roof to signal for her team to stop. Not sure they'd be able to see her in her crouched position, she made use of their scrolls being linked instead. But before that... "Akel. Ace. Stop and stay down there. You're not going to believe what it is."

Before her eyes, Grimm were being held in large cages with thick steel beams, being carted off by shady-looking people along a path strewn with barrels and boxes, with multiple people going out to look and some others leaning out of windows to. It was a pretty  If she looked a little farther down the road, there stood an arena-like thing. "They've um, captured Grimm I think. They're carting them off to who knows where, but I think it's that arena area up ahead. There are a lot of them too, Grimm I mean. It's not safe for Grimm to be so close to the main streets, or in Vale proper at all, plus if they're doing what I think they're doing..." She took a deep breath to steady herself. "Bottom line is, they have to be stopped. Game plan, leader?" To help with the, Primrose held up her scroll to give the others on the ground visual.

On the ground, a tall, well-muscled man dressed in semi-formal clothing, the ring leader, was talking with the man in charge of the Grimm capturing. "Well well well, that all of 'em?" Met with a nod, he continued, "that's a nice collection we have today. Fighters and audience the same'll get a kick out of those. Nice job Damien." The ring leader stood back to then admire the collection he'd been brought. A pair of Beringals, a few Kaiju, Shenzi, a King Taijitu, a few good old Beowolves, and even some Vulpa from the colder areas of Remnant. He then retreated back to where his five bodyguards stood at the front with Damien. Along the line of Grimm, each cage had two guards each, in case the Grimm got out. But they wouldn't do much good considering how many there were.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 07:50:37 PM »
"You have got to be kidding. Grimm! Of all places." Akel placed her fingers to her forehead, a sigh of frustration coming from her. 'Honestly. This sucks.'

Akel looked at the scroll, Beringals, Taijitu. Those were the biggest threat, Akel had the best chance at taking out the larger grimm. Her semblance being built towards tank type enemies. "We would have to strike swiftly, I can take out the Beringals and the one of the kings with my semblance, however after that I won't be able to use it again. That means I'll need you guys to cover me. Ace I think it would be best if you went and captured the ring leader and also the buyer. Fallow, I'm gonna need a way to get out quickly after I use my semblance charges, can you make sure of that?" Akel didn't think she needed to explain Prim's roll. She didn't really fit anywhere except as their ranged support. Longer time to plan would of been nice, however they would probably move the grimm off somewhere soon so time was of the essence.
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Augustus

• Personal Text
    ...what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 05:40:37 PM »
"Hold on chief." Ace said to Akel but also into his scroll. "We are dealing with professionals... who are handling Grimm," As he spoke, he brought one foot at a time to within arm's reach and turned a nigh invisible dial on his shoes, effectively adding a few inches to his hight. "Don't you think it would be unwise having to deal with both threats at once?" As he shifted through his pockets in order to change his appearance like before, he changed his voice. It was a slither of a voice that would fit well on the lips of an upstanding member of society who controlled the criminal underworld from behind the scenes. "Now I got us an idea that would tip the scales our way. We are dealing with Grimm handlers, well funded ones at that. Those cages are not breaking any time soon. In other words, so long at the handlers don't get spooked and throw open the cages, the Grimm won't go bump tonight. Now if I were to guess, all the cages run through the same digital system, nothing mechanical anymore. If one of us cuts the fuse box, those cages will be harder to open that bank vaults. I believe that I can lure the ringleader and the supplier into the motherload of evidence, where I can... prepare them for custody. That leaves the last two of us to pick off the grunts. Work in a spiral and take them out two at a time, that should bypass their countermeasures." By this point in his monologue, Ace's chin now had a distinct point to it, he appeared to have attached earlobes, and his coat was buttoned and looked tighter, and more professional. "Now, unless anyone has a better idea, who thinks they can take out the fuse box?" He didn't like taking charge like this, but this was his element. Crime was his expertise. Not utilizing that in a time like this would be suicide.
Axus Windico ~ "LET US SHARE IN THE GLORY OF COMBAT!"
Ace N. Thaholl ~ "Just what i want you to think..."

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2017, 09:20:57 AM »
Caging and transporting Grimm. Well I can't see this backfiring in any way at all. Though Fallow Grimly as the rest of his team strategized about how best to deal with the situation occurring in front of them. "I can do the fuse box. Or I can cover your escape Akel. Which will i be doing?"
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
"They're probably smart enough to use fail-secure lock, right?" Prim asked the others. "Unless that's a mag lock, which you know, doesn't have any fail-secure things." Anticipating the surprise she'd get Prim just explained before they could ask any questions. "My dad makes weapons and stuff, he uses mag locks sometimes as a locking mechanism. So I know some of this. Not a lot," she admitted. "But some. Plus I just looked it up on my scroll, so..." She shrugged, even though Fallow was the only one who could see it. "And who knows, they just might be that evil... I'm just saying, this plan is high-risk."

"Anyway," she said, still focused entirely on the ringleader and the other guy, who were currently discussing something, "if we're going with the fuse box plan, it better be me covering the energy sources. My bow is more dependable than your spells, and I can aim more carefully. I can see them up here, and I think my bow can reach that far. It doesn't look like that's more than three soccer fields." Thinking a bit more, she added, "I think you should take out the first and second cages though, if we're going with that. And if you can reach that far. Three to eight, mine. I mean..." She threw a glance at him. "If you're okay with that."
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 04:46:03 AM »
"So what's the plan then? We aiming for the grimm or the locks? Either one seems good so long as the grimm won't be a threat?" Akel really thought about making the executive decision, but mag locks and that stuff were something she didn't know anything about. "So what would be the best strategy? I'm taking any and all suggestions"

Augustus

• Personal Text
    ...what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 05:07:49 PM »
"Well, since both plans involve me going for the figure heads, I'll just get on that. I'll be able to tell which plan you go with once you start, so expect radio silence on my part. But, and I cannot stress this enough, MAINTAIN STEALTH UNTIL AFTER PHASE ONE! Give me five minutes with the bossmen then stick to the shadows until something goes boom." After this brief piece of advice, Ace adjusted his coat and rubbed his neck. Then, before anyone could react to his statement, he said, "I'll see ya on the news when we'er heroes." Then, he removed himself from his cover and, with well thought out movements, made his way over to the buyer and ringleader. A few words followed by a laugh passed between the three and Ace and the criminals disappeared into a trailer where the business would be held. He had them, but what would he find in the trailer?

(I do apologize for the absence and for worrying any of you, I have no excuse. MOVING ON!)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 06:34:36 AM »
Fallow sat passively on the rooftop as he waited for it to be decided which plan was going to be excecuted and what he would need t do.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 10:32:11 AM »
"I dunno! I'm not good at decisions, okay?" Prim's voice was high-well, higher than usual. "Just make a decision and tell me where to aim, we don't know how long Ace's going to be there!" She was honestly pretty nervous about it, it seemed like a pretty big deal. But oh well, whatever.

In her nervousness, she suddenly had an idea. In case the whole thing went sour, Prim pulled out her scroll and began snapping pictures of the whole deal. Ace had already distracted the ringleader and other guy, so she couldn't get them in, but that was enough evidence for now. All they needed to do at the moment was make sure this particular thing was busted.

Inside trailer, the ringleader and Damien dude were conversing with Ace. "So, what's your business? Can't imagine someone like you'd be too interested in this stuff, huh?" The ringleader spoke carelessly, charismatically, a smirk on his face and his posture oozing confidence. "Come on, not much time until the next show!"

Meanwhile, the Damien figure was only standing there silenty, looking the fellow up and down, seeming to analyze him. Up close his face could be seen in detail in its rugged and strict glory. Scars littered his arms, presumably even up the sleeves of his rolled-up black button-up. Unlike the ringleader, who was as spotless and shiny as some kind of actor or something. He made no moves, only stared the boy down.

The trailer itself was pretty clean, just a place to live it seemed. There was a laptop on the bed, closed, the apparent only source of any other evidence inside the trailer. At least the only one in plain sight. There was a drawer, a desk, cabinets, and who knew what they held?

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2017, 03:24:34 AM »
"Ugh, screw it. We'll disable the locks. Hopefully, they just disappear like we were taught in class." Placing her hands on the handle of her scythe and pulling the sword out of the scythe and letting the scythe unfold. Going towards the edge and squinting her eyes to spot the fuse boxes. "Let's bust some crims." taking a step back and launching herself off of the roof onto one of the large cells the sound off of her landing making some of the guards look in her direction. She smiled and waved before her hair and eyes turned red and condensed aura suddenly formed into what looked like a rush of liquid going down on both of the fuse boxes and destroying them with the hope of sealing the Grimm and not some movie trope happening to her.

Augustus

• Personal Text
    ...what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2017, 12:24:48 AM »
Choice words were all he needed. Choice words would get this done clean. Choice words were Ace's specialty. He had played this trick before. Currently, Ace was posing as an individual known as a grate, or middleman between two not so law-abiding gentlemen. Grates serves to throw police off in case of one side of a deal being compromised. Grates rarely show their faces and when they do it means they have great confidence in the transaction... and their pay. Choice words are all it takes. Ace is recording the conversation, gathering evidence. Another great way to do that is to take another man's wad of illegal cash. Seeing "his" pay, old instinct kicked in, and Ace decided to play along a little while longer...

He keeps the two laughing. Jokes about heists gone wrong and how foolish the cops can be. He keeps them talking, revealing more and more about this operations, slowly. Above all he keeps them distracted. Thugs are most alert when the boss men are out and about. Thugs are most lazy when the boss men are talking in their private area. And lazy thugs mean an easy mission for his team...

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2017, 05:10:51 AM »
Primrose sighed in relief as the locks didn't open at the fuse box's destruction. Fail-secure. Good, at least they were smart bad guys. Wait, would that be bad?

Regardless, she strung a few electric arrows and take out the two guards closest to them. She wanted to incapacitate, not kill. Even if they had Aura, she didn't want to risk it. It'd do enough. "I'll get the guards, the rest of you focus on the Grimm." She glanced quickly down at her phone and then at her occupied hands. "Someone call for backup, police, the school, something like-oh god my scroll!" She scurried back hurriedly as sparks came from the device, a similar reaction coming from places near them. Tough luck it seemed, the phenomena stopped only a few yards behind her.

"Ah, you're one heck of a guy, Ace. Don't worry by the way." A bang sounded outside, followed by the sound of commotion. The ringleader seemed to hear something on his earpiece that caused him some level of distress. You couldn't really tell much from his reaction though, simply a sigh and a shaking of the head, followed by a hearty chuckle. "Nice job, double-cross me, huh?" He snarled and turned his gun on-

Damien narrowed his eyes, matching the other man's snarl with one of his own. "I did nothing of the sort." His voice only came out as a whisper, maybe a loud mutter, but it carried with it the dark, gravelly quality of a man who was not to be trifled with.

The ringleader opened his mouth to speak, then just closed it and shrugged. "Either way, I was planning to rip you off. You just made it less or a jerk move." Quick as a whip, he pulled out a small object and threw it forward, beeping rapidly. A bomb. Except the people weren't the targets, evident by the state of the electronics in the room. "EMP. Sorry if that stung. Leave no evidence, right? And the calls, texts, everything between us, Damien, evidence. If you decide to ever sell me out. How I love these babies. Pity about the computer though. Didn't even need to destroy that, runs off of RAM, hard drives and USB's are inserted. Smart, huh?" He smirked and fled the scene quickly, leaving only Ace and Damien in the trailer. "Have fun with your unlaundered pay, Damien. My usual Grimm guy's been wanting to thin the competition and I needed somewhere to deposit dirty money for it to end up in the hands of some choice police and district institutions."

Seeing the carnage outside, he disappeared into the labyrinth, leaving the flames to burn.

Spoiler: ShowHide
This was definitely not set up so that I had a chance to FINALLY use some of my research and interest in gang stuff... nope.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:19:13 PM by The Mythic Scribe »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2017, 11:59:58 AM »
A mildly shocked "Shit!"   was all that came from Fallow as he and Prim's scrolls went to hell. when it shocked his hand he flicked the scroll to the side not even bothering to watch it crashing to the ground and breaking. Don't need it anymore. We have our plan. Fallow rose and begun flipping through the Russet Grimoire until he found the spell he was looking for. Running a hand across the page that hand immediately went into the air above his head where 100 daggers of ice formed. He then cast his hand forwards and the daggers flew forward into the crowd below hitting Grimm and transporter alike. Screw 'em. They were involved in the transportation anyway so he didn't care about inflicting injuries. Not that he had a method of attack that wasn't harmful to everyone in a broad area anyway.

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 12:15:54 AM »
Akel was more than a little shocked at the sudden rain of daggers in her vision. It was a little too close for comfort for her and she stumbled backward to get even a little bit further than the rain of ice daggers. She jumped over to the next cage which held a beringal and destroyed the fuse box and heading straight to another, if any got out it would just be trouble.